View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Internet Providers and SCEPCOP

Discussions about the James Randi Educational Foundation and its Million Dollar Challenge.

Re: Internet Providers and SCEPCOP

Postby ciscop » 14 Aug 2009, 22:13

i think thats fair enought
:D

personally
i like to play around the professor
he is a magician that ¨applied¨ for the MDC to look for some fame
he managed to get thrown out of the challenge by posting in several forums bashing jref, randi, allison smith and jeff wag
and now he is bitter because of that

one of the problems
is he didnt make a paranormal claim
ask the professor.. WHAT WAS YOUR PARANORMAL CLAIM
and see him dance off the question
quite funny actually
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
User avatar
ciscop
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: 22 Jul 2009, 12:04






Re: Internet Providers and SCEPCOP

Postby brett » 14 Aug 2009, 22:57

ciscop wrote:i think thats fair enought
:D

personally
i like to play around the professor
he is a magician that ¨applied¨ for the MDC to look for some fame
he managed to get thrown out of the challenge by posting in several forums bashing jref, randi, allison smith and jeff wag
and now he is bitter because of that

one of the problems
is he didnt make a paranormal claim
ask the professor.. WHAT WAS YOUR PARANORMAL CLAIM
and see him dance off the question
quite funny actually



would the professor care to answer this ? - in the interests of fairness - and the enlightenment of those who have not been here that long ?? :D
LIFE - just filling the bits between birth, death and taxes
User avatar
brett
 
Posts: 436
Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 22:23
Location: Plymouth UK

Re: Internet Providers and SCEPCOP

Postby NinjaPuppy » 15 Aug 2009, 00:22

brett wrote:would the professor care to answer this ? - in the interests of fairness - and the enlightenment of those who have not been here that long ?? :D


Actually none of us here have been around that long. At least on this particular forum. Much of the 'witty banter' is spill over from other Internet forums where various participants have either been banned or run off. It's hard to put the pieces together to really make any attempt to understand most of it.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Internet Providers and SCEPCOP

Postby Frank Lee » 15 Aug 2009, 00:39

SeanRMR wrote:No it suggests that people here aren't computer experts.

I know it can be done but I don't see why someone would go to the effort just to have multiple accounts on this forum.

It is symptomatic of his narcissistic personality disorder that he believes that people are creating multiple accounts to argue with him. In his mind, everything revolves around him.

Frank Lee
Frank Lee
 
Posts: 39
Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 01:23

Re: Internet Providers and SCEPCOP

Postby Azrael » 15 Aug 2009, 02:21

NinjaPuppy wrote:
brett wrote:would the professor care to answer this ? - in the interests of fairness - and the enlightenment of those who have not been here that long ?? :D


Actually none of us here have been around that long. At least on this particular forum. Much of the 'witty banter' is spill over from other Internet forums where various participants have either been banned or run off. It's hard to put the pieces together to really make any attempt to understand most of it.


Whilst you grow old waiting for Prof to answer I'll break it down ;)

He thinks he has a paranormal ability. He hasn't.

Hope that helps :D
I'm always very skeptical of any situation where someone's notability hinges on their connection to another notable person
Azrael
 
Posts: 232
Joined: 23 Jul 2009, 02:32

Re: Internet Providers and SCEPCOP

Postby Ozz » 15 Aug 2009, 09:24

Azrael wrote:[
Whilst you grow old waiting for Prof to answer I'll break it down ;)

He thinks he has a paranormal ability. He hasn't.

Hope that helps :D


I'd like to nominate this post for an Awesome Award.
Ozz
 
Posts: 41
Joined: 22 Jul 2009, 22:38

Re: Internet Providers and SCEPCOP

Postby brett » 16 Aug 2009, 03:25

Azrael wrote:
NinjaPuppy wrote:
brett wrote:would the professor care to answer this ? - in the interests of fairness - and the enlightenment of those who have not been here that long ?? :D


Actually none of us here have been around that long. At least on this particular forum. Much of the 'witty banter' is spill over from other Internet forums where various participants have either been banned or run off. It's hard to put the pieces together to really make any attempt to understand most of it.


Whilst you grow old waiting for Prof to answer I'll break it down ;)

He thinks he has a paranormal ability. He hasn't.

Hope that helps :D


and your PROOF of this statement ?? ( just for the benefit of those of us who have not been privy to what is rapidly becoming obvious to me through reading the multitudinous posts has been going on longer than just on THIS FORUM ) ;)

SORRY TO LABOUR THE POINT ,but lets get the FACTS (NOT SUPPOSITION - NOT PERSONAL OPINIONS - OR GRUDGES ) out in the open as if you are going to criticise an individual - well at least ways do it in a fair and proportionate manner - with the right to reply
LIFE - just filling the bits between birth, death and taxes
User avatar
brett
 
Posts: 436
Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 22:23
Location: Plymouth UK

Re: Internet Providers and SCEPCOP

Postby Frank Lee » 16 Aug 2009, 03:42

brett wrote:and your PROOF of this statement ?? ( just for the benefit of those of us who have not been privy to what is rapidly becoming obvious to me through reading the multitudinous posts has been going on longer than just on THIS FORUM ) ;)

SORRY TO LABOUR THE POINT ,but lets get the FACTS (NOT SUPPOSITION - NOT PERSONAL OPINIONS - OR GRUDGES ) out in the open as if you are going to criticise an individual - well at least ways do it in a fair and proportionate manner - with the right to reply


Last year he applied to the James Randi Educational Foundation's Million Dollar Challenge. The MDC challenges a participant to demonstrate a paranormal ability they believe they have. So either Dave Koenig (aka 'The Professor') believes he has a paranormal ability or he enjoys pretending that he believes he has a paranormal ability.

Frank Lee
Frank Lee
 
Posts: 39
Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 01:23

Re: Internet Providers and SCEPCOP

Postby brett » 16 Aug 2009, 04:28

Frank Lee wrote:
brett wrote:and your PROOF of this statement ?? ( just for the benefit of those of us who have not been privy to what is rapidly becoming obvious to me through reading the multitudinous posts has been going on longer than just on THIS FORUM ) ;)

SORRY TO LABOUR THE POINT ,but lets get the FACTS (NOT SUPPOSITION - NOT PERSONAL OPINIONS - OR GRUDGES ) out in the open as if you are going to criticise an individual - well at least ways do it in a fair and proportionate manner - with the right to reply


Last year he applied to the James Randi Educational Foundation's Million Dollar Challenge. The MDC challenges a participant to demonstrate a paranormal ability they believe they have. So either Dave Koenig (aka 'The Professor') believes he has a paranormal ability or he enjoys pretending that he believes he has a paranormal ability.

Frank Lee


uh huh , and so did Mr koenig - get accepted by the foundation and tested ?? - if not what reasons where given for rejection ?? - and since when has the foundation been the world wide arbiter of paranormal ability ?? - i and many others don't recognise their position as being anything more than a self appointed group of people with opinions - we have equivalent groups of self appointed people in the UK - both skeptical and pro paranormal - all vieing to be "top dog " in their respective fields - but just because THEY say "we are the experts " ,don't mean they are - or that every one is fooled by their claimed "authority" in these matters - nor indeed the fact they may have many supporters - our political parties have them too - but do we trust any of them ?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: ( we REALLY need a simile for cynical laughter scepcop !! )
LIFE - just filling the bits between birth, death and taxes
User avatar
brett
 
Posts: 436
Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 22:23
Location: Plymouth UK

Re: Internet Providers and SCEPCOP

Postby ciscop » 16 Aug 2009, 04:49

what was your point on questioning jref credentials?
would you care to mention the UK proparanormal groups?
jref has this challenge for a million, nobody says they are the ultimate authority (just believers since they need a hitler to fight against)
but there´s like 30 other paranormal challenges in the world....
back to what we were discussing

koenig was thrown out because he didnt stated what was his paranormal ability
theres like 37 pages of him on the jref forums just jumping the question, you can ask him here
after so many many negotiations and after seen him bashing on jref and the MDC on many internet forums
they cancelled his application.. my personal opinion is that, that was what he intended.. he really never wanted to take the test, he just wanted to say ¨skeptics wont test me¨. but is difficult to test something you dont even define what it is
and still.. he wont say whats his paranormal claim
just ask him
:D

see him jump
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
User avatar
ciscop
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: 22 Jul 2009, 12:04

Re: Internet Providers and SCEPCOP

Postby Frank Lee » 16 Aug 2009, 05:31

brett wrote:
Frank Lee wrote:
brett wrote:and your PROOF of this statement ?? ( just for the benefit of those of us who have not been privy to what is rapidly becoming obvious to me through reading the multitudinous posts has been going on longer than just on THIS FORUM ) ;)

SORRY TO LABOUR THE POINT ,but lets get the FACTS (NOT SUPPOSITION - NOT PERSONAL OPINIONS - OR GRUDGES ) out in the open as if you are going to criticise an individual - well at least ways do it in a fair and proportionate manner - with the right to reply


Last year he applied to the James Randi Educational Foundation's Million Dollar Challenge. The MDC challenges a participant to demonstrate a paranormal ability they believe they have. So either Dave Koenig (aka 'The Professor') believes he has a paranormal ability or he enjoys pretending that he believes he has a paranormal ability.

Frank Lee


uh huh , and so did Mr koenig - get accepted by the foundation and tested ?? - if not what reasons where given for rejection ?? - and since when has the foundation been the world wide arbiter of paranormal ability ?? - i and many others don't recognise their position as being anything more than a self appointed group of people with opinions - we have equivalent groups of self appointed people in the UK - both skeptical and pro paranormal - all vieing to be "top dog " in their respective fields - but just because THEY say "we are the experts " ,don't mean they are - or that every one is fooled by their claimed "authority" in these matters - nor indeed the fact they may have many supporters - our political parties have them too - but do we trust any of them ?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: ( we REALLY need a simile for cynical laughter scepcop !! )


I thought you were asking for proof of Azrael' statements, "He thinks he has a paranormal ability. He hasn't." I addressed the first sentence in my previous response.

As to the second sentence, Azrael cannot prove that Koenig doesn't have a paranormal ability. On the other hand, Koenig has not chosen to prove that he has a paranormal ability. He doesn't have to depend upon the JREF or even associate himself with the JREF or any equivalent group in order to prove to the world that he has a paranormal ability. But until he does prove to the world that he has a paranormal ability, I believe it is reasonable to assume that he does not.

Frank Lee
Frank Lee
 
Posts: 39
Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 01:23

Re: Internet Providers and SCEPCOP

Postby brett » 16 Aug 2009, 15:20

ciscop wrote:what was your point on questioning jref credentials?
would you care to mention the UK proparanormal groups?
jref has this challenge for a million, nobody says they are the ultimate authority (just believers since they need a hitler to fight against)
but there´s like 30 other paranormal challenges in the world....
back to what we were discussing

koenig was thrown out because he didnt stated what was his paranormal ability
theres like 37 pages of him on the jref forums just jumping the question, you can ask him here
after so many many negotiations and after seen him bashing on jref and the MDC on many internet forums
they cancelled his application.. my personal opinion is that, that was what he intended.. he really never wanted to take the test, he just wanted to say ¨skeptics wont test me¨. but is difficult to test something you dont even define what it is
and still.. he wont say whats his paranormal claim
just ask him
:D

see him jump


my point in questioning jref's credentials ?? er that should be obvious - if one is going to set oneself up as any sort of "experts" on a subject - well lets see some proof to back up that expertise ;) and i ask THAT of both pro and anti groups

odd why are you interested in ONLY the paranormal groups ?? - what about the skeptical ones also - or are they by default OK and don't need questioning ??

any ways back to the subject :D

OK so Mr koenig - has never substantiated or seemingly even defined his claim of paranormal ability to jref by their standards in your and others opinion - that is fair comment - and i agree he should do so in an open and fully understandable way - don't get me wrong here i am just trying to get a handle on this "saga " - guess i will have to log in to jref and have a look at the threads on this

in the mean time - all i can logically say to the professor is : come on guy - lets have it out in the open - what IS your claim ?? what CAN you do ?? and how will you demonstrate it ??

i am sure that ALL here on scepcop will give you a fair hearing -( no million dollars though i suspect ) - can i say fairer than that folks ?? - - and again i reiterate - I personally have no axe to grind with either side of this particular argument - all i seek is clarification of the FACTS - and AGAIN also reiterate that sniping and abuse of the PERSON , are NOT the way to conduct ourselves - constructive questioning and argument is

i guess at the end of the day this is like stepping into one of those "feuds" you used to see portrayed on the telly - with all the bullets flying round its hard to know what the fude was all about ;)
LIFE - just filling the bits between birth, death and taxes
User avatar
brett
 
Posts: 436
Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 22:23
Location: Plymouth UK

Re: Internet Providers and SCEPCOP

Postby brett » 16 Aug 2009, 15:34

thanks frank - see my previous post to ciscop - the more i read of this saga - the more it seems to be a minefield that only the brave step in to - and its obvious this minefield has been there a fair while :lol: - oh i was asking but i also want to chuck in a few questions of my own as well - just for background purposes you understand -( i think and Analise in maybe a slightly different way to many so PLEASE excuse me if i seemingly go off track frequently :lol: )

yep - you have a reasonable point - i have as you see also now said to the professor - lets hear your claims - and see any proof thereto - i guess at the end of the day he will stand or fall on his silence or otherwise ;)
LIFE - just filling the bits between birth, death and taxes
User avatar
brett
 
Posts: 436
Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 22:23
Location: Plymouth UK

Re: Internet Providers and SCEPCOP

Postby The Professor » 18 Aug 2009, 20:01

Randi has been told to his face in front of lots of people that the JREF MDC is a SHAM, and randi has NEVER refuted that fact!
He won't take a polygraph and he won't explain his actions!!!!!
He has lost any credibility that he once had ... SAD!!!!!

So now someone pays people to create false accounts of any forum that reveals the TRUTH!!!!!

First they said it couldn't be done ... Now they try to cover their LIES :)

They basically create a zillion false accounts with different IP's and then try to detract and derail each and every thread (Just like here)
You'll notice how they constantly change the subject ... dead giveaway !!!!

They were all most recently booted from the Magic Cafe. They shut down the entire Skepic area there due to their attack. They are happy about it too, so they are trying the same tactic here, trying to shut down this forum.
Obvious really ... And you can check the IP's too!!!!!!
Same as the ones booted from the Cafe :)
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSED TO TEST FOR A MILLION DOLLARS
The Professor
 
Posts: 343
Joined: 20 Jul 2009, 11:26

Re: Internet Providers and SCEPCOP

Postby ciscop » 19 Aug 2009, 00:44

im still at the cafe :D

and it was because of you and your friend the idiot tom cutts that the skeptic area got closed
bunch of religious nuts

i dont go to the cafe anymore since that happened
such a shame
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
User avatar
ciscop
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: 22 Jul 2009, 12:04

PreviousNext

Return to JREF / Randi Challenge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests