View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Was Randi Wrong about Uri Geller?

Discussions about the James Randi Educational Foundation and its Million Dollar Challenge.

Re: Was Randi Wrong about Uri Geller?

Postby Kevin Kane » 07 Feb 2010, 04:50

ciscop wrote:
no man, mentalism is a lot of chitchat... is pure ballooney and acting before reading somebody's mind

I'm not really a big magic fan. Most of them are entertaining clowns. But I do like the mentalists type ones like Kreskin and Geller. The ones that make people think. And you know what? They seem like the nicest of guys too. And I hate when bully pseudo-experts pick on nice guys.
Kevin Kane

Postby ProfWag » 07 Feb 2010, 20:24

For the record, if you were to attend a skeptics convention, you would find a very wide assortment of nice guys.
ProfWag

Postby Kevin Kane » 08 Feb 2010, 05:29

ProfWag wrote:For the record, if you were to attend a skeptics convention, you would find a very wide assortment of nice guys.

That's assuming that skeptics can find the convention. And assuming that they still remain nice guys after hearing a sales talk from skeptic guru Michael Shermer.
Kevin Kane

Postby ciscop » 08 Feb 2010, 06:50

Kevin Kane wrote:
ciscop wrote:
no man, mentalism is a lot of chitchat... is pure ballooney and acting before reading somebody's mind

I'm not really a big magic fan. Most of them are entertaining clowns. But I do like the mentalists type ones like Kreskin and Geller. The ones that make people think. And you know what? They seem like the nicest of guys too. And I hate when bully pseudo-experts pick on nice guys.

kreskin is all right
he can claim whatever he wants since he only does entertainment
geller on the other hand is a scam artist
he deceived companies
thats why geller is controversial and kreskin isnt
do you undestand that my dear tonto?
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby Kevin Kane » 08 Feb 2010, 07:32

What would happen if skeptics held a convention and the only people who showed up were 2 anti-skeptics? One, dressed in a gypsy witch costume, shouting to James Randi "stupid fraud!", and the other, dressed in a Darth Vader costume saying: "Shermer .. I am your father, join us on the dark side".

Oh no, such rude silliness would never occur. Anti-skeptics have more sense than skeptics.
Kevin Kane

Postby highflyertoo » 08 Feb 2010, 11:20

ciscop wrote:
Kevin Kane wrote:
ciscop wrote:

kreskin is all right
he can claim whatever he wants since he only does entertainment
geller on the other hand is a scam artist
he deceived companies
thats why geller is controversial and kreskin isnt
do you undestand that my dear tonto?

Hey ciscop are you jealous of Uri Geller?

So what is your real problem against Uri? You use the term decieving, yet how aren't you a deciever? All evil is classed as decieving, and you do Evil on a daily basis. You ciscop are a deciever like James Randi is a deciever. All people who disobey God are decievers.
Randi was no researcher of the paranormal even though he tried half heartedly.... Shows over.
highflyertoo

Postby ciscop » 08 Feb 2010, 14:45

So what is your real problem against Uri? You use the term decieving, yet how aren't you a deciever? All evil is classed as decieving, and you do Evil on a daily basis. You ciscop are a deciever like James Randi is a deciever. All people who disobey God are decievers.

first than all.. there is no god

and second
if uri stayed as a performer
and doing it only for entertainment i will have no problem with him
it is entertainment
but then he crossed the ethical line
by using his non existent powers and dowse for oil
that is a scam artist
and thats not cool
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby highflyertoo » 08 Feb 2010, 19:25

ciscop wrote:

first than all.. there is no god

and second
if uri stayed as a performer
and doing it only for entertainment i will have no problem with him
it is entertainment
but then he crossed the ethical line
by using his non existent powers and dowse for oil
that is a scam artist
and thats not cool

So Uri may be a prankster, but he doesn't talk to the dead like Sylvia Browne causing ''grief relief'' which is more harm than good.
Randi was no researcher of the paranormal even though he tried half heartedly.... Shows over.
highflyertoo

Postby highflyertoo » 08 Feb 2010, 20:20

time to log off
highflyertoo

Postby ciscop » 09 Feb 2010, 02:31

it is not a prank when you charge thousands or millions of dollars to use powers you dont have
that is not a prank

a company lost money and valuable time
and the CEO was fired for hiring Uri without permission from the Board of directors
(also for being a complete idiot, which is usually the people that believe that sort of thing)
ciscop

Postby NinjaPuppy » 09 Feb 2010, 04:04

ciscop wrote:it is not a prank when you charge thousands or millions of dollars to use powers you dont have
that is not a prank

and the CEO was fired for hiring Uri without permission from the Board of directors
(also for being a complete idiot, which is usually the people that believe that sort of thing)

That is an excellent point. I am all for psychics and those who believe they are psychics but these thousands of dollars for their services should tell you something. When does common sense come into play with some people?
NinjaPuppy

Postby Kevin Kane » 09 Feb 2010, 04:36

ciscop wrote:it is not a prank when you charge thousands or millions of dollars to use powers you dont have
that is not a prank

A blank oil company lost time and money?

ORLY?

HURRAH FOR URI!

Hurrah for someone screwing the fat oil cats for a change. Uri Geller is a true hero. Thank you for pointing this out to everyone, ciscop.
Kevin Kane

Postby ciscop » 09 Feb 2010, 04:55

Kevin Kane wrote:
that is not a prank

A blank oil company lost time and money?

ORLY?

HURRAH FOR URI!

Hurrah for someone screwing the fat oil cats for a change. Uri Geller is a true hero. Thank you for pointing this out to everyone, ciscop.

yeah...
oil companies that provide oil for the car you use
well... maybe you dont drive
slow people ride a shiny yellow bus right?
ciscop

Postby Kevin Kane » 09 Feb 2010, 05:24

No, I live in a city and am healthy. I walk and ride bikes. London and NYC are taking steps to ban cars in certain parts of the city. Paris is targetting SUVs. Less cars = healthier world.
Kevin Kane

Postby ciscop » 09 Feb 2010, 05:32

Kevin Kane wrote:No, I live in a city and am healthy. I walk and ride bikes. London and NYC are taking steps to ban cars in certain parts of the city. Paris is targetting SUVs. Less cars = healthier world.

good for you
dont stop there
also dont buy food that arent local
remember it took oil to trasport them
the same goes for medicine

i still dont get whats your fix
is it psychic stuff? green stuff? conspiracy theories? big foot?
what are you into?
ciscop

PreviousNext

Return to JREF / Randi Challenge