View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Was Randi Wrong about Uri Geller?

Discussions about the James Randi Educational Foundation and its Million Dollar Challenge.

Re: Was Randi Wrong about Uri Geller?

Postby ciscop » 06 Feb 2010, 11:00

Kevin Kane wrote:Look! Uri moved and is peeking at the woman's drawing that is facing her and not visible to him.

Oh wait .. it was just Camera 2.

My bad.

Things I've learned about Uri Geller from skeptics:

Uri Geller is spying on everything everyone does.

He's peeking everywhere.

He's peeping in key holes and looking thru door cracks.

He's watching us changing our underwear and stuff.

He's really sneaky.

No .. really, really sneaky.

no my dear tonto
the peek uri geller is using is called the Gypsie Peek
you would know this if you were a magician
which you arent
so your opinion is from an ignorant of the art of deception
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby highflyertoo » 06 Feb 2010, 11:29

ciscop wrote:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DinkCry5KlM&feature=related[/youtube]

here it is
not sure if you both kevin and h2 will understand it

i didnt find a video of the muppets explaining uri geller´s spoon bending
maybe teletubbies are more apt for your level?

so what sort of a magician are you ciscop?
Randi was no researcher of the paranormal even though he tried half heartedly.... Shows over.
highflyertoo

Postby highflyertoo » 06 Feb 2010, 11:38

Ciscop, would you please post a video of yourself performing magic trickery.
Randi was no researcher of the paranormal even though he tried half heartedly.... Shows over.
highflyertoo

Postby Kevin Kane » 06 Feb 2010, 12:25

ciscop wrote:
no my dear tonto
which you arent

Something I do understand is paranoia. That's the only explanation for why skeptics think that Uri Geller is so incredibly sneaky. No evidence exists for the skeptic claims and theories of how Uri does his tricks. Skeptics are paranoids who invent myths to explain Uri's tricks.

That's reality.
Kevin Kane

Postby ciscop » 06 Feb 2010, 15:13

highflyertoo wrote:Ciscop, would you please post a video of yourself performing magic trickery.

no
i dont have my videos on youtube
and the videos i got are on spanish so you wouldnt understand anyway
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby ciscop » 06 Feb 2010, 15:33

Kevin Kane wrote:
ciscop wrote:
no my dear tonto
which you arent

Something I do understand is paranoia. That's the only explanation for why skeptics think that Uri Geller is so incredibly sneaky. No evidence exists for the skeptic claims and theories of how Uri does his tricks. Skeptics are paranoids who invent myths to explain Uri's tricks.

That's reality.

no my dear tonto
thats escaping truth

you prefer to think there's actually ONE guy bending spoons and keys
and you never wondered why?
why not some other kind of metals? uri geller doesnt even bend coins. WHY?
ANSWER- Coin bends were invented way later than the 70s when uri came out and already had his famous 5 tricks

you have seen the videos of him cheating yet your cogntive dissonance or your lack of intelligence blocks you from the truth... i think that amazes me more than anything uri did..
is like you manage to see yet you do not understand what you see.. is kind of interesting
ciscop

Postby Kevin Kane » 06 Feb 2010, 17:09

highflyertoo wrote:
so what sort of a magician are you ciscop?

First, he shows up at the wrong club, insults the audience and stays too long. Then he tells what a great magician he is and everyone he's better then .. and when the crowd says "you suck!", he says: "Hey, what do you know about magic, huh!? Are you magic experts? Because I am".
Kevin Kane

Postby Kevin Kane » 06 Feb 2010, 17:51

ciscop wrote:
you have seen the videos of him cheating yet your cogntive dissonance or your lack of intelligence blocks you from the truth... i think that amazes me more than anything uri did..
is like you manage to see yet you do not understand what you see.. is kind of interesting

I have seen the videos. And you know, people are more sophisticated nowdays then in Randi's day. Almost every piece of evidence that I've seen or read about skeptics debunking psychics and paranormals wouldn't pass legal standards of proof, much less scientific standards of proof. With the preponderance of cop shows, lawyer shows, science shows .. and the internet, people are more savy as to what those standards of proof are.

Skeptics Dr. David Marks and Dr. Richard Kammann claimed they:

"found evidence that while at SRI, Geller was allowed to peek through a hole in the laboratory wall separating Geller from the drawings he was being invited to reproduce. The drawings he was asked to reproduce were placed on a wall opposite the peep hole which the investigators Targ and Puthoff had stuffed with cotton gauze."

But where is the evidence to ANY of this?

And why is Uri Geller peeping thru a hole in the wall that's filled with cotton? Does Uri have X-ray vision too?

I SEE YOU!

Kevin Kane

Postby ProfWag » 06 Feb 2010, 20:08

highflyertoo wrote:No ProfWag.
The question was answered for you and you didn't like it.

Randi has not seen a Ghost and therefore believes he can manipulate ''ALL OTHER '' people who have never seen a Ghost,and you fall into Randi's puppy dog kennel.

Let me tell you how it is.You haven't seen a Ghost. So why do you tell other people that they haven't seen a Ghost? Your OWN WORDS THAT SPUE FROM YOUR MOUTH continue to say ''where's the validity''?

:D

Oh contrare', I have seen a ghost. I've even discussed it in this forum I believe, over in the "share your experience" thread.
ProfWag

Postby ProfWag » 06 Feb 2010, 20:13

I would kind of like to get back to basics. Does anyone have a video of Uri doing something paranormal that isn't a magic trick? I'd really like to see one.
ProfWag

Postby highflyertoo » 06 Feb 2010, 20:52

ciscop wrote:
highflyertoo wrote:Ciscop, would you please post a video of yourself performing magic trickery.

no

Magic is visual,so what's the lingo barrier got to do with it?

Boos and Peanuts from the Gallery. :lol:
highflyertoo

Postby highflyertoo » 06 Feb 2010, 20:55

ProfWag wrote:
highflyertoo wrote:No ProfWag.
The question was answered for you and you didn't like it.

Randi has not seen a Ghost and therefore believes he can manipulate ''ALL OTHER '' people who have never seen a Ghost,and you fall into Randi's puppy dog kennel.

Let me tell you how it is.You haven't seen a Ghost. So why do you tell other people that they haven't seen a Ghost? Your OWN WORDS THAT SPUE FROM YOUR MOUTH continue to say ''where's the validity''?

:D

Oh contrare', I have seen a ghost. I've even discussed it in this forum I believe, over in the "share your experience" thread.

You win the Drivel Award..... You did say that you have faith in ''Ghosts don't exist''..... You and Ciscop are flip flop classics...... :lol:
highflyertoo

Postby ciscop » 06 Feb 2010, 22:49

highflyertoo wrote:
ciscop wrote:

no

Magic is visual,so what's the lingo barrier got to do with it?

Boos and Peanuts from the Gallery. :lol:

no man, mentalism is a lot of chitchat... is pure ballooney and acting before reading somebody's mind
ciscop

Postby ciscop » 06 Feb 2010, 23:03

Kevin Kane wrote:
ciscop wrote:

I have seen the videos. And you know, people are more sophisticated nowdays then in Randi's day. Almost every piece of evidence that I've seen or read about skeptics debunking psychics and paranormals wouldn't pass legal standards of proof, much less scientific standards of proof. With the preponderance of cop shows, lawyer shows, science shows .. and the internet, people are more savy as to what those standards of proof are.

Skeptics Dr. David Marks and Dr. Richard Kammann claimed they:

"found evidence that while at SRI, Geller was allowed to peek through a hole in the laboratory wall separating Geller from the drawings he was being invited to reproduce. The drawings he was asked to reproduce were placed on a wall opposite the peep hole which the investigators Targ and Puthoff had stuffed with cotton gauze."

But where is the evidence to ANY of this?

And why is Uri Geller peeping thru a hole in the wall that's filled with cotton? Does Uri have X-ray vision too?

I SEE YOU!

In my show i reproduce drawings wraped inside a sheet of aluminium stuffed in an envelope which i never touch
i dont touch the envelopes and the drawings are made in a separate room, i dont need a peep hole
yet i can reproduce the drawings. i can think of at least 5 ways of doing it without needing peeping hole.

I dont feel i am better than anybody
i just know how to accomplish many things that appear psychic but they are not
if you my dear tonto, want to believe tricks of a magician thats ok
thats just is proof of your lack of intelligence

that uri did some tricks to a couple of believers
russell and targ. doesnt mean he was for real
it just mean he was able to fool a couple of scientists, not the WHOLE scientist community
go look around
there is a reason why uri doesnt want to be called psychic anymore
now he is a mystifier
hahaha what a pathetic joke
ciscop

Postby highflyertoo » 07 Feb 2010, 01:39

ciscop are you fake magician?
Last edited by highflyertoo on 07 Feb 2010, 13:14, edited 1 time in total.
highflyertoo

PreviousNext

Return to JREF / Randi Challenge