View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

There seems to be some confusion regarding this topic

Discussions about the James Randi Educational Foundation and its Million Dollar Challenge.

Re: There seems to be some confusion regarding this topic

Postby skeprogue » 27 Jul 2009, 15:56

highflyertoo wrote:
skeprogue wrote:
highflyertoo wrote:What would make most skeptics think Randi is an honest man?.... his past deceptions in illusion ? Can a man that tricked people become an Authority in ''HONESTY''. I myself am skeptical of skeptics who tell the people to trust them.

The fact that those who think that he is dishonest cannot cite a recent example of dishonesty on his part. Yes. And when has Randi ever told the people to trust him?

And speaking of dishonest, when *are* we going to see that statue move of its own volition?

Randi's always telling people to trust him. Twice on Sunday's after BRUNCH

Yet another fact-free post from the entity who cannot explan why that statue *still* hasn't moved under *any volition, let alone its own.
skeprogue

Postby Ozz » 27 Jul 2009, 15:57

Franc28 wrote:Yes, I agree about Randi being an expert on deception, and that's basically the main element that a test of "paranormal powers" would need, if anyone was ever interested in such tests.

And not just Randi. People like Derren Brown, Richard Wiseman and Banachek are other great examples of magicians who use their skills to investigate paranormal phenomenon and to promote science and skepticism.

-- Ozz
Ozz

Postby highflyertoo » 27 Jul 2009, 16:18

skeprogue wrote:
highflyertoo wrote:What would make most skeptics think Randi is an honest man?.... his past deceptions in illusion ? Can a man that tricked people become an Authority in ''HONESTY''. I myself am skeptical of skeptics who tell the people to trust them.

The fact that those who think that he is dishonest cannot cite a recent example of dishonesty on his part. Yes. And when has Randi ever told the people to trust him?

And speaking of dishonest, when *are* we going to see that statue move of its own volition?

Is this the Statue you are talking about..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm2IkCkHGwc
Randi was no researcher of the paranormal even though he tried half heartedly.... Shows over.
highflyertoo

Postby skeprogue » 27 Jul 2009, 17:28

When has Randi ever told the people to trust him?

highflyertoo wrote:Is this the Statue you are talking about..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm2IkCkHGwc

Seems completely stationary to me, nor are its lips moving producing speech.

Those *were* your claims, weren't they?
skeprogue

Postby highflyertoo » 27 Jul 2009, 18:00

skeprogue wrote:When has Randi ever told the people to trust him?

highflyertoo wrote:Is this the Statue you are talking about..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm2IkCkHGwc

Yes , I claimed the Statue would move in the future after I obatain certain qualities. So what does that have to do with this thread. Are you spamming or whinging ? Now how about you take Pyrrho's advice for once :mrgreen:
Randi was no researcher of the paranormal even though he tried half heartedly.... Shows over.
highflyertoo

Postby skeprogue » 27 Jul 2009, 18:30

highflyertoo wrote:Yes , I claimed the Statue would move in the future after I obatain certain qualities. So what does that have to do with this thread. Are you spamming or whinging ? Now how about you take Pyrrho's advice for once :mrgreen:

Neither, just pointing out you inability to answer straightforward questions about claims that you have made, and offering those claims as evidence of your delusional state. That is the same delusional state, IMO, that compels you to continually post lies.

The Library has been open for more than six months -- when are you going to be demonstrating that telekinesis? And what about your claims that certain passages in the Bible refer to you?
skeprogue

Postby highflyertoo » 27 Jul 2009, 20:25

skeprogue wrote:When has Randi ever told the people to trust him?

highflyertoo wrote:Yes , I claimed the Statue would move in the future after I obatain certain qualities. So what does that have to do with this thread. Are you spamming or whinging ? Now how about you take Pyrrho's advice for once :mrgreen:

Neither, just pointing out you inability to answer straightforward questions about claims that you have made, and offering those claims as evidence of your delusional state. That is the same delusional state, IMO, that compels you to continually post lies.

The Library has been open for more than six months -- when are you going to be demonstrating that telekinesis? And what about your claims that certain passages in the Bible refer to you?

In time it will happen.
highflyertoo

Postby skeprogue » 27 Jul 2009, 21:05

The Library has been open for more than six months -- when are you going to be demonstrating that telekinesis? And what about your claims that certain passages in the Bible refer to you?[/quote]

highflyertoo wrote:In time it will happen.

The milestone you offered was "shortly after" the Library opened.

What is your definition of "shortly after?"
skeprogue

Previous

Return to JREF / Randi Challenge