View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

JREF Blackmail Tapes

Discussions about the James Randi Educational Foundation and its Million Dollar Challenge.

Re: JREF Blackmail Tapes

Postby ciscop » 09 Apr 2010, 00:39

hahahahahaha
to start with you never met dai vernon
you are just a name dropper
is getting kind of boring
are you a pathological liar craig?
what are your award winning illusions craig? what did you invented?
im curious..i worked in a magic store in canada and never heard your name.. chances are your inventions are another lie or they are just lame creations.

and like i said earlier
i feel pity to guys like you
i laugh at guys like you
who need the people to remain stupid
i believe you were scared of the masked magician
because you need people to believe that what you do is REAL

and nope.. i dont do table hopping, althought i did when i started when i was a teenager, i hate table hopping, like i said i do a parlor show now.. just one show and people get to laugh at my jokes which is awesome, is an amazing feeling that youll never get since you arent funny. :lol:
but i consider myself a pro since i get to paidmy bills when i lived in france, canada and peru only by doing magic
(not easy to put a psychologyst office in those countries if you didnt go to school there)
:lol:
and yeah, i might not be a full time pro, but i live in mexico
full time profesional magicians here are starving, i rather live in a nice house and get to have vacations and use my career (which i know you dont have) than to starve!!
all your knowledge can be acquire thru magic dvds and new age shops and some pdfs that you can get online,
i dont know why you are so proud of what you know, is worthless.

so yeah.. i am a cynic.. and yes, you still are still a bullshit artist
at least i get to paid my bills in an honest way and i get to help people in an honest way
not lying to them with symbols, and occult language and stupidness
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby Azrael » 09 Apr 2010, 01:48

Craig Browning tehre ar eno genuine psychics, I have investigated many,in spirtualist churches and in theatre shows. Time and again you avoid the pertinet questions. Name one genuine psychic,even if its just your opinion.

Then show me which individual/s succesfully passed preliminary challenge for MDC. I can find no where with any proof.But of course Randi will have paid the FBi to erase th einfo from the internet!! Doesnt seem to have strecthed to this thread yet. :lol:
I'm always very skeptical of any situation where someone's notability hinges on their connection to another notable person
Azrael

Postby NucleicAcid » 09 Apr 2010, 08:29

I never knew you were a psychologist, Ciscop. Where did you graduate from? What did you do your thesis on?
Hey, you there. Yes, you. Read more journal articles.

If what I say sounds like the teacher from Charlie Brown (Wah wahh woohh wuh waah), then you should try college. It's fun, and only costs you your soul and several tens of thousands of dollars. :)

“I agree that by the standards of any other area of science that remote viewing is proven“ - Richard Wiseman

Let's make directional hypotheses, test them repeatedly, replicate experiments, and publish results! Yay, science!
NucleicAcid

Postby ciscop » 09 Apr 2010, 08:41

NucleicAcid wrote:I never knew you were a psychologist, Ciscop. Where did you graduate from? What did you do your thesis on?

Why you need to know?
:lol:

I have degrees from University of british columbia, Canada, Universite de Nantes en France, Universidad autonoma nacional de mexico and ITESM

That´s all you will get from me
:D

my thesis wasnt that much exciting it was
in The Psychology of colors in marketing and graphic design for impact in.. whatever whatever whatever (a long title)
pretty standard and boring, now that i think about it.. it was
filled with bullshit hypothesis by subjective thinkers..
not much science there, psychology is a soft science (or not a science at all depending on the author)
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby Craig Browning » 09 Apr 2010, 23:13

ciscop wrote:hahahahahaha
to start with you never met dai vernon

Excuse me?!

I was an active on location member of the Magic Castle in the early 80s and intereacted with the Professor, Larry Jennings, and numerous other NIGHTLY so you might want to get your facts straight before you shoot off your mouth.

As to my contributions to this craft Shadow Vision is one of the better known pieces I co-developed with Ken Whitaker. He and I also developed the See Thru Step Loader and a series of versatile Utility Base systems. I likewise developed the water fountain penetration using Ken's original Impalement unit (which was a big water fountain).

and nope.. i dont do table hopping, althought i did when i started when i was a teenager, i hate table hopping, like i said i do a parlor show now.. just one show and people get to laugh at my jokes which is awesome, is an amazing feeling that youll never get since you arent funny. :lol:
but i consider myself a pro since i get to paidmy bills when i lived in france, canada and peru only by doing magic (not easy to put a psychologyst office in those countries if you didnt go to school there) :lol: and yeah, i might not be a full time pro, but i live in mexico full time profesional magicians here are starving, i rather live in a nice house and get to have vacations and use my career (which i know you dont have) than to starve!!

all your knowledge can be acquire thru magic dvds and new age shops and some pdfs that you can get online, i dont know why you are so proud of what you know, is worthless.

You are soooo far out of touch and in extreme denial. I hitch-hiked across Europe in my youth as well, making ends meet by doing sidewalk bits... I'm not impressed.

My resume includes working as a technical advisor to the Sigfried & Roy show, Spellbound, and several minor Vegas programs as well as miscellaneous consulting bits with "friends" in helping them with their shows... Fell free to ask Dean Hankey, Jouqine Ayala or Franz Harary if you doubt me...

So... if you do a "Parlor" act... from the sound of things you do a typical stand-up "I can't make it as a comic without sight gags" type so you stoop to doing magic gags, sucker tricks, etc. Nothing wrong with that, it can be amusing for folks that don't get out to see the "real" magicians work out there, but it is stereo-typical and nothing of exception... when I was doing traditional magic (and not big boxes, mind you) I did two to three sets a night starting with a dinner hour show @ 7ish. The rooms were always full and I was pulling in $1,500.00 or more each night... this was in the late 70s & early 80s and at one point included my working as a magical male stripper... but that's another story :oops:

so yeah.. i am a cynic.. and yes, you still are still a bullshit artist at least i get to paid my bills in an honest way and i get to help people in an honest way not lying to them with symbols, and occult language and stupidness

I do pay my bills in an honest way... fact is I've not done much in way of Readings for over a year and even at that I've not been even remotely "part time" for close to 10 years now due to health problems. I do Readings on request with a handful of folks but nothing even close to enough to do more than buy a meal, maybe. I survive on SSI because of my disabilities.

Your accusations hold not water, only assumptions based on preconceived thinking rather than actual study -- Contempt without Investigation. In short, you haven't a clue as to what you are talking about, you're just spitting up what you've been conditioned to say by others that share your less than educated opinion. You see, ignorance is something we are all guilty of being depending upon the topic. I'm ignorant when it comes to understanding computers while my step-son knows them forwards & backwards... he couldn't tell you how I do the majority of my tricks though. On the other hand Stupidity is a voluntary role we take on when we know that other information around any given subject exists and we refuse to study it out of fear that it could sway our opinion of something and how we process any in-put pertaining to that issue -- everything from political views or human sexuality to how one presents OOTW.

Throughout most of my life I've walked with one foot in the more rational scheme of things while the other trod the world of things spiritual and more fantastic. As best I've been able, I've found ways of marrying the two and I do believe several folks here would agree that I've shone light on some of these areas even they had not before weighed. My goal always being the same -- to EDUCATE people in a manner that doesn't belittle them, insult them or make them feel like idiots... such is how folks like yourself approach things and end up creating far more resistance -- a refusal to listen or consider an alternative point of view when it comes to the surreal, even to the point of having the faith-filled dig their heels in a bit deeper and become that much more determined to hold on to their points of view, allowing not so much as a single crack in their view via which someone like myself, can shine some light.

I have stated very directly what I believe "Psychic" means and why I use that term in my marketing. You have chosen to ignore that fact time and again, falling back on misguided assumptions based on nothing... you think someone is one way and that's the only way it can be, in your head. But just as you don't have all the facts about my world and my views (or what I do as a Reader) you don't have ANY facts as to who I am, who I know and what I've done in life. However, I can prove my life out... I wont, I refuse to cow down to any bullies but especially magicians that want to play the prove it to me game. It's a waste of time and exceptionally childish... but hey, you're the one with the college degree you already know this stuff, right? :roll:

I far from being a saint, but the one thing I always strive to be is honest and respectful of others even when I don't believe the way they do. As best I'm able I will stand up for the underdog and victims of the world, especially when I smell a predator in the mix. IN all of your name calling and slander I've yet to see you reveal where you have done the same, especially when it comes to genuine psychic fraud and those that prey on the public... that's ok, it's quite typical of people with your mind set... it likewise sustains the fact that you don't know diddly about this stuff outside what you have been told to believe and embrace... you're simply too chicken shit to actually study it and learn about it in a way that demands you to use the other side of your brain... that side of yourself that you fear. . . it might make you look silly and out of control, after all. :twisted:

Sorry... you will not win when it comes to trying to sell me short in the world of magic. I'm in the history books and though I have lived a very tortured life within it, you would be hard pressed to not find persons that are contemporary to me that don't trust me when it comes to their shows, equipment, secrets and ability to create, resolve issues, etc. Even those that "loathe" me, know that I know my stuff and it's not information you find in books or DVDs, it's all hands-on bust your butt experience that spans nearly four decades now.

Here's one for you, given your vast wealth of knowledge that came from working in a magic shop :roll:

The Thurston Sawing in Half... what was it's real secret? What made it so impossible? How was it made?

Blackstone's (Sr) Girl Production Routine in which he produced 12 young ladies from two small "cages"... what was the name of that effect and why was the Blackstone version so different from the Thayer version put on the market?

What was the effect behind Thurston's Tamboret Table?

These are just a few of the props I've physically worked with. I can assure you that even the famed THURSTON bio book is incomplete when it comes to these details as is the Blackstone book and deliberately so. But I'll give you a couple of easier ones...

For whom was the first Thin Model Sawing in Half made and who were the three key consultants that aided Carl Owen in its development?

What's the difference between a Thin Model Sawing made by Owen, vs. John Gaughan, vs. Bill Smith vs. Abbotts vs. Chalet? Can you tell at a glance who made which unit if you saw them lined up side by side? If you only saw the inside of the cabinet, can you identify the builder?

Again, this is stuff not in books or DVDs and only a very small handful of people in the magic world have that level of knowledge... I'm one of them! It is something you must be on location and working with the equipment in order to know it. That's it!

The Moral of the Story is, in this case, mine is much bigger than yours. When it comes to magic you'll be hard pressed to trump me in that it's been a prime part of my life since 1963 -- "professionally" since the early 70s. So please curb your banter and assumptions in that your rhetoric is making you look rather foolish at this point. ;)
Craig Browning

Postby Azrael » 10 Apr 2010, 01:56

Oh to hell with Craig Brownings long drawn ou tposts and no answers(a la Professor) Im starting a thread for him.
I'm always very skeptical of any situation where someone's notability hinges on their connection to another notable person
Azrael

Postby Azrael » 10 Apr 2010, 01:56

Oh to hell with Craig Brownings long drawn ou tposts and no answers(a la Professor) Im starting a thread for him.
Azrael

Postby Craig Browning » 10 Apr 2010, 22:31

Of course you'd say such a thing... doubt you can answer those questions either.

BTW... "investigating" something means that you walk into the situation without a preconceived assumption in mind, willing to following the bread crumbs wherever they lead. Admittedly, in the psychic world most trails lead us to two specific types; the sincere individual who is unwittingly leaning on a form of what some might call "cold reading" and then the minority; those that are deliberate, underhanded con artist. But this latter element is in fact THE MINORITY and not the constant. There is likewise a second leg to the bread crumb trail... this too is a minority and from what I've encountered over the past 30ish years studying and working side by side with these people is that between 3-5% exhibit abilities that go well outside "the norm"... Do note that I'm not saying hands-down that they are "Psychics" only that they do fit the niche and should be looked at as being an exception to the previous "rules" and given a broader sense of consideration.

The problem is, cynics refuse to walk in on any kind of investigation associated with the paranormal without having their minds made up. They are constantly looking for proof of fraud and will use ANYTHING as that "proof", most typically falling back on the same stock "explanations" they've been using for generations (word for word)... I'm still waiting for proof that they are intelligently investigating each case within realistic parameters and free of presupposed "facts" in play. Until they start delivering such results what they have to say can only be chalked up as being biased opinion and assumption vs. the sort of conclusion a real like SKEPTIC would more likely conclude.

CSICOP nor Azriel seem willing to accept the explanations I've given when it comes to my perspectives on what "Psychic" means... neither of them seem capable or willing to discuss the fact that I have and do assist in exposing Psychic Predators rather than ranting and puffing myself up on line by chanting the same Cynical Rhetoric we've heard for decades... neither of them seem capable of doing much more than sling mud in my direction, complain about my lengthy posts (that they refuse to actually READ it would seem) and based on purest assumption (imagine that) condemn me... doing so without considering one single FACT I've expressed.

I really feel sorry for such self-important hemorrhoids :roll:
Craig Browning

Postby ciscop » 17 Apr 2010, 05:57

how´s it ok to call someone an hemorroid??

just asking
i feel pity for old magicians turned into scam artists
ciscop

Postby Azrael » 17 Apr 2010, 08:25

Well Magic Talk is dead now,no offer of $20,000 to "guarantee" its survival by Callahan. Seems when the chips are down Jim is all hot air. He sat back and watched a forum he was so vocal about(even had his own sub forum)go down the drain. Well done Jim seems you are the hypocrite you always called others. :roll:

On a brighter note its the end to his and Slim's spin and nonsense about paranormal.
Azrael

Postby ciscop » 17 Apr 2010, 11:03

what you mean?
dave koenig wont stop
even thought he has humilliated himself many times now
he will never stop

he is like Sean Astin in Rudy
the only difference is that nobody is supporting him...
besides the voices in his head
ciscop

Postby The Professor » 21 Apr 2010, 03:40

The Professor wrote:I believe that everyone should have the information needed to make an informed decision on what actually happened.

I myself have come to the conclusion that there was no Blackmail and that the word was used to Spin the Truth. (No court case has ever proven any Blackmail)

Someone posted these tapes on the net.

When played in court the Judge made the Jurors wear headphones! (That Bad)

These tapes are not for the faint of heart and should not be listened to by non-adults!!!!! Rated XXX

However, I'm glad that the HOAX is out.

I appreciate whoever posted these so we can all make up our own minds without outside interference.

http://www.uploadpedia.com/3015K1KO9LHD ... i-zip.html

I would like to hear any explanations that anyone would like to offer after examining the truth.

Back to the question at hand. Now that randi is on a confession roll, will he own up to these?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSED TO TEST FOR A MILLION DOLLARS
The Professor

Postby EnfieldWasLegit » 24 May 2010, 23:05

What happened to the recordings? They seem to have been removed.
EnfieldWasLegit

Postby ciscop » 25 May 2010, 00:24

EnfieldWasLegit wrote:What happened to the recordings? They seem to have been removed.

mm... welcome to the forum?
ciscop

Postby EnfieldWasLegit » 25 May 2010, 00:41

Thanks. :lol: There's 39 pages here, forgive me if I didn't see the post where the removal of the recordings has already been discussed- I'm working up to it. And that dog with the human face creeped me out (reference to your avatar)!
EnfieldWasLegit

PreviousNext

Return to JREF / Randi Challenge