[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Succesful applicant passes JREF prelimanary : JREF / Randi Challenge • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Succesful applicant passes JREF prelimanary

Discussions about the James Randi Educational Foundation and its Million Dollar Challenge.

Succesful applicant passes JREF prelimanary

Postby Azrael » 10 Apr 2010, 02:11

..............according to Craig Browning.

He has repeatedly stated on numerous forums(i'll find the links later)that the JREF had an individual/s who passed the prelimnary challenge for the MDC. When asked for proof of this his reply is "Go find it yourself im not doing your research". Rather childish dont you think? WHy mention it as some kind of fact and revelation of JREF wrongdoing if no evidence is to be offered?
Personally I think it's a lie, a fantasy even. So this thread is here for any lurkers who can back up Browning's fantasy or for Craig to do so himself.

Lets be real here: to all the Randi haters this is gold dust, proof the challenge is a fraud, that they are liars etc. Why would Craig keep this info to himself?! :o
I'm always very skeptical of any situation where someone's notability hinges on their connection to another notable person
Azrael

Re: Succesful applicant passes JREF prelimanary

Postby Nostradamus » 10 Apr 2010, 02:17

There was the kidney vision young lady that tested. Oh, that's right she failed to pass the preliminary. She tried. That's what's important. She believed she could do it and she tried. She found it reasonable to agree to a protocol. She attended the session at her own expense I might add. She did that because she believed in herself. I am stating names here on purpose so that people do not think I mean them, but HF2 and the professor did not try. It is my belief that they did not believe they could do it. They knew they were fakes while this kidney vision person believed in themselves and tested.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby Craig Browning » 10 Apr 2010, 22:54

Craig Browning

Postby Azrael » 11 Apr 2010, 02:44

I'm always very skeptical of any situation where someone's notability hinges on their connection to another notable person
Azrael

Postby Eteponge » 11 Apr 2010, 05:26

"I think Eteponge's Blog is a pretty cool guy. eh debates Skeptics and doesnt afraid of anything."
Eteponge

Postby Nostradamus » 11 Apr 2010, 06:32

Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 11 Apr 2010, 09:14

Isn't the yellow bamboo test the one in which the guy was supposed to be able to stop someone running at him without touching. This test was done on a beach in the evening or at night. As I recall the guy running was suddenly surprised to see that a number of the YBs ran with him towards the target and he fell. Wasn't there a strong suggestion that one of the runners used a taser on the runner?
Nostradamus

Postby Craig Browning » 11 Apr 2010, 22:59

Craig Browning

Postby Azrael » 12 Apr 2010, 00:59

Poor Craig,just cant bear that skeptics crush his fantasies. Or maybe you were rejected by Randi for a sucking up session? You seem to know so much about it.

Oh btw the challenge wasn't introduced on April 1st.
Azrael

Postby Nostradamus » 12 Apr 2010, 06:25

Actually Craig the person that fell twitched in a manner consistent with someone that had been shocked.

The interesting thing is that a Yellow Bamboo master has been recorded on video being knocked down every single time. He was unable to deflect the attacker even once. Not once. Not a single time was he even able to defend against the attacker. The YB was knocked down 100% of the time.
Nostradamus

Postby NucleicAcid » 12 Apr 2010, 09:44

Hey, you there. Yes, you.

If what I say sounds like the teacher from Charlie Brown (Wah wahh woohh wuh waah), then you should try college. It's fun, and only costs you your soul and several tens of thousands of dollars. :)

“I agree that by the standards of any other area of science that remote viewing is proven“ - Richard Wiseman

Let's make directional hypotheses, test them repeatedly, replicate experiments, and publish results! Yay, science!
NucleicAcid

Postby Nostradamus » 12 Apr 2010, 09:55

So NA other than pointing out a possible coincidence what does this have to do with a candidate being denied the MDC test?
Nostradamus

Postby NucleicAcid » 12 Apr 2010, 12:15

Not a coincidence, merely a bit of clarifying information.

I think the test is a little sketchy from details I've read (I haven't seen the actual video), but I believe it is what was agreed to by both parties. It is at best, a miscommunication, and deserves another prelim test at least. At worst, it's someone passing the prelim test by agreed upon conditions and Randi denying the validity of it post-hoc. It does not instill in me confidence that even if paranormal abilities were demonstrated directly in front of Randi, that he would shell out. You can't decide after the fact, after the rules are agreed upon, "Oh, you shouldn't have been allowed to do this one thing." He's the damn magician, he should have the foresight to have in print at the start of every test exactly what the required conditions are (ostensibly what he does, this incident casts doubt on it), and if those conditions are met, then that counts as a success. From Kramer's terms posted on the JREF forum, I can't see how the application did not fit the letter of the rules. The rep attacked and was knocked to the ground without being touched. Obviously it wouldn't count if they shot the rep or something silly, but they can't go claiming invisible tasers without any proof. I'd have to see the video myself really.

Here is a bit of Kramer's (one of Randi's coordinators) slime ()

As something a father would say to a smarmy teenager, "I don't like your tone." If he isn't guilty of bait-and-switch, he's at least guilty of being seriously unprofessional and all around jerkoff.

I did see the videos by the Australian Skeptics, not too much to see, the attacker was able to tackle the Yellow Bamboo practitioner. I don't know much about the specifics of the YB art, but I have seen some Tai Chi and Dim Mak stuff in which the assailant (always is a student of the art) will attack the master, and the master will use "energy" to deflect them, and they do this rather strange flail backwards that looks rather psychological. It is possible this is a similar situation, there was no ability and during the AS test they failed to deliver, but I don't know enough about the situation to make that call. But I wouldn't be a true believer if I didn't also say there was the possibility that the mental intention of the attacker negated the mental intention of the martial artist. ;)
Hey, you there. Yes, you.

If what I say sounds like the teacher from Charlie Brown (Wah wahh woohh wuh waah), then you should try college. It's fun, and only costs you your soul and several tens of thousands of dollars. :)

“I agree that by the standards of any other area of science that remote viewing is proven“ - Richard Wiseman

Let's make directional hypotheses, test them repeatedly, replicate experiments, and publish results! Yay, science!
NucleicAcid

Postby Nostradamus » 12 Apr 2010, 20:31

Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 12 Apr 2010, 20:36

Nostradamus

Next

Return to JREF / Randi Challenge