View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Change of Mods required for free speech

Discussions about the James Randi Educational Foundation and its Million Dollar Challenge.

Re: Change of Mods required for free speech

Postby Nostradamus » 31 Mar 2010, 00:15

I suggest we put up a poll for all members and interested visitors to vote for or against making HF2 a moderator. Because that's how we do things in the free world.


This is not a free world Kevin. It's the forum owners world.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
User avatar
Nostradamus
 
Posts: 1761
Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 14:08






Re: Change of Mods required for free speech

Postby NinjaPuppy » 31 Mar 2010, 05:48

Kevin Kane wrote:I suggest we put up a poll for all members and interested visitors to vote for or against making HF2 a moderator. Because that's how we do things in the free world.

HF2 has been permanantly banned from this forum.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Change of Mods required for free speech

Postby Kevin Kane » 31 Mar 2010, 06:21

Democratic governance is the primary form of government for the planet Earth. I really don't see a problem with it, do you?

This forum should be about supporting paranormals and anti-skeptics, not banning them. I'm certain that HF2 will be a better moderator than current moderators. And I'm certain that this community will benefit and prosper with better moderation.

Allow the vote.
User avatar
Kevin Kane
 
Posts: 377
Joined: 17 Jan 2010, 01:18

Re: Change of Mods required for free speech

Postby ciscop » 31 Mar 2010, 06:33

Kevin Kane wrote:Democratic governance is the primary form of government for the planet Earth. I really don't see a problem with it, do you?

This forum should be about supporting paranormals and anti-skeptics, not banning them. I'm certain that HF2 will be a better moderator than current moderators. And I'm certain that this community will benefit and prosper with better moderation.

Allow the vote.


dude... kevin
do you realize that HF2 was in a mental institution? and that´s a known fact, HF2 talked about it, he fights statues with his mental powers!
still, you hate skeptics so much that you rather have a maniac than somebody that uses the tools of crithical thinking..
that so... incredibly funny..

hf2 is a nut
but how do we call people that support a nut?
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
User avatar
ciscop
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: 22 Jul 2009, 12:04

Re: Change of Mods required for free speech

Postby NinjaPuppy » 31 Mar 2010, 06:55

Kevin Kane wrote:Democratic governance is the primary form of government for the planet Earth. I really don't see a problem with it, do you?

This forum should be about supporting paranormals and anti-skeptics, not banning them. I'm certain that HF2 will be a better moderator than current moderators. And I'm certain that this community will benefit and prosper with better moderation.

Allow the vote.

From the Home Page of this Forum:

Welcome to SCEPCOP - The Scientific Committee to Evaluate Pseudo-Skeptical Criticism of the Paranormal
SCEPCOP is the 1st Coalition of Paranormal Researchers, Investigators, Writers and Intellectuals united to counter and expose the PseudoSkepticism movement for their fallacies, religious fanaticism, unscientific behavior, misinformation, denial, suppression, bigotry and ridicule toward all data, experience or science that challenges orthodoxy or does not fit into a materialistic reductionist paradigm. We do not support every quack claim out there, but advocate true skepticism, proper application of the Scientific Method, objectivity and unbiased open inquiry toward all paranormal and unconventional data, experience and science. We are the world's first counter-pseudoskeptic movement providing resources, articles, books, videos and an online community.

We support the true application of the Scientific Method, which involves the updating of one's hypothesis to the fit the data, rather than rejecting any and all data that doesn't fit into an "a priori" hypothesis, which the PseudoSkeptics do, which is totally unscientific and the antithesis of the Scientific Method.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Change of Mods required for free speech

Postby Nostradamus » 31 Mar 2010, 06:58

Democratic governance is the primary form of government for the planet Earth.

Name a country using a democratic government. Hint: the US is a republic.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
User avatar
Nostradamus
 
Posts: 1761
Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 14:08

Re: Change of Mods required for free speech

Postby Kevin Kane » 31 Mar 2010, 10:23

I'm not asking for ownership of the board. Nor am I asking for current moderators to be removed or even voted up or down. I'm asking for fair and unbiased moderation and protection from irresponsible moderators.

I don't have a problem with HF2. He didn't stalk, harass, confront and insult me .. as Nostradamus always does. His opinions of gays are his opinions, and protected free speech in most parts of the world. But I didn't sense the type of malevolent homophobic behavior (ie..stalking, harassing, insulting, confronting) from HF2 that I sense from other members of this board.
User avatar
Kevin Kane
 
Posts: 377
Joined: 17 Jan 2010, 01:18

Re: Change of Mods required for free speech

Postby Nostradamus » 31 Mar 2010, 11:35

I do confront you. That's what a discussion is all about isn't it. You are free to challenge my posts. I made all sorts of posts about things I believe in and things I do not believe in. I make posts about serious issues and humorous issues.

But I didn't sense the type of malevolent homophobic behavior (ie..stalking, harassing, insulting, confronting) from HF2 that I sense from other members of this board.

Please tell us which members you believe to have posted malevolent homophobic comments. Here are quotes from a member of this forum and a permanently banned member.

Kevin Kane said
He's gay ... and a cyborg? If you screw someone with an artificial dick, is it really sex or just lego?

James Randi .. Drama QUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!

So now James Randi and his Raging Randroids at JREF are going to use the homophobia excuse for people who think he's a douchebag?

The list of closeted self-hating gays is very long .. Randi was one of them.


HF2 said
Randi obviously preys on young confused male youths as mentioned in the Blackmail Tapes.

Dislike and hatred of homosexual practices? Yes.

Are Skeptics homosexuals?Is that what Randi's Robots are trying to say. Are you Nostradamus a Closet Queen to?

Now God FORBIDS homo's. So this means the Skeptic Homosexuals view me and people who believe in God's Existence as the ''ENEMY''.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
User avatar
Nostradamus
 
Posts: 1761
Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 14:08

Re: Change of Mods required for free speech

Postby Kevin Kane » 31 Mar 2010, 16:07

Ever hear the phrase "actions speak louder than words". I am calling Nostradamus a homophobe. As someone with 35 years of experience personally and professionally with the subject, I am qualified to make this judgement.

Ninja Puppy has also shown nothing but bias, bigotry and intolerance towards me since day 1, with her constant warnings, threats, censorship, deleting, locking, banning, passive-aggressive remarks, and worst of all .. letting skeptics moderate and lock threads.

Ninja Puppy should do the honorable thing and resign.
User avatar
Kevin Kane
 
Posts: 377
Joined: 17 Jan 2010, 01:18

Re: Change of Mods required for free speech

Postby Nostradamus » 31 Mar 2010, 18:40

I am calling Nostradamus a homophobe. As someone with 35 years of experience personally and professionally with the subject, I am qualified to make this judgement.[sic]


So you have no evidence and you make another unsubstantiated claim. No surprise there Kevin. What we do see from Kevin is venom and vitriol displayed. Kevin supports hatred and homophobia. I'd say your actions speak as loud as your words.

Kevin you should do the honorable thing and post interesting and positive information to this forum. Stop and the whining and complaining and act your age. You claim to be at least 35 years of age. Get on with your life.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
User avatar
Nostradamus
 
Posts: 1761
Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 14:08

Re: Change of Mods required for free speech

Postby NinjaPuppy » 31 Mar 2010, 20:19

Kevin Kane wrote:Ever hear the phrase "actions speak louder than words". I am calling Nostradamus a homophobe. As someone with 35 years of experience personally and professionally with the subject, I am qualified to make this judgement.

Ninja Puppy has also shown nothing but bias, bigotry and intolerance towards me since day 1, with her constant warnings, threats, censorship, deleting, locking, banning, passive-aggressive remarks, and worst of all .. letting skeptics moderate and lock threads.

Ninja Puppy should do the honorable thing and resign.

Sorry but that's not going to happen Kevin. You have tried to bait me into some sort of argument with you for quite some time now and that's also not going to happen.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Change of Mods required for free speech

Postby Craig Browning » 31 Mar 2010, 20:54

I think I need to point something out here... especially given that I am an out of the proverbial broom closet "fag" (as some would say)... I've not felt one single bit of homophobia on this forum except from Kevin (don't think I interacted too much with the other)... not directed at me specifically but as a generalization. I can also assure you that gay's aren't typically "self-hating" though some can have issues because of familial persecution & rejection (especially throughout that wonderful Bible Belt region of the U.S.)

I've seen this sort of bigotry up close, in my own family on many levels. I've seen even uglier demonstrations of it in the lives of the many kids I've helped get the counseling, support and resources they needed for getting off the streets and whatever else the case might be... UNDERSTAND, they are on the streets because bigots, like yourself Kevin, breed them and then disown them because of some kind of invented morality that's founded on horse pucky... I say that because you will want to counter with the fickle statement of homosexuality not being "Natural" and "Against Nature" when in fact there are over 1,500 known species outside the primate/humane category known for same sex paring... at least three such species are common barnyard animals including cow and horse... but then maybe it's a choice for them as well and they are choosing to live in sin :roll:

GROW UP and learn what the facts are and stop trying to justify your prejudices. To the rest of you, thanks! I'm enjoying this forum and don't feel the least bit threatened on any front. ;)
User avatar
Craig Browning
 
Posts: 1526
Joined: 13 Feb 2010, 05:20
Location: Northampton, MA

Re: Change of Mods required for free speech

Postby NinjaPuppy » 31 Mar 2010, 21:27

Thanks for that Craig. I have enjoyed all of your insight here. You are a very wise person.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Change of Mods required for free speech

Postby Craig Browning » 01 Apr 2010, 00:13

NinjaPuppy wrote:Thanks for that Craig. I have enjoyed all of your insight here. You are a very wise person.


...and you're a very cute puppy avatar...
User avatar
Craig Browning
 
Posts: 1526
Joined: 13 Feb 2010, 05:20
Location: Northampton, MA

Re: Change of Mods required for free speech

Postby Kevin Kane » 01 Apr 2010, 00:23

Nostradamus wrote:I do confront you. That's what a discussion is all about isn't it. You are free to challenge my posts. I made all sorts of posts about things I believe in and things I do not believe in. I make posts about serious issues and humorous issues.

But I didn't sense the type of malevolent homophobic behavior (ie..stalking, harassing, insulting, confronting) from HF2 that I sense from other members of this board.

Please tell us which members you believe to have posted malevolent homophobic comments. Here are quotes from a member of this forum and a permanently banned member.

Kevin Kane said
He's gay ... and a cyborg? If you screw someone with an artificial dick, is it really sex or just lego?

James Randi .. Drama QUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!

So now James Randi and his Raging Randroids at JREF are going to use the homophobia excuse for people who think he's a douchebag?

The list of closeted self-hating gays is very long .. Randi was one of them.


HF2 said
Randi obviously preys on young confused male youths as mentioned in the Blackmail Tapes.

Dislike and hatred of homosexual practices? Yes.

Are Skeptics homosexuals?Is that what Randi's Robots are trying to say. Are you Nostradamus a Closet Queen to?

Now God FORBIDS homo's. So this means the Skeptic Homosexuals view me and people who believe in God's Existence as the ''ENEMY''.




Let me see if I can summarize Mr Nostradamus' thinking. According to his proposal, his reasoning; people who say certain words and phrases must be homophobes, because gays would NEVER, EVER use such words and phrases. Acting upon this logic, anyone who uses such words and phrases must be a homophobe and should be banned.

Is that a fair summary?

Yet:

1. It's been shown that Nostradamus has a hard time comprehending sarcasm and satire.

2. It's been shown that Nostradamus is a bald-faced liar.

3. It's been shown that Nostradamus is an abusive stalker and troll.

Should we review the evidence for these facs, Nostradamus?
User avatar
Kevin Kane
 
Posts: 377
Joined: 17 Jan 2010, 01:18

PreviousNext

Return to JREF / Randi Challenge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest