View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Change of Mods required for free speech

Discussions about the James Randi Educational Foundation and its Million Dollar Challenge.

Re: Change of Mods required for free speech

Postby NucleicAcid » 28 Mar 2010, 13:34

Craig Browning wrote:It's those damned Internet Gremlins... no one wants to believe me but I know they're real! :twisted:

The gist of my post was that someone needed to get his homophobia in check; when you are surrounded by persons with a high level of intellect/scholastic interest as well as things theatrical you're going to be pretty much surrounded by gay & bi-sexual individuals. If that makes on uncomfortable there are numerous reasons as to why that might be... I'd start with perspectives offered by Freud, Jung and maybe even Erikson. :roll:

I wish I could remember it all but hey, with me I'm lucky to remember my name half the time :?

Win. :D
Hey, you there. Yes, you. Read more journal articles.

If what I say sounds like the teacher from Charlie Brown (Wah wahh woohh wuh waah), then you should try college. It's fun, and only costs you your soul and several tens of thousands of dollars. :)

“I agree that by the standards of any other area of science that remote viewing is proven“ - Richard Wiseman

Let's make directional hypotheses, test them repeatedly, replicate experiments, and publish results! Yay, science!
NucleicAcid

Postby really? » 29 Mar 2010, 05:45

My 2 cents. I feel that Hf2 posts should be save and used as an example to warn future members what is and is not appropriate conduct and speech on this forum. In that way Hf2 will serve a useful purpose.
really?

Postby Kevin Kane » 29 Mar 2010, 14:17

Eteponge wrote:The problem here, is that you continually use "homo" insult slurs and the like, and rather than making VALID arguments against Randi.

I wrote a very eloquent and researched criticism of James Randi.

But it was immediately deleted by the moderators.

And then I wrote an original art work parody of Carl Sagan .. certainly free speech stuff.

But it was immediately locked by moderators.
Kevin Kane

Postby Eteponge » 29 Mar 2010, 19:58

Kevin Kane wrote:
Eteponge wrote:The problem here, is that you continually use "homo" insult slurs and the like, and rather than making VALID arguments against Randi.

I wrote a very eloquent and researched criticism of James Randi.

But it was immediately deleted by the moderators.

And then I wrote an original art work parody of Carl Sagan .. certainly free speech stuff.

But it was immediately locked by moderators.

It wasn't me. I don't even recall reading those threads.

By the way, I want to see the art work parody of Carl Sagan, PM me with it if it was deleted from the board. :lol:
"I think Eteponge's Blog is a pretty cool guy. eh debates Skeptics and doesnt afraid of anything."
Eteponge

Postby Nostradamus » 29 Mar 2010, 20:05

Kevin you know that the locking of the thread was unrelated to this issue. You have denied and denied your personal responsibility in getting the thread locked. Pretending that you don't know is as I said many, many times is sad, sad, sad.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby NinjaPuppy » 30 Mar 2010, 00:13

Kevin Kane wrote:I wrote a very eloquent and researched criticism of James Randi.

If I am recalling correctly, it was an obituary with a 'death pool' chaser.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Kevin Kane » 30 Mar 2010, 02:21

No, that was another thread. You are incorrect.
Kevin Kane

Postby Kevin Kane » 30 Mar 2010, 03:58

The post that was deleted contained big words .. so you may have not understood it. You seem to have a problem with ANY type of criticism of James Randi .. and Carl Sagan, however articulate, researched, comical or profane the post may be. Why is that?
Kevin Kane

Postby NinjaPuppy » 30 Mar 2010, 04:31

Kevin Kane wrote:The post that was deleted contained big words .. so you may have not understood it. You seem to have a problem with ANY type of criticism of James Randi .. and Carl Sagan, however articulate, researched, comical or profane the post may be. Why is that?

What I have objection to is the profanity and vitrol that never seems to stops with you Kevin.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Kevin Kane » 30 Mar 2010, 05:14

I don't know where you're from .. Iran or China, but in my country (USA) people are allowed to criticize the government, allowed to criticize celebrities and scientists, allowed to use profane language, allowed to used big words too. They are allowed freedom of speech.

Also in my country, people who instigate trouble .. start fights, are always 100% guilty. People who defend themselves are always 100% not guilty.

I realize this is different in Iran, China or North Korea .. whereever you are.
Kevin Kane

Postby NinjaPuppy » 30 Mar 2010, 05:42

Kevin Kane wrote:I don't know where you're from .. Iran or China, but in my country (USA) people are allowed to criticize the government, allowed to criticize celebrities and scientists, allowed to use profane language, allowed to used big words too. They are allowed freedom of speech.

Also in my country, people who instigate trouble .. start fights, are always 100% guilty. People who defend themselves are always 100% not guilty.

I realize this is different in Iran, China or North Korea .. whereever you are.

You have been trying to pick a fight since day one. You refuse to comply with few Forum rules that SCEPCOP has asked. You have tried everything to get me into an argument with you. I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent. When others address you intelligently, you resort to gibberish and nonsense.

This is your last warning. Stop the foul language and the attacks on the other members or I will permanantly ban you.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Nostradamus » 30 Mar 2010, 05:48

So what country are you from? I've never seen a place with such a rule. I would be delighted to learn the country's name.

I would point out that if this this rule were to be applied to you it would mean that homosexuals are 100% NOT guilty. It would be that Randi is 100% NOT guilty. It would mean that Sagan is 100% NOT guilty.
Nostradamus

Postby Kevin Kane » 30 Mar 2010, 23:23

While I certainly do no agree with HighFlyer2's opinions about gays, I have no problem with him expressing his opinions. Especially considering his behavior was artificially antagonized by skeptic members and moderators, and he responded.

In my opinion, HF2 has exhibited indications of experiencing the paranormal. That he is a legitimate member of this board, and that this board should be about supporting, discussing, tolerating, promoting and understanding the paranormal and the antiskeptical.

It is for that reason that I nominate HighFlyer2 to become a moderator of this board.
Kevin Kane

Postby Kevin Kane » 31 Mar 2010, 00:09

I suggest we put up a poll for all members and interested visitors to vote for or against making HF2 a moderator. Because that's how we do things in the free world.
Kevin Kane

Postby Nostradamus » 31 Mar 2010, 00:12

While I certainly do no agree with HighFlyer2's opinions about gays, I have no problem with him expressing his opinions. Especially considering his behavior was artificially antagonized by skeptic members and moderators, and he responded.

I have a problem with the venom he spits. You are right in that HF2 responded. The problem is not that he responded, but how he responded. He violated the rules of the forum (not board - look at the top line) and was repeatedly asked to behave.

Instead of asking for a reinstatement of an individual given numerous opportunities to change their behavior you are asking in essence to change the rules of this forum. Kevin, why don't you start your own forum where you can play boss. It's easy. There are even places that cost nothing although your readers do have to put up with advertisements in exchange for the lack of cost to you.
Nostradamus

PreviousNext

Return to JREF / Randi Challenge