[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Change of Mods required for free speech : JREF / Randi Challenge • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Change of Mods required for free speech

Discussions about the James Randi Educational Foundation and its Million Dollar Challenge.

Change of Mods required for free speech

Postby highflyertoo » 26 Mar 2010, 16:15

Too much onesided censorship favouring homo's
Randi was no researcher of the paranormal even though he tried half heartedly.... Shows over.
highflyertoo

Re: Change of Mods required for free speech

Postby highflyertoo » 26 Mar 2010, 16:23

Randi was no researcher of the paranormal even though he tried half heartedly.... Shows over.
highflyertoo

Postby Eteponge » 26 Mar 2010, 19:42

The problem here, is that you continually use "homo" insult slurs and the like, and rather than making VALID arguments against Randi (such as pointing out flaws in his arguments, or the times he had inaccurately attacked Paranormal Research, etc) you instead make attack arguments against him based upon him being homosexual, which is Ad-Hominem.

That would be like as if rather than someone arguing against Obama's policies and politics directly, etc, they instead made a thread arguing against him because he's black, and continue to use racist slurs against him.

That's the equivalent of what you are doing.

And now you make a "you guys favor homos!" post.

If you had stuck to arguing against Randi's tactics, methods, arguments, etc, that's perfectly fine. Going the "He's a homo!" route as a form of argument is not kosher.

You have also continued to make the same thread again after it was closed down due to it descending into a gay bash fest.

This, and the many prior complaints against you, and your unwillingness to listen to Mods and stop gay bashing and Ad-Hominem, and even calling for a change of Mods because we don't hate homosexuals, make me come to a very logical decision...

Enjoy your ban.

"I think Eteponge's Blog is a pretty cool guy. eh debates Skeptics and doesnt afraid of anything."
Eteponge

Postby Eteponge » 26 Mar 2010, 19:45

I don't think I'm unfair in this decision. Gay bashing has no place here. Making repeat threads dedicated to attacking someone just because they are homosexual has no place here. This place should be about debating based upon one's arguments, research, data, etc, not attacking someone based upon sexual orientation. Am I wrong?

Please, give me your opinions. Either way. I'm open to hearing them.
"I think Eteponge's Blog is a pretty cool guy. eh debates Skeptics and doesnt afraid of anything."
Eteponge

Postby NinjaPuppy » 26 Mar 2010, 19:53

I'm with you Eteponge. HF2 has been warned about this and obviously he has decided to continue this behavior.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Nostradamus » 26 Mar 2010, 20:13

Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby Craig Browning » 26 Mar 2010, 20:20

Where did my post go to this thread :roll:
Craig Browning

Postby NinjaPuppy » 26 Mar 2010, 20:24

NinjaPuppy

Postby Eteponge » 26 Mar 2010, 20:26

Eteponge

Postby NinjaPuppy » 26 Mar 2010, 20:31

Craig has mentioned that he's had a few posts 'glitch' previously where key words have poofed (completely disappeared) from his posts. I've checked the 'Moderator Logs' and it shows no edits or deletions. This Forum will occasionally glitch as it's done it to me on many occasions. I can't seem to find a cause for this problem.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Nostradamus » 26 Mar 2010, 20:37

There is a problem called script injection. It happens when the text people type in is interpreted as containing commands. The goal is to have the program only use user input in ways that it can't be interpreted to mean anything. Unfortunately, it is easy to cut corners in programming and not do that. I wonder if Craig has stumbled on one of these issues.
Nostradamus

Postby NinjaPuppy » 26 Mar 2010, 20:47

Yeah, I had thought about that but I was leaning more toward the "Info Link" causing the problems. I've noticed some posts having a hard time with key words and "Info Link" but of course I'm usually more interested in reading the content rather than trying to see exactly what words or which members seem to be caught up in the problem.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Nostradamus » 26 Mar 2010, 21:04

I just took a look at the page source and saw that the Info Links is not a part of the page, but rather added to the page after it has loaded. That must be done by the JavaScript.
Nostradamus

Postby Craig Browning » 27 Mar 2010, 20:46

It's those damned Internet Gremlins... no one wants to believe me but I know they're real! :twisted:

The gist of my post was that someone needed to get his homophobia in check; when you are surrounded by persons with a high level of intellect/scholastic interest as well as things theatrical you're going to be pretty much surrounded by gay & bi-sexual individuals. If that makes on uncomfortable there are numerous reasons as to why that might be... I'd start with perspectives offered by Freud, Jung and maybe even Erikson. :roll:

I wish I could remember it all but hey, with me I'm lucky to remember my name half the time :?
Craig Browning

Postby ciscop » 27 Mar 2010, 23:08

For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Next

Return to JREF / Randi Challenge