View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

No such thing as a Non Skeptic...JREF says different

Discussions about the James Randi Educational Foundation and its Million Dollar Challenge.

Re: No such thing as a Non Skeptic...JREF says different

Postby Nostradamus » 24 Mar 2010, 10:44

Being a homophobe does not mean being violent.

You clearly posted "Dislike and hatred of homosexual practices? Yes."

I'm not supposing you're going to do anything rash, but you did say hatred,which I suppose fairly easily to mean that you HATE people that are homosexuals. I'm not out of line here int his reasoning am I?

I'm not jumping to the conclusion that you'll use the 4 iron to the cranium trick.

Now corrctme if I am wrong you did say that you felt this way due to religious beliefs. That is right, isn't it? I could be way off the mark, but I thought you were referencing Christianity or some religion using the Old testament. In that case you believe in the god that is a baby killer right?

Help me out here. I don't want to make a mistake.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
User avatar
Nostradamus
 
Posts: 1761
Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 14:08






Re: No such thing as a Non Skeptic...JREF says different

Postby highflyertoo » 24 Mar 2010, 15:11

Nostradamus wrote:Being a homophobe does not mean being violent.

You clearly posted "Dislike and hatred of homosexual practices? Yes."

I'm not supposing you're going to do anything rash, but you did say hatred,which I suppose fairly easily to mean that you HATE people that are homosexuals. I'm not out of line here int his reasoning am I?

I'm not jumping to the conclusion that you'll use the 4 iron to the cranium trick.

Now corrctme if I am wrong you did say that you felt this way due to religious beliefs. That is right, isn't it? I could be way off the mark, but I thought you were referencing Christianity or some religion using the Old testament. In that case you believe in the god that is a baby killer right?

Help me out here. I don't want to make a mistake.


Is God a Nostradamus killer?
Randi was no researcher of the paranormal even though he tried half heartedly.... Shows over.
highflyertoo
 
Posts: 400
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 09:57

Re: No such thing as a Non Skeptic...JREF says different

Postby highflyertoo » 24 Mar 2010, 15:13

Does God kill babies? Answer your own question Nostradamus.
Randi was no researcher of the paranormal even though he tried half heartedly.... Shows over.
highflyertoo
 
Posts: 400
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 09:57

Re: No such thing as a Non Skeptic...JREF says different

Postby Nostradamus » 25 Mar 2010, 01:07

HF2 I did not ask the question you posed. That's a straw man argument.

I could be way off the mark, but I thought you were referencing Christianity or some religion using the Old testament. In that case you believe in the god that is a baby killer right?


So here is my question, which is not either of the questions you posted.

But back to the answer to your quest to get a definition for non-skeptic as used at JREF. Have you contacted them or asked them to change the wording in their welcoming letter?
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
User avatar
Nostradamus
 
Posts: 1761
Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 14:08

Re: No such thing as a Non Skeptic...JREF says different

Postby highflyertoo » 25 Mar 2010, 01:43

Nostradamus wrote:HF2 I did not ask the question you posed. That's a straw man argument.

I could be way off the mark, but I thought you were referencing Christianity or some religion using the Old testament. In that case you believe in the god that is a baby killer right?


So here is my question, which is not either of the questions you posted.

But back to the answer to your quest to get a definition for non-skeptic as used at JREF. Have you contacted them or asked them to change the wording in their welcoming letter?


Do you believe in God's Existence for God to kill babies ?.

There is no such thing a Non-Skeptic yet JREF believes there is. So what's a Non-Skeptic?
Randi was no researcher of the paranormal even though he tried half heartedly.... Shows over.
highflyertoo
 
Posts: 400
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 09:57

Re: No such thing as a Non Skeptic...JREF says different

Postby highflyertoo » 25 Mar 2010, 01:55

I found out what a Non-Skeptic is......Randi was on the phone...... it's someone who doesn't hide in the ?
Randi was no researcher of the paranormal even though he tried half heartedly.... Shows over.
highflyertoo
 
Posts: 400
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 09:57

Re: No such thing as a Non Skeptic...JREF says different

Postby Nostradamus » 25 Mar 2010, 02:18

Do you believe in God's Existence for God to kill babies ?.

There is no such thing a Non-Skeptic yet JREF believes there is. So what's a Non-Skeptic?


Did you mean to say: There is no such thing as a non-skeptic, yet JREF believes there is.

If that is what you meant to say, then you are clearly and obviously are using a definition other than what JREF is using. I supplied a definition a long while back. You seem to be unsatisfied with my answer. So go ask JREF.

Your god question is moot if there is no god. If you believe in a certain god, then you just might be a believer in a baby killer god. But to believe or not believe has no effect on the existence of god. The stories of a certain god clearly describe the wanton and callous decimation of babies. I have no idea if that is the god you claim to believe in. I asked and you never answered. You don't have to answer. That's okay with me.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
User avatar
Nostradamus
 
Posts: 1761
Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 14:08

Re: No such thing as a Non Skeptic...JREF says different

Postby highflyertoo » 25 Mar 2010, 02:33

Nostradamus wrote:
Do you believe in God's Existence for God to kill babies ?.

There is no such thing a Non-Skeptic yet JREF believes there is. So what's a Non-Skeptic?


Did you mean to say: There is no such thing as a non-skeptic, yet JREF believes there is.

If that is what you meant to say, then you are clearly and obviously are using a definition other than what JREF is using. I supplied a definition a long while back. You seem to be unsatisfied with my answer. So go ask JREF.

Your god question is moot if there is no god. If you believe in a certain god, then you just might be a believer in a baby killer god. But to believe or not believe has no effect on the existence of god. The stories of a certain god clearly describe the wanton and callous decimation of babies. I have no idea if that is the god you claim to believe in. I asked and you never answered. You don't have to answer. That's okay with me.


Well,does God exist Nostradamus?......... If you knew that God exists then you would have said so. So no more God questions for you.
Randi was no researcher of the paranormal even though he tried half heartedly.... Shows over.
highflyertoo
 
Posts: 400
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 09:57

Re: No such thing as a Non Skeptic...JREF says different

Postby ProfWag » 25 Mar 2010, 02:52

I have really tried hard to avoid this thread as I just don't understand what the hell HF2 is trying to say, but I'll say this.
There are skeptics and there are non-skeptics. A non-skeptic is someone who is not a skeptic. Can one be skeptical of psychics but a non-skeptic of bigfoot? Sure, here's how. I saw a bigfoot. I also saw a UFO. I believe in both. However, I don't believe that people can read minds as I've never witnessed that event. So, I'm a skeptic of psychics but I am a non-skeptic of bigfeet and UFOs.
Got it?
You say there is no such thing as a non-skeptic, but I'm not sure whre you get that information from.
P.S. For the record, I have never seen a bigfoot, but I have seen flying objects that I couldn't identify at the time. As such, in reality, I'm skeptical of bigfoot and UFOs, I was just using that as an example.
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: No such thing as a Non Skeptic...JREF says different

Postby highflyertoo » 25 Mar 2010, 03:09

ProfWag wrote:I have really tried hard to avoid this thread as I just don't understand what the hell HF2 is trying to say, but I'll say this.
There are skeptics and there are non-skeptics. A non-skeptic is someone who is not a skeptic. Can one be skeptical of psychics but a non-skeptic of bigfoot? Sure, here's how. I saw a bigfoot. I also saw a UFO. I believe in both. However, I don't believe that people can read minds as I've never witnessed that event. So, I'm a skeptic of psychics but I am a non-skeptic of bigfeet and UFOs.
Got it?
You say there is no such thing as a non-skeptic, but I'm not sure whre you get that information from.
P.S. For the record, I have never seen a bigfoot, but I have seen flying objects that I couldn't identify at the time. As such, in reality, I'm skeptical of bigfoot and UFOs, I was just using that as an example.


Everyone is a Skeptic because everyone is Skeptical....
Randi was no researcher of the paranormal even though he tried half heartedly.... Shows over.
highflyertoo
 
Posts: 400
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 09:57

Re: No such thing as a Non Skeptic...JREF says different

Postby ProfWag » 25 Mar 2010, 04:03

highflyertoo wrote:
ProfWag wrote:I have really tried hard to avoid this thread as I just don't understand what the hell HF2 is trying to say, but I'll say this.
There are skeptics and there are non-skeptics. A non-skeptic is someone who is not a skeptic. Can one be skeptical of psychics but a non-skeptic of bigfoot? Sure, here's how. I saw a bigfoot. I also saw a UFO. I believe in both. However, I don't believe that people can read minds as I've never witnessed that event. So, I'm a skeptic of psychics but I am a non-skeptic of bigfeet and UFOs.
Got it?
You say there is no such thing as a non-skeptic, but I'm not sure whre you get that information from.
P.S. For the record, I have never seen a bigfoot, but I have seen flying objects that I couldn't identify at the time. As such, in reality, I'm skeptical of bigfoot and UFOs, I was just using that as an example.


Everyone is a Skeptic because everyone is Skeptical....

Not of certain subjects. Hence, their statement that they offer conversation between skeptics and non-skeptics is accurate. Daz is certainly a non-skeptic when it comes to remote viewing and I believe you are a non-skeptic when it comes to TK. S
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: No such thing as a Non Skeptic...JREF says different

Postby Nostradamus » 25 Mar 2010, 04:05

Everyone is a Skeptic because everyone is Skeptical....

This is not true. Not everyone is skeptical. I know lots of people that are not skeptical.

A definition of skeptical: Relating to or characteristic of skeptics or skepticism.
A definition of skeptic: One who instinctively or habitually doubts, questions, or disagrees with assertions or conclusions without proof.

Just because someone might be skeptical of a claim at some point in their lives does not make them a skeptic. Lots of people take things hook, line, and sinker most of the time. PT Barnum said it well. "There's a Sucker Born Every Minute"

These are my definitions and may not be the same as the ones used at JREF. You'll have to contact them if you are ever interested in doing that.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
User avatar
Nostradamus
 
Posts: 1761
Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 14:08

Re: No such thing as a Non Skeptic...JREF says different

Postby highflyertoo » 25 Mar 2010, 04:14

ProfWag wrote:
highflyertoo wrote:
ProfWag wrote:I have really tried hard to avoid this thread as I just don't understand what the hell HF2 is trying to say, but I'll say this.
There are skeptics and there are non-skeptics. A non-skeptic is someone who is not a skeptic. Can one be skeptical of psychics but a non-skeptic of bigfoot? Sure, here's how. I saw a bigfoot. I also saw a UFO. I believe in both. However, I don't believe that people can read minds as I've never witnessed that event. So, I'm a skeptic of psychics but I am a non-skeptic of bigfeet and UFOs.
Got it?
You say there is no such thing as a non-skeptic, but I'm not sure whre you get that information from.
P.S. For the record, I have never seen a bigfoot, but I have seen flying objects that I couldn't identify at the time. As such, in reality, I'm skeptical of bigfoot and UFOs, I was just using that as an example.


Everyone is a Skeptic because everyone is Skeptical....

Not of certain subjects. Hence, their statement that they offer conversation between skeptics and non-skeptics is accurate. Daz is certainly a non-skeptic when it comes to remote viewing and I believe you are a non-skeptic when it comes to TK. S


So James Randi is a Non-Skeptic now because of certain subjects??
Randi was no researcher of the paranormal even though he tried half heartedly.... Shows over.
highflyertoo
 
Posts: 400
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 09:57

Re: No such thing as a Non Skeptic...JREF says different

Postby highflyertoo » 25 Mar 2010, 11:14

As I said it's impossible to be a Non-Skeptic....

highflyertoo 1

Closet Clones 0
Randi was no researcher of the paranormal even though he tried half heartedly.... Shows over.
highflyertoo
 
Posts: 400
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 09:57

Re: No such thing as a Non Skeptic...JREF says different

Postby highflyertoo » 25 Mar 2010, 11:22

A piece from Wiki about skepticism....''Skepticism is an approach to accepting, rejecting, or suspending judgment on new information that requires the new information to be well supported by argument or evidence.[3] Individuals who proclaim to have a skeptical outlook are frequently called skeptics, often without regard to whether it is philosophical skepticism or empirical skepticism that they profess.[4]'' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skepticism
Randi was no researcher of the paranormal even though he tried half heartedly.... Shows over.
highflyertoo
 
Posts: 400
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 09:57

PreviousNext

Return to JREF / Randi Challenge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests