View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

No such thing as a Non Skeptic...JREF says different

Discussions about the James Randi Educational Foundation and its Million Dollar Challenge.

Re: No such thing as a Non Skeptic...JREF says different

Postby really? » 18 Mar 2010, 22:58

highflyertoo wrote:

The term non-skeptic is used in the letter that Darat the moderator sends to people who have become JREF members ... can you understand this ?

If you were to apply to become a member at JREF then you will ''receive'' a Private Message in your inbox, THE SAME AS I SENT YOU TODAY....... Do you understand this ?......

If you become a member at JREF then you will receive a WELCOMING EMAIL IN YOUR INBOX STATING ABOUT ''Skeptics and Non-Skeptics'', but you must be an approved member before receiving the email from JREF's moderator called Darat........ can you understand this ?

I don't remember receiving an email with the word non-skeptic used. And I don't remember having to be an approved member before receiving an email. I do remember a welcome email / activation email, which appears the standard worldwide so spamming can all but be eliminated.
It's obvious that you got a real love for Randi and all that he stands for. So just be honest and say out loud what your real feelings are.
really?

Postby NinjaPuppy » 19 Mar 2010, 04:08

really? wrote:It's obvious that you got a real love for Randi and all that he stands for. So just be honest and say out loud what your real feelings are.

I think that's exactly what HF2 was hoping someone would say. :lol:
NinjaPuppy

Postby highflyertoo » 19 Mar 2010, 10:55

NinjaPuppy wrote:
highflyertoo wrote:The term non-skeptic is used in the letter that Darat the moderator sends to people who have become JREF members ... can you understand this ?

If you were to apply to become a member at JREF then you will ''receive'' a Private Message in your inbox, THE SAME AS I SENT YOU TODAY....... Do you understand this ?......

If you become a member at JREF then you will receive a WELCOMING EMAIL IN YOUR INBOX STATING ABOUT ''Skeptics and Non-Skeptics'', but you must be an approved member before receiving the email from JREF's moderator called Darat........ can you understand this ?

HF2 - This is NOT the JREF forum. Can you understand THAT? How another forum operates has nothing to do with this forum. Naturally, from time to time members bring over interesting comments but mostly there are only two members here that keep bringing them up. Who gives a rats patootie about their fourm protocol? It does not apply here.

The term ''non-skeptic'' was used in a JREF welcoming letter. That's the issue...... So what is a NON -SKEPTIC?... JREF believe's that anything other than a SKEPTIC is a non-skeptic...... So what is a Non-Skeptic for JREF to think it worthwhile.

Maybe a 'Non-Skeptic'' = Anti-JREF..............

So NinjaPuppy how about you become a member on the JREF and recieve the letter so you can BEHOLD with your own eyes the email letter that uses the term Non-Skeptic...

You NinjaPuppy wouldn't be AFRAID to find out what the OPPOSISTION means by implying the term Non-Skeptic? or have you forgotten what SCEPCOP website is all about ?

And I see that ProfWag ain't too keen to critize the JREF for using the term Non-Skeptic.... Are you a Non-Skeptic ProfWag?
Randi was no researcher of the paranormal even though he tried half heartedly.... Shows over.
highflyertoo

Postby Nostradamus » 19 Mar 2010, 11:01

HF2 you started by being unclear about the problem and for 1 reason or another you are harping on a particular term. Things must be pretty good if that if all that is bothering you.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby highflyertoo » 19 Mar 2010, 11:09

NinjaPuppy wrote:
really? wrote:It's obvious that you got a real love for Randi and all that he stands for. So just be honest and say out loud what your real feelings are.

I think that's exactly what HF2 was hoping someone would say. :lol:

Matthew Ellard doesn't know the word HONEST...... He's no true blue aussie..... Ok, back to reality NinjaPuppy :D
Randi was no researcher of the paranormal even though he tried half heartedly.... Shows over.
highflyertoo

Postby highflyertoo » 19 Mar 2010, 11:19

Nostradamus wrote:HF2 you started by being unclear about the problem and for 1 reason or another you are harping on a particular term. Things must be pretty good if that if all that is bothering you.

Are you a Non-Skeptic? and what is a Non-Skeptic...... Please explain..
highflyertoo

Postby highflyertoo » 19 Mar 2010, 11:30

Nostradamus wrote:HF2 you started by being unclear about the problem and for 1 reason or another you are harping on a particular term. Things must be pretty good if that if all that is bothering you.

The JREF Forum is a place where ''Skeptics and Non-Skeptics'' can discuss.

So what is a Non-Skeptic according to James Randi and his CULT?

Ok girls and boys,James Randi says that a Skeptic is someone who uses rational critical thinking...... So a Non-Skeptic is other than a rational critical thinker.

So the ''purpose and intent'' of the JREF is to tell people who believe in the paranormal that they are delusional and estranged from reality.... In otherwords as Randi said many years ago to his Scientist Friends, they're KOOKS.......
highflyertoo

Postby Nostradamus » 19 Mar 2010, 12:01

HF2 you've gone from an unclear opening post to some very contrived assumptions, especially the kook connection.

A simple solution for you is ask this question over at JREF.
Nostradamus

Postby highflyertoo » 19 Mar 2010, 13:03

Nostradamus wrote:HF2 you've gone from an unclear opening post to some very contrived assumptions, especially the kook connection.

So what is a Non-Skeptic? If you don't know then say ''don't know''.
highflyertoo

Postby highflyertoo » 19 Mar 2010, 13:06

Nostradamus wrote:HF2 you've gone from an unclear opening post to some very contrived assumptions, especially the kook connection.

The opening post was clear.... Letter states ''Non-Skeptic''....... Now stop stalling and answer me the definition of a Non-Skeptic.
highflyertoo

Postby Nostradamus » 19 Mar 2010, 19:57

If I drew a Venn diagram I'd say it was everything that did not have a property of skeptic.
Nostradamus

Postby really? » 20 Mar 2010, 02:59

highflyertoo wrote:

The opening post was clear.... Letter states ''Non-Skeptic''....... Now stop stalling and answer me the definition of a Non-Skeptic.

I never saw this letter and I'm a member of that forum. Why not join the JREF Forum so you may copy the letter and post it here for all to see ?
really?

Postby Nostradamus » 20 Mar 2010, 03:30

I'd like to see that too. I doubt the claims being made here.
Nostradamus

Postby highflyertoo » 22 Mar 2010, 10:59

Nostradamus wrote:I'd like to see that too. I doubt the claims being made here.

I sent you '' a copy'' of the letter in your scepcop member inbox the other day. Yet you were confused ????????

So I've now posted '' a copy '' of the JREF welcome letter in the OPENING POST of this thread......
highflyertoo

Postby really? » 22 Mar 2010, 12:01

Tell you what. I'll post this question over at the JREF. What is a non-skeptic ? just so a wide range of definitions can be made available for you. I may post some of the answers here if not then a link.

Ok I'll bite. A definition of a non-skeptic could include but not limited to
a. someone that does not use critical thinking most of the time.
b. someone that tends to believe strange things beyond a reasonable doubt.

As for your misunderstanding of the words kook and delusional. Both can refer to persons that have lost touch with reality. More generally as skeptics would use the terms they refer to persons that are deluding themselves into believing something is real when reasonable doubt would say otherwise. An example of kookiness or being delusional are persons that persist in believing the Earth is flat.
Flat Earth Society http://theflatearthsociety.org/cms/
really?

PreviousNext

Return to JREF / Randi Challenge