View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Alternative disease

Discussions about Holistic Health and Alternative Medicine.

Alternative disease

Postby Nostradamus » 02 Mar 2010, 11:20

I'm sorry if I offend anyone with this, but I bumped into this text where someone is describing a disease they think they have. Many people will probably recognize it. I have to admit this commentary made me laugh.

My hair just fell out from Chemotherapy. 2 days ago, all at once, with it came the millions of red, blue, black and clear-white fibers and springtail’s, spiders, ants, dog scabies, human or dog lice

At first I thought the post was spammers. It might be. It has been posted in many places.

Anyways the descriptions of the fibers have been embellished with all sorts of animals falling from the head. DOes anyone recall the name for the mania of believing that animals are living inside of you?
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Re: Alternative disease

Postby NinjaPuppy » 03 Mar 2010, 00:59

I recall a website dedicated to this as well as it being in a TV documentary. I'll google.
NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 03 Mar 2010, 01:01

Morgellons Disease - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgellons

That's terminology that our 'no planers' used quite often, isn't it?
NinjaPuppy

Postby Nostradamus » 03 Mar 2010, 01:03

Normally a person claiming Morgellons disease says there are fibers of various colors popping out of their bodies. This person, if they are real, has the added claim of all sorts of creepy crawlies living under the skin. People with this condition often do themselves great harm as they at their skin to release the things inside. There is a name for the condition and for the life of me I could not find the name of this phobia.
Nostradamus

Postby NinjaPuppy » 03 Mar 2010, 01:21

From the Mayo Clinic: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/morgel ... se/sn00043

What are the signs and symptoms of Morgellons disease?

People who have Morgellons disease report the following signs and symptoms:

■Skin rashes or sores that can cause intense itching
■Crawling sensations on and under the skin, often compared to insects moving, stinging or biting
■Fibers, threads or black stringy material in and on the skin
■Severe fatigue
■Inability to concentrate and short-term memory loss
■Behavioral changes
■Joint pain
■Vision changes

Morgellons disease shares characteristics with various recognized conditions, including Lyme disease, liver or kidney disease, schizophrenia, drug or alcohol abuse, and a mental illness involving false beliefs about infestation by parasites (delusional parasitosis).

I find the the bullet point reported symptoms to be very interesting. Minus the "fibers, threads or black stringy material in and on the skin", and the "skin rashes or sores that can cause intense itching", I personally have all of the above. It's from having lyme disease before much was known about it. I did have the 'bullseye rash' before treatment and that was a real head trip. Before any visible skin changes, the area would itch like a mofo and once visible felt like you could cook an egg on the heat generated from the center. The remaining symptoms have been diagnosed as 'post lyme syndrome'.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Nostradamus » 03 Mar 2010, 01:28

Right and this person took that sensation and visualized a manifestation of these crawlies. The story claims that actual critters erupt from the scalp and fell out. Also, there is the claim that 2 types of critters were ones infesting dogs.
Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 03 Mar 2010, 01:30

Did you suffer joint damage from Lyme's before you were treated?
Nostradamus

Postby NinjaPuppy » 03 Mar 2010, 01:34

Nostradamus wrote:Did you suffer joint damage from Lyme's before you were treated?

Before proper diagnosis I was at a point where I could no longer walk, talk or see. Not due to anything physical, it was all neurological.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Nostradamus » 03 Mar 2010, 01:42

Ouch. Nasty. Today the test is expensive and has a high error rate, while the cure is cheap and relatively harmless. So the cure gets prescribed even though no tests are done. With the threat of such a nasty outcome if the disease is left untreated I can see why the cure is doled out so readily.
Nostradamus

Postby NinjaPuppy » 03 Mar 2010, 01:59

Nostradamus wrote:Ouch. Nasty. Today the test is expensive and has a high error rate, while the cure is cheap and relatively harmless. So the cure gets prescribed even though no tests are done. With the threat of such a nasty outcome if the disease is left untreated I can see why the cure is doled out so readily.

I agree with that. Time is of the essence with that disease.
NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 03 Mar 2010, 02:11

Now morgellons is a whole 'nuther story. I knew I ran across it at some point due to the connection with Lyme. If I recall correctly at the time there were some 40,000 people claiming the morgellons symptoms.

Having gone through a somewhat similar situation with symptoms that were not known to doctors at the time, I can understand their plight. I can also understand that a good percentage of those self diagnosed morgellons cases are from other causes.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Romeo » 13 Oct 2011, 14:03

Nice sharing.
I think there is a name for the condition and for the life of me
I could not find the name of this phobia.
Romeo
Romeo

Return to Holistic Health / Alternative Medicine