View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Vaccines and Autism

Discussions about Holistic Health and Alternative Medicine.

Re: Vaccines and Autism

Postby Arouet » 19 Feb 2013, 20:51

Well- we hadn't finished that discussion. As I mentioned above, I'd like to get back to it and will when I have time.
Arouet

Postby NinjaPuppy » 19 Feb 2013, 22:00

Arouet wrote:Well- we hadn't finished that discussion. As I mentioned above, I'd like to get back to it and will when I have time.

I hear ya baby! I'm just trying to get a jump on the learning curve here by finding a suitable article to start with.

The George Jettison video wasn't doing it for me. It was like watching 'Honey Boo-Boo's' mom talking about the importance of grace and glamor. She may know more about it than most women but..... what can I say???
NinjaPuppy

Postby SydneyPSIder » 24 Mar 2013, 18:40

Just found this:

"Have you ever wondered why so many kids these days are allergic to peanuts? Where did this allergy come from all of a sudden?

Before 1900, reactions to peanuts were unheard of. Today almost 1.5 million children in this country are allergic to peanuts.

What happened? Why is everybody buying EpiPens now?

... Peanut oils were introduced as vaccine excipients in the mid 1960s.

... By 1980 peanut oil had become the preferred excipient in vaccines, even though the dangers were well documented.

... Although peanut allergies became fairly common during the 1980s, it wasn’t until the early 1990s when there was a sudden surge of children reacting to peanuts – the true epidemic appeared. What changed? The Mandated Schedule of vaccines for children doubled from the 80s to the 90s:

1980 – 20 vaccines
1995 – 40 vaccines
2011 – 68 vaccines

It would be imprudent enough to feed peanuts to a newborn, since the digestive system is largely unformed. But this is much worse – injecting intact proteins directly into the infant’s body. In 36 vaccines before the age of 18 months."

http://healthimpactnews.com/2013/are-pe ... -epidemic/
SydneyPSIder

Postby NinjaPuppy » 24 Mar 2013, 19:10

Interesting.

I'm older than dirt and have been allergic to walnuts, hazelnuts & brazil nuts since I was a child. I have also noticed that as I get older my allergies have been either increasing or I've become more alert to the early warning signs.
NinjaPuppy

Postby SydneyPSIder » 24 Mar 2013, 19:27

NinjaPuppy wrote:Interesting.

I'm older than dirt and have been allergic to walnuts, hazelnuts & brazil nuts since I was a child. I have also noticed that as I get older my allergies have been either increasing or I've become more alert to the early warning signs.

hmm, I'm assuming this is NOT due to jabs going back to the 50s?

I've never really heard commonly of nuts allergies before, with the exception of the sudden epidemic of peanut allergies. Your case may be anecdotal and unusual, if I hear a lot of anecdotes the same I start to draw conclusions, but not sure about your single isolated case.

If we look at the epidemiology tho, we see a sudden massive uptick in peanut allergies, and many serious or fatal anaphylactic reactions. Someone scoffed recently on another forum that 'I accept eggs, but how do you explain peanut allergies then?', and I think the answer is right there. The egg allergies I think we can work out from what we know about common excipients or rather the way egg whites are used to produce deactivated viruses.
SydneyPSIder

Postby NinjaPuppy » 25 Mar 2013, 00:23

SydneyPSIder wrote:hmm, I'm assuming this is NOT due to jabs going back to the 50s?

As far as I know, the only vaccination that I have ever received is the one that leaves the giant scar on your upper arm. I believe it was for smallpox. I know it wasn't an early form of DPT as I caught/had all of those things by time I was 6 years old. I think that I also had the polio vaccine.

SydneyPSIder wrote:I've never really heard commonly of nuts allergies before, with the exception of the sudden epidemic of peanut allergies. Your case may be anecdotal and unusual, if I hear a lot of anecdotes the same I start to draw conclusions, but not sure about your single isolated case.

If we look at the epidemiology tho, we see a sudden massive uptick in peanut allergies, and many serious or fatal anaphylactic reactions.

I am unusual :? especially when it comes to allergies, diseases and antibodies.

SydneyPSIder wrote:Someone scoffed recently on another forum that 'I accept eggs, but how do you explain peanut allergies then?', and I think the answer is right there. The egg allergies I think we can work out from what we know about common excipients or rather the way egg whites are used to produce deactivated viruses.

I am also allergic to eggs, shellfish, dairy and the list goes on and on. However, it doesn't seem to have ever caused more than one or two deadly episodes but I believe that was due to a combination of allergic items at one time.
NinjaPuppy

Postby SydneyPSIder » 26 Mar 2013, 08:52

You had diphtheria, whooping cough and tetanus??? :shock:

I'd believe measles, mumps, rubella and/or chickenpox, lol

This is a particularly disturbing apparent interview with an ex-insider which confirms all my worst fears. Apart from ascertaining the truthfulness of the account, wonder if the (pseudo)sceps would like to try to tear this one apart:

http://www.alternative-doctor.com/vacci ... paport.htm
SydneyPSIder

Postby NinjaPuppy » 26 Mar 2013, 22:17

SydneyPSIder wrote:You had diphtheria, whooping cough and tetanus??? :shock:

Yeah, I had those too. The whooping cough was a tough one. I was 6 months old and the doc basically did a house call (yes, another UNBELIEVABLE yet true fact) and gave me a shot of morphine to make my "passing" less traumatic for my parents. Well, if you haven't already guessed it, I lived. The tetanus was another strange thing. I was about 6 years old when a rusty piece of my bicycle went through the palm of my hand. The front wheel had come off while doing some Evil Kenevil stunt of sailing down the walls of the local clay pits. Man, the injury hurt but the aftermath was pretty nasty too.

And don't forget Lyme Disease. I had that too. Another one of those "almost died" kind of things.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Arouet » 27 Mar 2013, 00:58

This is a particularly disturbing apparent interview with an ex-insider which confirms all my worst fears. Apart from ascertaining the truthfulness of the account, wonder if the (pseudo)sceps would like to try to tear this one apart:

wait- you consider an anonymous interview without sources to "confirm your worse fears" and you consider US pseudoskeptics? Did you make any effort to verify ANY of it? Did it concern you that no referernces are provided?

Can you describe what skepticism methods you applied to your reading of the interview?
Arouet

Postby SydneyPSIder » 27 Mar 2013, 15:32

Arouet wrote:

wait- you consider an anonymous interview without sources to "confirm your worse fears" and you consider US pseudoskeptics? Did you make any effort to verify ANY of it? Did it concern you that no referernces are provided?

Can you describe what skepticism methods you applied to your reading of the interview?

that's yet to be done ;)
SydneyPSIder

Postby Arouet » 27 Mar 2013, 16:48

So I wonder why the interview confirmed your fears and why you would challenge skeptics to refute it implying that the arguments in the interview were strong. Any of the following give you pause?

Q: It is said that the smallpox vaccine wiped out smallpox in England.

A: Yes. But when you study the available statistics, you get another picture.

Q: Which is?

A: There were cities in England where people who were not vaccinated did not get smallpox. There were places where people who were vaccinated experienced smallpox epidemics. And smallpox was already on the decline before the vaccine was introduced.

Does this seem like someone who understands either statistics or how vaccines work and what can be expected?

Or:

A: There are many ways. For example, suppose that 25 people who have received the hepatitis B vaccine come down with hepatitis. Well, hep B is a liver disease. But you can call liver disease many things. You can change the diagnosis. Then, you've concealed the root cause of the problem.

Q: And that happens?

A: All the time. It HAS to happen, if the doctors automatically assume that people who get vaccines DO NOT come down with the diseases they are now supposed to be protected from. And that is exactly what doctors assume.You see, it's circular reasoning. It's a closed system. It admits no fault. No possible fault. If a person who gets a vaccine against hepatitis gets hepatitis, or gets some other disease, the automatic assumption is, this had nothing to do with the disease.

Sound like someone who understands vaccines even in the slightest? You ever see a doctor simply assume that if a person gets a vaccine they won't catch the disease? Does the last line there even make sense?

How about this?

A: For example, no long-term studies are done on any vaccines. Long-term follow-up is not done in any careful way. Why? Because, again, the assumption is made that vaccines do not cause problems. So why should anyone check? On top of that, a vaccine reaction is defined so that all bad reactions are said to occur very soon after the shot is given. But that does not make sense.

maybe this guy doesn't know the url to pubmed?

A: First of all, there is no "if." They do harm. It becomes a more difficult question to decide whether they do harm in those people who seem to show no harm. Then you are dealing with the kind of research which should be done, but isn't. Researchers should be probing to discover a kind of map, or flow chart, which shows exactly what vaccines do in the body from the moment they enter. This research has not been done.

Ummm- huh?

A: Vaccines are the last defense of modern medicine. Vaccines are the ultimate justification for the overall "brilliance" of modern medicine.

What does this even mean?

Q: There are medical historians who state that the overall decline of illnesses was not due to vaccines.

A: I know. For a long time, I ignored their work.

Q: Why?

A: Because I was afraid of what I would find out. I was in the business of developing vaccines. My livelihood depended on continuing that work.

Q: And then?

A: I did my own investigation.

Q: What conclusions did you come to?

A: The decline of disease is due to improved living conditions.

Q: What conditions?

A: Cleaner water. Advanced sewage systems. Nutrition. Fresher food. A decrease in poverty. Germs may be everywhere, but when you are healthy, you don't contract the diseases as easily.

He needed to "investigate" whether disease declined due to improved living conditions? Ok, fine, maybe he thought people thought vaccines were the only reason for a decline in disease. But he is suggesting that his research that developing sewage reduced disease somehow contradicts the claim that vaccine help prevent disease even further!

C'mon Syd -this guy seem like he has the remotest understanding of this topic?
Arouet

Postby SydneyPSIder » 28 Mar 2013, 04:16

Most of your remarks there are actually wrong, Arou, I'll get back to them when I have time.

In the meantime, just discovered a couple of articles suggesting a link between vaccines and autism in the US:

Two articles indicate correlations between autism and vaccinations
March 26, 2013
Recent finds in two articles in the Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health, Part A indicate correlations between autism and vaccinations. With the rapid rise of autism in the United States that began in the 1990s, these articles titled "A Positive Association found between Autism Prevalence and Childhood Vaccination uptake across the U.S. Population" and "Hepatitis B Vaccination of Male Neonates and Autism Diagnosis" in Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health, Part A may answer some questions as to why there is an increase in cases of this disorder.

In "A Positive Association found between Autism Prevalence and Childhood Vaccination uptake across the U.S. Population," published in the May 2011 issue, pages 903-916 in the Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health, Part A, researchers suspect that one or more environmental triggers could be a cause in the development of autism. One of those triggers might be the battery of vaccinations that young children receive. The relationship between the proportion of children who received the recommended vaccines by age 2 years and the prevalence of autism (AUT) or speech or language impairment (SLI) in each U.S. state from 2001 and 2007 was determined. A positive and statistically significant relationship was found: The higher the proportion of children receiving recommended vaccinations, the higher the prevalence of AUT or SLI. These results suggest that there may be a link of vaccines to autism. In "Hepatitis B Vaccination of Male Neonates and Autism Diagnosis," published in the November 2010 issue, pages 1665-1677 in the Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health, Part A, researchers have found an association between hepatitis B vaccination of male neonates and parental reports of autism. This research included a study among boys age 3-17 years, born before 1999, who were vaccinated for hepatitis B as neonates. Boys vaccinated as neonates had threefold greater odds for autism diagnosis compared to boys never vaccinated or vaccinated after the first month of life.
More information:
DeLong, G. A Positive Association found between Autism Prevalence and Childhood Vaccination uptake across the U.S. Population. DOI: 10.1080/15287394.2011.573736
Gallagher, C. Hepatitis B Vaccination of Male Neonates and Autism Diagnosis, NHIS 1997–2002. DOI: 10.1080/15287394.2010.519317
Journal reference: Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health

Read more at: http://medicalxpress.com/news/2013-03-a ... s.html#jCp

Read more at: http://medicalxpress.com/news/2013-03-a ... s.html#jCp
SydneyPSIder

Postby Arouet » 28 Mar 2013, 09:22

I'd be curious to see a statistician's comment on this. Did you look at this chart? http://www.tandfonline.com/action/showP ... 011.573736

Autism rates seem to be pretty consistent even with the rise in vaccines?
Arouet

Postby SydneyPSIder » 25 Nov 2013, 14:31

Arouet wrote:I'd be curious to see a statistician's comment on this. Did you look at this chart? http://www.tandfonline.com/action/showP ... 011.573736

Autism rates seem to be pretty consistent even with the rise in vaccines?

Given that the uptick in infant regressive autism started in the 80s with the HiB vaccine being given universally, and now there is an increased bunch of vaccines being given at an early age, your data set does not really cover the period from say the 1950s to the present that you would need to look for an effect due to vaccines.

It may well be that only 2% of the popn are particularly susceptible to childhood regressive autism from vaccines due to a particular genetic weakness, and you have already hit that 2% by the 1980s with the advent of new vaccines then.

There is also the question of SIDS, ADHD, asthma and allergies going up due to vaccines. Quite a few longitudinal studies now have linked the heightened asthma rate to the infant vaccine schedule. They are not as safe as the CDC and others are pretending they are.
SydneyPSIder

Previous

Return to Holistic Health / Alternative Medicine