View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Shonky shamans taint aura of all 'healers'

Discussions about Holistic Health and Alternative Medicine.

Shonky shamans taint aura of all 'healers'

Postby Nostradamus » 08 Dec 2009, 05:18

This is the sort of thing that I have mentioned a few times. It is the acts of the hooligans that overshadow anything that might be legitimate.

http://www.theage.com.au/national/shonky-shamans-taint-aura-of-all-healers-20091121-is81.html

From the article:
But Thunder Eagle, who speaks with an American accent and now calls himself Shamir Shalom, is not a shaman. He's not even American, native Indian or otherwise. He is Peter de Angelis, a Melbourne-born former plumber who allegedly had sexual contact with up to six women who paid him for healing services.

Mr Andrews' call comes after a Victorian company last week received a written warning from the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission for peddling a $400 vibration treatment that it claimed could cure swine flu. Advertised as having a 100 per cent success rate, it was said to work even if the healer and client lived on opposite sides of the world.

When contacted by The Sunday Age, Mr Shalom refused to confirm he worked as a shaman and denied ever having inappropriate sexual conduct with women, claiming he had not had sex for 11 years. He said he worked as a psychic detective and the allegations against him were part of a conspiracy to silence him over information he had about underworld figures and police corruption.

Shamir Shalom masqueraded as an American Indian shaman, promising to cure a woman's breast cancer by sucking out the ''serpents''. He placed his hands on her ''chakra'' points to remove ''energy blockages''.

If you read the article be sure to read the last part in which some of the alternative methods are described.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Re: Shonky shamans taint aura of all 'healers'

Postby ProfWag » 08 Dec 2009, 06:01

I'm definitely in the wrong business... Now I remember why I had to give up my dream of being a massage therapist for the Miss Hawaiian Tropic Bikini Pageant.
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 08 Dec 2009, 07:24

ProfWag wrote:I'm definitely in the wrong business... Now I remember why I had to give up my dream of being a massage therapist for the Miss Hawaiian Tropic Bikini Pageant.

I knew one of the winners of that pagent. Back in the early 90s.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 08 Dec 2009, 20:13

NinjaPuppy wrote:
ProfWag wrote:I'm definitely in the wrong business... Now I remember why I had to give up my dream of being a massage therapist for the Miss Hawaiian Tropic Bikini Pageant.

I knew one of the winners of that pagent. Back in the early 90s.

Just please don't tell me it was you Ninja... :-)
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 08 Dec 2009, 21:30

ProfWag wrote:Just please don't tell me it was you Ninja... :-)

Nope, not me.

My runway days were long before the inception of such things.
NinjaPuppy

Return to Holistic Health / Alternative Medicine