[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Coma Man Hoax : Holistic Health / Alternative Medicine • SCEPCOP Forum
View Active Topics          View Your Posts
Switch to desktop style
Discussions about Holistic Health and Alternative Medicine.
Post a reply

Coma Man Hoax

08 Dec 2009, 04:15

Re: Coma Man Hoax

08 Dec 2009, 04:18

It's the stories like these that have made me a skeptic who can be outspoken against fraudulent claims. The "facilitator" was obviously trying to gain fame and notoriety from an extremely unwell individual. Damn shame.

08 Dec 2009, 07:22

Agreed. Con men are everywhere and take advantage of every single situation that suits their fancy.

08 Dec 2009, 08:37

I remembered hearing about the story, but did not read about it at the time. When I went back and learned that this was not the person communicating, but the person through a facilitator then I realized that this was a con that worked on all of the reporters.

09 Dec 2009, 01:35

to be honest
the first time i heard about this story
i thought about Randall Brown and Irving Bishop.. awesome mentalists from the end of the XIX..
Brown and Irving were capable of locating any object thought by an espectator, by doing what banachek calls Psychophysiological Thought reading: by touching the arm of the spectator, the spectator would conduce him (without knowing?) to the object...
is the same ideomotor response used by Dowsers, Ouija believers and Pendulum users.

So when i read about this story, i thought... hey.. maybe there are people out there that managed to master this practically lost technique...
but nah...
it end up being another scam...

i wonder if the ¨helper¨ actually has deceived himself that he is actually interpreting what the guy is saying or is just a real jerk and knows precisely what he is doing (or not doing in this case).

sad story indeed..
Post a reply