View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Questions about fluoridated water and GMO foods

Discussions about Holistic Health and Alternative Medicine.

Re: Questions about fluoridated water and GMO foods

Postby Scepcop » 31 May 2013, 08:52

NinjaPuppy wrote:Winston - You're back in the USA? In Vegas of all places???

Yeah. Vegas is the spiritual capital of the world isn't it? lol (sarcastic)

Are any of you in the Vegas or Nevada/Ariona area? If so, maybe we can meet up.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 31 May 2013, 09:58

really? wrote:
Scepcop wrote:Could it be because you are a disinfo shill? Or just a brainwashed automaton who believes that truth comes from authority? lol

Eventually lies work their way to the surface.

Do I really sound like a disinfo shill? Or a brainwashed automaton? No, I don't believe everything this government says. My message is very simple. Here it is: Don't believe everything you think. That's it plain and simple.

I'm only guessing here, but I think the reason water was fluoridated was do to toothpaste not having fluoride in it at one time. Why it's still done? Perhaps governmental inertia and public apathy is to blame.

But even when government lies and corruption work their way to the surface, they are still denied and not covered by the controlled mainstream media. What then? Do you still support suppressing the lie?

You could be a shill or just a brainwashed automaton. I don't know everything about you. You could be anyone.

What do you mean when you said that we should not believe everything we think? Did you mess up? What about not believing everything we are told? Are you saying that we should not believe what we think, but only what we are told by authority? If so, then you've just revealed yourself as a shill. Only a shill would say that. That's a giveaway. lol. You are essentially saying that we should not think for ourselves.

What does the government or FDA say that you don't believe?

So you don't believe that fluoridated water is due to corruption and an agenda to dumb us down? If so, why not? Can you name even one form of government corruption? Or does it not exist?

really wrote:
Scepcop wrote:Or just a brainwashed automaton who believes that truth comes from authority? lol

You don't trust authority. Which would mean Icke can't be an authority on anything he talks on yet your praising description of Icke belies this. Why do you trust his authority?

Icke is not official authority from government. He is a truth seeking researcher. I listen to him because he makes sense and has evidence to back up what he says. And he is a freethinker too. That's why his popularity has increased a lot.

Also, if you visit the links above on GMO foods and the documentaries, you will see that Icke is right about GMO corn causing infertility in people. That's been documented, yet the government allows it, which can only mean it has been very corrupted. So again, Icke was right. Why do you think everything he says is wrong?
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 31 May 2013, 12:22

Here is Bill Maher talking about GMO food and how corporations rule America. He makes some great melodramatic points.

Here is an 11 year old kid on a public stage telling everyone how he told Monsanto and GMO foods to "shove it". This is the smartest 11 year old I've ever seen. Wow. He's so articulate too.

Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Arouet » 31 May 2013, 13:48

Scepcop wrote:So you don't believe that fluoridated water is due to corruption and an agenda to dumb us down? If so, why not? Can you name even one form of government corruption? Or does it not exist?

Wouldn't they be dumbing themselves down too?
Arouet

Postby The Lepper » 18 Feb 2014, 14:12

Scepcop wrote:I have some questions about fluoride in our tap water.

1. Why does the government put fluoride in our water? What's their excuse to the public?

I heard that their excuse is that it helps keep your teeth clean. Do people buy that? Why would the government go out of their way to help your teeth? Yeah right. That seems like a fishy excuse.

It decreases rates of dental caries. This is particularly beneficial for disadvantaged groups who struggle to afford dental visits or supplies like commercially available fluoride.

Scepcop wrote:Ok I've been researching fluoride in the water. It definitely doesn't seem to be a good thing. What I don't get is the government's basic logic behind it. I mean, if it was just to help prevent tooth decay, as they claim, then people can just brush their teeth twice a day (or more) since toothpaste already contains fluoride. Why must we ingest it from the water as well? That doesn't make sense. Obviously, something sinister and nefarious must be behind it. That's terrible.

Eh, the fact is people don't brush their teeth twice a day.

It's also not right for the government to put chemicals in the water without people's consent against their will. That's definitely wrong and illegal.

The counter-argument here is that as fluoride produces no significant negative impacts at optimal doses the benefits outweigh any infringement on personal autonomy. Essentially though this is a conflict of values revolving around beneficence vs autonomy.

Further, if fluoridated water helped prevent tooth decay, then how come European countries don't fluoridate their water, yet their people do not have any more tooth decay than Americans do? So this sounds like yet another typical US government lie. Another one in a string of many.

I'm paraphrasing this from a paraphrase on Wikipedia but Europe apparently has school-based dental care, US children don't visit the dentist as much and their main source of fluoride is from drinking water. I found this from a five second google search so I'd suggest doing more reading before reaching any conclusions or asking more questions. It's likely the answer is already out there.

Here are 50 reasons not to fluoridate water by an anti-fluoride site:

http://www.fluoridealert.org/articles/50-reasons/

Another extensive anti-fluoride site:

http://www.fluoridedebate.com/index.html

Be wary of anti-fluoride websites. These often amount to nothing more than propaganda as they often misrepresent studies by assuming negative impacts from high fluoride areas are also going to be found in low fluoride areas....Something which is demonstrably false.

If anyone is confused about why they fluoridate our water, despite studies showing how harmful it is, and how useless it is in preventing tooth decay, the answer is very simple: fluoride is a waste product which different industries, such as those that make aluminum sheeting or computer boards produce. They initially had to pay a lot of money for this stuff to be disposed of (put into barrels and shoved in the ground) then one day, a bright spark came up with the idea of selling it to us as a health product, so now it’s shoved in everything including our drinking supplies. There is kickbacks and lobbying going on to get this stuff put into water supplies which do not currently have it. Basically it is just a scam on a global scale.

Besides that, I'm sure it's also to dumb people down and lower their IQ, as a form of mass sedation as well. So the elite cabals are killing two birds with one stone. Terrible.

Putting ballots to vote against fluoridating water may be pointless too, since it's very easy rig any form of electronic voting, which I'm sure the elites want. They love more control, especially in secret, after all.

The only evidence for fluoride having a significant negative impact on IQ comes from communities that ingest levels of fluoride much higher than what is considered optimal. If you can find studies that say otherwise I'd be extremely interested in seeing them. From what I've seen these are basically non-existent.

Municipalities also generally vote on water fluoridation. There are plenty of communities where public outcry has seen the water remain unfluoridated.
The Lepper

Postby SydneyPSIder » 20 Feb 2014, 04:52

Good answers from 'the lepper'.

However, there is a question over whether fluoride ingested longterm increases BMD but also increases brittleness of bones by disrupting the enzymes that make collagen, thus increasing the odds of a bone fracture in old age -- 1/4 of falls in the elderly involving breakages results in their death.

The claim has been made that fluoride interferes with the activity of 26 different enzymes in the human body, all necessary for normal functioning.

Israel has just stopped fluoridating, claiming that the claimed benefits of fluoridation are 'old science' -- where old science is a codeword for wrong science, presumably. Spokespeople for European countries which do not fluoridate expressly say it is not the job of the water supply utilities to medicate the public, that has to be done by individual informed consent.

Fluoridation can also be considered 'mass medication', no matter how benevolent it is meant to be. This violates the Nuremburg Doctrine established after WWII as the best statement of the requirement for informed consent around medical interventions, which can be considered to trump Jeremy Bentham's 'greater good' doctrine of utilitarianism from the 18th century.

One major reason for adopting the Nuremburg Doctrine as a decision-making tool is the prospect of unknown adverse side effects from any medical intervention or indeed deliberately concealed side effects by moneyed vested interests.
SydneyPSIder

Previous

Return to Holistic Health / Alternative Medicine