View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Why is marijuana illegal if it's not dangerous?

Discussions about Holistic Health and Alternative Medicine.

Why is marijuana illegal if it's not dangerous?

Postby Scepcop » 11 Mar 2012, 02:18

Check these out. They are funny.

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: Why is marijuana illegal if it's not dangerous?

Postby ProfWag » 12 Mar 2012, 21:04

I'm with ya' on this one, Winston!
ProfWag

Postby Craig Browning » 13 Mar 2012, 03:58

Yep! That's the truth, the whole truth and not'n but the truth! :mrgreen:
Craig Browning

Postby Scepcop » 13 Mar 2012, 21:48

ProfWag wrote:I'm with ya' on this one, Winston!

So you actually believe that authority/government/media can be wrong about something? Whoa.

Check out what Joe Rogan said about the reason pot is illegal.

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Arouet » 13 Mar 2012, 22:14

Scepcop wrote:So you actually believe that authority/government/media can be wrong about something? Whoa.

You just blew your mind again, didn't you? Although will it change your opinion of anyone about how they approach issues of government policy?
Arouet

Postby ProfWag » 13 Mar 2012, 22:49

Scepcop wrote:So you actually believe that authority/government/media can be wrong about something? Whoa.

Uhhhhh, I'm not sure if that's a fishing question, but yea, I think governments and media are wrong all the time. I'm sorry, but I don't know what you mean by the "authority."
ProfWag

Postby Scepcop » 14 Mar 2012, 20:14

ProfWag wrote:

Uhhhhh, I'm not sure if that's a fishing question, but yea, I think governments and media are wrong all the time. I'm sorry, but I don't know what you mean by the "authority."

I mean the orthodox viewpoint or official version of things.

For example, you guys will never believe that there was a conspiracy involved in anything, regardless of evidence, unless it's official or the government confesses to it.

Can you name one conspiracy you believe in, that's not admitted to by official orthodox sources? Even one?

At least that's true with JREF, Shermer and the CSICOP crowd. They have never published an article critical of anything that is endorsed by the orthodox official viewpoint or version of things. To them, orthodoxy = truth. Everything that opposes it must be false. They live in a fanatical black and white world.
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Arouet » 14 Mar 2012, 21:40

Scepcop wrote:At least that's true with JREF, Shermer and the CSICOP crowd. They have never published an article critical of anything that is endorsed by the orthodox official viewpoint or version of things. To them, orthodoxy = truth. Everything that opposes it must be false. They live in a fanatical black and white world.

I've posted earlier how this is objectively false and gave you specific examples. You refused to acknowledge them and now come back with the same charge. So I'm not going to waste time reposting it.
Arouet

Postby ProfWag » 14 Mar 2012, 23:16

Scepcop wrote:For example, you guys will never believe that there was a conspiracy involved in anything, regardless of evidence, unless it's official or the government confesses to it.

Yea, I'm with arouet on this one. I've given you several examples in the past. I'll abbreviate two though: I think the CIA knew there was going to be an attack on the U.S. by Extremists (though I don't believe they knew when or how). I also believe there was a State Department cover up of illegal drug smuggling into Mena, Arkansas--possibly spearheaded by George Bush.
Oh, and Bohemian Grove is a pretty interesting location too...
ProfWag

Postby Craig Browning » 16 Mar 2012, 03:47

ProfWag wrote:
Scepcop wrote:For example, you guys will never believe that there was a conspiracy involved in anything, regardless of evidence, unless it's official or the government confesses to it.

Yea, I'm with arouet on this one. I've given you several examples in the past. I'll abbreviate two though: I think the CIA knew there was going to be an attack on the U.S. by Extremists (though I don't believe they knew when or how). I also believe there was a State Department cover up of illegal drug smuggling into Mena, Arkansas--possibly spearheaded by George Bush.
Oh, and Bohemian Grove is a pretty interesting location too...

The 9/11 issue isn't the lack of knowledge, Jr. was warned by his daddy and Clinton that something was afoot and where it was coming from. Members of the CIA and Special Ops types likewise gave him a heads up shortly after being sworn to office. There are several individuals who've made comment to the fact that W knew the stuff was about the hit the fan and he ignored it.

Why?

Many believe it had to do with his plan to start a fight with Iraq from well before his campaign got started; he wanted to get to that oil and that was the bottom line. By allowing 9/11 to happen he'd have a quasi-legit excuse; granted, nearly every intelligent soul on the planet knew he was full of crap and about to destroy any and all trust the international community ever had in the U.S. but Georgie Jr. was on a mission from God . . . a.k.a. the Money Mongers -- War Profiteers/Military Contractors, Oil Companies and a short list of others who support "3rd world" exploitation. Sorry, but this is where the real "conspiracy" lays, not with the Jews or CIA planting explosives, or all the other high drama and intrigue so many want to put into the picture, it's far simpler than that.

When it comes to Drug Smuggling . . . the CIA and U.S. Military is one of the biggest currier source for such things, just look at the preferred drug of the era trends; when we were in Vietnam Opium and Heroin were cheap and widely available on U.S. city streets and remained such at least a year or two after the war when things made a big segue' both, on the political/military scene as well as that of the street drug world; more was happening with South & Central America where pot and cocaine are the primary export. The more the U.S. got vested on it's "War on Drugs" in this region the more cocaine and various grades of marijuana became accessible and reasonably priced. But then things evolved towards a more domestic path come the 90s and early 2000s. . . (crack & meth) that is, until we head into Afghanistan and Iraq -- suddenly cheap smack is once again flowing like a river in American cities :roll:

It's an easy course of parallels to find if you really want to look into it; parallels that are far too much in agreement with one another for it to be mere coincidence.

Bohemian Grove?

Sorry, that's heading back into the whole boogieman/Skull & Crossbones rhetoric in which some very old lore gets mixed with esoteric appearances that people don't understand and thus, stamp a "Satanic" label to it. If one is an Atheist/Agnostic why would that Satanic Water Mark mean anything to you? If you don't believe in a higher power why would you be concerned over a lower power -- the darkness?

I've always found such to be a great mystery but when it comes to such things I know that many who come to understand the deeper aspects of occult symbolism recognize their significance in ways that greatly contrast folkloric and even certain theological assumptions/fears. Man has always demonized what he don't understand and yes, that which he cannot compromise or come to an agreement with. The Moors of old were seen as evil by the waring Christian-Europeans because they did magick -- they used science to give them powerful tools and advantages the superstitious "fishermen" refused to embrace and learn from . . . kind of like certain American school systems being forbidden to teach about Evolution; so much so that teachers can now loose their certification and employment if they even mention Darwin or a large number of Scientific/Proven facts that negate or at least "challenge" articles of faith.

It's terrifying to know that some political groups in certain states here in the U.S. are even seeking to censor specific television/radio broadcasts in which issues like evolution, stem cell studies, the big bang and of course, anything that might suggest that sexuality and gender assignment isn't a choice, etc. Sources like NPR would not be allowed to transmit within that geographic region; doesn't that sound far more evil, cruel and sinister to you than a pig roast at some grotto?
Craig Browning

Postby cecil1 » 25 Apr 2012, 01:29

It's dangerous to the profits of large corps.

Shareholders hate that.
cecil1

Postby ProfWag » 25 Apr 2012, 03:00

cecil1 wrote:It's dangerous to the profits of large corps.

Shareholders hate that.

Then let's go back to the prohibition era.
ProfWag

Postby cecil1 » 25 Apr 2012, 04:19

That's where we are right now...

You can say california is now recognizing it as a schedule 2 drug which means it has medicinal properties and ofc canada allowed medicinal use in 2003 i believe but as for prohibition... that is where we are at right now.

It's currently criminal, quasi criminal and "prohibited" by law.
Here in Canada it's called the controlled drug and substance act.
cecil1

Return to Holistic Health / Alternative Medicine