View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

The true reason pot is illegal

Discussions about Holistic Health and Alternative Medicine.

The true reason pot is illegal

Postby Scepcop » 10 Oct 2011, 16:46

Here Joe Rogan of Fear Factor explains why pot is illegal, and argues that no one has ever died from smoking pot, thus it is not dangerous.

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: The true reason pot is illegal

Postby ProfWag » 10 Oct 2011, 20:51

Yea, he makes some good points. Although if they legalized it, the government would make out in taxation. Personally, I've never even tried it, but I would if it were legal...
ProfWag

Postby Craig Browning » 11 Oct 2011, 00:37

ProfWag wrote:Yea, he makes some good points. Although if they legalized it, the government would make out in taxation. Personally, I've never even tried it, but I would if it were legal...

So that's why you're such a conservative minded cynic :lol:

Damn man, smoke a doobie and join life :twisted:

Drugs in general are a political money maker. Take a look at what "street drugs" are popular and when and at the same time, look at where our military is at.

Throughout most of the latter 60s and early 70s Opium/Heroin were the biggest street drug in the U.S. and causing the greater amount of Overdose & Violence issues. . . we were in Vietnam, one of the main grow areas for Opium

In the late 70's and 80s the prime drug was cocaine and our unofficial war/military involvement centered on south & central American nations where their primary agra base was Coca Leaf (think Noriega)

In the past five years Opium & Heroin have come back into the mainstream of popularity and where is our Military saddled down? Literally on the Opium trail that's existed for thousands of years.

The covert drug culture in the U.S. is quite deliberate from what I can see, the films "Air America" and "American Gangster" exposing an ugly truth around it all with things running through varied cycles.

Pot and certain chemical based drugs like Meth or LSD and it's off-spring are constants because they are "local" for the most part now days; pot become more and more legitimized because of medical research and the multiple proofs tied to it's agra profitability; it can be used in medicine, as a bio-fuel, to make paper and other fiber-based products including long wearing fabrics and more. On the other hand there is a psychological/sociological issue in that pot smokers, especially those that are occasional and casual use, tend to see the world in a far less conservative or "black & white" manner which hurts certain political factions as well as economic icons. It likewise seems to have a positive effect when it comes to one's ability to not just learn things academically, but to see things in a broader sense as you study it. . . quite literally a "Mind Expanding" scenario which is just as common to those that use hallucinogenics on a limited bases, today's pot potency lending itself well to such phenomena.

DO NOTE: I'm speaking of limited use perspective. Long term heavy use of this and other such substances will result in some very serious health related threats, including weight gain, high blood pressure, general depression, and anxiety-paranoia being but a few.
Craig Browning

Postby ProfWag » 11 Oct 2011, 02:12

Craig Browning wrote:
ProfWag wrote:Yea, he makes some good points. Although if they legalized it, the government would make out in taxation. Personally, I've never even tried it, but I would if it were legal...

So that's why you're such a conservative minded cynic :lol:

Damn man, smoke a doobie and join life :twisted:

Well, they military kinda frowned upon it during my 25 years there and I never really felt like risking my career on a weed. I swore when I got out I would try it, but when moving to a new neighborhood, I didn't know who the hell to ask where to get it! Now that I'm working again and we test for that, I'm back to not really feeling like risking my career on a weed...
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 11 Oct 2011, 05:32

ProfWag wrote:Well, they military kinda frowned upon it during my 25 years there and I never really felt like risking my career on a weed. I swore when I got out I would try it, but when moving to a new neighborhood, I didn't know who the hell to ask where to get it! Now that I'm working again and we test for that, I'm back to not really feeling like risking my career on a weed...

I tried it once. OK, so twice. The first time I got nuthin'. The second time was pretty cool. If it were legal, I'd grow my own.
NinjaPuppy

Postby really? » 11 Oct 2011, 11:35

ProfWag wrote:Personally, I've never even tried it, but I would if it were legal...

It's quite good in brownies ( so I've heard ) if you don't want to smoke it. If you should ever indulge watch this
Insanely Deep Fractal http://vimeo.com/1908224
really?

Postby Craig Browning » 11 Oct 2011, 22:57

Well, they military kinda frowned upon it during my 25 years there and I never really felt like risking my career on a weed. I swore when I got out I would try it, but when moving to a new neighborhood, I didn't know who the hell to ask where to get it! Now that I'm working again and we test for that, I'm back to not really feeling like risking my career on a weed...

My ex was in her 40's the first time she ever smoked. She was having problems sleeping due to physical pain so I introduced her to "the herb". . . she fell in love, kicking herself for always being the designated driver all through college :lol:
Craig Browning

Postby craig weiler » 12 Oct 2011, 11:38

Here is the real reaon pot became illegal. It's about money. It's always about money.

http://www.ozarkia.net/bill/pot/blunderof37.html
A ship in harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are for.
craig weiler

Return to Holistic Health / Alternative Medicine