View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Is soy healthy or bad for you?

Discussions about Holistic Health and Alternative Medicine.

Re: Is soy healthy or bad for you?

Postby NinjaPuppy » 02 Aug 2011, 20:15

ProfWag wrote:Oh Ninja, today's my birthday so I'm not feeling very young today.


Craig wrote:Look upon the occasion as the celebration of a milestone event, for example, my next birth day will merely be the 2nd anniversary of my 26th birthday. . . which means I'm still young, silly and allowed to enjoy life :mrgreen:

Y'all are still younger than me, deal with it. :lol:

I started off my day yesterday, (BTW, HAPPY BIRTHDAY PROFWAG!) in the ER. Then home to bed to fight the infliction. Turned out that I have a tooth that had a root canal (nerve removed) that cracked and spread infection into my head. To spare you the long, boring medical details, I am on a bunch of pills right now that don't like me and my personality is still frickin' sunny and bright. ;)
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44






Re: Is soy healthy or bad for you?

Postby ProfWag » 02 Aug 2011, 20:35

NinjaPuppy wrote:
ProfWag wrote:Oh Ninja, today's my birthday so I'm not feeling very young today.


Craig wrote:Look upon the occasion as the celebration of a milestone event, for example, my next birth day will merely be the 2nd anniversary of my 26th birthday. . . which means I'm still young, silly and allowed to enjoy life :mrgreen:

Y'all are still younger than me, deal with it. :lol:

I started off my day yesterday, (BTW, HAPPY BIRTHDAY PROFWAG!) in the ER. Then home to bed to fight the infliction. Turned out that I have a tooth that had a root canal (nerve removed) that cracked and spread infection into my head. To spare you the long, boring medical details, I am on a bunch of pills right now that don't like me and my personality is still frickin' sunny and bright. ;)

Get well quick Ninja! You're always a barrel of sunshine as far as I can tell!
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Is soy healthy or bad for you?

Postby NinjaPuppy » 02 Aug 2011, 21:16

ProfWag wrote:Get well quick Ninja! You're always a barrel of sunshine as far as I can tell!

Thank you ProfWag. It's amazing how quickly something like an antibiotic makes a difference. I've noticed that my obviously misdiagnosed allergy nose has cleared up today. I haven't been able to breath this well for as long as I can remember. Of course the problem caused swelling in my head but it was diagnosed as allergies by the doc.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Is soy healthy or bad for you?

Postby Craig Browning » 03 Aug 2011, 01:20

While I'm nowhere close to your situation I have been confronted by my own dental drama in the past few days. . . seems I cracked the tooth my partial hooks too and it sooo don't like cold or warm anything now. . . I'm really looking forward to that one day when nothing is broken, hurting or otherwise screwed up :twisted:

Hope you have a quick recovery. . . if you need more pain meds, yell! :mrgreen:
User avatar
Craig Browning
 
Posts: 1526
Joined: 13 Feb 2010, 05:20
Location: Northampton, MA

Re: Is soy healthy or bad for you?

Postby NinjaPuppy » 03 Aug 2011, 02:05

Craig Browning wrote:While I'm nowhere close to your situation I have been confronted by my own dental drama in the past few days. . . seems I cracked the tooth my partial hooks too and it sooo don't like cold or warm anything now. . . I'm really looking forward to that one day when nothing is broken, hurting or otherwise screwed up :twisted:

Hope you have a quick recovery. . . if you need more pain meds, yell! :mrgreen:

Thank you. So far, so good. Now to wrap my head around the need for the physical dental surgery.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Is soy healthy or bad for you?

Postby Lyndon » 07 Mar 2012, 22:06

Soy is advertised as having benefits covering everything from heart disease to menopause. But is soy really nature’s "miracle food", or is its reputation just a bunch of hype?
User avatar
Lyndon
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 01:21

Re: Is soy healthy or bad for you?

Postby Craig Browning » 08 Mar 2012, 01:47

Lyndon wrote:Soy is advertised as having benefits covering everything from heart disease to menopause. But is soy really nature’s "miracle food", or is its reputation just a bunch of hype?


Mostly hype, I can assure you. Soy farmers pay lots of money to lobbyists and advertising companies to promote the mighty bean, just as the Dairy industry has it's little army of exaggerators, and so forth. While Soy has certain benefits I think it's safe to say that Wine & Beer and proved to have comparable benefits and are certainly a lot easier to not just digest but convince folks that it's good for them. :twisted:
User avatar
Craig Browning
 
Posts: 1526
Joined: 13 Feb 2010, 05:20
Location: Northampton, MA

Re: Is soy healthy or bad for you?

Postby eleanor123 » 25 Apr 2012, 19:43

Here are few health benefits of soy :
Bone health : Strengthens the bones
Menopausal symptoms : Helps in controlling Menopausal symptoms
Heart health : Helps in maintaining heart health
Cancer prevention : It helps in preventing and reducing cancer effects
High protein content : It has high proteins which is very good for health
User avatar
eleanor123
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 19 Aug 2011, 18:10

Previous

Return to Holistic Health / Alternative Medicine

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest