View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Wifi proven harmful to school children

Discussions about Holistic Health and Alternative Medicine.

Re: Wifi proven harmful to school children

Postby ProfWag » 25 Jul 2011, 20:46

Scepcop wrote:
Arouet wrote:I didn't listen to the video in the OP, but looked into this briefl when the news first came out. From my understanding there is no good science backing this up.

Also: folks: wifi is frigging everywhere, we have it in our house and according to my card there are at least 6 other homes with it in my immediate vicinity. To link any problems to wifi needs far better science. And we would all be affected. From what I remember, these stories were primarily annecdotal hysteria.

You really need to watch that video. It's very informative. Yes there is science backing it up. An expert in it explains why. Both sides are interviewed by the way. Just watch the report please. Why is that so hard? This is the media, not some alternative journalist. Watch it and tell us what you think.

Okay, I took one for the team and watched it. The story was very flawed. did they discuss all of the other schools that are currently using wifi? I didn't hear it. Did they discuss other explanations (asbestos, lead, high-pitch noise from loudspeakers, cell phones, and on and on)? I didn't hear that either. The lady from the Canadian Health thingy stated that the science backs up the the evidence that wifi is not dangerous to kids. Are these parents that are complaining turning off their cell phones, microwaves, cordless phones, etc? I doubt it, yet science also shows that the radiation from these devices are much higher than wifi. Finally, the sun even emits radiation, sooooo, there's my two cents.
ProfWag

Postby Craig Browning » 26 Jul 2011, 02:29

ProfWag wrote:
Craig Browning wrote:While we didn't have the asbestos problems I can go you one better. . . the 1976 blizzard and having to walk over a mile and a half with snow four feet high and a solid 8" ice-pack on the main roads and that was just to get to the bus stop before 6 a.m.

Are you sure you're not thinking of the Blizzard of '78? (I had a T-shirt saying I survived it...) I guess what I do find hard to believe however is that with 4' of snow and 8" of ice, you actually had school? We sure as hell didn't...

Ohio farm country. . . while the blizzard closed things down for a couple of days the roads were classified as "passable" and school was on! In those days teachers weren't allowed to whimper out if it looked like we might have a flurry. . . :twisted:
Craig Browning

Postby ProfWag » 26 Jul 2011, 03:35

Craig Browning wrote:
ProfWag wrote:
Craig Browning wrote:While we didn't have the asbestos problems I can go you one better. . . the 1976 blizzard and having to walk over a mile and a half with snow four feet high and a solid 8" ice-pack on the main roads and that was just to get to the bus stop before 6 a.m.

Are you sure you're not thinking of the Blizzard of '78? (I had a T-shirt saying I survived it...) I guess what I do find hard to believe however is that with 4' of snow and 8" of ice, you actually had school? We sure as hell didn't...

Ohio farm country. . . while the blizzard closed things down for a couple of days the roads were classified as "passable" and school was on! In those days teachers weren't allowed to whimper out if it looked like we might have a flurry. . . :twisted:

Okay, if you say so. Though I did a search on wikipedia and there's nothing for the Blizzard of 76, but there's a large article on the "Great Blizzard of 1978." Just sayin''' :-)
(I'm a former Indiana corn field man myself...)
ProfWag

Postby Craig Browning » 26 Jul 2011, 22:18

ProfWag wrote:Okay, if you say so. Though I did a search on wikipedia and there's nothing for the Blizzard of 76, but there's a large article on the "Great Blizzard of 1978." Just sayin''' :-)
[/quote]

Well, I graduated in the spring of 77 and I was a Junior the year of the blizzard . . . unless someone took me through a time warp of some sort, I have no other recollection. If you look up the Xenia tornado event of the mid-70s I believe that was within the same school year (relatively close at least, memory gets foggy on that)
Craig Browning

Postby ProfWag » 27 Jul 2011, 02:51

Craig Browning wrote:
ProfWag wrote:Okay, if you say so. Though I did a search on wikipedia and there's nothing for the Blizzard of 76, but there's a large article on the "Great Blizzard of 1978." Just sayin''' :-)

Well, I graduated in the spring of 77 and I was a Junior the year of the blizzard . . . unless someone took me through a time warp of some sort, I have no other recollection. If you look up the Xenia tornado event of the mid-70s I believe that was within the same school year (relatively close at least, memory gets foggy on that)[/quote]
The Xenia Ohio tornado was April 3, 1974. Same series of tornados that went through my hometown in Indiana that killed 11 people, a couple of which were close friennds and my Sunday School teacher's newborn baby that was unfortunately found dead, but completely intact, 8 miles east of where he was swept up. (Just one of those dates I'll never forget...)
ProfWag

Previous

Return to Holistic Health / Alternative Medicine