View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Is it better to be a vegetarian?

Discussions about Holistic Health and Alternative Medicine.

Is it better to be a vegetarian?

Postby Scepcop » 13 Jul 2011, 14:38

Everyone should see this film narrated by Alec Baldwin called "Meet Your Meat".

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 6833909134

Description:
"The video that all meat-eaters should watch and every vegetarian should own, "Meet Your Meat," narrated by Alec Baldwin, covers each stage of life of animals raised for food. No PETA videos are copyrighted, so copy them for everyone you know."

Music legend and activist Paul McCartney delivers a powerful narration of this must-see video. Watch now to discover why everyone would be vegetarian if slaughterhouses had glass walls.

Check out this:

http://www.meat.org/

The website the meat industry doesn't want you to see!
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: Is it better to be a vegetarian?

Postby NinjaPuppy » 13 Jul 2011, 20:40

Meat is murder!

Tasty, delicious murder.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Scepcop » 14 Jul 2011, 00:39

Here are some deep thoughts and ruminations from Darryl Sloan, my favorite intellectual freethinker on YouTube, about our relationship with animals and the concept of vegetarianism. He makes some really good sensible wise points.

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby NinjaPuppy » 14 Jul 2011, 01:32

In video #1 he hits the nail right on the head. "Respect for nature".

My take on this is only take what you need when it comes to living things of any kind, plants included. This is next to impossible in the real world as everything comes prepackaged to increase sales. It's hard to find things that can be bought individually anymore. To me, eating meat is not a problem. Throwing out more than you consumed...now that's a problem. We over buy and we over eat, thanks to marketing concepts.

Frivilous waste of any natural resource frosts my cookies.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Craig Browning » 14 Jul 2011, 03:55

NinjaPuppy wrote:Meat is murder!

Tasty, delicious murder.

AMEN!

I had a Psychic Teacher some years ago explain that we are actually doing cows, pigs, chickens and so forth a big favor by eating them; most were ugly and so we were doing them a favor by killing them and keeping them from having to see their ugliness all the time when getting a drink out of a trough. . .

About two weeks ago there were some Vegans out on the street giving away free Vegan Safe Hot Dogs. . . tofu puppies which came close to the taste but not the same nice snap in the texture. . . you know what I mean, when the intestine sheathing is just a hint tough but when you bite through it you get that squirt of meat juice up into your mouth followed by that warm, chewy center. . . 8-)

I explained to the woman. . . I grew up on a farm so I simply can't understand what all the fuss was about. Her argument was about how inhumane it was to slaughter livestock and yet, she'd never spoken with a single farmer or slaughter house operator to learn about the process and the fact that it is done in a very human way these days, far more humane and sanitary than it was done even thirty or forty years ago. She has never stopped to contemplate what would happen to all those animals -- livestock thats been codependent on humankind for thousands of years, most of which could not forage for food or survive on any level if it weren't for human support. . . then again, do they want their favorite parts of town to be overrun by that same livestock and what they bring with them?

I can just see such yuppies at Starbucks enjoying their $10.00 beverage and $5.00 cookie with old Elsy & Elmore taking a dump ten feet away, the fly swarms, etc. But then we're talking about the same fools that want to put mufflers on pigs, sheep, goats, horses and cows because they fart. (no joke, it made it to the vote in California).

None of these idiots ever think about how their actions will affect the economy, livelihood, disease issues, breeding controls, human health and a very long list of other things, they just want us to stop killing off Bambi, Thumper, Chicken Little, Wilbur the Pig and all the other Disney characters they fell in love with. . . and that my friends is the point. Stop watching these stupid videos that were deliberately shot and edited in ways to emphasize the "gross" and seemingly cruel (though some cruelty may in fact be there form time to time); go live on a farm for a few years (3-5) an Amish farm would probably be best just so you could learn what it means to WORK and not have the idle time these fools seem to have (how the hell else would such ignorance mixed with poor little rich kid arrogance come into being?) The need to be reminded what life is actually about; the cycles of life, living off the land, everything in its season. . .

The first time they want fresh strawberries in the dead of winter and no such thing exists, they'll start waking up to the fact that they're off the beat'n track a ways and need to wake up a bit more. . . especially when they want that over-priced coffee that will be at least triple the price it is now, if society shifts to the lifestyle they claim they want us to move towards. . .

Boy, are they in for a surprise! :twisted:
Craig Browning

Postby NinjaPuppy » 14 Jul 2011, 17:42

You tell 'em Craig!
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 14 Jul 2011, 20:50

Scepcop wrote:Here are some deep thoughts and ruminations from Darryl Sloan, my favorite intellectual freethinker on YouTube, about our relationship with animals and the concept of vegetarianism. He makes some really good sensible wise points.

You think Darryl Sloan is an intellectual? Why? What are his credentials? Just curious...
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 14 Jul 2011, 21:38

ProfWag wrote:
Scepcop wrote:Here are some deep thoughts and ruminations from Darryl Sloan, my favorite intellectual freethinker on YouTube, about our relationship with animals and the concept of vegetarianism. He makes some really good sensible wise points.

You think Darryl Sloan is an intellectual? Why? What are his credentials? Just curious...

Well... as per one of your personal most favorite sources (NOT).... WIKIPEDIA, here is their terminology for the word "intellectual'.

"Intellectual" can denote four types of persons:
1. A person involved in, and with, abstract, erudite ideas and theories.
2. A person whose profession (e.g. philosophy, literary criticism, sociology, law, political analysis, theoretical science, mathematics, etc.) solely involves the production and dissemination of ideas.[1]
3. A person of notable cultural and artistic expertise whose knowledge grants him or her intellectual authority in public discourse.
4. A person of high mental calibre and applied mental agility that can inductively or deductively reason from evidence and patterns, with the creativity to "think outside the box".

I would say that Darryl Sloan fits into at least 3 of the four. I have no clue as to Mr. Sloan's 'mental calibre' but he sure can think outside the friggin' box.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Scepcop » 15 Jul 2011, 20:22

Craig,
That's sick. Animals would not overrun the earth if we didn't eat them. That's a myth. If you look at the FAQ page on Peta.org, they've debunked that.

What do you mean they kill animals humanely nowadays? Did you even see the films I linked above? How do you explain them? The camera doesn't lie you know.

Alec Baldwin and Paul McCartney are not idiots you know.

ProfWag wrote:

You don't need academic qualifications to be an intellectual. Academics train you for conformity so that you can tow the party line and obey. You still don't get it do you?

Ninjapuppy OWNED you by the way :)
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby ProfWag » 15 Jul 2011, 21:14

Scepcop wrote:Craig,
That's sick. Animals would not overrun the earth if we didn't eat them. That's a myth. If you look at the FAQ page on Peta.org, they've debunked that.

What do you mean they kill animals humanely nowadays? Did you even see the films I linked above? How do you explain them? The camera doesn't lie you know.

Alec Baldwin and Paul McCartney are not idiots you know.

ProfWag wrote:

You don't need academic qualifications to be an intellectual. Academics train you for conformity so that you can tow the party line and obey. You still don't get it do you?

Ninjapuppy OWNED you by the way :)

Actually, no. Although I may question his "intellectual" mind, I was simply asking YOU why you thought that and what his credentials were that led you to that conclusion. I don't know anything about him except he has a youtube channel which hardly makes someone's opinion matter to me. It actually had nothing to do with academics.
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 16 Jul 2011, 00:03

Scepcop wrote:Craig,

I don't know what PETA has to say about this as I hate their whole media concept but I do know that Mother Nature has a plan for control of such things. Exactly what or how... ok, so I can't tell you that but I'm sure disease and starvation would come into play if animal populations grow to a certain point.

Scepcop wrote:What do you mean they kill animals humanely nowadays? Did you even see the films I linked above? How do you explain them? The camera doesn't lie you know.

Death ain't pretty no matter how you try to sugarcoat it. I get more concerned with the inhumane treatment while the animals are being kept prior to slaughter. Not just from the standpoint of a horrible existance but more from screwing around with what I wind up eating as a result. Mad Cow disease is a perfect example. Ever get stuck behind a chicken truck down in Maryland in 95 degree heat??? Holy shit! and I mean that literally.

Scepcop wrote:Alec Baldwin and Paul McCartney are not idiots you know.

I might argue this point with you Scepcop. Maybe not idiots but a$$hole sure does come to mind. Some people like to jump on the latest bandwagon to boost their personality. Very few that I know of actually believe it to the core.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Craig Browning » 16 Jul 2011, 00:33

Ok... I just posted to this thread... not 5 minutes ago, and its not showing now?

I think we have a gremlin problem
Craig Browning

Postby NinjaPuppy » 16 Jul 2011, 03:47

Craig Browning wrote:Ok... I just posted to this thread... not 5 minutes ago, and its not showing now?

Yes, for the last week I have had things go "poof" myself. Also, at one point this forum was so slow to open a page, it was making me crazy. No problems today however. I will check the Mod stats to see if I can find any indication of what happened.
NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 16 Jul 2011, 03:54

Checked the logs and there are no moderator interventions of any kind since July 11. It's probably just a forum glitch not of the paranormal variety.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 16 Jul 2011, 04:56

Craig Browning wrote:Ok... I just posted to this thread... not 5 minutes ago, and its not showing now?

I deleted your post by using just the power of my mind...
ProfWag

Next

Return to Holistic Health / Alternative Medicine