12 Sep 2010, 04:54
12 Sep 2010, 18:10
12 Sep 2010, 21:00
16 Sep 2010, 18:12
28 Sep 2012, 20:01
29 Sep 2012, 00:14
Scepcop wrote:Logic alone tells me, if you take what is considered the most poisonous substance on the planet, and place it in someones mouth, where 24/7 it mixes with saliva, or creates a current change in energy... how on EARTH could that be safe or good for you in any way? Unbelievable.
29 Sep 2012, 01:13
18 Jan 2013, 01:35
18 Jan 2013, 02:02
19 Jan 2013, 03:56
Scepcop wrote:What I don't get though, is how mercury can be toxic when removed from one's teeth, but is perfectly safe when inside your teeth. Doesn't that defy basic logic?
20 Jan 2013, 21:17
Well done for telling off the dentist. Those who believe mercury is "safe" are either dishonest or idiots.
However, I would say leave them in. Unless removed very carefully (using seals, vacuum cleaning, etc.), the removal process will release far more mercury into your system than years of just living with them. And they should last a long time... a friend of mine has mercury fillings 45 years old. Remember also that, after many years in your mouth, the amount of 'active' and 'exposed' mercury has greatly declined. Kind of like how the taste disappears from chewing gum after a while... there's still flavor after 15 minutes, but very very little.
Your decision, but before removing them make sure that the dentist is an expert in mercury filling removal and understands the risks and has the necessary equipment.
The white 'composite' fillings do last a long time. I have some in my mouth that are 10 years old, and from what my dentist here tells me, the formula has improved since then.
One other thing to remember is that dentists have the highest suicide rate among professionals, most likely due to mercury. And also remind that dentist that the bulk packaging that she receives her filling material in has a "WARNING: Hazardous substance" (or similar) label on it... yet when she puts it in patients' mouths, does she pass that warning along?
In my experience, virtually all modern dentists are no longer using mercury unless patients specifically ask for it. I think they know the truth, even if they can't openly admit it. I think admitting it in public can get them banned from the dental association... and the dental association is hoping that within a generation or so, people will just silently forget about mercury fillings without filing any lawsuits.
I actually know a decent amount about this because I had my mercury fillings removed several years ago. I saw the same evidence you did about the negative health effects mercury could possibly cause in the body since it is toxic. I also saw a video showing mercury vapor leaking from a filling and it stated that ALL mercury fillings leak!
I then started researching on the net to see what I could do to get rid of the fillings. I forgot what site I was on at the time but it explained that only qualified dentists who specialize in removing mercury fillings should be used because there is a whole procedure that needs to be followed in order to insure that you do not get exposed to mercury poisoning when they take them out.
Luckily I found a great dentist not too far from me who was trained in this very procedure. She is fantastic and is 100% against mercury fillings. My previous dentist sucked and he said the same thing your's did - no conclusive evidence. I asked him the same question you did and all he could say was, well lots of people have them and they have no problems. Ridiculous!
So anyway, you can look up details of the process but they use special equipment they put around your mouth during the procedure to make sure that they suck up anything to prevent it from falling in your mouth. They also very carefully make sure that all traces of the mercury are gone from your mouth. Then they put the white fillings in and finish up. After that they put me on a special supplement which for metal detox. They may have also had me on something prior to the procedure but I don't remember. I had about as many as you and they did one side first and then I went back for the other side.
By the way, if you go to the right dentist, they can also tell you how much mercury leakage you have. They have something that they touch to your teeth to measure it. Mine wasn't that bad but it did register a reading. She used those readings to decide which ones to remove on the first day - the ones with the higher leakage readings.
Any questions, let me know.
21 Jan 2013, 02:01