View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Are vaccines a dangerous scam?

Discussions about Holistic Health and Alternative Medicine.

Re: Are vaccines a dangerous scam?

Postby ProfWag » 08 Mar 2011, 06:14

Scepcop wrote:Why do you believe that vaccines are all about safety, rather than profits? What is your basis?

Scepcop,
I actually answered this question for you a couple months back and you said you were going to post the comment on another board, but I never heard back.
Here's the answer--If "Big Pharma" didn't make money off vaccinations, they could stand to make much, much more profit from the actual diseases than if they just prevent the disease in the first place. Imagine how much money would have been made if we did not find vaccinations for measles, typhoid, flu, and chicken pox and, instead, Big Pharma was selling drugs to treat and cure rather than a 1x vax to prevent. Either way, Big Pharma wins, but that's why I see they are more about safety than profits.
BTW, are you actually referring to Big Pharma or the FDA? Trust me, they don't work together at all...
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54






Re: Are vaccines a dangerous scam?

Postby Jackal » 09 Mar 2011, 03:45

Scepcop,

Are you saying that you believe that no vaccine ever created in the history of the world has protected people from illness?
User avatar
Jackal
 
Posts: 51
Joined: 07 Oct 2009, 02:20

Re: Are vaccines a dangerous scam?

Postby TerrelT » 27 Apr 2011, 07:27

There are risks to not getting vaccinated and there are risks to getting vaccinated. But I think the risks to getting vaccinated are far less than the potential risks of not getting vaccinated. As far as stats and stories and research supporting not getting your child vaccinated, I think there is equal stats, stories and research for getting your kids vaccinated. I've always gotten my vaccinations as have my kids as have my friends and neighbors and their kids and I've never heard of anything terrible happening to them or their health because they were vaccinated.
Last edited by TerrelT on 04 May 2011, 05:59, edited 1 time in total.
TerrelT
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 07:10

Re: Are vaccines a dangerous scam?

Postby Arouet » 27 Apr 2011, 08:45

TerrelT wrote:There are risks to not getting vaccinated and there are risks to getting vaccinated. But I think the risks to getting vaccinated are far less than the potential risks of not getting vaccinated. As far as stats and stories and research supporting not getting your child vaccinated, I think there is equal stats, stories and research for getting your kids vaccinated. I've always gotten my vaccinations as have my kids as have my friends and neighbors and their kids and I've never heard of anything terrible happening to them because they were vaccinated.


Although i agree with your pro-vaccine stance, the reality is that the science isn't even close. There science showing that the benefit of vaccines far outweighs the risks dwarfs the evidence that the risk of vaccines outweigh the benefits.

Your last line is also not quite a good argument. Just because nothing bad has happened to your friends, doesn't tell us much about the risk/reward ratio. Just like if you had a friend who had a bad reaction to a vaccine (they do exist) you also couldn't draw any reliable conclusions. These evaluations must be done on the large scale.

Welcome to the forum!
User avatar
Arouet
 
Posts: 2544
Joined: 07 Aug 2010, 03:07

Re: Are vaccines a dangerous scam?

Postby Scepcop » 09 Nov 2011, 17:02

Vaccination - The Hidden Truth: A documentary about vaccinations and documents how vaccinations are causing more problems than they are helping.

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
User avatar
Scepcop
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: 16 May 2009, 07:29

Re: Are vaccines a dangerous scam?

Postby Nostradamus » 10 Nov 2011, 03:33

In areas where nitwits scare people into not getting vaccinated there are many incidents of injury to people. Many diseases are making a comeback due to these irrational fear mongering claims.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
User avatar
Nostradamus
 
Posts: 1761
Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 14:08

Re: Are vaccines a dangerous scam?

Postby Scepcop » 02 Mar 2012, 05:41

Wow this is a very shocking and disturbing film about vaccines!

Description:

If you have care about Kids and your Pets, you must see this documentary. Discover what the experts say as they reveal the damage we unknowingly do to our children. Learn about mercury, formaldehyde and aluminum that some vaccines contain and the autism, asthma and neurological damage they can contribute to.

Most of the individuals who make the decisions about the vaccines kids receive have a financial stake in the drug companies that hold the patents? This reasoned yet brilliant expose is one that the pharmaceutical community hopes you won't see, but is must viewing for all. Easily one of the most important documentaries you will ever see.

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
User avatar
Scepcop
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: 16 May 2009, 07:29

Re: Are vaccines a dangerous scam?

Postby Scepcop » 02 Mar 2012, 05:42

Skeptics (or orthodoxy defenders to be more exact), how do you explain the fact that autism doesn't exist in places where children aren't vaccinated, such as in the Amish territory?
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
User avatar
Scepcop
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: 16 May 2009, 07:29

Re: Are vaccines a dangerous scam?

Postby Mr_Alex » 02 Mar 2012, 17:03

I would say Scepcop,I understand what you say there and is dead on
User avatar
Mr_Alex
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 21 Jan 2012, 23:29

Re: Are vaccines a dangerous scam?

Postby ProfWag » 03 Mar 2012, 03:52

Scepcop wrote:Skeptics (or orthodoxy defenders to be more exact), how do you explain the fact that autism doesn't exist in places where children aren't vaccinated, such as in the Amish territory?

Easy--your statement is wrong. There is little difference in the vaccination rates among Amish and non-Amish and further, Amish children do indeed have autism.

http://autism-news-beat.com/archives/29
(Just one of many references if you care to look)


Perhaps you would have realized that Winston if you were more concerned with facts than propoganda or with someone being an "orthodoxy defender" (whatever the hell that is?)
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Are vaccines a dangerous scam?

Postby ProfWag » 03 Mar 2012, 04:12

Scepcop wrote:Skeptics (or orthodoxy defenders to be more exact), how do you explain the fact that autism doesn't exist in places where children aren't vaccinated, such as in the Amish territory?

Further, your question is a total illogical one. Let's say your stance that autism doesn't exist in Amish territory were actually true (it's not, but assume it is.) Why would it have to be vaccinations that are the cause of it? How do you know that horse shit aroma doesn't prevent autism?
Your question was just incorrect on so many levels. Sorry Winston. But please try again! I'm bored at work this afternoon.
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Are vaccines a dangerous scam?

Postby Arouet » 03 Mar 2012, 05:13

SCEPCOP: spend some time on pubmed. Why not read some of the studies about autism instead of watching dramatic documentaries that you seem to accept without question.
User avatar
Arouet
 
Posts: 2544
Joined: 07 Aug 2010, 03:07

Re: Are vaccines a dangerous scam?

Postby Scepcop » 07 May 2012, 08:46



“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
User avatar
Scepcop
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: 16 May 2009, 07:29

Re: Are vaccines a dangerous scam?

Postby Arouet » 07 May 2012, 09:00

Arouet wrote:SCEPCOP: spend some time on pubmed. Why not read some of the studies about autism instead of watching dramatic documentaries that you seem to accept without question.
User avatar
Arouet
 
Posts: 2544
Joined: 07 Aug 2010, 03:07

Re: Are vaccines a dangerous scam?

Postby SydneyPSIder » 18 Sep 2012, 18:46

Here's some scientific studies from around the world that suggest that kids vaccinated against the flu are MORE likely to get H1N1 -- also replicated in ferrets. This is how real science needs to be conducted, not just the propagation of belief systems designed to benefit big pharma.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/09/18/flu-shot-increases-flu-illness.aspx?e_cid=20120918_DNL_art_1

I also recommend following the 'related links' on Dr Mercola's article to read a great deal more about many dangerous vaccines, and the hard evidence that has been collected on them, the lack of safety studies, especially in combination, etc -- particularly the MMR, Gardasil, and others -- a vaccine is only worthwhile if it prevents against a very serious disease, and the rate of death and injury from the vaccine must be much less than the actual disease would cause -- and there is no other way of preventing that disease or treating it in a way that facilitates full recovery.

Dr Palevsky (below in Scepcop's post) is a paediatrician who no longer trusts vaccines. The Hep B vaccination now given at birth in hospitals is also suspect, and the beginning of a long line of vaccines relatively untested for safety on juvenile immune systems -- while the rates of asthma, allergy, cot death and autism mysteriously skyrocket...
Last edited by SydneyPSIder on 18 Sep 2012, 20:33, edited 1 time in total.
SydneyPSIder
 
Posts: 1124
Joined: 10 Sep 2012, 18:24

PreviousNext

Return to Holistic Health / Alternative Medicine

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron