[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Homeopathy just doesn't work - It's a failure : Holistic Health / Alternative Medicine - Page 3 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Homeopathy just doesn't work - It's a failure

Discussions about Holistic Health and Alternative Medicine.

Re: Homeopathy just doesn't work - It's a failure

Postby craig weiler » 23 Sep 2011, 07:48

A ship in harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are for.
craig weiler

Postby really? » 23 Sep 2011, 11:30

really?

Postby Craig Browning » 23 Sep 2011, 21:17

Craig Browning

Postby Arouet » 24 Sep 2011, 00:39

Arouet

Postby craig weiler » 24 Sep 2011, 01:58

craig weiler

Postby Arouet » 24 Sep 2011, 02:29

I can't see how that is a reliable way to look into things. Especially when I'm not an expert myself. The scientific method is currently the most reliable method that we know of for determining what is real. It is far from perfect and no guarantee, but currently it gives us our best odds at figuring out what's going on.

However, the scientific method doesn't really apply to learning about the old masters and shamans etc. It doesn't help us analyse our experiences while we meditate (except from a physiological perspective). Or any of the other techniques that Craig B recommends. Just "going with it" may lead to cool experiences and I have no doubt that it will. But how do we then evaluate those experiences. I may feel like I "get it" but why should I trust those feelings. i can believe that Craig B and Craig W "get it" but why should I trust those conclusions? We need a manner of reliably analysing the experiences. otherwise they get relegated to "interesting" and that's about it.

For examples; several proponents have recommended to skeptics to take certain drugs and that they will then have insights and feel their place in the universe and the universal connection, etc. i don't doubt I might feel that too. But how do I trust my interpretation of that feeling?

I'm not being difficult here. I think its an important issue that often gets glossed over.
Arouet

Postby ProfWag » 24 Sep 2011, 03:27

ProfWag

Postby ProfWag » 24 Sep 2011, 03:36

ProfWag

Postby ProfWag » 24 Sep 2011, 03:38

ProfWag

Postby ProfWag » 24 Sep 2011, 05:24

ProfWag

Postby Arouet » 24 Sep 2011, 05:36

Haha! I like that. Dean Radin: thinks psi is currently weak and uninteresting!
Arouet

Postby craig weiler » 24 Sep 2011, 05:46

craig weiler

Postby craig weiler » 24 Sep 2011, 05:52

The bit with Dean Radin. You do know that the quote is from 15 years ago and pretty much taken out of context?
craig weiler

Postby Arouet » 24 Sep 2011, 05:54

Arouet

Postby craig weiler » 24 Sep 2011, 06:08

And this does not strike you as odd that all of this science is automatically rejected regardless of the experiment or researcher?
craig weiler

PreviousNext

Return to Holistic Health / Alternative Medicine