View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

New drink - not for the squeemish

Discussions about Holistic Health and Alternative Medicine.

New drink - not for the squeemish

Postby Nostradamus » 13 Mar 2010, 02:56

From http://www.yumsugar.com/India-Introduce-Cow-Urine-Beverage-2806190
Although the group hasn't confirmed flavors or pricing for the drink, to be known as gau jal, or "cow water" in Sanskrit, the elixir will be mixed with aloe vera, gooseberry, and other herbs that allegedly combat diabetes, cancer, and other diseases. The RSS and its offshoots have been promoting gau jal as a cure-all since as early as 2001, but Om Prakash, the head of the RSS's Cow Protection Department, said the drink will be introduced "very soon, maybe by the end of this year." He added:

Don't worry, it won't smell like urine and will be tasty, too. It's going to be very healthy. It won't be like carbonated drinks and would be devoid of any toxins. We're going to give [American soda brands] good competition as our drink is good for mankind. We may also think of exporting it.

It's true the new bottled drink sensation is going to be bovine urine.

Disclaimer: this is not the real can. This image is there to view while these words go through your mind, "Go ahead punk, feeling lucky today."
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Re: New drink - not for the squeemish

Postby Nostradamus » 13 Mar 2010, 03:00

From http://www.telegraph.co.uk/expat/expatnews/7398029/Cow-dung-and-urine-healthy.html
'God resides in cow dung,' says Kesari Gumat, as he walks through his laboratory where researchers mix bovine excreta with medicinal herbs and monitor beakers of simmering cow urine.

Promoting the practical alongside the spiritual, they have developed a line of dung and urine-based medicines, which they say can cure a whole herd of ailments from bad breath to cancer.

"These formulas are not new," Gumat said. "They are contained in ancient Hindu holy texts. We are just making them with a scientific approach."

The raw materials are generated on site from more than 300 cows that roam the compound.

Visitors must remove shoes and socks before entering and brave a barefoot walk across a carpet of semi-soft dung drying in the sunlight.

"Walking on fresh cowdung is very healthy," Gumat insisted. "It kills all the germs and bacteria and heals wounds. And dry cowdung is a great scrub to get rid of dead skin and improve blood circulation."

Nila Parmar, 42, a housewife in Ahmedabad, has been kickstarting her day with a shot of cow urine for years, and she has no doubts about its efficacy.

"Trust me. I tried allopathy and homeopathy to cure my liver disease but nothing worked," she said.

"I kept changing doctors for over two years but it's gau mutra (cow urine) that did the trick."
Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 13 Mar 2010, 03:07

I feel better already.
Nostradamus

Postby ProfWag » 13 Mar 2010, 03:12

Oh man, can't wait to get me a taste of that!
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 13 Mar 2010, 03:38

Don't worry, it won't smell like urine and will be tasty, too. It's going to be very healthy. It won't be like carbonated drinks and would be devoid of any toxins. We're going to give [American soda brands] good competition as our drink is good for mankind. We may also think of exporting it.

I don't know where to start with this quote. At first I thought "OMG! OMG! OMG!" might suffice but then I started to think about all the ingredients that I see listed in everyday products here. We've got cow placenta in many cosmetics that we women slather on our face. We have ground pine trees (cellulose) in our ice cream as well as diapers. We have a laundry list of not so great chemicals in everything.

So the cow pee is sounding pretty good by comparison.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 13 Mar 2010, 04:05

If it's dilutted to the millionth time, would it then become a homeopathic soft drink and if so, would it still even considered cow pee or will that make it taste even nastier?
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 13 Mar 2010, 04:16

ProfWag wrote:If it's dilutted to the millionth time, would it then become a homeopathic soft drink and if so, would it still even considered cow pee or will that make it taste even nastier?

I'm not too sure about that. However, diluted to the millionth time wouldn't it be considered a homeopathic cure for drinking cow pee?

Now you darned skeptics have me all mixed up.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 13 Mar 2010, 04:20

NinjaPuppy wrote: However, diluted to the millionth time wouldn't it be considered a homeopathic cure for drinking cow pee?

Hell I don't know. Ask Kevin! :lol:
ProfWag

Postby Nostradamus » 15 Mar 2010, 20:06

From http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100302/hl_afp/indiasciencemedicineresearchcows_20100302055014
Somehow I missed this quote:
"This will end the market for carbonated fizzy drinks," predicted the facility's bullish director Om Prakash.

and this
Cows are sacred to India's huge Hindu majority, precluding them from eating beef, but the animals' bodily waste falls into the same acceptable category as dairy products.

That's a testable claim - the end of the fizzy drinks.
Nostradamus

Return to Holistic Health / Alternative Medicine