View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Two ghosts for sale - this is for real

Discussions about Afterlife Research, Survival Science, Near Death Experiences, Out of Body Experiences, Spirit Communication, Mediumship, Ghosts, Spirits, etc.

Two ghosts for sale - this is for real

Postby Nostradamus » 08 Mar 2010, 12:00

From http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/top-stories/6902078/bids-continue-to-climb-for-ghosts-on-trademe/

Bids continue to climb for "ghosts" on TradeMe

The auction by Christchurch-based seller Avie Woodbury is for two glass vials which she says contain ghosts captured from her house.

Ms Woodbury says the two spirits -- an "old man" she believes to be Les Graham, who lived in the house during the 1920s, and a powerful and disruptive "little girl", who apparently turned up after experimenting with a ouija board -- have been kept asleep by putting them in holy water which apparently "dulls the spirits energy".

Since an exorcism last July there has been no spooky activity in the house.

The auction has attracted over 150,000 page views and dozens of questions.
All proceeds from the auction would be donated to the SPCA, minus the expenses incurred by the exorcist's visit.

And another ghost for sale
From TradeMe http://www.trademe.co.nz/Antiques-collectables/Museum-pieces-artifacts/auction-276340603.htm
Please be aware that I do not take responsibility for the actions of the ghost should it be released. It is not a pet.

Here is someone trying to get in on the profits:
From http://www.trademe.co.nz/Antiques-collectables/Museum-pieces-artifacts/auction-275640156.htm
The other day I didnt feel or sense anything unusual so I didnt collect anything, and here it isn't!! Dont be too scared, but this isn't the real deal. I found adding a small amount of food colouring into water and then sealing in a vial at work was awesome for not collecting ghosts. If you would like to be the proud owner of these vials and no ghosts then bid away!
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Re: Two ghosts for sale - this is for real

Postby Nostradamus » 08 Mar 2010, 12:04

More information about this ghost sale. I could not find the sale on the TradeMe site so I think it might have closed.

From http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/7372452/New-Zealander-tries-to-sell-two-ghosts-on-internet.html
The sale has turned into one of the auction website's most popular attractions, drawing more than 70,000 hits so far.

It has also provoked strong feelings from viewers, with one describing him as "absolutely sick" for selling someone's family members.

Another warned her that she risked eternal damnation.

To a doubter, she said: "All I can go on is the fact that the activity in my house has since gone.

"The ghosts were messing with me to the point where I could not sleep or eat, so I really just want these gone."

One prospective buyer asks what would happen if he poured the contents into a shot glass and drank them.

"I don't know but you might have friends for life," she replied. "Multiple personalities might haunt you."

But the most sardonic comment comes from the person who says: "I have two spirits in bottles at home.

"I think they are called Jim Beam and the other is Johnny Walker."
Nostradamus

Postby Craig Browning » 08 Mar 2010, 20:01

That's funny!

I think I know how to get the cash up I need for my new wheelchair :lol:
Craig Browning

Postby Nostradamus » 08 Mar 2010, 21:20

This was a huge hit on the site - possibly has generated the maximum interest ever in a product for sale.
Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 09 Mar 2010, 05:19

I cannot find a story yet on the follow up to the purchase of the ghosts. Was it done for curiosity, for the benefit of the ghosts, or are there ulterior motives planned? hhhhhaaaa only the shadow knows
Nostradamus

Postby NinjaPuppy » 09 Mar 2010, 05:22

e-Bay went through a haunted item phase. They had haunted dolls, jewelry, pictures, furniture etc. Never heard of ghosts in a bottle however.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Craig Browning » 09 Mar 2010, 06:04

NinjaPuppy wrote:e-Bay went through a haunted item phase. They had haunted dolls, jewelry, pictures, furniture etc. Never heard of ghosts in a bottle however.

Yep... I bought a few things from various dealers that were from "haunted" homes as well as items used by known witches, etc. of yesteryear fame... love that kind of stuff! I'm picky about it, but it's still cool!
Craig Browning

Postby Nostradamus » 09 Mar 2010, 13:24

From http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100309/ap_on_fe_st/as_odd_ghost_auction_2

Instead, two glass vials purportedly containing the ghosts of two dead people sold for $2,830 New Zealand dollars ($1,983) at an auction that ended Monday night.

Bolding is mine.

Photos of the vials can be seen at: http://www.stuff.co.nz/3421048/Ghosts-reach-5000-at-auction

The $5000 mentioned at that site is not in US currency, but in New Zealand currency. The site shows that the prices mentioned in the previous link are wrong. Not unusual. That's why multiple sources should always be checked.

A Christchurch bidder called cdrive won the auction after a three-way set to. Shortly before it was due to close at 9.46pm, bidding was at $1840, then cdrive, thepsychicevent and joe158 pushed the purchase price up by $3160.

Their bidding war kept the auction alive for eight minutes after its intended closing. At $2820 thepsychicevent, a Waitakere City bidder, cried off at 9.50pm, while joe158 of Palmerston North pushed on to $4860 before calling it quits at 9.52pm.
Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 11 Mar 2010, 01:53

Nostradamus

Postby Craig Browning » 11 Mar 2010, 05:12

OMG! I've got water colors and little bottles just like those :mrgreen:
Craig Browning

Postby tiger » 11 Mar 2010, 15:01

Anybody want to make a small fortune? Just start selling such stuff on e-bay. At first get your friends to "buy" stuff from you. Nothing changes hands. They then leave good comments. So you have a good reputation. Then start selling stuff for real. Use your imagination as to what you can sell. Maybe a child's painting and say it is of Jesus and said to be 2,000 years old. Write self help books and sell them as translated from a Tibetan monk. Each time you sell something you get a good comment. If anyone says they are not happy give them a refund. No questions asked. Some people do it for years.
tiger

Return to Afterlife Research / Ghosts and Spirits