[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Some ghost orbs I captured on my camera : Afterlife Research / Ghosts and Spirits • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Some ghost orbs I captured on my camera

Discussions about Afterlife Research, Survival Science, Near Death Experiences, Out of Body Experiences, Spirit Communication, Mediumship, Ghosts, Spirits, etc.

Some ghost orbs I captured on my camera

Postby Scepcop » 02 Jun 2009, 22:18

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: Some ghost orbs I captured on my camera

Postby Scepcop » 02 Jun 2009, 22:19

Here are some from Virginia City, Nevada, where I lived for 8 months.

In the top photo, you will see some weird blue and white lines during a 4th of July fireworks show. It was taken with a disposable camera, and before the shot was taken, the camera was dropped in the wet grass, but I am not sure if that created this strange photo or caused two shots to overlap. The thing is, the blue and white lines appear to be in FRONT of the fireworks show. And they look flower shaped with dotted lines. Very weird.

The bottom photo was taken during a magic show I did in the Pipers Opera House. It was also taken with a disposable camera. A blue orb appeared.

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby jamesbond » 03 Jun 2009, 22:12

Sometimes orbs can be specs of dust on the lens or dust or dirt particles in the air. From ghost hunting experts, only a small percentage of the time are they actually caused from spirits. It's really hard to determine if an orb is real or not.
jamesbond

Postby quantumparanormal » 24 Aug 2009, 08:31

I'm afraid it's almost impossible to demonstrate that orbs are manifestations of spirits. It's difficult to rule out the natural explanations, such as dust, moisture, smoke, etc.
Mike G.
Quantum Paranormal
quantumparanormal

Postby ProfWag » 25 Aug 2009, 00:23

ProfWag

Postby Scepcop » 25 Aug 2009, 18:39

Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby ProfWag » 25 Aug 2009, 20:03

ProfWag

Postby ciscop » 26 Aug 2009, 00:44

this is the first time
i get to see ¨orb ghosts¨
i didnt even knew that theme
i have a bunch of photos like that
it had never occured me i was capturing ¨orb ghosts¨
hahaha awesome, i like learning new stuff about the paranormal

to be honest
quite frankly is quite dissapointing what pass as a ¨ghost¨ nowadays
even in the beginnings of spiritism they tryed photomontages, now ¨that¨ is a ghost?

and scescop
for us skeptics, the problem is that believers often jump way to soon to supernatural explanations
before contemplating the possible and logical explanations
and in this photo, the girl is not even watching the orb ghost, she is looking elsewhere so chances are it was invisible for the naked eye.
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby Scepcop » 26 Aug 2009, 09:15

Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Azrael » 27 Aug 2009, 00:57

Let me turn this topic on its head. Can someone state why theyc onsider those blobs to be ghosts or spirits. What logical deduction leads you to this conclusion?

Also why didnt "orbs" manifest themselves beofre digital cameras? :o
I'm always very skeptical of any situation where someone's notability hinges on their connection to another notable person
Azrael

Postby quantumparanormal » 28 Aug 2009, 04:15

Mike G.
Quantum Paranormal
quantumparanormal

Postby ProfWag » 28 Aug 2009, 19:37

ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 29 Aug 2009, 05:02

NinjaPuppy

Postby quantumparanormal » 31 Aug 2009, 02:28

It's still virtually impossible to link spirits to orbs in a causal, conclusive way. You might be able to find correlations between orbs and other anomalous evidence, but it's ultimately up to each person's bias to decide the causative elements involved (i.e., the thing, or things, causing the orbs to occur). In other words, correlation does not equal causation. This is why I discount the hypothesis that orbs are manifestations of spirits. We simply can't prove it.
Mike G.
Quantum Paranormal
quantumparanormal

Postby Azrael » 31 Aug 2009, 06:58

Well I am a professional photographer and "orbs" faield to exist before digital cameras-cheap ones usually. Mine cost £3,000 and never produces orbs.

Anything appearing on camera has to reflect light,someone explain how a dead person's imaginary spirt reflects light! Dust and hair however do.

"It's still virtually impossible to link spirits to orbs in a causal, conclusive way"

It is however totally impossible to find any evidence of spirits,in any way.
I'm always very skeptical of any situation where someone's notability hinges on their connection to another notable person
Azrael

Next

Return to Afterlife Research / Ghosts and Spirits