View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Some ghost orbs I captured on my camera

Discussions about Afterlife Research, Survival Science, Near Death Experiences, Out of Body Experiences, Spirit Communication, Mediumship, Ghosts, Spirits, etc.

Some ghost orbs I captured on my camera

Postby Scepcop » 02 Jun 2009, 22:18

Here are some photos of orbs that I got with my camera from ghost hunts before in Washington. I zoomed in one some of them and cropped them so you could see them up close. There's even one with a whole cluster of orbs scattered through, almost two dozen in one photo in fact!

Here they are.

Close up of a blue orb.

Image

That same blue orb that was zoomed in from this original picture

Image

Another light blue orb close up. You can see a faint outline around it.

Image

A white one

Image

Two above a girl's head

Image

Check out this one. There's a ton of them scattered throughout, some of them are dim. But they total around 20 orbs or so.

Image

Image

Here you can see lots of little ones in the big space under the ceiling.

Image

This is a strange light tail that appeared.

Image

Another bright blue one close up.

Image

Here's one that looks like it's moving or in motion.

Image

Wow look at this one! It's a like a huge fireworks of orbs! (I intensified the color settings on this photo in Paintshop Pro to make the orbs more vivid)

Image

Finally, here's something weird. Everyone in the group said this pile of leaves on the elevator floor was not there before. It suddenly appeared later on in the night, with no explanation. The thing is, if the janitor of this building did that, why would he leave them there in a pile in the center without cleaning it up?

Image
Image
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
User avatar
Scepcop
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: 16 May 2009, 07:29






Re: Some ghost orbs I captured on my camera

Postby Scepcop » 02 Jun 2009, 22:19

Here are some from Virginia City, Nevada, where I lived for 8 months.

In the top photo, you will see some weird blue and white lines during a 4th of July fireworks show. It was taken with a disposable camera, and before the shot was taken, the camera was dropped in the wet grass, but I am not sure if that created this strange photo or caused two shots to overlap. The thing is, the blue and white lines appear to be in FRONT of the fireworks show. And they look flower shaped with dotted lines. Very weird.

The bottom photo was taken during a magic show I did in the Pipers Opera House. It was also taken with a disposable camera. A blue orb appeared.

Image
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
User avatar
Scepcop
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: 16 May 2009, 07:29

Re: Some ghost orbs I captured on my camera

Postby jamesbond » 03 Jun 2009, 22:12

Sometimes orbs can be specs of dust on the lens or dust or dirt particles in the air. From ghost hunting experts, only a small percentage of the time are they actually caused from spirits. It's really hard to determine if an orb is real or not.
User avatar
jamesbond
 
Posts: 10
Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 07:17

Re: Some ghost orbs I captured on my camera

Postby quantumparanormal » 24 Aug 2009, 08:31

I'm afraid it's almost impossible to demonstrate that orbs are manifestations of spirits. It's difficult to rule out the natural explanations, such as dust, moisture, smoke, etc.
Mike G.
Quantum Paranormal
Image
quantumparanormal
 
Posts: 276
Joined: 24 Aug 2009, 05:09
Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA

Re: Some ghost orbs I captured on my camera

Postby ProfWag » 25 Aug 2009, 00:23

quantumparanormal wrote:I'm afraid it's almost impossible to demonstrate that orbs are manifestations of spirits. It's difficult to rule out the natural explanations, such as dust, moisture, smoke, etc.

Very true statement Quantumparanormal.
Wag
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Some ghost orbs I captured on my camera

Postby Scepcop » 25 Aug 2009, 18:39

quantumparanormal wrote:I'm afraid it's almost impossible to demonstrate that orbs are manifestations of spirits. It's difficult to rule out the natural explanations, such as dust, moisture, smoke, etc.


True but orbs are just one piece of the puzzle. People also SEE orbs with the naked eye and feel the presence of spirits too. And orbs show up more frequently in haunted places than in non-haunted places. See the photo of the cluster of dozens of orbs in that shot above, for example.

You gotta look at the BIG PICTURE. Skeptics have trouble doing that for some reason.

I've also seen orbs on film too, circling around, in one of our ghost hunts. It was very unexplainable.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
User avatar
Scepcop
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: 16 May 2009, 07:29

Re: Some ghost orbs I captured on my camera

Postby ProfWag » 25 Aug 2009, 20:03

Scepcop wrote:
I've also seen orbs on film too, circling around, in one of our ghost hunts. It was very unexplainable.

Well that solves the puzzle then. I guess spirits are real since dust can't circle around. Oh, wait...
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Some ghost orbs I captured on my camera

Postby ciscop » 26 Aug 2009, 00:44

this is the first time
i get to see ¨orb ghosts¨
i didnt even knew that theme
i have a bunch of photos like that
it had never occured me i was capturing ¨orb ghosts¨
hahaha awesome, i like learning new stuff about the paranormal

to be honest
quite frankly is quite dissapointing what pass as a ¨ghost¨ nowadays
even in the beginnings of spiritism they tryed photomontages, now ¨that¨ is a ghost?

and scescop
for us skeptics, the problem is that believers often jump way to soon to supernatural explanations
before contemplating the possible and logical explanations
and in this photo, the girl is not even watching the orb ghost, she is looking elsewhere so chances are it was invisible for the naked eye.
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
User avatar
ciscop
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: 22 Jul 2009, 12:04

Re: Some ghost orbs I captured on my camera

Postby Scepcop » 26 Aug 2009, 09:15

ciscop wrote:this is the first time
i get to see ¨orb ghosts¨
i didnt even knew that theme
i have a bunch of photos like that
it had never occured me i was capturing ¨orb ghosts¨
hahaha awesome, i like learning new stuff about the paranormal

to be honest
quite frankly is quite dissapointing what pass as a ¨ghost¨ nowadays
even in the beginnings of spiritism they tryed photomontages, now ¨that¨ is a ghost?

and scescop
for us skeptics, the problem is that believers often jump way to soon to supernatural explanations
before contemplating the possible and logical explanations
and in this photo, the girl is not even watching the orb ghost, she is looking elsewhere so chances are it was invisible for the naked eye.


Most paranormalists will tell you that they consider conventional natural explanations first before paranormal ones. That's a typical straw man by skeptics.

Remember what Sherlock Holmes said, "When you've eliminated all the possibilities, whatever is left, however improbable, must be the explanation."
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
User avatar
Scepcop
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: 16 May 2009, 07:29

Re: Some ghost orbs I captured on my camera

Postby Azrael » 27 Aug 2009, 00:57

Let me turn this topic on its head. Can someone state why theyc onsider those blobs to be ghosts or spirits. What logical deduction leads you to this conclusion?

Also why didnt "orbs" manifest themselves beofre digital cameras? :o
I'm always very skeptical of any situation where someone's notability hinges on their connection to another notable person
Azrael
 
Posts: 232
Joined: 23 Jul 2009, 02:32

Re: Some ghost orbs I captured on my camera

Postby quantumparanormal » 28 Aug 2009, 04:15

Azrael wrote:Also why didnt "orbs" manifest themselves beofre digital cameras?



I believe the hypothesis is that "only" cameras can detect such "manifestations;" hence, we can't "see" orbs without the use of cameras.
Mike G.
Quantum Paranormal
Image
quantumparanormal
 
Posts: 276
Joined: 24 Aug 2009, 05:09
Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA

Re: Some ghost orbs I captured on my camera

Postby ProfWag » 28 Aug 2009, 19:37

Azrael wrote:Let me turn this topic on its head. Can someone state why theyc onsider those blobs to be ghosts or spirits. What logical deduction leads you to this conclusion?

Also why didnt "orbs" manifest themselves beofre digital cameras? :o

Doh! - Homer Simpson

Scepcop wrote: "Remember what Sherlock Holmes said, "When you've eliminated all the possibilities, whatever is left, however improbable, must be the explanation." Uhhhh, did you mean Arthur Conan Doyle? The man who went to his grave trying to convince us that fairies were real?
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Some ghost orbs I captured on my camera

Postby NinjaPuppy » 29 Aug 2009, 05:02

Azrael wrote:Let me turn this topic on its head. Can someone state why theyc onsider those blobs to be ghosts or spirits. What logical deduction leads you to this conclusion?


I consider myself to be an avid photographer. I am not in any way professional about the way I go about it either. I rarely leave the house without one or more cameras in tow and my equipment is not high end but it is satisfactory for my purposes.

The first time I got an 'orb' picture I had no idea why this 'defect' had appeared in the picture. Upon a verbal description of the defect to a professional photographer friend, the following possibilities were mentioned:

Lense flair, flash/light reflection, dust, bugs, moisture in the air, dirt on the lense, etc.

I was asked to send a digital copy via email to her for expert analysis. She has many other professionals who she uses for advice and she would forward it around if she felt it necessary to get a second or third opinion in the event she wasn't positive.

It was agreed that it was in fact an 'orb', and quite a lovely orb, at that. By taking a good look at the shadows of the solid objects in the pic, it was determined that it may have had something to do with the position of the sun. However, the lack of any hexigon shape or straight lines at the edges could not confirm anything to do with the sun and the lense. Since there are other more transparent 'orbs' found in the same picture, all being of somewhat similar size, it may or may not have been dust or moisture as that usually shows as smaller more solid 'orbs'. Weather conditions that day were dry and very low humidity, with occasional clouds but absolutely no precipitation so rain and falling moisture was discounted as well.

Three professional opinions... not one conclusive explanation other than, "Yup! It's an "orb". Just one of those things that defies simple logic beyond a shadow of a doubt as to what causes it. All three photographers did in fact throw in the suggestion that it might be of the "spirit energy" variety if I would like to add that to the list of possibilities as most of them have quite a collection of pictures of the "WTF??? variety", that they absolutely can't explain.

I have since started a file for assorted 'orb' pics and I can usually recreate most other's orb pics with very little effort by kicking up some dust or making sure to snap pics in high humidity and poor lighting. It's the easiest way to debunk the usual suspects with the least amount of effort. High humidity or a fog that just starts to roll in will yield some pretty fantastic 'orb' shots but of course, it's humidity or fog or both, so those orbs are 100% explainable. A dusty baseball field on a humid night with a little bit of humidity hanging in the air will really make you wonder. Combine those circumstances with a slight shake of the hand or a slower shutter speed and you can really twig some people out.

Also why didnt "orbs" manifest themselves beofre digital cameras? :o


I can't answer this but I do know that I have thrown out many a 'bad' picture with spots or defects back in the days of film processing. I did notice something one night when on a 'ghost hunt' with a local group. Their self proclaimed "psychic" and I were wanding around as the lights and cameras were being put in place to take some pics of the equipment and it's location during the investigation.

Upon walking into a completely set up and ready to go room, the woman asked me if I could see the 'vortex' spinning above the bed? OK, I don't see a darned thing but then again, I'm not psychic (at least not like that...) and consider myself rather enlightened to even know what a vortex was. She pointed toward the ceiling and said it was spinning above the middle of the bed going from the ceiling fan to the bed, and it was going up and down at the same time in was spinning in a circle. OK, no. I didn't have a clue as to what she was talking about. She asked me to start taking some pics in that area, so naturally I did. As I aimed my digital camera in that direction, I could see a blue spinning vortex in the digital viewfinder. It was freakin' clear as day. Talk about a Homer Simpson "DOH!" moment! I watched in total amazement as this blue spinning vortex went up and down between the ceiling and the bed. Going long and thin, short and fat and up and down. I managed to snap a few pics inbetween scraping my jaw off the floor and continued watching this until it disappeared.

That made me wonder if some people's eyes have similar lense problems to digital cameras. I mean think about it. This woman saw this with her bare eyes. I don't know if she wore contacts but she didn't wear glasses and spotted this immediately with her eyes upon entering this room. I could not see it with my eyes (I do wear glasses) no matter how hard I looked but through the digital camera lense I could see exactly what she was talking about. It did NOT turn up in any of the pictures either. It sure was one of those "GO FIGURE" moments for me.

If someone told me this story I would tell them that they must either be full of crap or had one too many at the bar. Blue, spinning vortexes are not something on my 'to do' list nor are most so called psychics. Especially the 'talents' of this woman as I felt she had a personal agenda from the moment I laid eyes on her. Sooooo, when she spouted off the vortex sighting, I thought to myself, well... the cameras aren't on yet...if I knock her lights out...I can say it was a ghost! Nobody will know I did it! She will probably use a story like that and agree with it too! Then of course, I looked through the camera and viola! Vortex at 12 o'clock. DAMN!
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Some ghost orbs I captured on my camera

Postby quantumparanormal » 31 Aug 2009, 02:28

It's still virtually impossible to link spirits to orbs in a causal, conclusive way. You might be able to find correlations between orbs and other anomalous evidence, but it's ultimately up to each person's bias to decide the causative elements involved (i.e., the thing, or things, causing the orbs to occur). In other words, correlation does not equal causation. This is why I discount the hypothesis that orbs are manifestations of spirits. We simply can't prove it.
Mike G.
Quantum Paranormal
Image
quantumparanormal
 
Posts: 276
Joined: 24 Aug 2009, 05:09
Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA

Re: Some ghost orbs I captured on my camera

Postby Azrael » 31 Aug 2009, 06:58

Well I am a professional photographer and "orbs" faield to exist before digital cameras-cheap ones usually. Mine cost £3,000 and never produces orbs.

Anything appearing on camera has to reflect light,someone explain how a dead person's imaginary spirt reflects light! Dust and hair however do.

"It's still virtually impossible to link spirits to orbs in a causal, conclusive way"

It is however totally impossible to find any evidence of spirits,in any way.
I'm always very skeptical of any situation where someone's notability hinges on their connection to another notable person
Azrael
 
Posts: 232
Joined: 23 Jul 2009, 02:32

Next

Return to Afterlife Research / Ghosts and Spirits

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests