View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Life after death

Discussions about Afterlife Research, Survival Science, Near Death Experiences, Out of Body Experiences, Spirit Communication, Mediumship, Ghosts, Spirits, etc.

Life after death

Postby CHUCKFTA » 15 Sep 2009, 08:06

[Topic moved over by Moderator at the request of CHUCKFTA]

Hi to all,

Finally someone has put a site such as this ,there certainly is a need for it.
Been searching for of the proof of survival of bodily death for years know. Have read books on NDE,OBE,EVP, astral projection,remote viewing,mediums.
I'm registered on JREF, ExchristianDotnet ,which carries a strong bias against Paranormal ideas,and MyBigToe.com which explains the science behind consciousness.
2006 I came across this site http://freewebs.com/afterlife/flint/flintrecordings.htm who are caretakers of 120 of the Leslie Flint recordings.
If there is any proof of -life –after –death-these recordings come to be the most substantial proof that is available yet. These recordings were done in the mid 50’s,into early 80’s.
I have not read anyone discussing these recordings on any (forums) other than http://www.badpsychics.co.uk/thefraudfi ... storyid=20 (which is ran by a pseudo-skeptic) that is I haven't found any others,why not? Like to know anyones interest or opinion.
CHUCKFTA
 
Posts: 16
Joined: 08 Sep 2009, 07:31
Location: midwest






Re: Life after death

Postby Eteponge » 15 Sep 2009, 09:12

The most interesting recording of Leslie Flints that I have heard is the one of the young soldier who died during WWII I believe, he's very rude, and at one point starts cussing up a storm at the people he's talking to because they are pissing him off by asking him the same questions over and over that he's already answered, and he actually starts to get very remorseful when he talks about his sister getting the telegram of his death during the war, and how hard it was on her. It just seemed very realistic to me, like how a real soldier from that era, uncensored, would act.
"I think Eteponge's Blog is a pretty cool guy. eh debates Skeptics and doesnt afraid of anything."
User avatar
Eteponge
 
Posts: 300
Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 13:26

Re: Life after death

Postby CHUCKFTA » 15 Sep 2009, 10:23

Yes, that was O'Reilly, One of the sitters George Woods kept asking O'Rielly if he was killed by the Japs in the War.
CHUCKFTA
 
Posts: 16
Joined: 08 Sep 2009, 07:31
Location: midwest

Re: Life after death

Postby NinjaPuppy » 15 Sep 2009, 19:58

Welcome!
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Life after death

Postby Eteponge » 16 Sep 2009, 04:25

CHUCKFTA wrote:Yes, that was O'Reilly, One of the sitters George Woods kept asking O'Rielly if he was killed by the Japs in the War.

He also talked about how much he hated his father, and when they asked him if he still had contact with the family he had in life, he said "No, I don't have anything in common with those blokes", and even called his sister a bitch.
"I think Eteponge's Blog is a pretty cool guy. eh debates Skeptics and doesnt afraid of anything."
User avatar
Eteponge
 
Posts: 300
Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 13:26

Re: Life after death

Postby The Warrigal » 16 Sep 2009, 12:49

Hi CHUCKFTA.

Thanks for posting that link to the Leslie Flint recordings.

I am interested in Leslie Flint and shall do further research on him.

I just finished listening to the O'Rielly recording and it does sound very much like the kind of language and manner of expression that a rough-as-guts Digger would use.

Unfortunately there isn't any way of corroborating O'Rielly's information.

Had I been present at the seance, I would have, - (politely), - asked O'Rielly if he would tell me his full name, date and place of birth, rank, serial number and which unit he served with.

I can't see why a soldier would be unaccustomed to giving such information much less offended by the questions.

And if the identification provided by the alleged spirit subsequently checked out, then that would add greatly to the credibility of the account of a possible spirit contact.
Last edited by The Warrigal on 16 Sep 2009, 12:53, edited 1 time in total.
The Warrigal
 
Posts: 119
Joined: 22 Jun 2009, 11:44

Re: Life after death

Postby Eteponge » 16 Sep 2009, 12:52

The Warrigal wrote:Hi CHUCKFTA.

Thanks for posting that link to the Leslie Flint recordings.

I am curios about Leslie Flint and shall do further research on him.

I just finished listening to the O'Rielly recording and it does sound very much like the kind of language and manner of expression that a rough-as-guts Digger would use.

Unfortunately there isn't any way of corroborating O'Rielly's information.

Had I been present at the seance, I would have, - (politely), - asked O'Rielly if he would tell me his full name, date and place of birth, rank, serial number and which unit he served with.

I can't see why a soldier would be unaccustomed to giving such information much less offended by the questions.

And if the identification provided by the alleged spirit subsequently checked out, then that would add greatly to the credibility of the account of a possible spirit contact.

I'd place that blame on the sitters. They just asked him vague stuff like, "What is it like over there?", "How did you die?", "What do you do now?", "Where did you live?", Etc, without pressing further for more indepth verifiable information.
"I think Eteponge's Blog is a pretty cool guy. eh debates Skeptics and doesnt afraid of anything."
User avatar
Eteponge
 
Posts: 300
Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 13:26

Re: Life after death

Postby The Warrigal » 16 Sep 2009, 13:11

I agree ETAPONGE.

The sitters were far too vague and superficial with the questions they asked even too the point where they seemed to annoy O'Rielly.

This slap dash approach to research technique is unfortunately very common in paranormal circles and does much to undermine confidence within the whole field of paranormal research in general.

Spiritualists are theoretically supposed to follow the biblical advice to "test the spirits," yet I have sat in Spiritualist churches and circles and never once saw anything which purported to come from spirits tested in any way.

Everything was accepted at face value.

When one thinks of the rather cautious approach used by pioneers like Kardec this is all very disappointing.
The Warrigal
 
Posts: 119
Joined: 22 Jun 2009, 11:44

Re: Life after death

Postby CHUCKFTA » 17 Sep 2009, 00:39

When one listens to these recordings, on must not try to authenticate the recordings by establishing proof of the person (spirit) identity that comes through to communicate. You will find that a majority of those who come through are not concerned with self, but emphasize it is what they say that is important, not who they are or were.
Some will give their full name reluctantly, because the sitters (George Woods & Betty Greene) request it for identification of that recording, people who listen would need to know the name of the communicator for a reference point.
Many names are given, Lionel Barrymore (Actor, played Mr. Potter in It’s a Wonderful Life) has a distinctive voice.
William Randolph Hearst (American newspaper magnate) who as you listens to part of the beginning of his recording calls out to Marion Davies, his mistress in this world.
A lot of these names can be google search. But like I said they are not centered on self but emphasize the main theme for all that come through that there is no death, but a continuation of that life in an existence better than one had on earth. No one is judged, no one has the right to they say. A religion only holds a persons’ progress in their world.
Brother Boniface speaks of the fact that there is no God, but a force or power that everyone gradually becomes aware of.
Father Bernard speaks of the value of these tapes and how they can change the thinking of the world, what to expect of the recordings, not to except them outright, but put them aside if they cannot.
Scott speaks of the complexities of communication, many people on this side use medium for material interest, which is self defeating.
Lusillius 20 is a must, to listen too.
I came upon these recordings in 2006 ,at that time they had not been cleaned up and converted to mp3 form. I had to run each recording file through an audio editor program, -COOL EDIT PRO 2- to amplify and clean up the noise on 30 to 60 year old tapes. Those preconditions of the recordings hampered people listening to them.
On closing, it will take attentive listening to the recordings to grasp the realization that they are genuine and there is information that gather on life after death.
CHUCKFTA
 
Posts: 16
Joined: 08 Sep 2009, 07:31
Location: midwest

Re: Life after death

Postby Eteponge » 17 Sep 2009, 03:32

CHUCKFTA wrote:When one listens to these recordings, on must not try to authenticate the recordings by establishing proof of the person (spirit) identity that comes through to communicate. You will find that a majority of those who come through are not concerned with self, but emphasize it is what they say that is important, not who they are or were.

I disagree in the context of credibility and authentication. If a spirit comes through talking for example, and you are able to establish a full name, details of their life that can be checked out and verified that no one at the sitting has any normal way of knowing, where they lived, who they knew, secrets they knew that you can check and verify to see that they are that person and are for real, serial numbers, etc. That would go a LONG way to authenticating the spirits as actual deceased persons.

Just spouting a bunch of fluff bunny spiritual advice you can find written in any new age or self help bookshop does not prove they are spirits of the dead.
"I think Eteponge's Blog is a pretty cool guy. eh debates Skeptics and doesnt afraid of anything."
User avatar
Eteponge
 
Posts: 300
Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 13:26

Re: Life after death

Postby CHUCKFTA » 17 Sep 2009, 07:52

You seem to be missing the point of why these spirit communicator where coming through, first the fact that they where coming through and were communicating and being recorded on audio tape which constitutes physical proof, which means an entity (spirit communicators) speaks through an etheric voice box, creating sound waves in the air that comes into contact with a microphone connected to a reel to reel tape recorder creating physical proof on tape that they (spirit communicators) created the communication and no one else.

You said:
Just spouting a bunch of fluff bunny spiritual advice you can find written in any new age or self help bookshop does not prove they are spirits of the dead.

I don’t know what you are referring to by this, sounds like a cliché from James Randli . Let’s stay focuse on the subject I have brought up, Direct Voice communications.
The fact that they were getting communication from the spirit world is in fact proof there is one, whether or not the communicator can be identified is purely nonessential, what is said is important.

(There will always be those in your world who will criticize. There will always be those who are all ready to deny. There will always be those who for various reasons best known to themselves who will endeavor to discredit.)
Father Bernard


Those who spend the time to listen to the recordings will come to know they are for the world. Those lovely souls from the spirit world have not come through just for our benefit, but to give a message to the world, and they are relying on us to pass that message on through the medium of the tapes, and they are determined that people should receive them.

http://www.rait.airclima.ru/lib.htm Voices in the Dark –book in PDF form
CHUCKFTA
 
Posts: 16
Joined: 08 Sep 2009, 07:31
Location: midwest

Re: Life after death

Postby Eteponge » 17 Sep 2009, 08:36

CHUCKFTA wrote:You seem to be missing the point of why these spirit communicator where coming through, first the fact that they where coming through and were communicating and being recorded on audio tape which constitutes physical proof, which means an entity (spirit communicators) speaks through an etheric voice box, creating sound waves in the air that comes into contact with a microphone connected to a reel to reel tape recorder creating physical proof on tape that they (spirit communicators) created the communication and no one else.

That doesn't prove the spirit communicators were dead people, or even who they claimed to be, they could be dimensional entities coming through pretending to be dead people for all you know. That's why evidence given of who they were would be nice to verify. That's why I brought up that if these entities gave actual evidence, knowledge, etc, of their former life that can be checked and verified, it would be very good evidence that they are actual deceased persons speaking.

CHUCKFTA wrote:You said:
Just spouting a bunch of fluff bunny spiritual advice you can find written in any new age or self help bookshop does not prove they are spirits of the dead.

I don’t know what you are referring to by this, sounds like a cliché from James Randli . Let’s stay focuse on the subject I have brought up, Direct Voice communications.

"Be nice to each other, focus on the spiritual rather than material, dying is great". That sums up their message. I don't see anything different in these conversations that I haven't seen in pretty much any spiritual book, holy book, new age book, etc.

If the message is the biggest part, you can find that information in many other spiritual sources.

Authentication is important because it gives evidence that these are actually deceased persons, and not dimensional entities playing around with us. If someone claims to be this or that deceased person, I'd ask them questions about their life that only they would know, to verify it's them. This is very basic elementary level skepticism.

CHUCKFTA wrote:The fact that they were getting communication from the spirit world is in fact proof there is one, whether or not the communicator can be identified is purely nonessential, what is said is important.

I'm sorry, but I'm more scientific minded in this, in that I prefer actual evidence over blind faith that it is a deceased person speaking.

After Death Communications, Death Bed Visions, Apparition Encounters, Etc, VERY OFTEN contain Verifiable Details imparted from the deceased person to the eyewitness / eyewitnesses to verify they are who they say they are. So, verification of identity is quite common. It shouldn't be hard to get such information from direct voice phenomenon. I've written an indepth article on this.

http://eteponge.blogspot.com/2009/07/ap ... sions.html
"I think Eteponge's Blog is a pretty cool guy. eh debates Skeptics and doesnt afraid of anything."
User avatar
Eteponge
 
Posts: 300
Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 13:26

Re: Life after death

Postby JonDonnis » 30 Oct 2009, 05:03

CHUCKFTA wrote: I have not read anyone discussing these recordings on any (forums) other than http://www.badpsychics.co.uk/thefraudfi ... storyid=20 (which is ran by a pseudo-skeptic) that is I haven't found any others,why not? Like to know anyones interest or opinion.


I am not a psueodskeptic.
Where is your evidence for such a claim?

Infact I am probably the most qualified person on this entire site to comment on the paranormal and psychics in general.

Eitehr way thanks for linking to the UK's most popular and respected skeptical website, always happy to get the extra links as it helps withthe google rank!

Anyway feel free to join my forum and expose me as a psuedoskeptic, seriously you are more than welcome and i guarentee you that you wont get banned or edited for having an opinion
JonDonnis
 
Posts: 27
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 18:09

Re: Life after death

Postby Lonecat » 11 Nov 2009, 03:01

JonDonnis wrote:
CHUCKFTA wrote: I have not read anyone discussing these recordings on any (forums) other than http://www.badpsychics.co.uk/thefraudfi ... storyid=20 (which is ran by a pseudo-skeptic) that is I haven't found any others,why not? Like to know anyones interest or opinion.


I am not a psueodskeptic.
Where is your evidence for such a claim?

Infact I am probably the most qualified person on this entire site to comment on the paranormal and psychics in general.

Eitehr way thanks for linking to the UK's most popular and respected skeptical website, always happy to get the extra links as it helps withthe google rank!

Anyway feel free to join my forum and expose me as a psuedoskeptic, seriously you are more than welcome and i guarentee you that you wont get banned or edited for having an opinion

...............................
I'm glad to hear that you are probably the most qualified person on this entire site to comment on the paranormal and psychics in general and I am not being sarcastic when I say that. I have been dying to get into contact with someone really qualified with whom I could discuss these questions. I am going through a very uplifting phase at present in which I listen to the Flint tapes which I have tranferred to CDs, over and over again. I originally decided to do this because I cannot put the discs on pause for me to transcribe them. So, I have been listening to them one after another, night after night just before I go to sleep. This has accected me in a very positive sense. I am gradually getting a general, overall view of what the messages are and I fully agree with just about all of the content of the messages. They do not appear to me to be faked and I have set myself to work out how it would be done, in any case. Anybody listening carefully to all these messages wil be impressed by the solid advice given by the communicators. Their statements sharply reflect the attitudes of disbelief, and scorn that they themselves have experienced their time on this side and realise that we will probably reject their appeals for a more spiritual outlook on life and they are very much aware of those would-be debunkers (for nobody has yet debunked the evidence for the afterlife. They have simply chosen to ignore it) who would spend all their time and energy in trying to shoot down the concept of our eternal life and spiritual evolution. I am so glad they they disdain organised religion for what it is and stress the difference between dogmand and creed and true spirituality. They even criticise certain sectors of the Spiritualist movement itself for being anything but spiritual. I don't just advise everyone to listen to all of these recordings again and again: I beg you and implore you to do that. I fear that too many people dive into depp discussion of these recording after having heard maybe only one of them and even then have not really grasped the truth of what is being put over to us. Even if they were proven to be "fake" what is said to us is wise, and gentle and displays much compassion. I want to take up the banner for them if I can possibly contribute to their mission. Please listen tom carefully and attentively and compare them one with another. Thank you.
Lonecat
 
Posts: 14
Joined: 02 Sep 2009, 20:13

Re: Life after death

Postby Lonecat » 11 Nov 2009, 04:29

Hello. Lonecat here. I just want to apologise for the typing errors I made in that last post of mine. I was in a great hurry and now, reading it again, I see my mistakes. Bear with me. Thanks. Lonecat :)
Lonecat
 
Posts: 14
Joined: 02 Sep 2009, 20:13

Next

Return to Afterlife Research / Ghosts and Spirits

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests