View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Latoya Ammons case - 'possession', haunted house

Discussions about Afterlife Research, Survival Science, Near Death Experiences, Out of Body Experiences, Spirit Communication, Mediumship, Ghosts, Spirits, etc.

Latoya Ammons case - 'possession', haunted house

Postby SydneyPSIder » 31 Jan 2014, 09:35

SydneyPSIder

Re: Latoya Ammons case - 'possession', haunted house

Postby NinjaPuppy » 31 Jan 2014, 12:09

I hate to sound like some skeptical wet blanket on this particular case but I tend to look for logical possibilities first, then do a paranormal thing later.

As to the flies and footsteps.... Been there, done that. An animal living in the walls or residing in the hidden spaces of a home can sound exactly like footsteps. Should that animal die..... you get flies, and plenty of them.

As to the rest of the article, I don't know what to make of it. There's not enough information.
NinjaPuppy

Postby SydneyPSIder » 31 Jan 2014, 12:49

There's certainly a lot of 'info' and personal accounts from ppl in the various stories doing the rounds -- perhaps google the name alone -- but if we take the info at face value and exclude a hoax for the moment it is quite interesting.

http://www.google.com/search?&q=latoya+ammons

There is a lot of confirmatory bias possible in the subjects -- e.g. flies and 'Lord of the Flies' and all that stuff, if you tended towards superstition. Some of it sounded like a rehash of the claimed Amityville events -- flies, levitation etc.

Footsteps and loud banging directly on the basement door -- I doubt that would be an animal -- animals tend to scratch and scurry and chew.

I personally doubt the Biblical accounts and cosmology of 'demons' etc, I do believe in malicious ghosts and poltergeists of human origin. Crucifixes and oil and salt and all the rest of it are very unlikely to work, unless the ghost had a deeply held belief in Christianity in life. I have other theories of my own about how 'exorcisms' or house cleansings might work to drive difficult spirits away.
SydneyPSIder

Postby SydneyPSIder » 03 Feb 2014, 09:08

Update -- owner pleased to sell the haunted house for $35K:

All things Paranormal And Supernatural
on Friday

Fan share:
Rpt -Torz
"Ghost Adventures" host Zak Bagans has taken on his most terrifying project yet -- he just bought a house in Indiana ... believed to be the site of one of the most terrifying demonic possessions ever ... a rumored "portal to hell."

The house rose to fame in 2012 ... after a mother who lived there reported her 12-year-old daughter and 9-year-old son had been possessed. Shockingly, there are even docs from child protective services that back up her claims.

Among the many scary incidents ... the mother says she witnessed her daughter levitating above her bed.

She also said she saw her son walking on their ceiling ... an account corroborated by several other witnesses. The mother did everything she could to de-demonize the house -- including building an altar and hiring an exorcist -- but nothing worked and she eventually moved.

Zak tells us, he caught wind of the horrifying tale and made an offer to purchase the home for $35,000 -- the owner was all too willing to sell.

The photo shown above is an actual police photo of the house ... and it's hard to miss what looks like an apparition in the window.

Zak says he's going to live there and document his experience -- "If it's true this home is a portal to hell, then I want to go there and see what happens."
SydneyPSIder

Postby NinjaPuppy » 04 Feb 2014, 03:20

Oh, that Zak Bagans! He constantly amazes me with his dumbass life choices.
NinjaPuppy

Postby SydneyPSIder » 04 Feb 2014, 07:39

This guy I think it was said one of the team he was with at one site was knocked out cold at one stage by a ghost. Serious poltergeist activity can be dangerous and life-threatening, apart from being freaked out by apparitions. They seem to like inhabiting certain aged structures, I suppose it's possible to demolish and rebuild something completely different, but I know ghosts that just like to hang around an area regardless of what is demolished and erected.

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/video/wa ... australia/

There was an article 2 days ago on that anecdote on news.com.au (saw it in the paper) but I'm having trouble finding it online.
SydneyPSIder

Postby NinjaPuppy » 07 Feb 2014, 23:35

SydneyPSIder wrote:This guy I think it was said one of the team he was with at one site was knocked out cold at one stage by a ghost.

This should be an episode of "Ghost Hunters" where the sound man, Frank, gets knocked on his arse. http://www.syfy.com/ghosthunters/episod ... the_armory

SydneyPSIder wrote:http://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/video/watch/21188866/ghost-hunting-in-australia/

There was an article 2 days ago on that anecdote on news.com.au (saw it in the paper) but I'm having trouble finding it online.

That video is with Rob Demarest of "Ghost Hunters International". That show is a basic spin off of "Ghost Hunters", not to be confused with "Ghost Hunters Academy". Those 3 shows are all part of Pilgrim Films or some such group.

Then you have "Ghost Adventures" which is the TV show with Zak Bagans who is reported to have purchased that house in this topic here.
NinjaPuppy

Postby SydneyPSIder » 08 Feb 2014, 11:11

A veritable mine of useful information, NP.

There are psychics out there who have a 'sixth sense' to the point where they can see and hear ghosts talking. They are not perhaps utilised enough in cases like these.

NinjaPuppy wrote:Oh, that Zak Bagans! He constantly amazes me with his dumbass life choices.

I'm just surprised he paid as much as $35K for an uninhabitable house! Definitely a dumbass life choice lol. He might have been able to get it for $10K with a lowball offer. Or $1.
SydneyPSIder

Postby NinjaPuppy » 12 Feb 2014, 10:21

SydneyPSIder wrote:A veritable mine of useful information, NP.

There are psychics out there who have a 'sixth sense' to the point where they can see and hear ghosts talking. They are not perhaps utilised enough in cases like these.

For this sort of thing, I like Kim Russo: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Haunting_Of or Theresa Caputo: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theresa_Caputo.

SydneyPSIder wrote:
NinjaPuppy wrote:Oh, that Zak Bagans! He constantly amazes me with his dumbass life choices.

I'm just surprised he paid as much as $35K for an uninhabitable house! Definitely a dumbass life choice lol. He might have been able to get it for $10K with a lowball offer. Or $1.

These so called haunted houses are suddenly all the rage here in the states. Some are getting higher prices than their equal, non-haunted counterparts.
NinjaPuppy

Return to Afterlife Research / Ghosts and Spirits