View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

My method of inducing an out of body experience

Discussions about Afterlife Research, Survival Science, Near Death Experiences, Out of Body Experiences, Spirit Communication, Mediumship, Ghosts, Spirits, etc.

My method of inducing an out of body experience

Postby Alan McDougall » 03 Aug 2012, 06:18

Hi All try it out if you like!

How to have an out of body experience (By Alan McDougall)

Greetings I hope someone find this of interest

The mind or soul is definitely separate from the physical brain

The Trigger of out of body experience

First lie down in a darkened room in a relaxing position. (Or sit)
Loosen your clothing and remove all jewellery.

Try to clear your mind and observe what I call eyelid visions
After a while, you may notice light patterns, peoples, animals colors etc

Enter the first phase of sleep but retain awareness

Wait until you begin to feel a vibration, like a swarm of bees usually around or near your head

Try to move your body. If you are unable to move you have reached the vital stage of hypnagogic sleep paralysis

Now you might feel pressure on your body like being squeezed by a great hand

Let it happen, do not get afraid, the buzzing vibration might get more intense and louder. You have nothing to be scared about just give in to the coming experience

Imagine rolling out of your bed or flouting up to the ceiling if you like

And then , maybe that very night you might leave your body and find yourself floating below the ceiling looking down on your resting sleeping physical body,

Strange as it might seem you might be aware of what your physical body and your etheriall body are experience at the same moment

Like any explorer you can explore further and future as you become more of an adept at leaving your body

You can then explore the earth and later maybe the universe

Love

Alan
Alan McDougall

Re: My method of inducing an out of body experience

Postby NinjaPuppy » 03 Aug 2012, 06:37

I used to be able to do this all the time when I was a kid. Sometimes I would marvel at the light patterns made by shutting my eyes real tight or putting slight pressure on my eyelids to make the colors and shapes change.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Craig Browning » 03 Aug 2012, 23:52

I've taught "Astral Projection" for more than 15 years now, based on personal experience and insights from my friend Richard Webster in New Zealand. Technically what these classes teach is "Mental Projection" which, according to certain mystery traditions, is the first step towards actual out of body action and from the more analytical point of view, little other than self-induced hypnotic states.

True OBEs come in two primary forms; a natural or organic occurrence that typically takes place during deep REM sleep. Frequently such manifestations have to do with very personal issues and concerns such as an ailing friend or relative that you can't physically get to, but you can access via this process. In many circumstances the person visited will have recollection of having seen or "felt" your presence during such happenings.

Needless to say the other version of this comes as the result of YEARS of disciplined exercise and focus. There does come a point when the Mental aspect of such projective efforts drastically shifts and becomes a quantitative happening. One of the best examples of this is the testimony of numerous Vietnam vets/POW's who swear that Aliens (ET) came to their camps and literally carried some of them out of the camp the night before the massive B-52 bombings began over Hanoi. I happen to know the back story on this event and members of the Psychic study group that made these things happen via OBE/Astral Projection. This however, brings us to another side of the OBE scenario . . .

I've touched on the Mental and Etheric side of this concept but there is one other side, what's known as Bi-Location; when one is seen physically at two locations at the same time. There are several noted accounts of this sort but in each instance the person involved was a noted "Miracle Worker" or "Enlightened" teacher, some even tied to the Church (but seen as radicals and heretics). Very, very few ever obtain this level of transference and those that do have been working at it for a number of life times . . . as we'd say within said circles.

Another area that one should at least look at is a short lived OBE technique called The Cristos Effect as well as Alpha Consciousness or Alpha Mind. Both were known of and even reached "trend" popularity in the 1970s and are very much tied to the concept of Astral Travel.
Craig Browning

Postby Alan McDougall » 04 Aug 2012, 04:34

Thanks Craig for your more detaled explanation of the OOBE. Do you think the person experiencing the event is observing real happenings, or are they just illusions of the mind?

I admit I am too lazy to go to all the trouble to achieve an OBE by conscious effort, I use vivid dreaming as a useful alternate and have had amazing visions of the night by this more spontaneuos method, although I am not sure it is actaul astral travel?
Alan McDougall

Postby Craig Browning » 04 Aug 2012, 21:24

"Mental Projection" literally entails the imagination alongside the subconscious observations and personal intuition . . . or so goes the traditional explanation. The key here is in the title "Mental" projection, which is where we see the clue . . . the fact that there is a strong psychological influence when it comes to the journey and what's observed (including physical sensation). This likewise ties in with the more clinical explanation to OBE scenarios; the idea that various chemical and electrical synapses take place as one consciously or unconsciously drifts into the deeper levels of relaxation a.k.a. trance.

If this is something you're curious about I'd suggest you check your lethargy at the door and head for the library. They have wonderful things in these supposedly antiquated building, called "books" and there's a vast wealth of information to be found in them. I'd suggest you start with "Wisdom of the Mystic Masters" and a novel by James Redfield entitled "The Celestine Prophecy", the two will certainly help open your mind when it comes to this type of mystery.
Craig Browning

Postby Alan McDougall » 06 Aug 2012, 00:34

Craig Browning wrote:"Mental Projection" literally entails the imagination alongside the subconscious observations and personal intuition . . . or so goes the traditional explanation. The key here is in the title "Mental" projection, which is where we see the clue . . . the fact that there is a strong psychological influence when it comes to the journey and what's observed (including physical sensation). This likewise ties in with the more clinical explanation to OBE scenarios; the idea that various chemical and electrical synapses take place as one consciously or unconsciously drifts into the deeper levels of relaxation a.k.a. trance.

If this is something you're curious about I'd suggest you check your lethargy at the door and head for the library. They have wonderful things in these supposedly antiquated building, called "books" and there's a vast wealth of information to be found in them. I'd suggest you start with "Wisdom of the Mystic Masters" and a novel by James Redfield entitled "The Celestine Prophecy", the two will certainly help open your mind when it comes to this type of mystery.

Thanks I will look up your references!

Below are extracts from my experience, they are not in any order as reflected here and are also not in any chronolical sequence!

By Alan McDougall

I have gone to many places walked on the great grass prairies, and steppe, mountains of wonder stood at the north of Scotland with the icy North Sea blowing on my body. I saw the earth in its blue beauty and rose up. I have walked on monochrome moons and seen with mind sight blazing clouds of light and felt huge translucent beings on gossamer wings a million miles across flowing through the universe and my body and soul on gossamer wings which is my awareness.

Then for a peaceful while in velvet space I hovered somewhere in the deep void. I heard the vibrations of the infinite eternal wonder of the unspeakably beautiful music of the universe, with all the stars in unison blazed in glorious colors which is their songs of praise to God across vastnesses of infinite universes of light and dark. My mind overcome with the beauty of it all wept.

One event I vividly recall was flying right through an enormous planet which floated lonely out in the great dark void between galaxies, with no sun warming its cold bleak black surface. I saw this huge planet approaching us at colossal speed and we passed right through it as if they no more than a cloud, plunging completely thought the ice, mantel, magma, crystals rock, and boiling centre, flashing out the other side and continuing at colossal speed beyond our huge galaxy and faster and faster into the unimaginable vastness of the universe.

This part of the journey was much like an enormously speeded up movie. Science will tell you the neutrino particle can go through light years of lead without slowing down, so my spiritual body going through a planet is within the bounds of possibility, and maybe this is how ghosts or spirits are able to walk through walls. Maybe an ethereal spiritual body is made up of neutrinos? I could not touch or interact with the material universe, which is but one dimension or realm within the countless others that make up all of existence.

Not bound to a physical body’s visual spectrum, one could view the universe in all spectrums, from microwave to infra red and more. The ethereal eye is hugely more sensitive than the physical eye and one could peer much deeper into the universe than even the greatest earthly telescope. Try to image this of course is impossible? Instead of space being black, with this heightened sense of vision, the universe lit up with a billion, trillion ever changing colors of breathtaking beauty. Blind people who have had a near death experience often report seeing visually for the very first time using their ethereal senses. I call this soul senses or soul sight.

As we journeyed on, we also passed through huge great suns, galaxies of blazing glory, clouds of multicolered cosmic dust, pulsating lights of magnetic energy, flashing through each of them in turn in a mere moment. Think of Sci- Fi movie, where a spaceship, warpes through space at more than the speed of light, it was something like that but almost instantaneously.

The journey continued as billions of galaxies came and went and somehow, due to our colossal speed, time itself began to reverse, we were not only on a journey to” somewhere”, we were on a journey to “somewhen”. This “somewhen” was back before the big bang, into the primordial primeval void of zero point energy. “God is the Great Mathematician”, “the Great Scientist” and “the Compassionate Eternal One” He is the Author of eternal blessings, never losing, the great reason, purpose ultimate reality the great All in All.

Racing outward and outward through the universe it seem to shrink behind us and and the arrow of time reversed from future to past as we moved closer and closer toward the zero point moment of creation or big bang singularity, the void we call outer space shrinking out of existence into nothingness.

Size or scale is really meaningless in the grand order of existence. the singularity the point of infinite density and energy was also infinite in size and dimension in the bigging because it was all that is, it did not emerge into a vast empty void, it brought the void with it, and this void we call space is both finite and and infinite because there exist the grand multiverse that contains all of exitense within it. Existence is infinite and eternal. Each universe is like finity with all universes all expanding or contracting into each other for eternity. Do I understand this no I do not?

The best description I can give of existence is that there is an infinite eternal colossal ocean, I call all existence or God, on
which float an infinity of universes, like bubbles of foam, each different but all evolving living and dying just

Light on this strange planet we visted out somewhere in the universe, maybe it was paradise or a heaven fascinated me, there no a shadows anywhere. There was no single light source as on earth, no sun but light everywhere. I realized that everything seemed to produce its own light, there were no shadows everything was made out of light. Again the answer coincided with my query: the Heavens declare the glory of God. When the presence of God was near we were bathed in a golden light of love and peace. In this heaven or paradise are great forests, flowers, green grass all living and animated not held down by roots, flawless in color and beauty roamed this strange world of unimaginable wonder and living life
Nothing dies in this paradise world there is no need to sustain the spiritual body because it is eternally sustained by of Gods inexhaustible energy. I remember during the transition process, fragrances beyond earthly words to describe were everywhere. Living animated flowers, grass, trees and air. The air was just the same. Of course this was not music as we know it or perfume as we know it. I simply knew that it was another quantum world similar to planet earth but operating under different constants or fundamental laws.

These beings don't have physical bodies like ours, they are each separate distinct and take on the form of a human physical body, but they remain translucent and shimmering in appearance. They don't walk, they float. They have lives much like ours, but without the struggles and sorrows. There are artists, musicians, dancers, singers, inventors, builders, healers, creators of miraculous things; co-creators using Gods beautiful inexhaustible energy to do it. Indeed this place was close to the Christian concept of heaven.
I wondered why this world appeared, at first hand, to look so much like our earthly reality, albeit more beautiful. The answer it that when a person dies especially suddenly if they were to awaken on the other side and see it as it really is, just orbs of light shape shifting, atoms and fundamental particles coming together and parting lights flashing, they will be frightened and confused out of their mind. So they are slowly eased into these new dimensions, the first heaven almost a copy of a beautiful earth with which they are familiar and as these souls learn and evolve they are prepared for the next realm without any shock to their psyche.translucent fields of energy, they have the ability to alter their outer appearance
I had to retreat in shock and horror from the dark bleakness from real evil thoughts that sometimes entered my mind. And learn to accept and embrace all that is beautiful and loving about our beautiful blue water planet and the unimaginable wonder of the universe and the super universe from out of which it was born.

My body, mind, soul and spirit as stilled my inner being to really hear, feel, see taste smell and merge with the Super- Consciousness, began to expand in such unimaginable exhilaration that my finite mind and self embraced all of existence and I saw and understood everything just like God did.

I then knew that each living being was an essential building block a brick that holds up the fabric of reality and existence. All things are merged in one blissful everlasting union, with the Sublime "Mind” We together are “GOD”. “I am god” “I am infinite” “I am all” yet I remain “myself”. I have seen cities of pure composite light of countless colors never seen before, travelled and at the speed of infinity exiting the universe until it became but a tiny dot in the utter vastness of the googolplex other different universes.

Then blazing into the “Super Mother Universe” I observed the awesome “Golden Light of the Infinite One “Source and Reason of all reality” and, tried to comprehend the unimaginable beauty of the “Original Mind”, and “Original Thought” that created and sustains all off existence.

We, who dwell in all the mysterious universes, sang, together, across the eternity of time, the music of the Golden Orbs to the truth that we all have become ONE, now we were indestructible energy. Strange as it would be without the Eternal Infinite, the eternal, "I" and the eternal "YOU" there would be nothing at all, because we together created reality. Great knowledge and wisdom flowed to the truth that all of us have existed forever and ever.

This is no ends, only new beginnings in an everlasting cycle and progression of existence and creation. Now let us all merge into one eternal loving moment of ecstasy and joy moment, singing as one the beautiful great songs of creation. We have returned to our true source now again we are together forever and nothing is hidden everything is possible, rejoice for we are infinity eternally beautiful as we formulate a new existence more wonderful than the first.

What am I “I AM LIFE”

Love

Alan
Alan McDougall

Postby SydneyPSIder » 11 Sep 2012, 15:00

Alan McDougall wrote:Below are extracts from my experience, they are not in any order as reflected here and are also not in any chronolical sequence!

By Alan McDougall

I have gone to many places walked on the great grass prairies, and steppe, mountains of wonder stood at the north of Scotland with the icy North Sea blowing on my body. I saw the earth in its blue beauty and rose up. I have walked on monochrome moons and seen with mind sight blazing clouds of light and felt huge translucent beings on gossamer wings a million miles across flowing through the universe and my body and soul on gossamer wings which is my awareness.

Then for a peaceful while in velvet space I hovered somewhere in the deep void. I heard the vibrations of the infinite eternal wonder of the unspeakably beautiful music of the universe, with all the stars in unison blazed in glorious colors which is their songs of praise to God across vastnesses of infinite universes of light and dark. My mind overcome with the beauty of it all wept.

One event I vividly recall was flying right through an enormous planet which floated lonely out in the great dark void between galaxies, with no sun warming its cold bleak black surface. I saw this huge planet approaching us at colossal speed and we passed right through it as if they no more than a cloud, plunging completely thought the ice, mantel, magma, crystals rock, and boiling centre, flashing out the other side and continuing at colossal speed beyond our huge galaxy and faster and faster into the unimaginable vastness of the universe.

The journey continued as billions of galaxies came and went and somehow, due to our colossal speed, time itself began to reverse, we were not only on a journey to” somewhere”, we were on a journey to “somewhen”. This “somewhen” was back before the big bang, into the primordial primeval void of zero point energy. “God is the Great Mathematician”, “the Great Scientist” and “the Compassionate Eternal One” He is the Author of eternal blessings, never losing, the great reason, purpose ultimate reality the great All in All.

Racing outward and outward through the universe it seem to shrink behind us and and the arrow of time reversed from future to past as we moved closer and closer toward the zero point moment of creation or big bang singularity, the void we call outer space shrinking out of existence into nothingness.

Light on this strange planet we visted out somewhere in the universe, maybe it was paradise or a heaven fascinated me, there no a shadows anywhere. There was no single light source as on earth, no sun but light everywhere. I realized that everything seemed to produce its own light, there were no shadows everything was made out of light. Again the answer coincided with my query: the Heavens declare the glory of God. When the presence of God was near we were bathed in a golden light of love and peace. In this heaven or paradise are great forests, flowers, green grass all living and animated not held down by roots, flawless in color and beauty roamed this strange world of unimaginable wonder and living life

Nothing dies in this paradise world there is no need to sustain the spiritual body because it is eternally sustained by of Gods inexhaustible energy. I remember during the transition process, fragrances beyond earthly words to describe were everywhere. Living animated flowers, grass, trees and air. The air was just the same. Of course this was not music as we know it or perfume as we know it. I simply knew that it was another quantum world similar to planet earth but operating under different constants or fundamental laws.

Alan

That's very interesting, but, with respect, I have to ask whether it's just the workings of an active imagination? Can you, for instance, astral travel to the surface of the Moon and confirm whether the Apollo landers are actually there or whether the manned moon landings indeed were a hoax? Have you encountered any physical sentient intelligent beings on other planets out there, and where are they exactly in space relative to Earth? And how do you get back when you have traversed backwards in time to the Big Bang and across the universe? And what is, say, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad having for breakfast this morning, or someone else we can corroborate? (What am I having for breakfast this morning?) Any hard proof of this astral traveling that can confirm you can travel anywhere on the earth's surface, let alone across thousands of light years of distance and through time, and then safely return to your bedroom?

Or is it just a metaphorical form of poetry in prose, not actual events?
SydneyPSIder

Postby Alan McDougall » 13 Sep 2012, 08:48

I saw these things in a near death experience of which I had two, what you posted is not an Out of Body event, but a short extract and very condensed piece of a much larger testimony.

What I wrote about did not all come from one single near death event, or single other experience, and it is also sourced from a mix of Out of Body events, dreams and innate intrinsic knowledge that I have ingrained into my understanding. Somehow over the years, I have mentally “downloaded” into my brain and understanding, much of this mysterious knowledge direct from what I call the “Universal Superconsciousness”, this consciousness is a conglomerate of wisdom and knowledge of all sentient beings in our physical universe, also known as the collective unconsciousness, a sort of cosmic internet if you like.
Alan McDougall

Postby SydneyPSIder » 13 Sep 2012, 15:03

Alan McDougall wrote:I saw these things in a near death experience of which I had two, what you posted is not an Out of Body event, but a short extract and very condensed piece of a much larger testimony.

What I wrote about did not all come from one single near death event, or single other experience, and it is also sourced from a mix of Out of Body events, dreams and innate intrinsic knowledge that I have ingrained into my understanding. Somehow over the years, I have mentally “downloaded” into my brain and understanding, much of this mysterious knowledge direct from what I call the “Universal Superconsciousness”, this consciousness is a conglomerate of wisdom and knowledge of all sentient beings in our physical universe, also known as the collective unconsciousness, a sort of cosmic internet if you like.

That's very interesting, but did it actually happen, and is there any way of verifying if it happened, or is any way of proving it into the future, e.g. astral travel to my backyard in another country and tell me what model my BBQ is without coming here in person.
SydneyPSIder

Postby Alan McDougall » 13 Sep 2012, 16:08

What is a BBQ
Alan McDougall

Postby SydneyPSIder » 13 Sep 2012, 19:21

Alan McDougall wrote:What is a BBQ

barbecue... is it a 'grill' in the US? if you're in canada you would have no use for such a thing lol

I have to do it: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=bbq
SydneyPSIder

Postby Alan McDougall » 13 Sep 2012, 20:09

I live in South Africa we call it a Braai from the Afrikaans word bake. We barbecue a lot over here due to the sunny climate.

What you are suggesting I do is known as remote viewing I have tried this with some success in the past but to get the actual type of BBQ you have without knowing anything about you is almost impossible.
Alan McDougall

Postby Craig Browning » 14 Sep 2012, 01:26

but did it actually happen, and is there any way of verifying if it happened, or is any way of proving it into the future, e.g. astral travel to my backyard in another country and tell me what model my BBQ is without coming here in person.

This is the typical (disrespectful) retort made by cynics; mainly due to their lack of desire to believe in the fantastic unless they can feel it, breathe it and touch it. They fail to realize that there are things in life that can't be defined by said parameters. Even magnetic fields were challenged by "scientists" of old, while ministers saw them as something demonic (of course) it would take centuries before science was able to measure and better understand this strange phenomena of invisible power, simply because understanding and technology had yet to reach the level to understand. Same goes with electricity even though there is evidence that we had harnessed its power as far back as the latter Egyptian dynasties and possibly even prior to that if we're to believe the tale of Moses and the famed Ark of the Covenant.

As I've stated, the majority of what people experience in a OBE is a combination of sub-conscious memory coupled with the imagination filling in the blanks a.k.a. Mental Projection. True "Astral" projection is rare and with a couple of exceptions such as I noted previously, it typically requires a great deal of constant exercise before is able to achieve it; more than not the typical student opens psychic channels that lend to them Clairvoyant (remote viewing) skills -- being able to view things at great distance or "Clairaudient" in which they hear things. This may not be their goal, but it's a tremendous step forward when it comes to personal development.

There are many things in this world alone, science and analytical thinking can't define or explain . . . YET! The skeptic in me believes that we will ultimately find valid answers that support the claim made by the believer vs. assumptions such as presently exist. When it comes to OBE type situations and even it's more advanced forms like Bi-Location, history has numerous examples in which such things are proven our by multiple testimonies/witnesses. That being the case, I'd say that there is a lot more to the claim than the skeptical mind is willing to weigh.
Craig Browning

Postby SydneyPSIder » 14 Sep 2012, 08:01

Alan McDougall wrote:I live in South Africa we call it a Braai from the Afrikaans word bake. We barbecue a lot over here due to the sunny climate.

What you are suggesting I do is known as remote viewing I have tried this with some success in the past but to get the actual type of BBQ you have without knowing anything about you is almost impossible.

Your OP claims to be pretty much a remote viewing of the entire universe, and waxes quite lyrical in part. Is it intended to be an impressionistic work of fiction or of non-fiction? I'm just asking for some hard, corroborating and qualifying evidence of the claims you are making, assuming they are presented as non-fiction and an actual astral travelling experience where you are completely sentient. If you are completely sentient and in the places you claim, it should be a snap to merely travel from SA to, say, Sydney, and tell me what the brand name is on the City of Sydney town hall clock face, for instance. Or any other 'reasonable' test of your claims that cannot be obtained by using accomplices in other countries etc.

My other posts here demonstrate I am far from being a pseudo-sceptic, but I'm not going to entertain mysterious cult-creating or guru-creating posts or what have you without some backing evidence, that's just going to slow down genuine research of people with genuine abilities.

My friend in the US can actually see what other people are seeing halfway around the world and locate them (there's a name for this), so I don't rule that one out -- not sure if she can 'astral travel' anwhere without a person to home in on though.

Sorry to be abrupt, I'm trying to head out the door to an appt, but hopefully that answers Craig's objections also.
SydneyPSIder

Postby SydneyPSIder » 14 Sep 2012, 12:05

Back from the appt. Further, you would ideally do a double-blind test or study where I am also initially blinded, i.e. I would need to identify a landmark or other thing of interest with an attribute that I hadn't yet seen, get any OBE person to 'visit' it astrally and identify the attribute, report back on what it was, and then I could go and check it. It's possible for instance that if I knew what the item was, I could psychically transfer the knowledge to the OBE claimant somehow, so it needs to be double-blinded. An example is the one I've given, is it possible to tell me the brand of the clock in the town hall, because I have not yet seen it or looked for it. Or if I can identify some sort of text somewhere high up on a wall or something, or inside a space, that I need to look at intensely using binoculars or similar. And it also has to be something that an accomplice cannot get to easily in the foreign country, or cannot google easily, or spot in Street View or google Earth.

I'll take silence to mean that it can't be done and a lot of the OBE accounts are an imaginary hoax, and that it is an attempt to mislead gullible people with Christianised Western New Age hogwash for some personal reason, whether for money or just ego gratification or to create an air of mystery for further exploitation for money.

If you couldn't tell, I actually get quite annoyed when false paranormal phenomena and supposedly unimpeachable conclusions about exactly what 'God' is etc are presented as the unflagging truth on the basis of no actual evidence whatsoever. For the same reason, unlike many adults, I haven't read any works of fiction for at least the past 20 years (except the official 9/11 Commission report, perhaps), preferring to take an interest in non-fiction and how the real world works, as there is plenty of stuff there to interest and entertain and understand, and I get extremely ropable when people like James Frey (a poor-quality and consequently struggling writer who falsified 'A Million Little Pieces' solely to sell books) or Robert Kiyosaki (created a non-existent pair of dads in 'Rich Dad Poor Dad' solely to sell books) pass off works of fiction as non-fiction to manipulate people.

The OP is presented as 'how to astral travel or OBE in one easy lesson, try this at home, kids, it's easy!' I would humbly proffer that achieving an OBE in reality is not that easy for most people.

I would hate to think this site just attracts frauds and fakes of the very kind the pseudosceptics regularly expose, looking for an avenue to re-peddle their wares. This does not lend credibility to the psi research movement, or serve to debunk pseudosceptics, rather it just gives them more ammunition and allows them to point to the complete lack of scientific rigour in such accounts and beliefs, and weakens the entire purpose of the forum, whether inadvertently or deliberately.

BBC did something recently showing how so many fairground psychics are just fakes -- Warning -- it's extremely uncomfortable viewing:

SydneyPSIder

Return to Afterlife Research / Ghosts and Spirits