View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

The Neophyte's First Assignment

Discussions about Afterlife Research, Survival Science, Near Death Experiences, Out of Body Experiences, Spirit Communication, Mediumship, Ghosts, Spirits, etc.

The Neophyte's First Assignment

Postby Craig Browning » 21 May 2011, 00:26

Craig Browning

Re: The Neophyte's First Assignment

Postby NinjaPuppy » 23 May 2011, 02:19

Do ghosts bring their own chains or should I keep some around for a proper haunting?
NinjaPuppy

Postby Craig Browning » 24 May 2011, 00:01

According to a UK expert (Mr. C. Dickens) the chains of a ghost represent their transgressions in life; each link of the chain is made from each "sin" or act of inhumanity.
Craig Browning

Postby NinjaPuppy » 24 May 2011, 01:16

Craig Browning wrote:According to a UK expert (Mr. C. Dickens) the chains of a ghost represent their transgressions in life; each link of the chain is made from each "sin" or act of inhumanity.

Does he say if the sins are venial, cardinal, mortal or the seven deadly?
NinjaPuppy

Postby Craig Browning » 24 May 2011, 19:34

Hmmm. . . you might have found the loop-hole used by Dead Lawyers
Craig Browning

Postby tom1111 » 23 Jun 2011, 01:13

hahaa!!, it's funny. isn't it?
Im 26, im male and I love to learn
tom1111

Postby Twain Shakespeare » 28 Sep 2011, 04:26

NinjaPuppy wrote:
Craig Browning wrote:According to a UK expert (Mr. C. Dickens) the chains of a ghost represent their transgressions in life; each link of the chain is made from each "sin" or act of inhumanity.

Does he say if the sins are venial, cardinal, mortal or the seven deadly?

1. Dickens was not Catholic. Might as well ask by muslim standards. That flicked a psychic sore there, Ninja, by playing with the Exorcist view of what sin is. Course, they are the competing theorists of the paranormal.

2. My Dad considered that book to be the highest expression of soft-shell Christianity. I think it may have been when printed, but Narnia beats it, and...
It has been perverted, as CS Lewis said, into the sacred text of "Xianity" and Claus replaces Christ in kindergarten Xianity

3. But, like all sacred texts, it is cherry picked and misunderstood. The sins of Morley and Scrooge were explicitly stated to be the sins of financiers and capitalists. The protestors in NYC should carry signs reading "May You Be Visited by 3 Ghosts" and "Scrooge 7 Morley Reformed--Why Can't you?"

Nice joke, tho
"What's so Funny about Peace, Love, and Understanding?"
Twain Shakespeare

Postby NinjaPuppy » 28 Sep 2011, 05:01

Twain Shakespeare wrote:1. Dickens was not Catholic. Might as well ask by muslim standards. That flicked a psychic sore there, Ninja, by playing with the Exorcist view of what sin is. Course, they are the competing theorists of the paranormal.

Not Catholic but still Christian but not practicing.

TwainS wrote:2. My Dad considered that book to be the highest expression of soft-shell Christianity. I think it may have been when printed, but Narnia beats it, and...
It has been perverted, as CS Lewis said, into the sacred text of "Xianity" and Claus replaces Christ in kindergarten Xianity

"Claus" as you call him does not replace Christ at all. First of all it's believed that Jesus Christ was born in March or July or whenever that comet came into view. His birth had nothing to do with Christmas. Somewhere along the line, someone decided to adopt the pagan ritual of Yule into their own concept of religion. The actual day varies by religion and region.

TwainS wrote:3. But, like all sacred texts, it is cherry picked and misunderstood. The sins of Morley and Scrooge were explicitly stated to be the sins of financiers and capitalists. The protestors in NYC should carry signs reading "May You Be Visited by 3 Ghosts" and "Scrooge 7 Morley Reformed--Why Can't you?"

Dicken's wrote fiction, plain and simple. Any similarities to religion are for pure effect and enjoyment of the reader.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Twain Shakespeare » 28 Sep 2011, 06:58

NinjaPuppy wrote:
Twain Shakespeare wrote:1. Dickens was not Catholic. Might as well ask by muslim standards. That flicked a psychic sore there, Ninja, by playing with the Exorcist view of what sin is. Course, they are the competing theorists of the paranormal.

Not Catholic but still Christian but not practicing.

Shakespeare replies "No blame, friend Ninja. Just commenting.
With a family background of left-wing, sectarian, soft shell baptism, and growing up in a land where most "catolicos" will vehemently state they are not "christian", I have a large grudge against any conflating of Catholicism as the standard by which Christians should be judged. I have always been annoyed by the Hollywood trendency, for example, to turn any Christian authority into a priest in movies. This was exceptionally blatant in the rape of "Contact" (which was otherwise faithfully adapted) where the televangelist with a mind was turned into a jesuit, and the villains made explicitly prot.
I tend to call people out when they equate Pauline bull crap with Christianity."

TwainS wrote:2. My Dad considered that book to be the highest expression of soft-shell Christianity. I think it may have been when printed, but Narnia beats it, and...

Ninja replied to the above " "Claus" as you call him does not replace Christ at all. First of all it's believed that Jesus Christ was born in March or July or whenever that comet came into view. His birth had nothing to do with Christmas. Somewhere along the line, someone decided to adopt the pagan ritual of Yule into their own concept of religion. The actual day varies by religion and region. " [/quote]

I was referencing the views of CS Lewis, Ninja, that aside from the polytheistic perversions of papistry, the greatest misunderstanding of Christianity was what he called "Xianity" whose chief diety was Claus. That prompted me to investigate the marketing of the shopping season under Victoria, at which point, "The Christmas Carol" appears to have originally been a subtle advertisement for Prince Albert's introduction of Xmas trees from his German estates to the Anglosphere. Those two events were the genesis of the change from Christmas from a dreary day of Puritan flagellation to a Holy Day of Mammonism

That covers it. Except that, to the poetic dreamlander Shakespeare part of my mind, which is writing here, literature is not simply literature. "Thou Art God" is a fervent statement of adoration on my part. I can understand people who read only one book believing it is God's word, and in the dream world Shakespeare lives in, most Americans are living by the Mammon myth of Xmas Claus or the Reagan myth that GI Jebus loves us. I prefer to go to Lewis' or MLK's room when I visit that mansion.

This is all Shakespeare. Twain needs his meds, and is sorry he is so bad at using "quotes".
"What's so Funny about Peace, Love, and Understanding?"
Twain Shakespeare

Return to Afterlife Research / Ghosts and Spirits