[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Flying Pigasus/Stundie awards : PseudoSkeptic Fallacies - Page 2 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Flying Pigasus/Stundie awards

Discuss PseudoSkeptics and their Fallacies. Share strategies for debating them.

Re: Flying Pigasus/Stundie awards

Postby ciscop » 27 Apr 2010, 10:59

well

i honestly hope you get that ability (or anyone else)
but i highly doubt it, not because of my thoughts on tk
but because you dont even practice at all
2 times in a 2 months??... common!..
you are not even trying!
what´s up with that?

which makes me thing, deep down, even you believe is bunk.
if ill take a guess..
you wanna keep selfdeceiving yourself cherry picking the lucky times it moved
is gotta be awful sitting there ¨concentrating¨ on moving the psiwheel while nothing happens
do it the uri geller way and get a magnet and be done with it

let´s play disney´s SPAM BLOCK role here:
so why arent you practicing? what keeps you from doing it? when do you plan to get good at it? 5years? 10years? never?
as nerdy as it sounds, i practice card sleights for hours, if i believe tk was real and all the world told me how dumb my passion was i would be practicing every day, not only to prove them wrong, but because i get a lot of fun of practicing and getting good at something..

but well.. you have admited the psi wheel could move alone.. so..
at least i hope you get good at self deceiveing yourself
go Nuke go! :mrgreen:

by the way
i also have witnessed some ubelievable tk stuff
my wallet, my keys or my watch always end up in different places in my house
i can almost swear i put them on the same spot i always left them.. but they
end up in the garage, the front door or over the aquarium
i can do this stunt on the mornings exclusively.. while i am waking up with a hangover...
i could give the jref a run for their money
but those cheap bastards wont paid the pub bills the night before the challenge
so i am currently looking for a sponsor :lol:
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby NucleicAcid » 27 Apr 2010, 11:47

While I think the JREF would find your "blackout teleportation" phenomena hilarious, I don't think it's that "paranormal."

I don't have much time to practice because I have a lot of school work and I'm rather scattered most of the time and it usually takes me a good half hour just to settle down, and I'll usually practice for an hour. You are right, I should practice more.

The thing about cherry picking the lucky times it moves is that I consciously look for this, and won't give myself credit unless I know it was a significant movement. The one thing that pisses me off is people that very clearly have wind currents or something and trick themselves into thinking it's telekinesis.

I usually practice with two identical wheels and go for targeted control, that way distributing any environmental factors so that they should affect both pretty evenly. I also use mini-wind-socks and vibration detectors to make sure there are no forces. I told you, I'm really scientific about the whole matter. I've moved it twice under containment, but it is psychologically a lot harder.

The problem with practice is I have to really kick my ass in order to get myself to do any sort of routine. Running, working out, doing my homework on time, meditating, TK, it all lasts about 2 weeks, and I just forget to keep doing it. Weird quirk that my brain has. But this is rather important to me, as it gives me reason to think this whole thing isn't a load of crock, and even if it isn't real, at least it's a good focus training aid XD (my focus is erratic...it's either way diffuse, or locked on to something and I can't change it).
Hey, you there. Yes, you.

If what I say sounds like the teacher from Charlie Brown (Wah wahh woohh wuh waah), then you should try college. It's fun, and only costs you your soul and several tens of thousands of dollars. :)

“I agree that by the standards of any other area of science that remote viewing is proven“ - Richard Wiseman

Let's make directional hypotheses, test them repeatedly, replicate experiments, and publish results! Yay, science!
NucleicAcid

Postby ciscop » 27 Apr 2010, 13:52

well...

Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration.
Thomas A. Edison

get into that psiwheel thing
that excuse of "not training" is getting old

if you achieve that youll change the way the world thinks
but.. nah.. who wants to do that? is way better to debate with skeptics that want to burst your bubble
right? yes!. that will show them! :lol:
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby NucleicAcid » 27 Apr 2010, 20:34

Yawn. I'm getting a little bored of this forum anyways. It's a little lame when there are like...5 active people and people mostly insult each other. >.>
NucleicAcid

Postby ProfWag » 27 Apr 2010, 20:44

ProfWag

Postby ciscop » 28 Apr 2010, 01:38

lets see...
Nucleic, Nostradamus, ProfWag, NP and me..
i think that´s it

scescop comes every once in a while to post overhyped youtube videos that are way to boring to see

before we had kevin kane and h2
but a moderator banned them

personally i prefer having more people
we are not on the moment to have the luxury of banning people
but well..
ciscop

Postby NucleicAcid » 28 Apr 2010, 04:38

Pretty much. And no one here really has any intent on changing their worldviews (though I would give up on psi if I felt the evidence was drying up), which is ironic to the purpose of this website.

If what I say sounds like the teacher from Charlie Brown (Wah wahh woohh wuh waah), then you should try college. It's fun, and only costs you your soul and several tens of thousands of dollars. :)

“I agree that by the standards of any other area of science that remote viewing is proven“ - Richard Wiseman

Let's make directional hypotheses, test them repeatedly, replicate experiments, and publish results! Yay, science!
NucleicAcid

Postby ProfWag » 28 Apr 2010, 20:34

ProfWag

Postby ciscop » 29 Apr 2010, 00:04

me too
but somehow i think i do have higher standars than believers
for me a pen falling is not a sign of tk for example
ciscop

Postby ProfWag » 29 Apr 2010, 01:34

ProfWag

Postby ciscop » 29 Apr 2010, 04:41

definetly!!!

of course if i wanted to give the impression i could do that
(not saying thats the only way, but that would be my solution)
i would use this baby
http://www.outlaw-effects.com/store/gol ... arted.html
ciscop

Postby jakesteele » 01 May 2010, 11:32

Debunkers think all UFO photos are fake,
especially the real ones.
jakesteele

Postby jakesteele » 01 May 2010, 11:43

Debunkers think all UFO photos are fake,
especially the real ones.
jakesteele

Postby ciscop » 02 May 2010, 01:41

????

dude
you are the one that says a monk can fly

who´s the one behind?
im sure it isnt me
ciscop

Postby NucleicAcid » 04 May 2010, 11:26

Thank you, Jake. :)

NucleicAcid

PreviousNext

Return to PseudoSkeptic Fallacies