[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
My Debate on Atheist Nexus : PseudoSkeptic Fallacies • SCEPCOP Forum
View Active Topics          View Your Posts
Switch to desktop style
Discuss PseudoSkeptics and their Fallacies. Share strategies for debating them.
Post a reply

My Debate on Atheist Nexus

25 Sep 2009, 11:38

I've been taking on a pack of atheist material reductionist skeptics on a Facebook group called "Atheist Nexus". I started a thread there called:

Consciousness - its Origin and Properties

http://www.atheistnexus.org/forum/topic ... 1#comments

I wanted to have a rational discussion of the Morphic Resonance and Morphogenetic Field theories postulated by Dr. Rupert Sheldrake. I challenged the material reductionists to prove their thesis that consciousness originates entirely from within the brain... but instead of a rational discussion, you will find just about every fallacy and ad hominem tactic described in the SCEPCOP thesis being used against me. I think I've held up rather well and made some excellent points... but I'm sick of their arrogant, bigoted double-standard of so-called scientific "proof".

Re: My Debate on Atheist Nexus

03 Oct 2009, 03:57

hi heidi - well that's skeptics for you :lol: - they are on the whole the same world over - some are more venomous than others - but basically conform to the same behavioral patterns

science ,ah the great and infallible science :roll: (- not like they have not got things wrong before ) - the problem you have to remember with adherents of "science" per Ce is that they only "KNOW " what they have been taught - most seem incapable of straying away from "perceived wisdom " - and thinking beyond that is usually not a sport they enjoy much , mainly because like many people in the world they have a "motive" and that is to ensure their funding ( vis jobs ) - and to be seen as good little boys and girls who wont rock the boat too much ( or in the case of the armchair Pskeptics , have a little TOO much "faith" in the pronouncements of science ,which to them is akin to a religion and any deviancy from it akin to heresy )

like wise our pseudo skeptics - only KNOW what they have been taught or what doctrine they have had forced upon them and again outside the box thinking is not a pastime they enjoy

the great thing is that we free thinkers - ponderers - whatever you want to call us ( oh sorry i forgot - woo's :roll: ) can and do consider all possibilities AND also are able to say "well WE disagree with science and think x is more likely the case or at least more possibly the case " - after all even the most RAMPENT Pskeptic can not disagree with this following statement :

of course they will try and say that the mere concept of ONLY one person out of the millions on the planet , actually knowing that truth is impossible , and of course if that truth does not happen to be in line with what they have been taught or believe ( and we have to remember that skeptics are as "MUCH " believers in a lot of ways as the "believers" are , if that makes sense )

so at the end of the day Heidi - you have to make your own judgements on what is that truth and be satisfied with that - if you go looking for confirmation of that judgement - then you will invariably meet up ( or fall foul ) of those with contra interpretations of that truth - its called holding an "opinion" and you have sometimes to defend that against all comers - regardless of how isolated that makes you feel , FOR if you get swayed by the views of others too much you are only pandering to THEIR version of the truth - for the sake of a quiet life or "fitting in "

as always just my opinion

oh and for the record - mind ( or essence or soul ) and brain ?? - two different entities ;)

regards

03 Oct 2009, 10:58

04 Oct 2009, 10:55

15 Oct 2009, 10:58

15 Oct 2009, 14:06

15 Oct 2009, 20:06

Didn't of that brett. I certainly have strong faith that the truth and politicians are separate and distinct.
Post a reply