[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Confused on what a skeptic is? : PseudoSkeptic Fallacies • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Confused on what a skeptic is?

Discuss PseudoSkeptics and their Fallacies. Share strategies for debating them.

Confused on what a skeptic is?

Postby Scepcop » 04 Nov 2014, 16:22

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: Confused on what a skeptic is?

Postby Boo boo » 23 Dec 2014, 05:34

I used to read only fluffy New Age websites and I was 100% convinced that there's an afterlife after reading those. Until I went to skeptical sites. They were all saying that it's all wishful thinking, fear based, and unscientific. After that I thought that there was 0 evidence for an afterlife, ghosts ect. I became really depressed over it.

And when I saw supernatural and afterlife movies on TV, I got even more upset because I thought "The people in those movies have something that we don't: Eternal souls and afterlives." I got so upset to the point I didn't want to watch them anymore.

Then I started looking for real answers not just fluffy rabbit ones that you find on new age websites. I learned to read both sides of those things, not just the ones that fit your beliefs. I'm actually glad that I encountered those skeptics. Now I can tell the difference between answers and fluffy answers.

Just throwing it all out there. :D
Boo boo

Postby Scepcop » 25 Dec 2014, 22:28

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Boo boo » 26 Dec 2014, 04:01

I'm open-minded now. After seeing this spoof of Victor Zammit's website, I can't really take Zammit seriously. But I do like that NDE website.

Here's the spoof http://www.aaskolnick.com/dammit :?

I recommend this site http://www.near-death.com

Are you the one who posts on this blog? http://ncu9nc.blogspot.com
Boo boo

Return to PseudoSkeptic Fallacies