View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

The Disturbing Truth about Your Life (Read at your own risk)

Discuss Philosophical or Psychological subjects and topics.

Re: The Disturbing Truth about Your Life (Read at your own r

Postby Craig Browning » 13 Dec 2010, 01:00

I always believed that a human being was happy until someone else came along and told him/her that they weren't happy. You can't miss something that you never had. If you believe that you are free, then you are.

Brother, you just said a mouth full! Sort of...

Those of us that have inherited the Westernized way of viewing life do not have the advantages our more primal ancestors had before the idea of "status" and "possession" came into being. Though this "Caste" like idea can be found the world over, we can likewise find scenarios of uncanny tribal-cultural peace in those regions where the people simply learned how to share, learn from and support one another in a communal manner. That is to say, they do not allow possessions or responsibility (such as being a leader, teacher, tribal wise one, etc.) to influence them... incite their egos. Grace was/is their way of being.

Anthropology has proven this particular "problem" more than a few dozen times based on ancient communities discovered as well as those survival aboriginal groups that remain untouched by "westerners" (who are few and far between... I believe NatGeo lists less than 12 known "study groups" that fit this mold in different parts of the planet). What we know, is that the instant "Missionaries" (the prime culprits) step into the world of these "Savages" jealousy, greed, distrust, and war are soon to follow (along with all kinds of disease, acts of oppression, destruction of their culture...) :idea: Oh! and for those that would lean upon biblical perspectives, the Old Testament outlines this same exact mode of communal living; an idea echoed by Jesus in latter years but side-stepped by Paul and subsequent "Christian" authors.

Ignoring these facts there is another untold truth when it comes to those clowns that tell us we're unhappy... "Misery Loves Company"... most of these people aren't happy themselves, though they project unique confidence and joy in public. Catching them off-guard and behind the scenes typically reveals a very dark and disturbing side. Ignoring the fraud (hypocrisy) that can be found by the God Sellers (evangelists that target young people 16-35), the majority of those we see out there with the new book, video, or talk show on some obscure network (typically on-line now days... YouTube :roll: ) are in it for their own glory; they think that "going through the motions" on the outside, will help "fix" them when the only fix they get is a temporary high; what all social vampires get and which becomes "nothing" quickly... just a drug. If you watch them or study their careers, you will see them becoming more and more bitter with age as well as "snobbish"... I'll not mention names but there are two major New Age gurus I knew before they skyrocketed to fame in the 80's and after... their attitudes shifted grossly, and not in a good way when their careers and popularity went into decline.

As a society we teach our children selfishness and the lie of "deserving more" -- we encourage them to "take" and "get" no matter what! Granted, we don't see it that way, but just look at the greed and insistence of instant gratification in today's young person's element... even their parents, the 3rd generation of post war marketing, don't fully comprehend "need" over "want"... they have learned to equate value in both, themselves and others, based on what what they have, who they know, and what they might be able to get via those relationships rather than how much they can actually give back to life.

I know I'm rambling a bit but this is a multifaceted can of worms that I've been looking at a lot recently and it PISSES ME OFF! :twisted:
Craig Browning

Postby NinjaPuppy » 13 Dec 2010, 20:23

Excellent post Craig. BRAVO!
NinjaPuppy

Postby Scepcop » 14 Dec 2010, 16:00

ProfWag wrote:
Scepcop wrote:You are comparing America with small fascist countries. Try comparing it with Holland, or Russia, or the Philippines. People experience far more freedom there. I can go on for hours about it, and so can my friends.

Most Europeans can cite many specific examples of how America has less freedoms than they have. But that's another topic.

Before I get started, let my just mention how ironic it is that I spent 24 years of my life in the military, supporting the fight for freedom that allows you to say whatever the hell you want.
Okay, back on topic.
I'm comparing America with Italy, England, Portugal, Germany, Poland, Austria, Qatar, Iraq, Afghanistan, Slovenia, Tunisia, France, Croatia, and a slew of other countries for which I have first-hand knowledge of.
As for the Phillipines, Russia, etc., what do you consider freedom? Perhaps my view of freedom is different from yours? For example, the following quotes are from the 2010 Index of Economic Freedom:
"The Philippines is weak in business freedom, investment freedom, property rights, and freedom from corruption. The government imposes formal and non-formal barriers to foreign investment. Reflecting a lack of domestic economic dynamism, the Philippines still relies heavily on remittances from abroad. The judicial system remains weak and vulnerable to political influence."
Additionally:
"The government’s failure to do anything substantial to liberalize the economy has set back efforts to attract much-needed foreign investment in basic industries and infrastructure, and the Philippines continues a long slide from being one of Asia’s richest economies to being one of its poorest."
Further:
"The government influences prices through state-owned enterprises and utilities and controls the prices of electricity distribution, water, telecommunications, and most transportation services. Price ceilings are usually imposed on basic commodities only in emergencies, and presidential authority to impose controls to check inflation or ease social tension is rarely exercised."
Finally:
"The judicial system is weak. Judges are nominally independent, but some are corrupt or have been appointed strictly for political reasons. Organized crime is a serious problem. Despite some progress, enforcement of intellectual property rights remains problematic."
So, once again, I think we should possibly discuss what we each consider "freedom." You first...

ProfWag, dude, I have trouble believing that you are well traveled. I know many expats and they all feel that they have more freedom outside the US. You were in the military, so you were controlled. You didn't have the freedom to immerse yourself in the foreign cultures.

I see no evidence that you are well traveled, since all you spout is the US media's propaganda version of things. It's like you live in the Chuck Norris world Delta Force where the whole world is enslaved in fascism and only America has any freedom. No well traveled person thinks that.

On the other hand, look at my expat advisor, who is a close friend of mine. He speaks 10 languages, and has been to over 30 countries LONG TERM, spending years in many of them (not as a two week tourist). Look at his blog and you will see that his cultural and expatriate observations and insights are unsurpassed and unparalleled:

http://expatriateobservations.blogspot.com

Look at his blog and the depth of his cultural analyses. Can you compare your naive propaganda observations to that? NO WAY! This guy is well respected on my other forum as a Socrates of International Living and Culture. People pay him to have private consultation with him too.

The thing is, he agrees and concurs with the majority of my views, though he understands the relative nature of much of life.

The bottom line is, you have no proof of credentials or insight ProfWag. You just talk and spout typical cliched propaganda that Chuck Norris movies do, which is dumbed down for the masses and appeals to the lowest common denominator. LOL. Sorry if that's insulting. Just calling it like I see it.

One more thing about what "freedom" means to me and my friends ProgWag. Read this post on my other forum where a poster explains why he feels TRUER freedom in the third world. It is long, yes, but deep and genuine from the heart. Perhaps you will learn from it, if you bother to click on it that is.

http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... 6518#26518

Sorry if I've insulted you ProfWag. But please open your mind and read the info I posted to you above. No hard feelings.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 14 Dec 2010, 16:17

I agree with one thing Craig. Many people PRETEND to be happy. In public and around others, they say that "life is great and wonderful" and always act optimistic. But behind closed doors, they look depressed and moody, which you will find out if you make an unannounced visit to their home. lol

As someone said, "We never grow up. We just learn how to act in public."

Thus the face we project to the world tends to be a facade. There is no denying that there is a lot of fakeness and pretentiousness in society.

Arouet, yes freedom is relative. There is no win-win situation for everybody or perfect solution. What about the solutions that the Libertarian Party suggests for all of us? Do you agree with it? Is it a workable system?

Maybe we can all be free, as I want, but we are conditioned to think it's impossible by the powers that don't want us to be free? How do you know whether hierarchies are necessary? Maybe they aren't? Maybe if we were all awakened they would not be necessary? Maybe that is just a fear mongering excuse and you've bought it? Ever think of that?

Freedom depends on what you want too, for if you are restrained from doing or getting what you want, then you won't FEEL free. If you want to smoke badly for example, but aren't allowed to smoke anywhere, then you won't feel free. If you are, then you will feel more free, whereas someone who has no desire to smoke will not feel like their freedom is taken away if smoking becomes banned. Simple logic.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 14 Dec 2010, 16:25

Craig Browning wrote:As a society we teach our children selfishness and the lie of "deserving more" -- we encourage them to "take" and "get" no matter what! Granted, we don't see it that way, but just look at the greed and insistence of instant gratification in today's young person's element... even their parents, the 3rd generation of post war marketing, don't fully comprehend "need" over "want"... they have learned to equate value in both, themselves and others, based on what what they have, who they know, and what they might be able to get via those relationships rather than how much they can actually give back to life.

You mean the current young generation, correctly labeled "Generation Me"? They are called the entitlement generation. Check out these links about the narcissism and entitlement mentality of today's young:

http://gbgm-umc.org/global_news/pr.cfm? ... N=61059374

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/news/artic ... 4/12qa.htm

http://www.narcissismepidemic.com/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... sness.html
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 14 Dec 2010, 16:47

Btw people, this essay was not intended to be a scientific essay. But a figurative essay about the state of existence in general, or how one perceives it after a long quest of truth seeking. Incidentally and not surprisingly, many folks in the David Icke Forum and the ATS Forum agreed with this essay and said they've felt the same way for ages.
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 14 Dec 2010, 17:37

Here are some new paragraphs I added to the essay:

You see, there's a reason why society is set up so that you don't have much free time. In your youth, school keeps you busy and preoccupied. In your adult life, work keeps you busy on the treadmill. And in your spare time, the mainstream media holds your attention with the official version of things. The reason for all this is that if you have too much free time to think about everything - life, existence, the world, etc. - you will eventually realize that you are a slave on a prison planet (ala Alex Jones' PrisonPlanet.com) and that most of what you are told is hogwash, lies and gross distortions. That's the scary part, that with too much free time comes a lot of disturbing but liberating truths, not just in terms of conspiracies, but about the nature of your existence itself. Thus, we are kept from all that by a society that keeps us busy and distracted, for most of us cannot handle the truth. Plus it is not in the interests of the powers that rule us to let us know the truth either, for whatever reason, so they keep us in a state of Zeitgeist (illusion).

Here is an important lesson. Truth is not something that's handed to you on a silver platter (and this not only goes for the mainstream media, but for the alternative media and conspiracy culture as well). It is something you gotta DIG for constantly, and even then, you will only get fragments of it. The problem is that most assume that truth is handed to you on a silver platter by your media and education establishment, and thus is simply the official version of things that we are told. The trick is to set yourself free from that. Therefore, it's smart and progressive to question things, even cherished beliefs. When you do, you often find that the official version of things is often not the truth. That is the disturbing but liberating realization that you come to eventually. It's a painful process, but once it's done, you will be glad you did, for nothing beats the value of freedom.
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 14 Dec 2010, 19:49

Check out these amazing and eloquent responses to my essay on the ATS forum:

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thr ... id10120114

1000 flags and trillion stars.

I celebrate slavery. It is amazing how successfully they are managing us. We love our owners (dictators). We wave flags and cheer and cry when they get elected.

The system is too sophisticated to hate it. There should be like 10 million social scientists studying how society is enslaved and how is it that most of us do not know anything about it

there is nothing wrong with those things but how normal is this? how many people in the world can actually sustain our life style? how many people have to suffer because we are the driving force to the companies that exploit them? we go to work for companies that have lost sight of what is important but they pretend they value your life.

i worked for texas instruments for a little bit as a contractor... they made it a huge deal that everybody was family and had all these "family" events and blah blah blah we're all happy cause we are performing well, we gained and increased our skill, we enjoyed time off with nice vacations, people started families bought houses, cars and/or watched their children grow up.... everything was perfect because T.I was making money.... then comes x-mas 01... they laid everybody off that they could with out saying a word... a couple of weeks before x-mas... so all these perfect little "free" worlds were destroyed in seconds, then only to be REHIRED after the new year. So why would a corp. do this? so they wouldn't have to give their "family" any benifits. No x-mas bonus. No Job. Nothing. They could care less that you performed well... here's a cookie, good job now get out.. haha

so back to the point of your list of resp. that you see as liberating... they only things that are worth living for is making friends and making babies... the rest is just brain washed jibberish... We are not sheep, we are just simply blinded by ignorance... the world around is dying as you are reading this, a baby is dying in a mothers arms in a country exploited by ours... our perfect little world is an illusion because the way we live is not real.. the world is really not like this, america.... we are slaves living on the backs of other slaves... people put on jewlery and pump their gas and have no clue who as suffered or died to bring them these things...

its not that we are slaves and not know it, we do know. that is why there are sights like ats, but rather we are slaves driving a team of slaves. how many of you realizne this? we are consumers with an appetite for materialistic stuff worst than hitler had for the jews. why do i use hitler? because our consumation is killing people directly and we don't even see it...

but let's just say we wake up and we are on our masters side... yay lets exploit the world.. yes we are now on their side... now would u be angry if you found out that even though you are "good" slave, that your master was secretly killing you and your children... the food we eat is nothing more than poison... bpa in almost all of the plastics that we touch... asbestos, paxil, accutane, all current lawsuits that show that our "masters" did not do their research to protect us... they could care less if we die as long as we live long enough to make them some money... the people on this side of the fence are the worst because they can't even comprehend the fact that their masters don't care about them either...

bottom line is this... we are all slaves to our masters and no matter how we look at it, they do not care about you or me or you or you. NONE OF YOU, but go ahead keep your hobby and nice ride and keep that pretty smile on your face. at least you got a piece of paper with some monetary units on it and a pat on the back. the only thing important in life is the love we have for our families and friends. the rest is irrelevant and can live with out, but take away my family and i am nothing

http://abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread639081/pg5

There is much truth in what you have written. Most are sleepwalking, even those who's life appears better than most and feel that all is well for them. However, as you alluded to, there is an awakening taking place as some who have taken the time to pursue truth, are indeed finding it.

There is a spiritual ascension emerging on this planet. Those "controllers", whomever and whatever they are, live off fear. Replacing fear based thinking with love based thinking is the ultimate "red pill". Connecting to the universal source, intending and manifesting your thoughts, feelings, emotions, words, and actions changes the game and creates and allows "freedom" amidst the controlled constructed enslaving chaos. It, however, is not an easy road to undertake. Indeed is it choosing the "narrow path". The hardest thing is to be "awake" and see all those who are not. It requires the ultimate compassion to " love" them unconditionally and remain open as a source of their enlightenment.

Some of us have incarnated at this time to be the freeing forces necessary to reveal the truth; the truth about our collective oneness; the truth about our ability to usurp the power from the ancient controllers and emerge as a new evolved universal entity. The change has begun and it grows stronger as we hurtle toward our destiny with the end of our earthly presession. Remain free and open. Change is all around us. We truly are all one.

And a nice PM I received on the ATS Forum:

Hello there,

I just wanted to personally tell you that I have been awake for about a year now realizing what is going on in this world. At first I didn't want to believe it, but it is so true. Its sad that when I talk to regular people in my life, well for the most part they think I'm out of my mind, yet I think I'm perfectly sane for thinking and believing what you just threw out there on that post.

I guess the saddest part for me is I am not happy, I am not where I want to be..I am a former marine and have been busting my butt off in school for the last year...for what/???? so i can work for corporate america and slave away 60 hours a week, I'm miserable even thinking that.

I want to live off the grid, in a self sustainable community...wich my own power, food, water, waste disposal, I don't want any influence of gov't or rely on anyone except myself and the people I trust around me.

Just wanted to say thanks for posting about the truth, these people atleast need to wakeup to find themselves...everyone is so messed up beyond repair I think sometimes...but maybe not. Only time will tell.

Take care my fellow human being!

And props to you for being awake and aware.... keep playing the game until you can get away!
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby ProfWag » 14 Dec 2010, 20:38

Scepcop, have you ever thought about getting out of the house, away from your computer, and going for a walk in nature? Smell the wild flowers, listen to the birds sing, enjoy the innocence of a pair of young deer dancing around, feel the warmth of the sun, or simply getting some fresh air? Regardless of what you think of the world's conspiracies or brainwashing, this world can be a beautiful place if you would just get out and enjoy it once in a while.
ProfWag

Postby Scepcop » 14 Dec 2010, 20:40

Look what someone on the David Icke forum revealed about that dick Anderson Cooper on CNN. haha

http://davidicke.com/forum/showthread.p ... 189&page=2

Originally Posted by wwu777 View Post
Do any of you ever get annoyed by Anderson Cooper's smirk on his face? He has that "everything outside the box is bullshit" type of look on his face, which is the total antithesis of truth and freethinking. Ever notice that? It's annoying isn't it? I can't stand seeing him. He like is the total opposite of everything we stand for. He is like 100 percent herd mentality. Ick.

I can't stand that little shit. One of my friends used to work in media and actually worked with him for a couple years. She said he's about the biggest prick you've ever met. He's self-absorbed and his false humility was what really grated on her nerves.

She says he's the fakest person she's ever met. Keep in mind she worked with Wolf Blitzer too. :)

I don't know if you know it or not, but Cooper is, "the younger son of the writer Wyatt Emory Cooper and heiress Gloria Vanderbilt, and is a great-great-great-grandson of Cornelius Vanderbilt of the prominent Vanderbilt shipping and railroad fortune."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anderson_Cooper

No wonder he made it to where he is and why he is such an ass.
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 14 Dec 2010, 20:41

ProfWag wrote:Scepcop, have you ever thought about getting out of the house, away from your computer, and going for a walk in nature? Smell the wild flowers, listen to the birds sing, enjoy the innocence of a pair of young deer dancing around, feel the warmth of the sun, or simply getting some fresh air? Regardless of what you think of the world's conspiracies or brainwashing, this world can be a beautiful place if you would just get out and enjoy it once in a while.

I did that earlier today, thank you very much. And afterward, my mind felt more clearer to write more "truths" hahaha :)
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby ProfWag » 14 Dec 2010, 21:41

Scepcop wrote:
ProfWag wrote:Scepcop, have you ever thought about getting out of the house, away from your computer, and going for a walk in nature? Smell the wild flowers, listen to the birds sing, enjoy the innocence of a pair of young deer dancing around, feel the warmth of the sun, or simply getting some fresh air? Regardless of what you think of the world's conspiracies or brainwashing, this world can be a beautiful place if you would just get out and enjoy it once in a while.

I did that earlier today, thank you very much. And afterward, my mind felt more clearer to write more "truths" hahaha :)

Sometimes, I gotta just shake my head at you...
ProfWag

Postby derrida » 14 Dec 2010, 22:21

Scepcop wrote:Btw people, this essay was not intended to be a scientific essay. But a figurative essay about the state of existence in general, or how one perceives it after a long quest of truth seeking. Incidentally and not surprisingly, many folks in the David Icke Forum and the ATS Forum agreed with this essay and said they've felt the same way for ages.

David Icke Forum agree to this?
so you mean you have the support of people that believe in interdimensional shapeshifting lizards that rule the world?
yep.. you are right.. it is not surpirising you got their support
i will go there to find supporters for my Cube-Earth theory..
derrida

Postby Scepcop » 15 Dec 2010, 01:17

Here are two paragraphs I added to the essay to close it with a nice touch. I chose to close it in a profound manner similar to the ending of The Zeitgeist Movie :)

Now, no one is asking you to go out there and awaken or change the world. That would be an unfair burden. But if you can help or awaken even 2 or 3 people among your family and friends, and show them that they can free themselves from living in fear, then you will have done your part and made a difference. If we all do that, and those we help in turn help others, then our awakening will multiply exponentially. You can start of course, by forwarding this essay to everyone you know, to help plant some seeds. :)

The biggest lie that the controllers tell us is this: They want us to believe that without a ruling hierarchical structure, chaos will erupt and looting will occur everywhere. Therefore, we need to be controlled, like animals. This is pure fearmongering, and nothing could be further from the truth. In reality, a population with an awakened consciousness will be fit to rule themselves without the need for coercion by dictatorial rulers and governments. But society has done everything it can to keep us from awakening, keeping us in a state of fear consciousness and stress instead. They don't want us to know the nature of our true power and what we are. But we are consciousness, and we can change that by simply making a choice. The future of the world is in our hands. Will you choose fear or love?
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Arouet » 15 Dec 2010, 01:24

Scepcop wrote:The biggest lie that the controllers tell us is this: They want us to believe that without a ruling hierarchical structure, chaos will erupt and looting will occur everywhere. Therefore, we need to be controlled, like animals. This is pure fearmongering, and nothing could be further from the truth. In reality, a population with an awakened consciousness will be fit to rule themselves without the need for coercion by dictatorial rulers and governments. But society has done everything it can to keep us from awakening, keeping us in a state of fear consciousness and stress instead. They don't want us to know the nature of our true power and what we are. But we are consciousness, and we can change that by simply making a choice. The future of the world is in our hands. Will you choose fear or love?

AHHHHH! Now we're getting somewhere! The hint of an alternate system. Ok, so get specific: what would this system look like? How would it be set up? How would tasks be assigned? What would happen if someone didn't want to do their assigned task? What kind of rules would this system have? Who would determine these rules? Would there be any rules? If there were rules, how would they be monitored? How would we determine whether a rule was broken? What would the consequences be? How would resources be allocated? Who would do it?

Ok, those questions should do to start.
Arouet

PreviousNext

Return to Philosophy / Psychology