[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Human Flying : Spirituality / Spiritual Teachings - Page 2 • SCEPCOP Forum
View Active Topics          View Your Posts
Switch to desktop style
Discuss Spirituality, Share Spiritual Teachings and Lessons.
Post a reply

Re: Human Flying

07 Jun 2010, 22:51

07 Jun 2010, 23:32

I just want to point out, because I have a really bad habit
of always giving a reason for whatever I state. It is perhaps
my training as a philosopher and logician. I stated in the previous
post the many assumptions and beliefs you already have. I am going
to point them out.

1. Materialism
You believe that everything is physical matter. How do you know this?
All we can say is that we receive sensory impressions from something
external to us, which is then organized by our minds into a coherent whole
which we then perceive as reality. What we don't actually know is that this
external thing is physical and solid matter.

2. Epiphenomenalism
You believe that mind is just produced by the brain. How do you know this?
All we can say is that the mind and brain are correlated, because both have
the power to affect one another, we cannot say anything about causality.
Moreover, the assumption fails because of the illogicality of a physical stuff
producing a non physical stuff.

3. Realism
You believe that we are in a real world. How do you know this? All we can say
is that we access the external world by means of our consciousness. Thus everything
is predicated on consciousness, it itself is not a predicate. This consciousness
also gives us access to dream worlds. If you accept the waking world as real
because it is external, then the dream world is also real because it is external.
How do you know it isn't?

4. Positivism
You believe in scientific constructs as real things. How do you know this? All
that we can say about scientific constructs is they are theoretical constructs,
explanations of things, not the things themselves. Moreover,they are explanation
of perceptual things, not the things in themselves before perception takes place.
"Space-time" is no more real than "force, electricity and quarks" Moreover, you only
believe in some scientific constructs. You seem to know nothing about constucts in
quantum physics, or string theory which contadict realism and materialism.

In short, taking all those beliefs and assumptions in totality, you believe in a scientific
religion of materialism. In principle, no different to a believer in any other religion. I
hope you can critically evaluate your own beliefs.

07 Jun 2010, 23:46

have you ever seen a guy levitating or you just like to believe it is possible?

07 Jun 2010, 23:54

08 Jun 2010, 00:04

so you do astral travel?
that´s pretty cool
can you do it on command?
or does it only happen a couple of times, like random?

and no it is not a reasoned believe
it is like me saying i believe in fairies because a couple of girls in england saw them
it is not a reasoned believe. we are humans, we have never proved to posses such power.
if nobody has seen those masters perform, then it is just faith and wishful thinking.

08 Jun 2010, 02:43

08 Jun 2010, 04:04

08 Jun 2010, 04:18

08 Jun 2010, 04:35

hahahaha
being rational is not a reason of faith nor a religion, believing somebody can fly without seeing it it is

and yes i did experience astral travel
that was way back when i was reading one of shirley mcclaine books
althought i do believe it was just a dream and nothing more
(it has happened a few times ever since)
i do enjoy them, i do think they are awesome
but they are dreams

08 Jun 2010, 06:02

ciscop,

Then you are closer than you think to validating
the existence of spiritual realities and higher dimensions.
In a sense you are right that astral travel is a dream, all
dreams indeed take place in the astral plane and are just as
real as waking experiences taking place in the physical plane.

As it has the characteristic of reality it is possible to have objectivity
in the astral plane. In the same way you you have a body in the waking
plane, you have one in the astral plane and have an objective access to
the astral world, where you can interact with others. This is no less real
than the physical plane.

You can do astral experiments that will give you validation. For instance
you can place in a sealed box some object, such as a randomly selected playing
card and then you can astral travel look at the hidden playing card, and come back
and verify it is indeed the same. A more simpler experiment is to spy on your friends
or family listen to what they are saying in the astral, return to waking and then verify
it. A third type of experiment where you can interact with somebody in the astral plane,
and then later in waking you can confirm the interaction took place.

These experiments have already been done by scientists researching astral travel and
positive results have been found for the reality of astral travel.

08 Jun 2010, 06:39

i will like to take a look at those experiments

well sure i do hope that i am actually doing that
leaving the body and all that
it does feel like a fantastic experience
when you wake up, you feel awesome
but i think thats pretty much because flying is my version of a teenager´s wet dream
i love the idea of flying

and the problem with doing that of the playing card is that i never know when ill have one of those experiences,
it is not like it happens once a month, it happened to me like less than 10 times in the past 10 years
but i guess it is worth the try

08 Jun 2010, 07:01

08 Jun 2010, 21:35

08 Jun 2010, 23:05

08 Jun 2010, 23:35

Post a reply