Sponsors: Expat Living Forum

View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Mobile Version          Join Mailing List

65 years without a meal nor a drink!

Discuss Spirituality, Share Spiritual Teachings and Lessons.

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby Scepcop » June 20th, 2010, 6:02 am

Share |

coolnwarm wrote:
coolnwarm wrote:Please tell Alex, he's lost the debate and is being dishonest now. His argument is worth nothing anymore.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7YNkjiHNxY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7YNkjiHNxY

Skeptic Alex clearly loses here. But as a typical evil-Skeptic, he won't bow down due to false ego.
Even when skeptics lose pathetically, they hate to admit it. This is a common trait found in them.
They will do everything to keep on twisting their points to wriggle out of their lost position instead of humbly accepting it.
lol

Why don't you invite Alex to this forum and this thread, so we can set him straight? :)
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby ProfWag » June 21st, 2010, 6:19 am

coolnwarm wrote:Double standards, hypocrisy, lies dishonesty and false ego trip = SKEPTIC.

I'm sorry coolnwarm, but I have to respectfully disagree. Those adjectives add up to a lot of people, both skeptics, believers, and many in-between.
ProfWag

Postby ProfWag » June 21st, 2010, 6:20 am

ProfWag wrote:
ProfWag wrote:
Scepcop wrote:
That's a good point. An article from another pseudoskeptic giving his opinions is NOT proof or evidence of anything, anymore than the opinions of the skeptics here.

Skeptics, please stop declaring it a "hoax" if it has not been proven to be a hoax. That's uncivil and goes against your claim that you are open minded and objective. If it's unproven, or you aren't convinced, then simply say it's "unproven" that's all. Don't point fingers and call "hoax". That shows your bias when you do that. Deep down you believe it's a hoax, even if there is no evidence that it is, cause you WANT to believe that. So much for your claim of being open minded and unbiased. You guys are exposed yet again.

Can I ask a serious question to the Administrator please? Although, I personally didn't use the term "hoax," (though I do believe it is) I was part of the quote you used above. What I would really like to know is why "believers" can use terms such as "conclusive" and "irrefutable" without question from you, but when a skeptic uses "hoax," we get lambasted and criticized? You say we are bias when it appears to me, and probably to the casual lurker as well, that the bias is with the "believers" in this forum. Recently in at least two separate youtube videos, you called the skeptics "rude" which is obviously a subjective opinion and is an obvious show of your bias against skeptics. Administrator, could you please set the record straight on my observation please?
Also, I would like to comment that your statement "even if there is no evidence that it is..." is incorrect, especially in this case. There is quite a bit of evidence that this yogi has indeed eaten and drank in the past 70 years...

A swivvel of the hips and BUMP! it's back up to the top to await an explanation from the administrator.

Here's another BUMP!
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » June 21st, 2010, 7:07 am

ProfWag wrote:
coolnwarm wrote:Double standards, hypocrisy, lies dishonesty and false ego trip = SKEPTIC.

I'm sorry coolnwarm, but I have to respectfully disagree. Those adjectives add up to a lot of people, both skeptics, believers, and many in-between.

I agree. These are not traits solely used by skeptics.
NinjaPuppy

Postby really? » July 21st, 2010, 1:12 pm

Is there a photo of that fellow that hasn't eaten ?
really?

Postby ProfWag » July 21st, 2010, 6:15 pm

really? wrote:Is there a photo of that fellow that hasn't eaten ?

His name's Prahlad Jani and there are quite a few pictures/articles on him:
ProfWag

Postby really? » July 22nd, 2010, 6:14 am

More about this man from Narendra Nayak at Nirmukta Community Forums

Beyond Bodily Needs: Prahlad Jani & The Solarian Scam

With the many recent claims of people living without food and water, it has become very necessary to examine the issues that have been raised, particularly the methods used to verify the claims of these people. There is this man from Kerala who claims to have extracted energy from the sun by staring at it and converting it to the energy needed to keep his bodily processes going on. There is this man from Gujarat claiming to have been blessed by a goddess who pours something down his throat, and so he does not need any food or water. He also claims to have lived for seven decades without these!
More http://nirmukta.com/2010/05/17/beyond-b ... rian-scam/
really?

Postby ProfWag » July 22nd, 2010, 6:40 am

really? wrote:More about this man from Narendra Nayak at Nirmukta Community Forums

Beyond Bodily Needs: Prahlad Jani & The Solarian Scam

With the many recent claims of people living without food and water, it has become very necessary to examine the issues that have been raised, particularly the methods used to verify the claims of these people. There is this man from Kerala who claims to have extracted energy from the sun by staring at it and converting it to the energy needed to keep his bodily processes going on. There is this man from Gujarat claiming to have been blessed by a goddess who pours something down his throat, and so he does not need any food or water. He also claims to have lived for seven decades without these!
More http://nirmukta.com/2010/05/17/beyond-b ... rian-scam/

shocking
ProfWag

Postby caniswalensis » July 22nd, 2010, 12:11 pm

Ok, if he doesn't need to eat, what's the GIANT fork for?

LOL!!

Sorry, i couldn't resist an opportunity like that. No slur on this gentleman or anyone that follows his particular spiritual beliefs is intended.

Regards, Canis
"It is proper for you to doubt ... do not go upon report ... do not go upon tradition ... do not go upon hear-say." ~ Buddha
caniswalensis

Postby ProfWag » July 22nd, 2010, 1:14 pm

caniswalensis wrote:Ok, if he doesn't need to eat, what's the GIANT fork for?

LOL!!

Sorry, i couldn't resist an opportunity like that. No slur on this gentleman or anyone that follows his particular spiritual beliefs is intended.

Regards, Canis

And isn't that a string of liquorice he's holding in the other?
ProfWag

Postby really? » July 22nd, 2010, 8:31 pm

More informative stuff on this fraud. Links 1 & 2 are contained within the skepdic.com site.
http://www.skepdic.com/skeptimedia/skeptimedia90.html
1 http://web.archive.org/web/200708051020 ... 201_en.htm
2 http://www.esowatch.com/en/index.php?title=Prahlad_Jani

Where's indigochild ?
really?

Postby caniswalensis » July 23rd, 2010, 6:21 am

ProfWag wrote:
caniswalensis wrote:Ok, if he doesn't need to eat, what's the GIANT fork for?

LOL!!

Regards, Canis

And isn't that a string of liquorice he's holding in the other?

LOL!

By gosh, you are right!

Maybe these proofs of his ability to resist temptation though?

He is like: "I am siting here with a string of licorice in my hand for 65 years and never took a bite of it!

I can say with all sincereity that i would be impressed by such a feat.

Regards, Canis
"It is proper for you to doubt ... do not go upon report ... do not go upon tradition ... do not go upon hear-say." ~ Buddha
caniswalensis

Postby Wilhelm » July 26th, 2010, 10:12 am

People need to bear in mind that these tests involved India's Ministry of Defence and were done in the interest of research concerning the limits of the human body. What do they have to gain by hoaxing this? And how did this guy dupe the 35 doctors monitoring the experiment?
Wilhelm

Postby ProfWag » July 26th, 2010, 11:03 am

Wilhelm wrote:People need to bear in mind that these tests involved India's Ministry of Defence and were done in the interest of research concerning the limits of the human body. What do they have to gain by hoaxing this? And how did this guy dupe the 35 doctors monitoring the experiment?

If it were done "in the interest of research," why has he never released his findings to another scientific committe or peer reviewed journal on this or any other test he has done?
I, of course, can’t speak for him, but possibly because Dr. Sudhir Shah is/was president of the National Jain Doctor’s Federation. Jain is discussed here: http://www.cs.colostate.edu/~malaiya/mahavira.html
Having “proof” of someone who can live without food/water might boost his religion. Just a thought...
ProfWag

Postby Wilhelm » July 26th, 2010, 12:58 pm

ProfWag wrote:If it were done "in the interest of research," why has he never released his findings to another scientific committe or peer reviewed journal on this or any other test he has done?

I'm not Dr. Sudhir Shah so how would i know? But you're obviously referring to the 2003 tests. The 2010 tests were performed in April, so it's yet to be seen when and if there will be a published paper. But as I said, this was done with the Indian Ministry of Defence, specifically the Defence Institute of Physiology and Allied Science (DIPAS). So the question remains, why would the Indian Ministry of Defence, DIPAS, 35 doctors, and officials in the Indian Government be perpetrating a hoax? To promote a religion? That might be considered more of a stretch than Prahlad Jani's claim to have not had a bite or a sip for 70 years; He has nothing to lose, others do.

But obviously this was done in the interest of research on the limits of the human body, that's precisely what DIPAS does. I was researching the housing market in my area earlier and i have yet to publish my findings or sumbit them to peer review.

And what does "this or any other test" mean? Just the two tests relating to Prahlad Jani, is that what you meant? Because Sudhir Shah has certainly presented plenty of his other neurological work to peer-reviewed journals.

The alternative theory to the "everyone is lying for little reason" argument is that Prahlad Jani has managed to trick the Indian MoD, a pile of doctors, and Gov't officials, a feat which, in and of itself, should be of interest. Which is why I asked the question in the first place.
Wilhelm

PreviousNext

Return to Spirituality / Spiritual Teachings