View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

65 years without a meal nor a drink!

Discuss Spirituality, Share Spiritual Teachings and Lessons.

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby coolnwarm » 19 Jun 2010, 02:35

My thoughts on Prahlad Jani yogi as asked by profWag:


Well, I think its possible. But its rare since Its only possible either through special grace (as in the case of Prahlad jani) or through Kundalini yoga when the Kundalini has reached the crown chakra (sahastrar) and the yogi has complete siddhi in Khechri Mudra kriya. In this the yogi can consume the nectar dripping from his crown chakra and live off it. His body receives all the necessary nutrition from that. That gives him control over the elements, which a normal human being cannot have. All science deals within the framework of the five senses and limitations of the elements in their usual form. That's why normal science and moreover the skeptics cannot accept this. Nor can the "logic" and intellect finds it easy to accept or grasp. But its a matter of level and stage the yogi is in.

In real tantra, deities or energy forms or celetial beings are contacted and favors taken from them. Then through grace, one may achieve the same level that one may achieve through Kundalini yoga as the beings or demi-gods can help activate these energies in the body of the devotee or practitioner. This was the case of Prahlad Jani.
The whole problem is that we try to understand everything on the basis of our intellect and logic. When the energy transcends, answers come in a flash intuitively. Somehow u feel that you know it. This knowledge does not need a re-confirmation as the person feels the essence of the knowledge and how it has come into being.

As the practitioner practices more and more, his intuitive power increases more. Simply having good intuition is just the outer level so to say. Through grace and self effort one can go deeper uncovering the layers of consciousness one by one and uncovering more power and possibilities. These powers and possibilities only become accessible to the practitioner at a particular level and he needs constant practice and patience, bona-fide guidance and unflinching faith.
Now the Skeptics obviously cannot reach or see this as their starting point is no faith and acceptance. They already put a pre-determined and pre-programed block in their consciousness. So they will never walk this road and obviously never see anything of the sort. And its not a rabbit that a conjurer can pull outta his hat and show to them.
Thanks. Regards.
coolnwarm

Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:22 pm
Top
coolnwarm
 
Posts: 10
Joined: 19 Jun 2010, 00:52






Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby Nostradamus » 19 Jun 2010, 02:57

Anybody got their million dollars handy to get the nod from the Breatherians on how to not eat or drink? That's what they are asking for online.

This is obviously a hoax. To use the tactics of others, I bet they never publish or they publish outside of the peer review process or in some silly unimportant place like a web page. Maybe this guy is crazy and even thinks he has not eaten. It's a hoax. Why bother monitoring this guy for organ failure if he hasn't eaten? This is a hoax. He isn't the only 1 making this claim. Let any of them go to a facility like the Yale medical school and let's see this experiment repeated. Hoax.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
User avatar
Nostradamus
 
Posts: 1761
Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 14:08

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby ProfWag » 19 Jun 2010, 03:07

coolnwarm wrote:My thoughts on Prahlad Jani yogi as asked by profWag:


Well, I think its possible. But its rare since Its only possible either through special grace (as in the case of Prahlad jani) or through Kundalini yoga when the Kundalini has reached the crown chakra (sahastrar) and the yogi has complete siddhi in Khechri Mudra kriya. In this the yogi can consume the nectar dripping from his crown chakra and live off it. His body receives all the necessary nutrition from that. That gives him control over the elements, which a normal human being cannot have. All science deals within the framework of the five senses and limitations of the elements in their usual form. That's why normal science and moreover the skeptics cannot accept this. Nor can the "logic" and intellect finds it easy to accept or grasp. But its a matter of level and stage the yogi is in.

In real tantra, deities or energy forms or celetial beings are contacted and favors taken from them. Then through grace, one may achieve the same level that one may achieve through Kundalini yoga as the beings or demi-gods can help activate these energies in the body of the devotee or practitioner. This was the case of Prahlad Jani.
The whole problem is that we try to understand everything on the basis of our intellect and logic. When the energy transcends, answers come in a flash intuitively. Somehow u feel that you know it. This knowledge does not need a re-confirmation as the person feels the essence of the knowledge and how it has come into being.

As the practitioner practices more and more, his intuitive power increases more. Simply having good intuition is just the outer level so to say. Through grace and self effort one can go deeper uncovering the layers of consciousness one by one and uncovering more power and possibilities. These powers and possibilities only become accessible to the practitioner at a particular level and he needs constant practice and patience, bona-fide guidance and unflinching faith.
Now the Skeptics obviously cannot reach or see this as their starting point is no faith and acceptance. They already put a pre-determined and pre-programed block in their consciousness. So they will never walk this road and obviously never see anything of the sort. And its not a rabbit that a conjurer can pull outta his hat and show to them.
Thanks. Regards.
coolnwarm

Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:22 pm
Top

Again, great info! Just for the sake of argument, could it also be that Mr. Jani is a fraud?
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby NinjaPuppy » 19 Jun 2010, 03:15

Nostradamus wrote:Anybody got their million dollars handy to get the nod from the Breatherians on how to not eat or drink? That's what they are asking for online.

For a million dollars I can have someone eat and drink for me! No wait... that is not quite the same is it?
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby Indigo Child » 19 Jun 2010, 03:17

Just for the sake of argument, could it also be that Mr. Jani is a fraud?


All of your arguments stem from argument from possibility. You cannot make an argument
just on possibility alone. There is a possibility that you are a CIA disinformation agent, prove
that you aren't ;)

Do you actually have evidence that Mr Jani is a fraud? If you do not, he is innocent till proven
guilty.
Indigo Child
 
Posts: 327
Joined: 22 May 2009, 08:01

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby coolnwarm » 19 Jun 2010, 03:37

ProfWag wrote:
coolnwarm wrote:My thoughts on Prahlad Jani yogi as asked by profWag:


Well, I think its possible. But its rare since Its only possible either through special grace (as in the case of Prahlad jani) or through Kundalini yoga when the Kundalini has reached the crown chakra (sahastrar) and the yogi has complete siddhi in Khechri Mudra kriya. In this the yogi can consume the nectar dripping from his crown chakra and live off it. His body receives all the necessary nutrition from that. That gives him control over the elements, which a normal human being cannot have. All science deals within the framework of the five senses and limitations of the elements in their usual form. That's why normal science and moreover the skeptics cannot accept this. Nor can the "logic" and intellect finds it easy to accept or grasp. But its a matter of level and stage the yogi is in.

In real tantra, deities or energy forms or celetial beings are contacted and favors taken from them. Then through grace, one may achieve the same level that one may achieve through Kundalini yoga as the beings or demi-gods can help activate these energies in the body of the devotee or practitioner. This was the case of Prahlad Jani.
The whole problem is that we try to understand everything on the basis of our intellect and logic. When the energy transcends, answers come in a flash intuitively. Somehow u feel that you know it. This knowledge does not need a re-confirmation as the person feels the essence of the knowledge and how it has come into being.

As the practitioner practices more and more, his intuitive power increases more. Simply having good intuition is just the outer level so to say. Through grace and self effort one can go deeper uncovering the layers of consciousness one by one and uncovering more power and possibilities. These powers and possibilities only become accessible to the practitioner at a particular level and he needs constant practice and patience, bona-fide guidance and unflinching faith.
Now the Skeptics obviously cannot reach or see this as their starting point is no faith and acceptance. They already put a pre-determined and pre-programed block in their consciousness. So they will never walk this road and obviously never see anything of the sort. And its not a rabbit that a conjurer can pull outta his hat and show to them.
Thanks. Regards.
coolnwarm

Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:22 pm
Top

Again, great info! Just for the sake of argument, could it also be that Mr. Jani is a fraud?



Anything is possible anywhere. There are tons of frauds everywhere. BUT out of the thousands of frauds, there can be one genuine person. And I believe we should not be closed to that. This can be very possibly be that one case. After all, his condition is not a common one. The "sticky" substance that the docs checked dropping from his crown chakra is very much there. So is his condition.
This phenomenon is well written about in the yogic texts. And there have been many yogis who have achieved this feat in the past. And much more than this.
Interestingly a lot of this was termed by the Brits as "Indian Mythology". Simply cuz so many things were simply unbelievable and too fascinating.
But all these things have been REAL. A lot many of them have been recorded first hand by the British officials in their personal diaries and official reports too during the time of the British Raj (regime) in India. They rules India for almost 200 years after the Moguls.

One such story was that of the Indian yogi called Trailanga Sawmi who had a body weigh of 300 pounds and was considered to have an age of 300 years. He was totally detached from his material belongings and lived absolutely naked. The British officials thought if this as a nuisance and locked him up in the jail. Just as they locked him up, he was spotted standing on the roof. The lock and doors were intact. They caught him up a second time and again they witnessed the same phenomenon. He had attained total mastery over his elements and could materialize, dematerialize his gross physical body at will. This is one of the advanced siddhis mentioned in the yoga sutras. Of course there is no evidence of it for modern science. Nor will any yogi who is capable of it will come and make himself available to scientists. The reasons are largely secrecy of the knowledge and revealing it in only very special circumstances. All this looks like fairy tale to most.
The ancient Indian sages were very much scientists in their own right and not simply composing poems and fascinating tales. They have knowledge of atom back then. Advance medical science, plastic surgery were all available. Contact with extra terrestrials and advanced planes capable of traveling to far off places and in outer space is well documented in the scriptures. Use of specialized rare herbs to rejuvenate, energize and retaining youth or regaining youth was also known through herbal formulas, pranayam breathing techniques and contact with beings was known. Great knowledge on Mercury for spiritual and material growth and siddhis was known too. All that knowledge was very much there even 5000 years back in India. During the war of Mahabharat, most of the technology was destroyed. The secrets remained with the yogis who distanced themselves from society as times changed as morals and social norms degraded along with coming of kaliyuga (era of Kali) or more degraded times. Worthy disciples became distinct. The knowledge was passed mostly orally. Written manuscripts were coded in such a way using allegorical language that it wasn't easy o understand for common man.
For example - need for Sex in Tantra - taken literally by many modern people and opening up sex parlors with a twist had the term used as an allegory.
Sex is union of female and male energies. Kundalini is the female energy of great power residing in the base chakra (muladhar) in deactivated form in very human being. It can be 1% active in many people due to which intelligence, creative thinking, intuition prevails. When activated more, it bestows more. Crown chakra (sahastrar) is known as the seat of Shiva or pure bliss the male energy, also dormant. Kundalini is also called as serpent power, which in Chinese literature is the dragon. That's why dragon basically has a spiritual connection in the Chinese esoteric meaning. There may be some other understandings of dragon though.
So when Kundalini is activated and moves upward through persistent practice with proper guidance and meets the crown chakra this UNION of female aspect with the male aspect within the ethereal body is know as "Maithun" or SEX in tantric terms. Most modern day tantriks are not fully aware of this explanation.
Many pseudo tantriks are also into sexual activities thinking the allegory to be literal meaning.

This was just one example of how the teachings were coded.

So, yes I believe its possible and there are frauds all around us too. But so can be a genuine person too.
The thing is that Prahlad Jani is not asking for any donations or money. Nor does he make public appearances where he's looking for a fan following or fame.
There is no reason he could be letting the defense people test him. He was persuaded to do this. Usually its not advised. Authentic yogis usually are on guard that they don't develop a craving for fame and keep a strong check on their egos as the inner qualities are what they have to work out first thing to advance further.

The topic is interesting and I can write on and one on it as there is so much of information. I'll stop on this here for now.
Regards. :)
coolnwarm
 
Posts: 10
Joined: 19 Jun 2010, 00:52

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby Indigo Child » 19 Jun 2010, 03:58

Bravo coolnwarm, great info. You are really taking the skeptic
straght down the rabbit hole :lol:

The skeptic has a very disenchanted view of the world, where there
is no mystery or wonder. They simply accept what the current worldv-
iew is telling them uncritically. In a recent discussion I had to tell one
skeptic they have a mind, and a whole inner dimension that needs to be
explored. Amazing, eh, that I am having to tell somebody they have a mind!

The beauty of Vedic civilisation is that they did so much in exploring the mind,
its various dimensions and powers and developed usable techniques in order for
us to cultivate this dimension of us. This is why Vedic civilisation is full of so many
masters with superhuman faculties. This is how it use to be in ancient times, before
the onset of the Kali Yuga. Everything you say it is true, we had many siddhis, longer
life spans and contact with the galactic community and other dimensions. It is still
like this on advanced planets in the universe, and I really wish I would incarnate there
in future incarnations.

I don't think the Mahabharata was the only cause of our fall. The cause is time itself
and the cycles of Yugas, which in turn are connected to galactic cycles where there are
periods of high energy and less energy.
Indigo Child
 
Posts: 327
Joined: 22 May 2009, 08:01

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby ProfWag » 19 Jun 2010, 04:55

Indigo Child wrote:Bravo coolnwarm, great info. You are really taking the skeptic
straght down the rabbit hole :lol:

The skeptic has a very disenchanted view of the world, where there
is no mystery or wonder. They simply accept what the current worldv-
iew is telling them uncritically. In a recent discussion I had to tell one
skeptic they have a mind, and a whole inner dimension that needs to be
explored. Amazing, eh, that I am having to tell somebody they have a mind!


Indigo, are these comments really necessary? Do we want a civilized discussion or do we want rude and uncalled for comments just because I happen to be skeptical by nature for reasons of which you have no idea about.

To be fair, I am actually enjoying his/her comments. One of the reasons I am here is to LEARN what others think and believe. It's all part of the critical thinking process. I don't have to agree with him and, in fact, I don't even have to make a comeback and point out where he might be wrong, but I CAN enjoy just learning, can't I? Can we keep the under-the-breath skeptical comments to a minimum please? At least, I'm going to try to do so on my end...
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby Indigo Child » 19 Jun 2010, 05:05

ProfWag wrote:
Indigo Child wrote:Bravo coolnwarm, great info. You are really taking the skeptic
straght down the rabbit hole :lol:

The skeptic has a very disenchanted view of the world, where there
is no mystery or wonder. They simply accept what the current worldv-
iew is telling them uncritically. In a recent discussion I had to tell one
skeptic they have a mind, and a whole inner dimension that needs to be
explored. Amazing, eh, that I am having to tell somebody they have a mind!


Indigo, are these comments really necessary? Do we want a civilized discussion or do we want rude and uncalled for comments just because I happen to be skeptical by nature for reasons of which you have no idea about.

To be fair, I am actually enjoying his/her comments. One of the reasons I am here is to LEARN what others think and believe. It's all part of the critical thinking process. I don't have to agree with him and, in fact, I don't even have to make a comeback and point out where he might be wrong, but I CAN enjoy just learning, can't I? Can we keep the under-the-breath skeptical comments to a minimum please? At least, I'm going to try to do so on my end...


This was not a personal comment directed at anybody Prowag. I am talking about most so-called skeptics in general.
Indigo Child
 
Posts: 327
Joined: 22 May 2009, 08:01

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby ProfWag » 19 Jun 2010, 09:53

ProfWag wrote:
Scepcop wrote:
That's a good point. An article from another pseudoskeptic giving his opinions is NOT proof or evidence of anything, anymore than the opinions of the skeptics here.

Skeptics, please stop declaring it a "hoax" if it has not been proven to be a hoax. That's uncivil and goes against your claim that you are open minded and objective. If it's unproven, or you aren't convinced, then simply say it's "unproven" that's all. Don't point fingers and call "hoax". That shows your bias when you do that. Deep down you believe it's a hoax, even if there is no evidence that it is, cause you WANT to believe that. So much for your claim of being open minded and unbiased. You guys are exposed yet again.

Can I ask a serious question to the Administrator please? Although, I personally didn't use the term "hoax," (though I do believe it is) I was part of the quote you used above. What I would really like to know is why "believers" can use terms such as "conclusive" and "irrefutable" without question from you, but when a skeptic uses "hoax," we get lambasted and criticized? You say we are bias when it appears to me, and probably to the casual lurker as well, that the bias is with the "believers" in this forum. Recently in at least two separate youtube videos, you called the skeptics "rude" which is obviously a subjective opinion and is an obvious show of your bias against skeptics. Administrator, could you please set the record straight on my observation please?
Also, I would like to comment that your statement "even if there is no evidence that it is..." is incorrect, especially in this case. There is quite a bit of evidence that this yogi has indeed eaten and drank in the past 70 years...


A swivvel of the hips and BUMP! it's back up to the top to await an explanation from the administrator.
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby coolnwarm » 20 Jun 2010, 02:11

Guys, See regular Skeptic Alex lie outta his A** to Tigervonchan on the link below about Yogi Prahlad Jani!!! he says Skeptics will accept the obvious just as everybody else in the world till proven otherwise.
But he won't believe that humans have soul and there is God just like most people in the world do.
There goes the double dishonest Skeptic standards out the window.
Now all that is left for him is to keep on repeating his BS n argue argue repeating the same shit over n over again desperately. LOL !!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7YNkjiHNxY

He said the blind man who's never seen the moon needs special instruments to read data to believe. Without it he as a blind skeptic would believe that there is the moon just like everybody else till proven otherwise. So this blind skeptic called Alex should believe that there is God n there is soul n that Prahlad Jani's feat is real just like everybody else. But no. He wants to win a freaking debate n he lied outta his A** simply to keep on arguing!! Why?? Cuz a skeptic can't let down his huge false inflated ego!!! That's why. He's not humble. Proud of the air in his chest that he's holding in.
Double standards, hypocrisy, lies dishonesty and false ego trip = SKEPTIC.
coolnwarm
 
Posts: 10
Joined: 19 Jun 2010, 00:52

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby coolnwarm » 20 Jun 2010, 02:13

Please tell Alex, he's lost the debate and is being dishonest now. His argument is worth nothing anymore.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7YNkjiHNxY
coolnwarm
 
Posts: 10
Joined: 19 Jun 2010, 00:52

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby NinjaPuppy » 20 Jun 2010, 04:30

ProfWag wrote:Can I ask a serious question to the Administrator please? Although, I personally didn't use the term "hoax," (though I do believe it is) I was part of the quote you used above. What I would really like to know is why "believers" can use terms such as "conclusive" and "irrefutable" without question from you, but when a skeptic uses "hoax," we get lambasted and criticized? You say we are bias when it appears to me, and probably to the casual lurker as well, that the bias is with the "believers" in this forum. Recently in at least two separate youtube videos, you called the skeptics "rude" which is obviously a subjective opinion and is an obvious show of your bias against skeptics. Administrator, could you please set the record straight on my observation please?
Also, I would like to comment that your statement "even if there is no evidence that it is..." is incorrect, especially in this case. There is quite a bit of evidence that this yogi has indeed eaten and drank in the past 70 years...

I know that I am not the 'Administrator' and that you are not asking me... a mere moderator but....
Who is lambasting and criticizing?
Bias here IS on the side the believer. It is an anti-pseudoskeptic website. Please note that I did not say 'skeptic' but 'psuedoskeptic'.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby coolnwarm » 20 Jun 2010, 12:19

coolnwarm wrote:Please tell Alex, he's lost the debate and is being dishonest now. His argument is worth nothing anymore.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7YNkjiHNxY



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7YNkjiHNxY

Skeptic Alex clearly loses here. But as a typical evil-Skeptic, he won't bow down due to false ego.
Even when skeptics lose pathetically, they hate to admit it. This is a common trait found in them.
They will do everything to keep on twisting their points to wriggle out of their lost position instead of humbly accepting it.
lol
coolnwarm
 
Posts: 10
Joined: 19 Jun 2010, 00:52

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby Scepcop » 20 Jun 2010, 21:01

NinjaPuppy wrote:
ProfWag wrote:Can I ask a serious question to the Administrator please? Although, I personally didn't use the term "hoax," (though I do believe it is) I was part of the quote you used above. What I would really like to know is why "believers" can use terms such as "conclusive" and "irrefutable" without question from you, but when a skeptic uses "hoax," we get lambasted and criticized? You say we are bias when it appears to me, and probably to the casual lurker as well, that the bias is with the "believers" in this forum. Recently in at least two separate youtube videos, you called the skeptics "rude" which is obviously a subjective opinion and is an obvious show of your bias against skeptics. Administrator, could you please set the record straight on my observation please?
Also, I would like to comment that your statement "even if there is no evidence that it is..." is incorrect, especially in this case. There is quite a bit of evidence that this yogi has indeed eaten and drank in the past 70 years...

I know that I am not the 'Administrator' and that you are not asking me... a mere moderator but....
Who is lambasting and criticizing?
Bias here IS on the side the believer. It is an anti-pseudoskeptic website. Please note that I did not say 'skeptic' but 'psuedoskeptic'.


That's true. Since this is an anti-pseudoskeptic site, it's to be expected that there is going to be bias against the pseudoskeptics. But that doesn't mean the biases are unjustified or that they are not grounded in a lot of truth. They are based on real behaviors of pseudoskeptics, not imagined ones.

But look at JREF forum. ProfWag, do you claim that that forum is unbiased, objective and free of extreme scoffing/ridicule?

If you have any ounce of fairness ProfWag, you have to call the JREF forum for what it is too. It's too obvious. Why don't you complain about the lack of objectivity there too? Be fair. Let me see you criticize them. Show some objectivity here, and I will respect it.

To answer your question, me saying that an argument is irrefutable or airtight is my opinion, yeah, but it's usually because it is a very damn good argument. It's similar to me tasting cheesecake and saying "Wow that is good cheesecake! The best I ever tasted!" It's merely a form of praise.

On the other hand, calling someone a hoax is like accusing them of lying and being con artists. That is a more serious personal charge that is supposed to be factual.

Someone, I think it was Nostradamus, called Richard Gage a fraud before in the conspiracy board. That was a serious charge. Yet he had no evidence or logical reason to base that on. When you post a video of Uri Geller caught cheating during a "trick" that is valid basis for calling him a fraud. But we do not have any reason to believe that Richard Gage is deliberately lying about something big. He has given up a lot for his movement. No one would do that if they knew they were being dishonest or deceitful.

Hope that answers your question.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
User avatar
Scepcop
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: 16 May 2009, 07:29

PreviousNext

Return to Spirituality / Spiritual Teachings

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests