View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

65 years without a meal nor a drink!

Discuss Spirituality, Share Spiritual Teachings and Lessons.

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby NinjaPuppy » 12 Jun 2010, 22:20

smithshn wrote:It is an amazing thing. I wondered to knew that how can person leave without a meal or a drink? I want to know that from where he get the energy? Is there any secret technique?

Welcome smithshn!

I would venture to guess that there is a 'secret technique' or we would all be doing it. I believe that the question here has been if this claim is even possible.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44






Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby Nostradamus » 14 Jun 2010, 11:30

The claims of prana are unproven. This guy had an increase in urea and weight loss. This is obviously a fake, a hoax, a stunt for the gullible. Notice how this ended with all results to be divulged later. Any bets on this ending up being reported in a real journal?
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
User avatar
Nostradamus
 
Posts: 1761
Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 14:08

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby Scepcop » 19 Jun 2010, 00:05

ciscop wrote:this guys is being currently investigated
he is going to be held by the military of india for 2 months!!
Prahlad Jani



a breatharian.. whatever that is
http://www.dangerousminds.net/index.php ... hlad_jani/


Note: When you post YouTube videos, remove the part "&feature=related" from the URL between the YouTube tags, or else it won't be embedded here. I already fixed the one above.

Is this Indian Holy Man the same one that was rejected by the JREF for the challenge, mentioned here?

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
User avatar
Scepcop
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: 16 May 2009, 07:29

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby Scepcop » 19 Jun 2010, 00:47

Indigo Child wrote:
ProfWag wrote:Shall we delve into additional information on the guru?

http://sanaledamaruku.blogspot.com/2010 ... es-on.html

It appears that this dude was NOT monitored 100% of the time and was even able to see "followers" during the test. As such, it appears that he could very well have received water and/or other nutrients during this test period or, at the very least, there appears to be questions in the test protocol of the subject.


I reviewed the article you mentioned and found the author to be uncredible. I know this author, as
I have seen an interview of this man Sanaledamaraku before, who is an Indian equivalent of James Randi.
He was being interviewed regarding Prahlad Jani on an indian television channel, which had a panel of
representatives discussing the matter. The hosts were impartial and were asking everybody their opinion,
of all of these Sanaledamaraku was the most erratic, forceful and barking of them. He just kept on ranting
"It is impossible" and then slurring the Sterling hospital team, "they are lying, they are devotees" he made
many slanderous comments, which even surprised the imparial hosts. He was pretty much accusing the
entire body of some 100 doctors, scientists that examined Prahalad Jani, even the defense research organization
of lying.

It is a common pseudoskeptic tactic to slander the researcher when they don't like the research data. Indeed, this
is what this mean is doing in the blog entry you posted to:

Shah is a deeply religious Jain. As the president of the Indian Jain Doctors' Federation (JDF), he proposes that via research, the still imperfect science of medicine is to be brought in line with the Jainist '"super-science" as revealed by the omniscient Lord Mahavir. We can only wonder whether his researcher eyes are sometimes clouded by religious zeal. Interestingly, many members of his team are Jains and his partner in the Manek test was a former president of JDF too.


He is making fun of his religion and the religion of his peers, what does this have anything to do with it?

Moreover, Sanale himself admits he was not part of the experiment and the research. How then does he have information of the protocols, much less the loopholes in the experiment? His information is contrary to the reports published by Sudhir Shah, which show very strong controls were done, including measuring the amount of water before and after he took a bath. Yes, he was allowed outside at times to sunbath, but was under surveillance and 24/7 CCTV. They also constantly monitored him using equipment to see if he had any intake of water or food.

As Sanae is not part of the scientific research team, he is not privy to any information. Sanaldelmauki is an obvious pseudoskeptic, non-objective and a disreputable man. I am sorry you are going to have to do better than cite this man. I wonder if Sudhir Shah and the whole team of Sterling hospital can file for defamation?


That's a good point. An article from another pseudoskeptic giving his opinions is NOT proof or evidence of anything, anymore than the opinions of the skeptics here.

Skeptics, please stop declaring it a "hoax" if it has not been proven to be a hoax. That's uncivil and goes against your claim that you are open minded and objective. If it's unproven, or you aren't convinced, then simply say it's "unproven" that's all. Don't point fingers and call "hoax". That shows your bias when you do that. Deep down you believe it's a hoax, even if there is no evidence that it is, cause you WANT to believe that. So much for your claim of being open minded and unbiased. You guys are exposed yet again.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
User avatar
Scepcop
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: 16 May 2009, 07:29

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby coolnwarm » 19 Jun 2010, 01:12

Please post your comments to Alex the Pseudo-Skeptic dude in favor of the yogi.
This dude is terming all religions, all yoga and everything the same as tooth fairy n superstition.
He claims that there is no soul. and all that "scientists" have been able to test is only real.
The guy is usual arrogant skeptic stuff. Thanks.
coolnwarm
 
Posts: 10
Joined: 19 Jun 2010, 00:52

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby Scepcop » 19 Jun 2010, 01:27

coolnwarm wrote:Please post your comments to Alex the Pseudo-Skeptic dude in favor of the yogi.
This dude is terming all religions, all yoga and everything the same as tooth fairy n superstition.
He claims that there is no soul. and all that "scientists" have been able to test is only real.
The guy is usual arrogant skeptic stuff. Thanks.


How do we post to Alex though? You forgot to mention that.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
User avatar
Scepcop
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: 16 May 2009, 07:29

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby Scepcop » 19 Jun 2010, 01:38

Indigo Child wrote:This really is not a question of belief. If you are going to believe a man who is
non objective, slandeorus and makes fun of peoples religions and accuses people
of lying without proof, it reflects on your own objectivity, or rather lack of.

I am going to go with the scientic data here, and not anybodies opinion, and
the scientific data clearly shows that this man is healthy and can live without
food and water(more importantly water) This man has now been subjected to
two controlled scientific studies, and more are to follow. So this is serious
science being done here and interesting results are being arrived it.

Regarding the claim of his disappearance from the view of the camera at times. Even,
if this is true, the man was monitored to see if he had any food or water intake. The
results show he hasn't. More remarkably, the results said he could produce urine and re
absorb into his blood, and had control over this process. The doctor could ask him to produce
urine, any quantity, and he could without passing it.

Now suppose it was true that he really did take food, water and nutrients on the sly, he would
have then had to pass urine or stools. However, he never did pass any urine or stools. In fact
it is impossible to not pass urine or stools for several days. So, whichever way we look at it,
the results show that conventional science has been refuted. We now have to rewrite science.


That's a valid point. And even if he was off camera for a few seconds, the room was supposed to be controlled, so they made sure that no food or water was in the room or on him and his clothes. So the point is inconsequential.

The skeptics never think in terms of possibilities, only that if it defies conventional rules, then it MUST be false. Any established thing is infallible in their view.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
User avatar
Scepcop
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: 16 May 2009, 07:29

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby ProfWag » 19 Jun 2010, 01:53

Scepcop wrote:
That's a good point. An article from another pseudoskeptic giving his opinions is NOT proof or evidence of anything, anymore than the opinions of the skeptics here.

Skeptics, please stop declaring it a "hoax" if it has not been proven to be a hoax. That's uncivil and goes against your claim that you are open minded and objective. If it's unproven, or you aren't convinced, then simply say it's "unproven" that's all. Don't point fingers and call "hoax". That shows your bias when you do that. Deep down you believe it's a hoax, even if there is no evidence that it is, cause you WANT to believe that. So much for your claim of being open minded and unbiased. You guys are exposed yet again.

Can I ask a serious question to the Administrator please? Although, I personally didn't use the term "hoax," (though I do believe it is) I was part of the quote you used above. What I would really like to know is why "believers" can use terms such as "conclusive" and "irrefutable" without question from you, but when a skeptic uses "hoax," we get lambasted and criticized? You say we are bias when it appears to me, and probably to the casual lurker as well, that the bias is with the "believers" in this forum. Recently in at least two separate youtube videos, you called the skeptics "rude" which is obviously a subjective opinion and is an obvious show of your bias against skeptics. Administrator, could you please set the record straight on my observation please?
Also, I would like to comment that your statement "even if there is no evidence that it is..." is incorrect, especially in this case. There is quite a bit of evidence that this yogi has indeed eaten and drank in the past 70 years...
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby Scepcop » 19 Jun 2010, 01:54

Indigo Child wrote:In fact think of the implications of these new groundbreaking studies
into Breatherianism. If we can learn to tap the same energy sources that
Prahlad Jani can, it will eradicate the need for food and water, which is
becoming increasingly scarce in the world today. This means that much
of the 80% of worlds population which lacks access to adequate food
and clean drinking water, will be able to survive without food and water.


That's it! These pseudoskeptics are working for the restaurant and food industry to suppress all alternative sources of physical nourishment for our bodies! ;)
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
User avatar
Scepcop
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: 16 May 2009, 07:29

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby ProfWag » 19 Jun 2010, 01:56

Indigo Child wrote:This really is not a question of belief. If you are going to believe a man who is
non objective, slandeorus and makes fun of peoples religions and accuses people
of lying without proof, it reflects on your own objectivity, or rather lack of.

I am going to go with the scientic data here, and not anybodies opinion, and
the scientific data clearly shows that this man is healthy and can live without
food and water(more importantly water) This man has now been subjected to
two controlled scientific studies, and more are to follow. So this is serious
science being done here and interesting results are being arrived it.

Regarding the claim of his disappearance from the view of the camera at times. Even,
if this is true, the man was monitored to see if he had any food or water intake. The
results show he hasn't. More remarkably, the results said he could produce urine and re
absorb into his blood, and had control over this process. The doctor could ask him to produce
urine, any quantity, and he could without passing it.

Now suppose it was true that he really did take food, water and nutrients on the sly, he would
have then had to pass urine or stools. However, he never did pass any urine or stools. In fact
it is impossible to not pass urine or stools for several days. So, whichever way we look at it,
the results show that conventional science has been refuted. We now have to rewrite science.

Hello again Indigo. Could you please post the reference to the final scientific test results please? You can't? They haven't been released? Oh, I couldn't tell that from your post.
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby Scepcop » 19 Jun 2010, 01:56

NinjaPuppy wrote:
Indigo Child wrote:In fact think of the implications of these new groundbreaking studies
into Breatherianism. If we can learn to tap the same energy sources that
Prahlad Jani can, it will eradicate the need for food and water, which is
becoming increasingly scarce in the world today. This means that much
of the 80% of worlds population which lacks access to adequate food
and clean drinking water, will be able to survive without food and water.

I am not at all suggesting everybody stops eating and drinking, because
Prahlad Jani only appears to have this ability due to his advanced Yoga
practice. However, there is strong suggestion here that Yoga and meditation
should be practiced globally and taught at schools, because while we may
not completely eradicate the need for food and water, there is strong scientific
evidence that it reduces our need for food and even sleep, and improves our
health, both both and mind, as well our cognitive functions. In a sense Yoga
and meditation is a superscience that cultivates superhumans.


Do we know if this is all this guy can do is meditate in order to maintain life without food or drink? For my money, I'll take the old fashioned way of sustaining life. Sitting on the floor meditating for 65 years isn't my idea of living. Now if I was stranded on an island with no food or water, it would be convenient to exist like this until a possible rescue came along but other than that... I like movement and doing physical things.


Do you mean he has to keep meditating in order to not need food and water? He says he does take walks right?

Perhaps you mean you wouldn't want to do this because you like to eat right?
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
User avatar
Scepcop
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: 16 May 2009, 07:29

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby coolnwarm » 19 Jun 2010, 02:07

Hi!!

Sorry I forgot to post the link where Alex the Pseudo-Skeptic is!!
Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7YNkjiHNxY
coolnwarm
 
Posts: 10
Joined: 19 Jun 2010, 00:52

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby ProfWag » 19 Jun 2010, 02:20

Indigo Child wrote:In fact think of the implications of these new groundbreaking studies
into Breatherianism. If we can learn to tap the same energy sources that
Prahlad Jani can, it will eradicate the need for food and water, which is
becoming increasingly scarce in the world today. This means that much
of the 80% of worlds population which lacks access to adequate food
and clean drinking water, will be able to survive without food and water.


Hello again Indigo. Based on your statement, will my dog Mojo be able to take advantage of these "groundbreaking" studies and survive without food and water?
Looking forward to saving some money!
Wag
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby Indigo Child » 19 Jun 2010, 02:29

Hello again Indigo. Based on your statement, will my dog Mojo be able to take advantage of these "groundbreaking" studies and survive without food and water?
Looking forward to saving some money!
Wag


If you can make Mojo meditate and do Yoga, perhaps ;)
Indigo Child
 
Posts: 327
Joined: 22 May 2009, 08:01

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby coolnwarm » 19 Jun 2010, 02:32

Indigo Child wrote:
Hello again Indigo. Based on your statement, will my dog Mojo be able to take advantage of these "groundbreaking" studies and survive without food and water?
Looking forward to saving some money!
Wag


If you can make Mojo meditate and do Yoga, perhaps ;)


Lol! :) Well said.
On a more serious note, Only humans have the chakras and path to evolve higher. or of course degrade. :)
The phenomenon of the yogi is connected to the activation of chakras, pineal gland and Khechri mudra.
A dog or any other animal is not capable of it. Its body is not made for it. :)
coolnwarm
 
Posts: 10
Joined: 19 Jun 2010, 00:52

PreviousNext

Return to Spirituality / Spiritual Teachings

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests