View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

65 years without a meal nor a drink!

Discuss Spirituality, Share Spiritual Teachings and Lessons.

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby ProfWag » 02 Jun 2010, 03:16

Indigo Child wrote:
Moreover, Sanaldemauki himself admits he was not part of the experiment and the research. How then does he have information of the protocols, much less the loopholes in the experiment? His information is contrary to the reports published by Sudhir Shah, which show very strong controls were done, including measure the amount of water before and after he took a bath. Yes, he was allowed outside at times to sunbath, but was under surveillance and 24/7 CCTV. They also constantly monitored him using equipment to see if he had any intake of water or food.

As Sanaldemauki is not part of the scientific research team, he is not privy to any information. Sanaldelmauki is an obvious pseudoskeptic, non-objective and a disreputable man. I am sorry you are going to have to do better than cite this man. I wonder if Sudhir Shah and the whole team of Sterling hospital can file for defamation?

I think we will know more in the next couple months, but you asked how he has information of the protocols. Here is HIS quote: "an official video clip revealed that Jani would sometimes move out of the CCTV camera's field of view"
If this man is like Randi, then yes, I believe him more than I believe a man has lived 70+ years without food.
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54






Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby NinjaPuppy » 02 Jun 2010, 03:21

ciscop wrote:im just saying it is a dumb discussion
is like he is trying to sell me the story of the cottingly fairies
just truly naive people will fall for this stuff

That is why I am asking... why YOU started it? You posted this topic. So obviously from your statment, you decided to start a 'dumb discussion' and now want to know why anyone is discussing it? What is up with that?
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby ProfWag » 02 Jun 2010, 03:25

Here is a quote from mind-energy.net (a parapsychology website...)
"The person claims to not have eaten for 70 years. That's quite a hard claim to swallow, frankly. A 15-day surveillance sounds good but the suspicious fact here is that the 2003 study and this one were conducted by the same hospital in Ahmedabad, the Sterling hospital. I think it was even the same crew leading researcher, Dr. Sudhir Shah.

What is new this time is that 1) the test was longer (15 days and not 10) and 2) that the study initiated by India's Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO). I hope they're not as naïve as to let the hospital run the test without overseeing it themselves.

So, it is interesting news and it would be better, more reliable, if this man was tested by some western hospital, to reduce the chance of fraud by co-operating."
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby ciscop » 02 Jun 2010, 03:27

i love ripley stuff
but this guy is beyond that

this is totally insane.
im going to repeat it
65 years WITHOUT EATING NOR DRINKING
this guy is lying and is cheating
why are we even entertaining the idea?

the reason randi dont take this tests is because people could die during them
we are humans!!! not plants!
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
User avatar
ciscop
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: 22 Jul 2009, 12:04

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby Indigo Child » 02 Jun 2010, 03:32

This really is not a question of belief. If you are going to believe a man who is
non objective, slandeorus and makes fun of peoples religions and accuses people
of lying without proof, it reflects on your own objectivity, or rather lack of.

I am going to go with the scientic data here, and not anybodies opinion, and
the scientific data clearly shows that this man is healthy and can live without
food and water(more importantly water) This man has now been subjected to
two controlled scientific studies, and more are to follow. So this is serious
science being done here and interesting results are being arrived it.

Regarding the claim of his disappearance from the view of the camera at times. Even,
if this is true, the man was monitored to see if he had any food or water intake. The
results show he hasn't. More remarkably, the results said he could produce urine and re
absorb into his blood, and had control over this process. The doctor could ask him to produce
urine, any quantity, and he could without passing it.

Now suppose it was true that he really did take food, water and nutrients on the sly, he would
have then had to pass urine or stools. However, he never did pass any urine or stools. In fact
it is impossible to not pass urine or stools for several days. So, whichever way we look at it,
the results show that conventional science has been refuted. We now have to rewrite science.
Indigo Child
 
Posts: 327
Joined: 22 May 2009, 08:01

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby ProfWag » 02 Jun 2010, 03:35

Indigo Child wrote:
I reviewed the article you mentioned and found the author to be uncredible. I know this author, as
I have seen an interview of this man Sanaledamaraku before, who is an Indian equivalent of James Randi..

By the way, since you made this comment, I'd like to add that Dr Sudhir Shah is the Indian equivalent of Dr. Gary Schwartz...
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby NinjaPuppy » 02 Jun 2010, 03:43

ciscop wrote:i love ripley stuff
but this guy is beyond that

this is totally insane.
im going to repeat it
65 years WITHOUT EATING NOR DRINKING
this guy is lying and is cheating
why are we even entertaining the idea?

the reason randi dont take this tests is because people could die during them
we are humans!!! not plants!

Since when are 'we' entertaining the idea? You posted a topic and comments were made. Perhaps you would prefer everyone here simply ignore you? I'm sure that can be arranged.

IMO, this is an extraordinary claim. Your link claims it will be investigated. Once any sort of insight into a topic of this sort is posted, the pseudoskeptic games start. Now you are claiming that people could die during this sort of a test. No sh!t Sherlock. Thanks for letting us believers in on this big skeptic secret. My second opinion is that investigation will sure as shootin' give us more insight into this person's claims. Either it will prove he can or he can't. If he's 'cheating' as you say, he will be exposed. If he's not cheating and doesn't suffer from the effects of no food and water, then he's on to something. If he dies during the test, then he gets his 15 minutes of fame until the next person comes along and makes the same claim.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby NinjaPuppy » 02 Jun 2010, 03:44

ProfWag wrote:
Indigo Child wrote:
I reviewed the article you mentioned and found the author to be uncredible. I know this author, as
I have seen an interview of this man Sanaledamaraku before, who is an Indian equivalent of James Randi..

By the way, since you made this comment, I'd like to add that Dr Sudhir Shah is the Indian equivalent of Dr. Gary Schwartz...

Does that mean you don't like Dr. Sudhir Shah either? :roll:
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby Indigo Child » 02 Jun 2010, 03:56

ciscop wrote:i love ripley stuff
but this guy is beyond that

this is totally insane.
im going to repeat it
65 years WITHOUT EATING NOR DRINKING
this guy is lying and is cheating
why are we even entertaining the idea?

the reason randi dont take this tests is because people could die during them
we are humans!!! not plants!


This is only according to conventional knowledge. In the East, it has been known for a long
time from stories of many saints, masters and sages that it was possible to live without
eating and drinking, and nourish oneself on cosmic energy(Prana) It has been known for quite a wel
in the scientific world that the practice of Pranayama(breathing meditation) lowers heart rate and
metabolism and increases higher brain and vital functions. Please review this scientific study done on Pranayama:
http://www.j-pbs.org/pdf/182/subbalakshmi.pdf

According to Eastern sciences, there exists a life-force within us(Prana/Chi) that regulates the entire body
and can be controlled and this life-force is connected to life-force outside of it. If one becomes aware of how
to regulate the Prana they can derive Prana from anything. You can become aware of this lifeforce yourself, try to
move energy up and down your body by thinking of the parts of the body you want the energy to move to. Depending
on how sensitive you are you will feel the Prana move to various parts in your body. The fact is you have conscious
control over the process. Many processes that are involtunary are in fact voluntary and become active during higher
states of consciousness. Scientific studies have verified this, such as the study of Buddhist monks that can regulate
their body temperature.

According to modern scientific wisdom there does indeed exist an energy like a cosmic energy, called Zero point energy.
This energy can be tapped at any point in space. If that is the case, it can also be tapped in the body. If you can tap this
energy it means you do not require any other source of energy. This is why it is possible for Prahlad Jani to tap this cosmic
energy and not require food and water for the same.
Indigo Child
 
Posts: 327
Joined: 22 May 2009, 08:01

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby Indigo Child » 02 Jun 2010, 04:07

In fact think of the implications of these new groundbreaking studies
into Breatherianism. If we can learn to tap the same energy sources that
Prahlad Jani can, it will eradicate the need for food and water, which is
becoming increasingly scarce in the world today. This means that much
of the 80% of worlds population which lacks access to adequate food
and clean drinking water, will be able to survive without food and water.

I am not at all suggesting everybody stops eating and drinking, because
Prahlad Jani only appears to have this ability due to his advanced Yoga
practice. However, there is strong suggestion here that Yoga and meditation
should be practiced globally and taught at schools, because while we may
not completely eradicate the need for food and water, there is strong scientific
evidence that it reduces our need for food and even sleep, and improves our
health, both both and mind, as well our cognitive functions. In a sense Yoga
and meditation is a superscience that cultivates superhumans.
Indigo Child
 
Posts: 327
Joined: 22 May 2009, 08:01

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby ciscop » 02 Jun 2010, 04:30

dude
i agree that meditation can help balance some people and there are benefits
but it is really dumb and gullible to accept that a guy lived 65 years without food nor water
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
User avatar
ciscop
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: 22 Jul 2009, 12:04

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby caniswalensis » 04 Jun 2010, 03:10

I have been watching this story, & would love to see more evidence for this gentleman's feat.

As it stands, I have a tough time swollowing it, if you will excuse the expression. :)

Regards, Canis
"It is proper for you to doubt ... do not go upon report ... do not go upon tradition ... do not go upon hear-say." ~ Buddha
caniswalensis
 
Posts: 208
Joined: 02 Jun 2010, 03:41

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby NinjaPuppy » 04 Jun 2010, 20:12

Indigo Child wrote:In fact think of the implications of these new groundbreaking studies
into Breatherianism. If we can learn to tap the same energy sources that
Prahlad Jani can, it will eradicate the need for food and water, which is
becoming increasingly scarce in the world today. This means that much
of the 80% of worlds population which lacks access to adequate food
and clean drinking water, will be able to survive without food and water.

I am not at all suggesting everybody stops eating and drinking, because
Prahlad Jani only appears to have this ability due to his advanced Yoga
practice. However, there is strong suggestion here that Yoga and meditation
should be practiced globally and taught at schools, because while we may
not completely eradicate the need for food and water, there is strong scientific
evidence that it reduces our need for food and even sleep, and improves our
health, both both and mind, as well our cognitive functions. In a sense Yoga
and meditation is a superscience that cultivates superhumans.

Do we know if this is all this guy can do is meditate in order to maintain life without food or drink? For my money, I'll take the old fashioned way of sustaining life. Sitting on the floor meditating for 65 years isn't my idea of living. Now if I was stranded on an island with no food or water, it would be convenient to exist like this until a possible rescue came along but other than that... I like movement and doing physical things.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby Indigo Child » 09 Jun 2010, 06:38

Do we know if this is all this guy can do is meditate in order to maintain life without food or drink? For my money, I'll take the old fashioned way of sustaining life. Sitting on the floor meditating for 65 years isn't my idea of living. Now if I was stranded on an island with no food or water, it would be convenient to exist like this until a possible rescue came along but other than that... I like movement and doing physical things.


I think after a certain stage of meditation, when the mind has become attuned, the need for formal meditation
is lessened. I see meditation more as a tool to cultivate our mind. I can definitely see what you mean that you
would prefer living an active life for 65 years, than sitting around meditating. In the end the purpose of life is
to be lived. However, I think at the very start of ones life from childhood to adulthood, we should spend most of
our time developing our bodies and minds using meditation, Yoga, sports and arts. Imagine a society in which
people are brought up this way.
Indigo Child
 
Posts: 327
Joined: 22 May 2009, 08:01

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby smithshn » 12 Jun 2010, 21:14

It is an amazing thing. I wondered to knew that how can person leave without a meal or a drink? I want to know that from where he get the energy? Is there any secret technique?
Mistakes are the portal of discovery.
smithshn
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 11 Jun 2010, 03:49

PreviousNext

Return to Spirituality / Spiritual Teachings

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests