View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

65 years without a meal nor a drink!

Discuss Spirituality, Share Spiritual Teachings and Lessons.

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby Indigo Child » 01 Jun 2010, 12:03

Nostradamus, my pal, the difference between you and me I will always provide evidence and/or reasons for
statements I make

Let's check this out:
1. 10 days in 2003 - correct
2. 100 scientists - false
3. brain of a 25 year old - false
4. heart rate of a young athlete - false


2 and 4: True

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQPCYENn ... re=related

He was studied by the entire association of doctors in the 2003 controlled
scientific observation, which comprised of more than 100 doctors. There may
have been 23 main doctors, but others were involved as well in the entire study.

His heart rate is 55, which is way better than his age, and comparable to that of
an elite athlete.

3 True:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGF7EY2U ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQPCYENn ... re=related

The doctor also reports: However it should be made very clear that we have confirmed the claim over 10 days only and we as scientists and responsible doctors cannot say anything regarding validity of the claim of his sustaining without food, drinks, urination and excretion of stools over several years.


Yes, the doctor would have to say this, because his studies only show that he can survive for 10 days without food and water, and not pass any urine or stools. However, even these studies alone show that what the Indian scientists have called "biotransformation" taking place in his body where he able to sustain himself on a source of energy other than food and water, and be able to control involuntary biological processes like urine formation which is impossible according to existing understanding in biology.
Last edited by Indigo Child on 01 Jun 2010, 12:14, edited 1 time in total.
Indigo Child
 
Posts: 327
Joined: 22 May 2009, 08:01






Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby Indigo Child » 01 Jun 2010, 12:13

Nostradamus wrote:
which would be advanced stages of starvation and death according to conventional theories.

Please provide evidence. I know you won't because you have failed to provide any evidence for these claims.


Are you actually questioning the well known fact in biology that the without food and water one cannot survive more than 4 days?

From how stuff works:

­Now that we've established that food is something we can do without for a reasonable amount of time, we can move on to water. Living without water is very different from living without food. In hot conditions with no water, dehydration can set in within an hour. A baby locked in a hot car or someone who is physically overexerted in the heat without replacing fluids can actually die in a period of several hours.


Humans need water to live, plain and simple. We lose water through sweat, urine, feces and even breathing. This water needs to be replaced in order for our organs to continue to work properly. In severe heat, an adult can lose as much as 1.5 liters of water through sweat alone [source: Scientific American]. The main risk without water in high heat is that your body temperature will continue to rise and you'll suffer from heat stroke. Drinking water will cool you down and lower your core temperature.


With mild dehydration, you'll experience the following:


Lack of saliva
Decreased frequency of urine
Decreased output of urine
Deep color and strong odor in urine

Moderate dehydration:


Even less urine
Dry mouth
Dry and sunken eyes
Rapid heartbeat

Severe dehydration:


No urine
Lethargy and irritability
Vomiting and diarrhea

The final stage of dehydration is shock. This is characterized by blue-gray skin that's cold to the touch. A severe drop in blood pressure produces this coolness.


This man has survived 15 days without water in scientific controlled studies, and is in perfect health according to the doctors. He should be dead on day 4 or 5,
according to science and by day 3 he should be in extreme degeneration.
Indigo Child
 
Posts: 327
Joined: 22 May 2009, 08:01

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby ciscop » 01 Jun 2010, 13:12

Indigo Child wrote:
Nostradamus wrote:
which would be advanced stages of starvation and death according to conventional theories.

Please provide evidence. I know you won't because you have failed to provide any evidence for these claims.


Are you actually questioning the well known fact in biology that the without food and water one cannot survive more than 4 days?

From how stuff works:

­Now that we've established that food is something we can do without for a reasonable amount of time, we can move on to water. Living without water is very different from living without food. In hot conditions with no water, dehydration can set in within an hour. A baby locked in a hot car or someone who is physically overexerted in the heat without replacing fluids can actually die in a period of several hours.


Humans need water to live, plain and simple. We lose water through sweat, urine, feces and even breathing. This water needs to be replaced in order for our organs to continue to work properly. In severe heat, an adult can lose as much as 1.5 liters of water through sweat alone [source: Scientific American]. The main risk without water in high heat is that your body temperature will continue to rise and you'll suffer from heat stroke. Drinking water will cool you down and lower your core temperature.


With mild dehydration, you'll experience the following:


Lack of saliva
Decreased frequency of urine
Decreased output of urine
Deep color and strong odor in urine

Moderate dehydration:


Even less urine
Dry mouth
Dry and sunken eyes
Rapid heartbeat

Severe dehydration:


No urine
Lethargy and irritability
Vomiting and diarrhea

The final stage of dehydration is shock. This is characterized by blue-gray skin that's cold to the touch. A severe drop in blood pressure produces this coolness.

This man has survived 15 days without water in scientific controlled studies, and is in perfect health according to the doctors. He should be dead on day 4 or 5,
according to science and by day 3 he should be in extreme degeneration.


dude.. so you are saying breatharians are real?
this only proofs scientists and doctors can be tricked
thats it
it doesnt proof a HUMAN has been living without water nor food for 65 years, do you actually believe this? just asking
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
User avatar
ciscop
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: 22 Jul 2009, 12:04

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby Nostradamus » 01 Jun 2010, 13:12

Are you actually questioning the well known fact in biology that the without food and water one cannot survive more than 4 days?

Please provide a link. I already know this is false. I want to see what site you are using for a reference for your incorrect information.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
User avatar
Nostradamus
 
Posts: 1761
Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 14:08

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby Nostradamus » 01 Jun 2010, 13:16

The report produced by the person that ran the study says you are wrong. A youtube video for evidence?

You have stalwartly refused to post evidence and when you do you post a stupid video? That's funny.

His heart rate is 55, which is way better than his age, and comparable to that of
an elite athlete.

Wow. I'm an elite athlete and didn't know it. That's funny. It's sad that you think a person whose heart is listed as normal is that of an athlete.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
User avatar
Nostradamus
 
Posts: 1761
Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 14:08

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby Indigo Child » 01 Jun 2010, 15:00

dude.. so you are saying breatharians are real?
this only proofs scientists and doctors can be tricked
thats it
it doesnt proof a HUMAN has been living without water nor food for 65 years, do you actually believe this? just asking


I will answer your question in two parts

1. The scientific studies actually shows the breatherians are real,
because clearly this man is able to survive three times as long
as is possible for normal people, and remain in perfect health.
In other words he really is relying on an alterative means of nourish
ment. Strongly suggesting that he does not require food or water.

2. It is possible because of Prana. Prana is energy that flows through
all things in the world, food, water, light, air. It is needed to remain
alive. The traditional source of prana is food and water, because Prana
can also be obtained through light(as in photosynthesis) and oxygen, as well
as cosmic energy flowing space. The prana flows in the energy body in which
exits various channels(nadis) and main plexus points called chakras, which are
widely documented. All biological processes in the body require prana. The best
way to receive prana is through meditation when prana enters your crown chakra
and flows into the your entire body. It opens a gateway into the cosmic energy field
allowing the energy to flow in. Healers channel this cosmic energy during their healing
process.

Before there is anything called matter it is prana. Matter is simply the coarsification of
prana.
Indigo Child
 
Posts: 327
Joined: 22 May 2009, 08:01

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby NinjaPuppy » 01 Jun 2010, 20:16

I see plenty of information posted here to back up many of Indigo Child's statements. Just because you two skeptics don't agree with the content of that information doesn't make it go away. You asked for 'proof' and you were provided with links to justify Indigo's statements.

Here's my proof of my statement:

The report produced by the person that ran the study says you are wrong. A youtube video for evidence?

You have stalwartly refused to post evidence and when you do you post a stupid video? That's funny.

So which is it? Indigo Child refuses to post proof or you don't like the proof submitted? You can't have it both ways.

If you say that the proof submitted is bunk, then you need to post proof to back up your statement.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby NinjaPuppy » 01 Jun 2010, 20:30

While I am here, allow me to bring up another factoid and go back to what started this whole playground argument.
this guys is being currently investigated
he is going to be held by the military of india for 2 months!!
Prahlad Jani
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyk7KDsNDCA&feature=related[/youtube]
a breatharian.. whatever that is
http://www.dangerousminds.net/index.php ... hlad_jani/

Indigo Child did not start this topic. Ciscop did and his topic subject matter is interesting in nature. Ciscop asked a question, sort of..... stating that he did not know what a breatharian is. ND chimes in with a breatharian related website. Ciscop puts his two cents worth of comedy into the mix. Indigo Child makes a pleasant attempt to add information and you two start the skeptic fun and games. Four pages later it turns into the 'usual' WE WANT PROOF BS. Totally removed from the original information that this guy is (according to ciscop) currently being investigated and going to be held by the military of India for two months.

Geeze Louise! Talk about a pseudoskeptic mentality. Even a skeptic can't bring up an interesting topic without it turning into a free for all.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby ProfWag » 01 Jun 2010, 22:05

Shall we delve into additional information on the guru?

http://sanaledamaruku.blogspot.com/2010 ... es-on.html

It appears that this dude was NOT monitored 100% of the time and was even able to see "followers" during the test. As such, it appears that he could very well have received water and/or other nutrients during this test period or, at the very least, there appears to be questions in the test protocol of the subject.
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby NinjaPuppy » 02 Jun 2010, 02:52

Now that is a good argument! Thanks ProfWag.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby ciscop » 02 Jun 2010, 03:05

awesome article! thanks profwag
thats it!! Case closed

still
did we really need this article?
skepticism is great cause is help us not being gullible
while indigo just accept it without hessitation and even added a bunch of dumb stories (like the guy could walk miles without getting tired).
really??
we are talking about a guy NOT EATING nor DRINKING for 65 years!!
Last edited by ciscop on 02 Jun 2010, 03:07, edited 1 time in total.
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
User avatar
ciscop
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: 22 Jul 2009, 12:04

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby NinjaPuppy » 02 Jun 2010, 03:07

ciscop wrote:awesome article! thanks profwag

still
did we really need this article?

skepticism is great cause is help us not being gullible
while indigo just accept it without hessitation and even added a bunch of dumb stories (like the guy could walk miles without getting tired).
really??
we are talking about a guy NOT EATING nor DRINKING for 65 years!!

I don't know. Why don't you tell us ciscop? You are the original poster of this topic.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby Indigo Child » 02 Jun 2010, 03:09

ProfWag wrote:Shall we delve into additional information on the guru?

http://sanaledamaruku.blogspot.com/2010 ... es-on.html

It appears that this dude was NOT monitored 100% of the time and was even able to see "followers" during the test. As such, it appears that he could very well have received water and/or other nutrients during this test period or, at the very least, there appears to be questions in the test protocol of the subject.


I reviewed the article you mentioned and found the author to be uncredible. I know this author, as
I have seen an interview of this man Sanaledamaraku before, who is an Indian equivalent of James Randi.
He was being interviewed regarding Prahlad Jani on an indian television channel, which had a panel of
representatives discussing the matter. The hosts were impartial and were asking everybody their opinion,
of all of these Sanaledamaraku was the most erratic, forceful and barking of them. He just kept on ranting
"It is impossible" and then slurring the Sterling hospital team, "they are lying, they are devotees" he made
many slanderous comments, which even surprised the imparial hosts. He was pretty much accusing the
entire body of some 100 doctors, scientists that examined Prahalad Jani, even the defense research organization
of lying.

It is a common pseudoskeptic tactic to slander the researcher when they don't like the research data. Indeed, this
is what this mean is doing in the blog entry you posted to:

Shah is a deeply religious Jain. As the president of the Indian Jain Doctors' Federation (JDF), he proposes that via research, the still imperfect science of medicine is to be brought in line with the Jainist '"super-science" as revealed by the omniscient Lord Mahavir. We can only wonder whether his researcher eyes are sometimes clouded by religious zeal. Interestingly, many members of his team are Jains and his partner in the Manek test was a former president of JDF too.


He is making fun of his religion and the religion of his peers, what does this have anything to do with it?

Moreover, Sanale himself admits he was not part of the experiment and the research. How then does he have information of the protocols, much less the loopholes in the experiment? His information is contrary to the reports published by Sudhir Shah, which show very strong controls were done, including measuring the amount of water before and after he took a bath. Yes, he was allowed outside at times to sunbath, but was under surveillance and 24/7 CCTV. They also constantly monitored him using equipment to see if he had any intake of water or food.

As Sanae is not part of the scientific research team, he is not privy to any information. Sanaldelmauki is an obvious pseudoskeptic, non-objective and a disreputable man. I am sorry you are going to have to do better than cite this man. I wonder if Sudhir Shah and the whole team of Sterling hospital can file for defamation?
Last edited by Indigo Child on 02 Jun 2010, 03:17, edited 1 time in total.
Indigo Child
 
Posts: 327
Joined: 22 May 2009, 08:01

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby ciscop » 02 Jun 2010, 03:12

im just saying it is a dumb discussion
is like he is trying to sell me the story of the cottingly fairies
just truly naive people will fall for this stuff

it is impossible to survive on Sun
We are HUMANS, We are Mamals
why believers keep pushing for this idea that we are X-Men is beyond me
the human mind is capable of doing amazing stuff, but not surviving without food nor water for 65 years
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
User avatar
ciscop
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: 22 Jul 2009, 12:04

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby ProfWag » 02 Jun 2010, 03:12

ciscop wrote:awesome article! thanks profwag
thats it!! Case closed

still
did we really need this article?
skepticism is great cause is help us not being gullible
while indigo just accept it without hessitation and even added a bunch of dumb stories (like the guy could walk miles without getting tired).
really??
we are talking about a guy NOT EATING nor DRINKING for 65 years!!

Unfortunately, yes, we need these kinds of articles. Remember, there are people in this forum that don't believe that planes flew into the WTCs and other posters that will go to the darkness of their grave believing people can talk to dead people. So, yes, if someone can believe those things then, in my humble opinion, they can believe a man can live 70+ years without food.
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

PreviousNext

Return to Spirituality / Spiritual Teachings

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron