View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

65 years without a meal nor a drink!

Discuss Spirituality, Share Spiritual Teachings and Lessons.

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby Indigo Child » 01 Jun 2010, 07:57

Correct me if I am wrong, but what does David blain's glass box feat,
where he is has access to a water pipe and comes out of it physically
denegerated, have to do with this controlled scientific observation, in which Prahlad
Jani has no access to food or drink and is kept there for 10(2003) and 15(2010) days, and the doctors
report his health is above normal.

It sounds like you are exaggerating this weight loss fact, from the reports I have read
the doctors report slight weight loss, not significant weigh loss. The fact remains this
man has been able to live without food and water, under constant supervision for 10 and
15 days and remained healthy. Whereas for the normal person 4 days without food and water
would lead to death or extreme degeneration. Therefore clearly this man has something special
about him that defies current theories of biology and how the human body nourishes itself.

Again the fact that this man has actually undergone these controlled scientific tests is not disputed
by scientists. He has been evaluated by over 135 scientists and doctors to date. There is no evidence
of trickey or hoax here. Is there?
Indigo Child

Postby Nostradamus » 01 Jun 2010, 08:35

Those claiming hoax do you actually have evidence to the contrary, or are you just saying it just because you dont believe this has been done?

I don't have to prove that this case is real.

You claim its real. Show us the evidence. You say you "looked at several different sources". Show us the evidence.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby Indigo Child » 01 Jun 2010, 08:43

Nostradamus wrote:
Those claiming hoax do you actually have evidence to the contrary, or are you just saying it just because you dont believe this has been done?

I don't have to prove that this case is real.

You claim its real. Show us the evidence. You say you "looked at several different sources". Show us the evidence.

Hey buster, you are the one that claimed that Buddha boy cheated and Prahlad Jani is a hoax. I asked you for evidence,
where is it? Either cough it up or eat your words.
Indigo Child

Postby Nostradamus » 01 Jun 2010, 09:45

No, the claim was made by the doctors that examined him and measured these various biological indicators using such things as MRI scans. Have you actually read and watched the available publications and videos online on him? It seems you haven't.

Really? Show us the evidence.

Even if it was true

So you really haven't looked at this issue have you?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20100511/sc_livescience/indianmysticclaimsnottoeatfor70years
He was examined in 2003 for about a week, during which time, he apparently did not eat or exercise - but he did lose weight.

First place I look I find out that he did lose weight.

Several people who have claimed to survive without food or water were later caught eating and drinking. It can take only a few seconds to eat something, and other than in specific areas such as prisons, conducting a close around-the-clock surveillance on a person is not easy. Often the person will ask for privacy to sleep or go to the bathroom (which is suspicious in its own right) - and then snack surreptitiously. One well-known breatharian advocate in the 1980s, a man named Wiley Brooks, claimed he did not eat yet was caught consuming junk food.
Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 01 Jun 2010, 09:57

The observations therefore suggest that this a real phenomenon and the previous theories of how long
the body can survive without food and water are false, and there are alternative means of nourishment
beyond food and water for the body.

Got any proof other than your hearsay?

And that Buddha Boy was kept separated from people. No one would come within 15 feet. He was not observed at night.

Back in 2005 it seems that the police started to investigate the location of funds that had been donated.
http://irregulartimes.com/index.php/archives/2005/11/25/ram-bomjon-investigation/
It seems that, although thousands of people had gathered to witness the apparent miracle that was supposed to be Ram Bomjon, a large number of these thousands left when it became clear that Bomjon’s handlers would not allow anyone else to actually see the boy.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Buddha_Boy
Bomjon was observed not to leave the tree at least during the daytime, but nobody was allowed to approach him too closely. Between 5:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m. nobody was allowed to see him, and a screen was erected for that purpose. Many people speculated that he ate and drank water during that time.

In December 2005, a nine-member government committee led by Gunjaman Lama watched Bomjon carefully for 48 hours and observed him not to take any food or water during that time. A video recording was also made of this test. However, they were unable to approach closer than 3 meters or take readings of his vital signs. A group of rationalist physicians tried to conduct an independent study but were prevented from doing so by the screen erected at night. The Nepalese government planned a more careful scientific study but this plan was later scrapped.

More recently, the Discovery Channel did record Bomjon's meditation on a 96-hours non-stop video, and for those total of 4 days, Bomjon didn't eat, drink, or move. Doctors interviewed in the documentary were stunned, and noted that for an explanation of Ram's activities, the science textbooks must be rewritten. The documentary was later packed in the special show of 'The Boy with Divine Powers'.

So in all that time there is a 4 day time period in which he could not eat or drink at night.
Nostradamus

Postby ciscop » 01 Jun 2010, 10:05

i really cant believe i am having a debate over a guy that says he didnt ate in 65 years..
i posted this to have fun
i would never tought there was a guy out there so gullible that could fall for this
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby Nostradamus » 01 Jun 2010, 10:05

It gets better all of the time doesn't it?
http://www.neatorama.com/2006/02/15/nepal-buddha-boy-burst-into-flame/
Nepal Buddha Boy Burst Into Flame?

For the past nine months, the 15-year-old has sat, meditating at the base of a peepal tree in Nepal’s Bara District, without food, water, sleep or the need to use the toilet. If that was not remarkable enough, on January 19, he spontaneously combusted, burning off the clothes he has worn for nine months but leaving no scars. Lest there be doubters, his followers caught that combustion on video and plan to present the footage, seen by The Age, at a news conference in Kathmandu, soon.

Here is an alternate story to his whereabouts
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4824530.stm
The alleged meeting is the first news of the boy's possible whereabouts since he disappeared on 11 March. District authorities say they cannot confirm the sighting.

His followers say he has been meditating for 10 months without food or water and is immune to fire and snake bites.

But these claims have not been independently verified. Scientists were unable to examine the boy as his followers said it would disturb his meditation.

So what we have lots of unverified claims and an effort to make sure that none of these claims can be verified.

Walks like duck, and sounds like a duck. It's a HOAX!
Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 01 Jun 2010, 10:18

Can you believe it? Took this nonsense story hook, line, and sinker.
Nostradamus

Postby Indigo Child » 01 Jun 2010, 10:42

I am thinking of changing my name to skeptic buster lol

You keep shouting hoax, nonsense, ridiculous, but you still have
not provided any evidence for this. I hope you understand that
even a negative claim carries a burden of proof. I won't let you
get away with making claims without backing it up with proof.

Anyway now it has been confirmed that the boy did in fact remain
sitting still in meditation for 4 days(96 hours) without food, drink
and water, which would be advanced stages of starvation and death
according to conventional theories.

In other words this phenomenon of breatherianism is not nonsense at all,
but something we actually have loads of evidence for now. The 96 hour
recording by the discovery channel showing that the boy did indeed remain
meditating for 4 days. The 10 day(2003) and 15 day(2010) controlled scientific
observations and tests of Prahlad Jani that confirm he did indeed not eat and drink
and remained healthy.

The phenomenon of breatherianism is no more ridiculous than any other paranormal
claim. Nor are the associated claims associated with Buddha boy of spontaneous human
combustion and surviving snake bites. If you are going to critically approach any paranormal
claim you are going to be dealing with phenomena that challenges traditional views of what is
possible. Deal with it.
Last edited by Indigo Child on 01 Jun 2010, 10:52, edited 1 time in total.
Indigo Child

Postby Nostradamus » 01 Jun 2010, 10:52

Regarding the old man, he was observed for 10 days under clinical conditions in 2003, constantly being filmed. The biological readings were taken by this 100 scientist strong team which tell us that he indeed does have the brain function of a 25 year old and the heart rate of a young athlete. It may nog seem like it by looking at the old man, but the scientific data is saying the opposite.

Let's check this out:
1. 10 days in 2003 - correct
2. 100 scientists - false
3. brain of a 25 year old - false
4. heart rate of a young athlete - false

Let's see what the doctor in charge stated:
He was kept in Sterling Hospital (Gurukul Road, Ahmedabad) from 13/11/03
(10:00 AM) to 22/11/03 (10:00 AM) for observation.

2. He lists 23 doctors plus "Several other doctors also examined him from time to time."
3. The only head study done was
MR Angiography of Brain, Neck & abdomen was unremarkable.

ECG and cardiac evaluation were normal

The doctor also reports.
However it should be made very clear that we have confirmed the claim over 10 days only and we as scientists and responsible doctors cannot say anything regarding validity of the claim of his sustaining without food, drinks, urination and excretion of stools over several years.

Read the whole report if you want.
http://www.sudhirneuro.org/files/mataji_case_study.pdf
Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 01 Jun 2010, 10:53

You keep shouting hoax, nonsense, ridiculous, but you still have not provided any evidence for this. I hope you understand that even a negative claim carries a burden of proof. I won't let you get away with making claims without backing it up with proof.

LOL, look who's talking. You don't provide evidence. :lol:
Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 01 Jun 2010, 10:55

which would be advanced stages of starvation and death according to conventional theories.

Please provide evidence. I know you won't because you have failed to provide any evidence for these claims.
Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 01 Jun 2010, 10:57

The phenomenon of breatherianism is no more ridiculous than any other paranormal
claim.

Let's see how you can learn to be a Breatherian.

http://www.breatharian.com/importantnotice.html
Please do not waste time trying to contact me if you do not have the $1,000,000.00 to pay for the workshop. Any further information pertaining to the workshops that is not on my web-site will be given only to those people who have made the $10,000 deposit.

Don't you just like round figures?
Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 01 Jun 2010, 11:03

This is too hilarious. Thanks for the chuckles.
The 10 day(2003) and 15 day(2010) controlled scientific observations

Do you have any evidence that this was a controlled scientific observation? Was the study published or put in the peer review process? No.

Buddha boy of spontaneous human combustion and surviving snake bites.

These are claims one of which is false. He showed up after supposedly "combusting" as his followers claimed. Any evidence he was bit by a poisonous snake?

Deal with it.

Provide some evidence at least for these claims.
Nostradamus

Postby ciscop » 01 Jun 2010, 11:40

im reading the breatharian site

Please do not waste time trying to contact me if you do not have the $1,000,000.00 to pay for the workshop. Any further information pertaining to the workshops that is not on my web-site will be given only to those people who have made the $10,000 deposit.

THATS A SCAM!!!!!
how dumb can somebody be to fall for this?
you know whats interesting?
he says the world is going to end on 2012 yet he needs money??
WTF???

are believers really this dumb?
i guess they are, they keep killing themselves following cults
what a dumb bunch
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

PreviousNext

Return to Spirituality / Spiritual Teachings