Sponsors: Expat Living Forum

View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Mobile Version          Join Mailing List

65 years without a meal nor a drink!

Discuss Spirituality, Share Spiritual Teachings and Lessons.

Re: 65years without a meal nor a drink!!

Postby Wilhelm » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:44 am

Share |

You guys are hilarious. Why would I need to have a position on this guys claims? I asked a question.

What's your position?

Postby ProfWag » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:52 am

Wilhelm wrote:You guys are hilarious. Why would I need to have a position on this guys claims? I asked a question.

What's your position?

If you are honestly asking what our position is (myself and really?), then I will answer that with an exact quote from yourself 3 or 4 posts back: "Reading comprehension. it's a sad state of affairs that your so many of your posts can be answered like that."

Postby Wilhelm » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:56 am

State it, then.

Postby ProfWag » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:10 pm

Wilhelm wrote:State it, then.

See my post on page 11 of this thread, 6th one down from the top.

Postby Wilhelm » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:56 pm

ProfWag wrote:

So your position had changed from when you said this:

ProfWag wrote:I personally didn't use the term "hoax," (though I do believe it is)

You've also said,

ProfWag wrote:There is quite a bit of evidence that this yogi has indeed eaten and drank in the past 70 years.

But didn't provide any.

Also, has your position changed since it's been demonstrated that the debunking job is a hoax. I browsed through your comments in this thread and, quite a few times you brought up Edamaruku's claims that Jani went off camera, yet Edamaruku doesn't seem to have any evidence of such an occurrence. It appears that he simply made it up, and tried to deceive people. So, has that changed your position at all?

Postby ProfWag » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:25 pm

Wilhelm wrote:
ProfWag wrote:

So your position had changed from when you said this:

ProfWag wrote:I personally didn't use the term "hoax," (though I do believe it is)

You've also said,

ProfWag wrote:There is quite a bit of evidence that this yogi has indeed eaten and drank in the past 70 years.

But didn't provide any.

Also, has your position changed since it's been demonstrated that the debunking job is a hoax. I browsed through your comments in this thread and, quite a few times you brought up Edamaruku's claims that Jani went off camera, yet Edamaruku doesn't seem to have any evidence of such an occurrence. It appears that he simply made it up, and tried to deceive people. So, has that changed your position at all?

No, my position hasn't changed. I saw video where the yogi could very easily have been provided food or drink and this yogi went off camera (behind a person, yes, but still off camera). I also haven't seen all 360 hours since, well, the good Doctor in charge won't release it. Finally, this video is presented in a language I cannot speak so I don't know what Edamaruku was saying in support of his video.
I do believe that this was a hoax, at least between Jani and someone else, possibly Shah himself. Why do I suggest that? Because this yogi only wants Shah to do his experiments. Why is that? Shouldn't something so important be cross-referenced and validated by an independent tester? At least, that's the "scientific" way to do it. I'll leave the door open enough for that gnat though, even though I hate those pesky little creatures.

Postby Wilhelm » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:41 pm

So, you believe it to be a hoax without any evidence, yet you still lend credence to Edamaruku even though it's conclusive that he in intending to deceive.

Of course he could have been given food or drink. Entirely possible. It's also entirely possible that the whole story itself is a hoax, there were no other doctors involved, it had nothing to do with DIPAS, and there were no ethics committees. A lot of things are possible.

Which is why I wanted to see some evidence, other than some debunker being deceptive.

Postby ProfWag » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:04 pm

Wilhelm wrote:So, you believe it to be a hoax without any evidence, yet you still lend credence to Edamaruku even though it's conclusive that he in intending to deceive.

Of course he could have been given food or drink. Entirely possible. It's also entirely possible that the whole story itself is a hoax, there were no other doctors involved, it had nothing to do with DIPAS, and there were no ethics committees. A lot of things are possible.

Which is why I wanted to see some evidence, other than some debunker being deceptive.

Believing and knowing are two different things. Yes, I still believe it to be a hoax. Do I know it is? No. However, yes, I do have evidence that it was. Whether I give credence to Ed really isn't all that important if one keeps in mind that Dr. Shah did not follow unquestionable protocol for this feat of human endourance. Knowing that Jani was allowed to receive guests during this timeframe brings the protocol into question. Unfortunately, because of shoddy testing controls, we will probably never know the truth about this man who claims he hasn't eaten since World War II.

Postby Wilhelm » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:20 pm

The fact that he was allowed guests is not evidence, and the fact that there are brief seconds where other individuals are blocking view of Jani's head are not evidence of a hoax. So, no, you don't have any evidence that it was a hoax. Circumstances which enable a hoax to be a possibility is not evidence of a hoax.

Postby ProfWag » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:25 pm

Wilhelm wrote:The fact that he was allowed guests is not evidence, and the fact that there are brief seconds where other individuals are blocking view of Jani's head are not evidence of a hoax. So, no, you don't have any evidence that it was a hoax. Circumstances which enable a hoax to be a possibility is not evidence of a hoax.

I would like to point out that your use of the term "the fact that there are brief seconds..." is debatable. First off, yes, it appears to be factual that there were brief seconds, but since the tapes of the entire 360 hours are not available to the public, we don't know if this "fact" doesn't include minutes or even hours where Jani was not in view. Not that I would watch him for 360 hours, but I'd definitely donate an hour of my time if I could get 359 other individuals to watch an hour as well.
You may not consider it evidence of a hoax, but I consider it evidence that the test protocol was not very good, hence, not ruling out a hoax as a legitimate possibility.

Postby Wilhelm » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:53 pm

ProfWag wrote:
Wilhelm wrote:The fact that he was allowed guests is not evidence, and the fact that there are brief seconds where other individuals are blocking view of Jani's head are not evidence of a hoax. So, no, you don't have any evidence that it was a hoax. Circumstances which enable a hoax to be a possibility is not evidence of a hoax.

I would like to point out that your use of the term "the fact that there are brief seconds..." is debatable. First off, yes, it appears to be factual that there were brief seconds, but since the tapes of the entire 360 hours are not available to the public, we don't know if this "fact" doesn't include minutes or even hours where Jani was not in view. Not that I would watch him for 360 hours, but I'd definitely donate an hour of my time if I could get 359 other individuals to watch an hour as well.

It's a fact based on the available evidence. And, if you want to really get into semantics, I can say that even if those brief seconds when his head isn't visible were repeated 5 times a day, every day of the experiment, my statement would still be correct. It would just be that those brief seconds were repeated 40 or 50 times. ;)

ProfWag wrote:You may not consider it evidence of a hoax, but I consider it evidence that the test protocol was not very good, hence, not ruling out a hoax as a legitimate possibility.

Well I don't consider it evidence of a hoax, because it's not. But if you're saying that the test protocol wasn't very good, then do you think the man should have been isolated and strapped to a table or something? And you wonder why he doesn't want to subject himself to anyone other than Shah. If i had the ability to do what Jani claims, I certainly wouldn't want to put up with that. I wouldn't want to put up with that for any reason. Would you?

Postby really? » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:58 pm

Wilhelm wrote:You guys are hilarious. Why would I need to have a position on this guys claims? I asked a question.

What's your position?

If you have no position then why argue at all ?
I thought I stated previously it is was all a hoax.

Postby Wilhelm » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:42 pm

really? wrote:

What's your position?

If you have no position then why argue at all ?
I thought I stated previously it is was all a hoax.

if you continually post nonsense without any evidence, why do you post?

I asked a question. why are these very simple things so difficult for you? It's because you're here to troll.

Postby The_Grand_Illusion » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:37 am

has anyone mentioned Therese Neumann or Hira R. Manek or other yogis in this thread? (don't have the energy or time to go through every page checking.) inedia's been around for a while--the body metabolises light, uses it for internal communication, and emits light in pretty large amounts too... nothing that amazing about it, IMHO--once you study our occult anatomy a little... :)
Brendan D. Murphy is the author of the forthcoming book series on the nature of reality and consciousness, The Grand Illusion: A Synthesis of Science, Mysticism and the Occult. Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Grand-Illusion-TGI/151764238172173?ref=ts

It's all just a dream, and the dream is dreaming itself...

Previous

Return to Spirituality / Spiritual Teachings