View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

10 reasons you should never get a job

Discuss Other Topics not related to the Paranormal or Conspiracies (within reason of course).

Re: 10 reasons you should never get a job

Postby ProfWag » 10 Dec 2009, 05:20

No, not really. It's been marketed as "Fosters, Australian for beer" quite heavily but I don't really see a lot of people drinking it though they must have done pretty well to afford the marketing they do. I personally like it from time to time mixed with a touch of lime juice as it reminds me a little of my lager and lime days in a British pub (please don't take offense in comparing the two.) There are a few imports that do quite well such as Heineken, Corona, Guinness, and maybe Harp, among others, but unfortunately, the laws in the States are such that they taste nothing at all like the do in their home country. So, you should actually be happy that we don't have a lot of Australian beer here as if you would ever try one, you would be insulted that the taste had changed.
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3846
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: 10 reasons you should never get a job

Postby NinjaPuppy » 10 Dec 2009, 06:51

I have news for you ProfWag... even Pepsi and Coke taste different here. We get the added bonus of corn syrup. The rest of the world gets the good stuff... real sugar.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: 10 reasons you should never get a job

Postby Nostradamus » 10 Dec 2009, 10:43

Warrigal I love the Toohey's ad where the women opens the beer using her navel. Great ad.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
User avatar
Nostradamus
 
Posts: 1761
Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 14:08

Re: 10 reasons you should never get a job

Postby ProfWag » 10 Dec 2009, 22:52

NinjaPuppy wrote:I have news for you ProfWag... even Pepsi and Coke taste different here. We get the added bonus of corn syrup. The rest of the world gets the good stuff... real sugar.

Oh yes, I know Ninja. (remember I spent 9 years all over Europe and the Middle East). So do Big Macs, wine, (especially wine) and almost everything else.
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3846
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: 10 reasons you should never get a job

Postby NinjaPuppy » 11 Dec 2009, 01:35

ProfWag wrote:Oh yes, I know Ninja. (remember I spent 9 years all over Europe and the Middle East).

Yes. But do you have an evidence that in that 9 years you actually ate?

Man, this being a skeptic is fun. :lol:
Sometimes I just crack myself up.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: 10 reasons you should never get a job

Postby ProfWag » 11 Dec 2009, 01:52

NinjaPuppy wrote:
ProfWag wrote:Oh yes, I know Ninja. (remember I spent 9 years all over Europe and the Middle East).

Yes. But do you have an evidence that in that 9 years you actually ate?

Man, this being a skeptic is fun. :lol:
Sometimes I just crack myself up.

Actually, I do. I had lunch with Prince Charles once and got a picture of me stuffing my mouth with a ham samich. But out of 9 years, that is the only time I ate. ;-)
(You're right, being a skeptic CAN be more fun...)
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3846
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: 10 reasons you should never get a job

Postby NinjaPuppy » 11 Dec 2009, 04:21

I'm sorry but being the temporary skeptic that I am, I must apply critical thinking to your claims. Since you haven't bothered to include all pertinent information about this 9 years on a ham sammich claim of yours, I can't take you seriously.

How can you expect a one hour skeptic to believe anything you say when you haven't given any details? Did the sammich have cheese? How about the mayo theory? Do you even know what the mayo theory is? Have you done your research? Was butter substituted for mayo, as it is the acceptable condiment in the UK? I don't know how you expect me to consider your eternal life sammich valid in light of your lack of basic information.

Your information lacks credibility due to omitted facts. If you're going to make claims such as this, please back them up with credible sources. I refuse to comment any further on these claims until you produce a dill pickle. Honestly, I just don't understand how you expect anyone to take you seriously.

Yup. This is fun! :lol:
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: 10 reasons you should never get a job

Postby ProfWag » 11 Dec 2009, 04:45

NinjaPuppy wrote:I'm sorry but being the temporary skeptic that I am, I must apply critical thinking to your claims. Since you haven't bothered to include all pertinent information about this 9 years on a ham sammich claim of yours, I can't take you seriously.

How can you expect a one hour skeptic to believe anything you say when you haven't given any details? Did the sammich have cheese? How about the mayo theory? Do you even know what the mayo theory is? Have you done your research? Was butter substituted for mayo, as it is the acceptable condiment in the UK? I don't know how you expect me to consider your eternal life sammich valid in light of your lack of basic information.

Your information lacks credibility due to omitted facts. If you're going to make claims such as this, please back them up with credible sources. I refuse to comment any further on these claims until you produce a dill pickle. Honestly, I just don't understand how you expect anyone to take you seriously.

Yup. This is fun! :lol:

Hot Dang Ninja, I think you've got it!!!! Now, let me see if I can do this...
I understand my evidence is anectodal, but many skeptics perform things in their every day life that are anectodal but very much accepted. The sammich actually had a form of relish on the ham, presumably to make it fancy enough for a king. Anyway, I know what I did and there's nothing you can say to make me think otherwise. I KNOW it happened, even if you fail to accept it!
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3846
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: 10 reasons you should never get a job

Postby NinjaPuppy » 11 Dec 2009, 04:51

Where is the dill pickle?
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: 10 reasons you should never get a job

Postby NinjaPuppy » 11 Dec 2009, 04:59

ProfWag wrote:The sammich actually had a form of relish on the ham, presumably to make it fancy enough for a king.

I relish to point out the fact that you have now presume to changed your story and once again you are mistaken. Prince Charles in NOT a king. Thereforehitherto, it is only your opinion that this sammich was fit for a king and not actually made for a king. Even you should know that!

Unless you are claiming to be royalty yourself, you need to stop misleading people with these claims.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: 10 reasons you should never get a job

Postby ProfWag » 11 Dec 2009, 05:05

NinjaPuppy wrote:
ProfWag wrote:The sammich actually had a form of relish on the ham, presumably to make it fancy enough for a king.

I relish to point out the fact that you have now presume to changed your story and once again you are mistaken. Prince Charles in NOT a king. Thereforehitherto, it is only your opinion that this sammich was fit for a king and not actually made for a king. Even you should know that!

Unless you are claiming to be royalty yourself, you need to stop misleading people with these claims.

I actually meant "fit for a king" but it was too difficult for me to concentrate trying to be a believer. Anyway, this believer stuff is too hard work. I'm going back to being a skeptic. It's so much easier to sit back and just say "Oh yea? Prove it..." ;-)
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3846
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: 10 reasons you should never get a job

Postby NinjaPuppy » 11 Dec 2009, 05:08

Where's the dill pickle?
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: 10 reasons you should never get a job

Postby ProfWag » 11 Dec 2009, 05:18

NinjaPuppy wrote:Where's the dill pickle?

I really hate to say this, but I have no idea what you mean. :?
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3846
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: 10 reasons you should never get a job

Postby NinjaPuppy » 11 Dec 2009, 05:47

ProfWag wrote:
NinjaPuppy wrote:Where's the dill pickle?

I really hate to say this, but I have no idea what you mean. :?

You obviously didn't read what I had said:
NinjaSkeptic wrote:Your information lacks credibility due to omitted facts. If you're going to make claims such as this, please back them up with credible sources. I refuse to comment any further on these claims until you produce a dill pickle.

Since my one hour stint as a temporary skeptic is now up, I will revert back to my normal, long winded self.

Basically this whole little role play thing is what it seems like at times to be a believer on an Internet forum. It's as if our every word is scrutinized for accuracy and validity. Most of which we state right off is a personal experience or annectdotal. It is, what it is. It can't be proved and it can't be disproved. It can be beaten to death for 11 pages between believers and skeptics, but just like this topic, it eventually morphs and takes on a life of it's own.

The dill pickle thing was an example of what skeptics do at times when they don't get a proper answer to one of their questions. They keep asking the same thing over and over without fail and use it as a weapon rather than say to the OP that the reason you can't answer that question is because it can't be answered scientifically or with math or logic.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: 10 reasons you should never get a job

Postby ProfWag » 11 Dec 2009, 06:09

Point well taken. However, if someone comes on here and says they KNOW that psychics, TK, etc. is real, I'm still going to call them out.
Here's why: Believe it or not, I desparately want things such as ESP, mediums, or anything paranormal to be proven real and valid. I really do. Heck, do you know how bad I'd like to know that my Mom and Dad are together again? So when someone comes on here and says they "know" something, I'm going to want to know how they "know" because if they do, I want to hear from my parents. However, I'm too damn proud to get fooled by trickery and that makes me skeptical of everything. Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, well, shame on me.
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3846
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Board

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests