[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Great films worth seeing : Off-Topic Board • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Great films worth seeing

Discuss Other Topics not related to the Paranormal or Conspiracies (within reason of course).

Great films worth seeing

Postby Scepcop » 05 Mar 2011, 14:52

This has stellar reviews and takes place in my favorite beautiful canyons of Utah!

127 Hours
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1542344/

Trailer:

This one, starring Natalie Portman, has extremely high reviews from users and seems like a riveting story with ballerinas descending into insanity and evil, especially with the masterpiece Swan Lake in it.

Black Swan
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0947798/

Trailer:

This film about the exorcism and demonic possession of a teen girl in England was better than I expected. It was suspenseful, creative and artistic in certain scenes, and much better than the classic film "The Exorcist". Amazingly, even though all the scenes take place in daylight rather than nighttime (which is unusual for a horror film), it is still scary as hell. The possessed teenage bitch in the film starts killing members of her own family too, and destroys their spirit, and it gets even worse when they discover that the priest trying to help her had a diabolic plot of his own all along.

Exorcismus
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1322306/

Trailer:
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: Some new highly rated movies I recommend

Postby Scepcop » 05 Mar 2011, 14:54

Btw, check out this poster of "127 Hours". It's a clear symbol of the Illuminati/Freemasonic pyramid and all seeing eye that you find on the back of the dollar bill too.

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Arouet » 05 Mar 2011, 19:22

Haven't seen the others, but Black Swan was amazing! I'm glad Portman won the Oscar for her role!
Arouet

Postby curious » 08 Mar 2011, 05:26

I've only seen Black Swan as well, which was fantastic.

I'm going to have to see Exorcismus simply because it deals with exorcism. I get a real kick out of demon possession/exorcism movies.
"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it." -- Oscar Wilde
curious

Postby Scepcop » 12 Mar 2011, 21:59

Did any of you see that movie about the afterlife, called "Hereafter" with Matt Damon? It was pretty good and interesting, though the plot was a bit wooden. Here is the trailer for it.

Info from IMDB:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1212419/
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 07 Aug 2011, 01:08

This looks good. I gotta go see it.

Trailer for Rise of the Planet of the Apes

I wonder if it's a prequel to the one they made 10 years ago, with Mark Walburg?

Or at least a prequel to the original Planet of the Apes where the apes are the civilized rulers and the humans are the savage beasts that have to be tamed. lol
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby NinjaPuppy » 07 Aug 2011, 01:11

NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 07 Aug 2011, 04:42

ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 07 Aug 2011, 05:44

I will be waiting for your review.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Arouet » 07 Aug 2011, 12:09

Saw Harry Potter last night - fun end to the series!
Arouet

Postby ProfWag » 07 Aug 2011, 21:08

Well, "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" was a pretty good movie and one I would recommend. There really is very little, if anything, that would compare it to the original series. It appeared to be loosly based on the Conquest of the POTA, but again, it was more of a modern day theory and a VERY loosly based prequal as to how apes could evolve to speak and be more human. If you go into it thinking it will be like the original, you'll be disappointed as again, it's nothing like it. I don't want to spoil the ending or anything, but essentially the premise was about a man trying to find a cure for his Dad's Alzheimer's and had discovered an injection that could help. The apes that it was tested on became more intelligent and eventually turned into an experiment gone awry. There was an emotional bond between the Doctor and the first monkey and that bond played out throughout the movie. The best line in the movie was when one of the men who cared for the monkey cried out "Get your stinking paws off me you damned, dirty ape!" That was really about the only connection with the original movie. Overall, I would give it a solid "B," and maybe a "B+."
ProfWag

Postby Craig Browning » 07 Aug 2011, 23:31

Caught this yesterday and loved it! It is far more viable in premise than the original with Roddy McDowel. I really hope they do one thing that the earlier creators of the project didn't do; create at least one other prequel that shows how the virus spreads, affecting humans as well as their traditional pets. . . this was a key factor in the original films; how a virus killed off traditional pets (dogs & cats) and the primates became a natural replacement that ultimately became subjugated to a kind of enslavement. . . I think in this instance that would be more of a "second citizen" sort of thing; apes fighting for their civil rights, right to get married, etc. :roll:

Needless to say, this ultimately leads to an over-all revolt with ape forcing humans into submission 8-)

They would have to hold to the style and feel of this particular film though, that's the only way I can see it working.

But I've always loved the Ape series.
Craig Browning

Postby ProfWag » 08 Aug 2011, 00:11

ProfWag

Postby Scepcop » 08 Aug 2011, 00:12

Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 08 Aug 2011, 00:14

Scepcop
Site Admin

Next

Return to Off-Topic Board