[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Great films worth seeing : Off-Topic Board - Page 2 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Great films worth seeing

Discuss Other Topics not related to the Paranormal or Conspiracies (within reason of course).

Re: Some new highly rated movies I recommend

Postby Scepcop » 08 Aug 2011, 00:23

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby ProfWag » 08 Aug 2011, 00:25

ProfWag

Postby Arouet » 08 Aug 2011, 00:32

Arouet

Postby Scepcop » 08 Aug 2011, 01:09

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 08 Aug 2011, 01:12

Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby ProfWag » 08 Aug 2011, 02:00

ProfWag

Postby Arouet » 08 Aug 2011, 03:54

Arouet

Postby Craig Browning » 08 Aug 2011, 23:38

Harry's a part of the Illuminati? :o

Winston, you really need to get to some 12-step meetings and get off the bad crack. . . at least find a dealer with better quality stuff, the stuff you're smoke'n is really doing a number on your paranoia.

As to Monkey Land. . . as I said, I know the original films quite well as well as the Tv series (even had the lunch box) and went out for Halloween as one of the apes wearing make-up I made based on the original latex methods. . . I'd say I was a bit vested.

The last in that series with the Rocket was STUPID, wish they'd never made it. Then again, I really got tired fast of Heston thinking he was really Moses. . .

If you haven't caught on, ALL movies and 99% of television is a waste of time. . . that's the purpose of it, to waste time. Same goes for games, novels, the funny papers, dessert, vacations and a very long list of other expectations 20th/21st century western culture has gotten addicted to... especially things like Internet Forums, Youtube, Twitter, Face Book and other recently contributed garbage we are all guilty of being involved with and yet, it serves little if any genuine purpose outside of spreading paranoia in one flavor or another, create dividing lines when it comes to politics as well as education & social roles, and worse of all, robbed us from having an actual life in which we intermingle physically with one another and actually get to know who our neighbors are, what they do, who belongs to whom and what's actually happening in town when it comes to development, commerce and politics.

Planet of the Ages was originally about racism in the 60s as well as social reformation and advancing certain facets of analytical thinking believe it or not. Harry Potter, in its own way, accomplishes similar things but most importantly it got a very large number of young people off the theirs, out from in front of the TV or a PC and READING something while allowing their imagination to flow just as kids did a century ago with the Twain stories of Huck & Tom, etc. That's the purpose and in my book, that's not wasting time in any way. It's a blessing that far too many of us take for granted now days, forgetting how many people on the planet are still illiterate and as the end result, being horribly abused.

I'm not a huge fan of CGI -- I love cartoons & good animation but when I go to see a film I want to see Movie Sets, Costumes and ACTING rather than what it's all become; on this we can certainly agree. Yet, I can't imagine what production costs would end up being given the greed now weighting this nation into a grave and what can only be described as one of the more Union Driven industries in the nation. . . outside professional sports I can't think of a greedier, arrogant bunch.
Craig Browning

Postby NinjaPuppy » 09 Aug 2011, 19:11

NinjaPuppy

Postby Craig Browning » 09 Aug 2011, 23:19

Craig Browning

Eyes Wide Shut - Amazing and Disturbing

Postby Scepcop » 11 Aug 2011, 22:33

I just saw Eyes Wide Shut last night, the film that Stanley Kubrick was allegedly killed for making. And wow, man, I can't believe a film like that was ever released. It was a masterpiece and even at 2 hrs 40 min, it was very gripping. The Illuminati sex magic rituals were intense and scary. And the events that followed were disturbing, as Tom Cruise learns not to mess with the secret affairs of the elite. When you see it, you understand why Stanley Kubric, perhaps the greatest director of all time, was ofted 3 or 4 days after showing it to the executives. What the film shows is just forbidden, plain and simple. After he died, the movie execs edited out the scenes that Kubrick refused to remove, and never allowed any director's cut version to be released.

There is also a lot of nudity and hot female bodies in this movie, so you guys out there should be pleased with that. Regardless of what you think about the Illuminati, this film is a masterpiece and work of art in surrealism, and a must see on those grounds alone.

If you want to watch it, you can go rent it or download it for free from PirateBay.org.

You guys have got to see it. You'll be blown away. Let me know what you think if you see it.

It's also morbidly disturbing at the same time, with many mysteries and unanswered questions that leave it up to the viewer's interpretation.
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 11 Aug 2011, 22:59

Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: Some highly rated movies I recommend

Postby Scepcop » 11 Aug 2011, 23:05

Check out this horror classic "The Shining (1980)" by Stanley Kubrick, perhaps the greatest director of all time. It's based on the Stephen King novel and stars Jack Nicholson and Shelley Duvall. As usual with Kubrick films, there are a lot of unanswered questions and mysteries that are left open to interpretation.

Description:

A family heads to an isolated hotel for the winter where an evil presence influences the father, while his psychic son sees horrific forebodings from the past and of the future. What does it all mean?

Part 1 of 15:

Scepcop
Site Admin

Inception?

Postby Scepcop » 11 Aug 2011, 23:12

Any of you seen Inception? Was it any good? The reviews say it is a very complex multi-layered story.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1375666/reviews

I never got to see it. So I'll try to check it out.

Here is the trailer by the way.

Scepcop
Site Admin

The Fountain and The Tree of Life

Postby Scepcop » 22 Aug 2011, 19:02

Check out these films. A lot of people have rated them as 10 star masterpieces!

The Fountain

Spanning over one thousand years, and three parallel stories, The Fountain is a story of love, death, spirituality, and the fragility of our existence in this world.

Look! Everyone on IMDB gave it 10 stars! They said that it's comparable to 2001: A Space Odyssey as perhaps the greatest film ever made!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0414993/reviews

Here's the trailer.

The Tree of Life

This unusual film starring Brad Pitt and Sean Penn is supposed to be a weird one that jumps back and forth without following a storyline. What's funny is that everyone on IMDB either gave it 1 star or 10 stars. lol It's like you either totally hate it or worship it as a deep masterpiece. lol Check out the mix of 1 and 10 star reviews below.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478304/reviews

Trailer:

Scepcop
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Board