View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Interviewing Craig Browning

Discuss Other Topics not related to the Paranormal or Conspiracies (within reason of course).

Re: Interviewing Craig Browning

Postby ProfWag » 15 Dec 2010, 04:09

derrida wrote:so we have talked about great magicians..
but do you have cringe moments when seeing amateurs or semi-pros on stage?
i get those all the time here.. we pretty much have the old classical magician.. (i call them circus magicians) with the tuxedos, scarfs and the 30dollar toys doing the same routines.. is really crappy magic..

Yea, especially the few times I've had to watch a kid show magician who had bought some props through the internet and suddenly their Houdini...
I saw a show not too long ago where the magician dropped a Zombie Ball. Ugly. Then again, I did a show once from a small church pew and didn't realize my zipper was down until half way through the show so I knew everyone had seen it by then. I improvised by pulling out my appearing cane before I normally did, sticking my hand down my pants and having my cane appear through my zipper. Maybe not the right thing to do in church, but at least I got a laugh so I try to remember I was there once too...
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54






Re: Interviewing Craig Browning

Postby derrida » 15 Dec 2010, 04:20

ProfWag wrote:
derrida wrote:so we have talked about great magicians..
but do you have cringe moments when seeing amateurs or semi-pros on stage?
i get those all the time here.. we pretty much have the old classical magician.. (i call them circus magicians) with the tuxedos, scarfs and the 30dollar toys doing the same routines.. is really crappy magic..

Yea, especially the few times I've had to watch a kid show magician who had bought some props through the internet and suddenly their Houdini...
I saw a show not too long ago where the magician dropped a Zombie Ball. Ugly. Then again, I did a show once from a small church pew and didn't realize my zipper was down until half way through the show so I knew everyone had seen it by then. I improvised by pulling out my appearing cane before I normally did, sticking my hand down my pants and having my cane appear through my zipper. Maybe not the right thing to do in church, but at least I got a laugh so I try to remember I was there once too...


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!..
oooh man.. i feel sorry for you..

during a mind-reading thing on my act.. the spectator drop the cards.. and it totally kill that part of my show.. i just went.. ¨all right i nobody likes card tricks anyway¨.. we can do something else.. and proceed to do another thing.

not long ago during a kid show ( i dont do kid shows, but it was a friend´s wife that asked me for the favor)
so during a sponge ball routine.. a kid yelled ¨he is got another one on his hand!!¨.. and i panicked that time
cause kids started yelling and stuff.. and kids are really hard to get back on track..
i dismissed the kid with a.. what did you expect? real magic? of course i am cheating.. and then proceed to a you do as i do ..
it was fun.. but really tought..i dont like kid shows.. my respect to those performers
derrida
 
Posts: 308
Joined: 08 Oct 2010, 04:29

Re: Interviewing Craig Browning

Postby NinjaPuppy » 15 Dec 2010, 20:40

I bought my first magic trick yesterday. I need to go on-line to get the instructions to see how this thing works.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Interviewing Craig Browning

Postby ProfWag » 15 Dec 2010, 21:43

NinjaPuppy wrote:I bought my first magic trick yesterday. I need to go on-line to get the instructions to see how this thing works.

What did you get Ninja?
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Interviewing Craig Browning

Postby derrida » 15 Dec 2010, 22:05

ProfWag wrote:
NinjaPuppy wrote:I bought my first magic trick yesterday. I need to go on-line to get the instructions to see how this thing works.

What did you get Ninja?


Was it Copperfield´s flying illusion??
derrida
 
Posts: 308
Joined: 08 Oct 2010, 04:29

Re: Interviewing Craig Browning

Postby Craig Browning » 16 Dec 2010, 13:51

derrida wrote:
ProfWag wrote:
NinjaPuppy wrote:I bought my first magic trick yesterday. I need to go on-line to get the instructions to see how this thing works.

What did you get Ninja?


Was it Copperfield´s flying illusion??




:roll: Ya know... I find it funny how this thread started out as an interview with me and has turned into a "my favorite magician" thread :lol:
User avatar
Craig Browning
 
Posts: 1526
Joined: 13 Feb 2010, 05:20
Location: Northampton, MA

Re: Interviewing Craig Browning

Postby NinjaPuppy » 16 Dec 2010, 20:22

Craig Browning wrote: :roll: Ya know... I find it funny how this thread started out as an interview with me and has turned into a "my favorite magician" thread :lol:

You are MY favorite ;)
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Interviewing Craig Browning

Postby Craig Browning » 17 Dec 2010, 04:26

NinjaPuppy wrote:
Craig Browning wrote: :roll: Ya know... I find it funny how this thread started out as an interview with me and has turned into a "my favorite magician" thread :lol:

You are MY favorite ;)


O no you don't... you're just sucking up now :lol:
User avatar
Craig Browning
 
Posts: 1526
Joined: 13 Feb 2010, 05:20
Location: Northampton, MA

Re: Interviewing Craig Browning

Postby derrida » 18 Dec 2010, 07:08

Craig Browning wrote:
NinjaPuppy wrote:
Craig Browning wrote: :roll: Ya know... I find it funny how this thread started out as an interview with me and has turned into a "my favorite magician" thread :lol:

You are MY favorite ;)


O no you don't... you're just sucking up now :lol:


how about
you are my favorite FULL TIME PROFESSIONAL magician on this forum ?
;)

now, get better
derrida
 
Posts: 308
Joined: 08 Oct 2010, 04:29

Re: Interviewing Craig Browning

Postby Craig Browning » 18 Dec 2010, 08:41

Ok... I can believe that but one correction; I'm far from working (doing shows) "full-time" these days... semi-retired is what I call it
User avatar
Craig Browning
 
Posts: 1526
Joined: 13 Feb 2010, 05:20
Location: Northampton, MA

Re: Interviewing Craig Browning

Postby derrida » 23 Dec 2010, 16:33

WHAT THA!?!?!?!?
craig!! you gave away a free ebook and you didnt told me!?!?
:(
derrida
 
Posts: 308
Joined: 08 Oct 2010, 04:29

Re: Interviewing Craig Browning

Postby Craig Browning » 23 Dec 2010, 21:53

derrida wrote:WHAT THA!?!?!?!?
craig!! you gave away a free ebook and you didnt told me!?!?
:(


Yes, I'm evil... but the book wasn't actually ready for official release. Now that it is I'm posting an official announcement for one an all...
User avatar
Craig Browning
 
Posts: 1526
Joined: 13 Feb 2010, 05:20
Location: Northampton, MA

Re: Interviewing Craig Browning

Postby NinjaPuppy » 23 Dec 2010, 22:57

So where is this ebook??? Did that poof too?

OOPS! FOUND IT. Printing it out now.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Board

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron