View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Craig Browning, how does he do this card trick?

Discuss Other Topics not related to the Paranormal or Conspiracies (within reason of course).

Craig Browning, how does he do this card trick?

Postby Scepcop » 06 Oct 2010, 21:33

Do you know?

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: Craig Browning, how does he do this card trick?

Postby Craig Browning » 06 Oct 2010, 21:46

Hahaha... his handling and presentation is quite cool but it's one of the oldest tricks in the book. You simply don't recognize it because he's thrown in the blindfold... watch closely at how he picks up the "random" card after cutting the deck and what he does when he replaces the card and completes the cut... even though he does a mix, he's able to keep track of a block of the cards, which is all he needs to do in that he knows a couple of things... I'll just say, he knows what the random card is (or should, if what I saw was right).

Truthfully, I'm not a card guy... I actually avoid the things as much as I can. Nonetheless, most card magic is done with a standard deck, no gimmicks or markings whatsoever; it's just talent & skills.
Craig Browning

Postby Scepcop » 06 Oct 2010, 22:20

I don't get what you mean. I watched it again but didn't see anything unusual about the blindfold. He isn't touching the cards when he is putting on and taking off the blindfold.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Craig Browning » 08 Oct 2010, 01:22

if I could find an IM system on this board I could help you out, but I won't post things on line for all to see.
Craig Browning

Postby Arouet » 08 Oct 2010, 01:53

You can click on anyone's name and on the next screen click: send private message.
Arouet

Postby derrida » 08 Oct 2010, 17:29

Scepcop wrote:I don't get what you mean. I watched it again but didn't see anything unusual about the blindfold. He isn't touching the cards when he is putting on and taking off the blindfold.

i didnt know this site was about revealing magic tricks

first than anything you dont even know if he could or not could see throught the blindfold
lets suppose he cant

it is pretty evident that
he is making a crimp.. it is known in the poker world.. it isnt that special
derrida

Postby Craig Browning » 08 Oct 2010, 20:05

derrida wrote:
Scepcop wrote:I don't get what you mean. I watched it again but didn't see anything unusual about the blindfold. He isn't touching the cards when he is putting on and taking off the blindfold.

i didnt know this site was about revealing magic tricks

first than anything you dont even know if he could or not could see throught the blindfold
lets suppose he cant

it is pretty evident that
he is making a crimp.. it is known in the poker world.. it isnt that special

WRONG... but thanks for playing!

No crimp required

No gaffed blindfold

Any skeptic worth his/her weight should see through this bit and know exactly what the guy is doing, it's a golden oldie!
Craig Browning

Postby derrida » 09 Oct 2010, 00:55

then give your solution
so i could say.. WRONG
and give a third solution..

i dont think he is using a key card.. but that could be it
derrida

Postby caniswalensis » 09 Oct 2010, 05:47

I am pretty sure I see what he did. If I am right, it is extremely simple and anyone can do it.

I don't want to spoil the fun so I will PM you Craig and you can tell me if I got it right.

Regards, Canis
"It is proper for you to doubt ... do not go upon report ... do not go upon tradition ... do not go upon hear-say." ~ Buddha
caniswalensis

Postby Craig Browning » 09 Oct 2010, 07:49

derrida wrote:then give your solution
so i could say.. WRONG
and give a third solution..

i dont think he is using a key card.. but that could be it

I don't know who you are but I'd highly recommend you do a search on my name before you start getting sassy about magic :twisted:
Craig Browning

Postby Scepcop » 10 Oct 2010, 01:55

Craig Browning, I showed your explanation of the card trick to Darryl, and here is his response:

No, I don't think he's got it quite right, but he's very vague about what he means. It's got nothing to do with how I handle the cut deck. At that point, I genuinely can't see, and I'm not marking the cards in any way.

Clue: the real piece of misdirection happens before the blindfold goes on.

Darryl

Can you watch it again and look for the clue he gives above?
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 10 Oct 2010, 01:58

Craig Browning wrote:if I could find an IM system on this board I could help you out, but I won't post things on line for all to see.

Well you can PM me. click the PM button next to my user name.
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Craig Browning » 10 Oct 2010, 20:16

Scepcop wrote:Craig Browning, I showed your explanation of the card trick to Darryl, and here is his response:

No, I don't think he's got it quite right, but he's very vague about what he means. It's got nothing to do with how I handle the cut deck. At that point, I genuinely can't see, and I'm not marking the cards in any way.

Clue: the real piece of misdirection happens before the blindfold goes on.

Darryl

Can you watch it again and look for the clue he gives above?

Which Darryl?

Are you trying to say that you rub elbows with one of the big card buys?

Well, I'm not a card guy (I'm well established when it comes to literally hating the things in that they are an addiction for most magician types), But I am a mentalist and quite familiar with most of the blindfold techniques out there, so please, go wiggle you ego somewhere else and stop poking the bear.
Craig Browning

Postby caniswalensis » 10 Oct 2010, 23:13

There's a bear!?

*grabs a sharp stick and furiously starts poking*

:D
"It is proper for you to doubt ... do not go upon report ... do not go upon tradition ... do not go upon hear-say." ~ Buddha
caniswalensis

Postby Scepcop » 10 Oct 2010, 23:26

Craig Browning wrote:Which Darryl?

Are you trying to say that you rub elbows with one of the big card buys?

Well, I'm not a card guy (I'm well established when it comes to literally hating the things in that they are an addiction for most magician types), But I am a mentalist and quite familiar with most of the blindfold techniques out there, so please, go wiggle you ego somewhere else and stop poking the bear.

Darryl, the guy in the video that we are trying to guess how he did the card trick. Remember?

So in other words, you don't know how he did it huh?
Scepcop
Site Admin

Next

Return to Off-Topic Board