View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

We got an offer to do our own radio show! What do you think?

Post suggestions, ideas and feedback for SCEPCOP and this website. Propose and coordinate projects, plans, articles, site improvements, etc. Requests for new boards can be made here too.

Re: We got an offer to do our own radio show! What do you think?

Postby ProfWag » 05 May 2010, 22:20

Scepcop wrote:
ProfWag wrote:Will this radio show be for believers or believers and skeptics alike?

Well anyone can listen in. But it would be about exploring the paranormal and debunking pseudo-skeptical arguments.

Are you interested in participating in any debates on it?

Absolutely! As long as I'm not identified as an "expert" in anything paranormal, as I'm not. Also, as long as once the show's over, you don't post a thread with a heading anything remotely similar to "Scepcop Radio Show Bashes ProfWag and Exposes Him as an Idiot"
ProfWag

Postby Eteponge » 05 May 2010, 23:35

Scepcop wrote:Hi all,
Just an update on the radio show project. I finally found someone willing to host it for us. He is an old friend of mine from Washington who runs a UFO/Paranormal club there and goes to conventions too. As such, he is very knowledgeable on UFO's and Paranormal topics, and knows a lot of well known researchers in the field. He has hosted radio in the past but it was in the old era before all the internet technology, so he has to learn all the new tech stuff first. He is currently arranging it with the SRN Live folks.

Now the thing is, I'd like to try to get him and Eteponge to host it together. But I am sure about the feasibility of having two people host a show from DIFFERENT locations. It might be kind of tricky. But I will ask the SRN Live folks about it.

Another SCEPCOP member named Tony Stubbs, who hosts an Afterlife program on BlogTalkRadio, also expressed interest. So I will see if he and my other friend can take turns doing the show for us.

Anyway, that's the update for now.

Thanks,
Vinstonas

Having two people host from different locations is not a problem at all in this day and age. The answer? Skype. Gene and Dave, who host The Paracast for example, live in totally different locations, and they host by using Skype to interview their guests.

Are you saying that I would host, and the UFO / Paranormal researcher and Tony Stubbs could take turns co-hosting with me? That would work. And, if there is a time where I cannot do the podcast on a certain day, they both could cover together.
"I think Eteponge's Blog is a pretty cool guy. eh debates Skeptics and doesnt afraid of anything."
Eteponge

Postby ciscop » 06 May 2010, 02:51

ProfWag wrote:
Scepcop wrote:
ProfWag wrote:Will this radio show be for believers or believers and skeptics alike?

Absolutely! As long as I'm not identified as an "expert" in anything paranormal, as I'm not. Also, as long as once the show's over, you don't post a thread with a heading anything remotely similar to "Scepcop Radio Show Bashes ProfWag and Exposes Him as an Idiot"

ooh.. scescop got a thing for titles
i love that

the exagerated title and reading what happened finding out it was always the other way around
:lol:
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Previous

Return to Suggestions / Feedback